Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2018 1:04 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this has got to be the strongest episode yet!

We got our favorite Tsundere back.

I think I have to go, I am busy crying, this is such an improvement over the VN counterpart.

Interesting to see how the alpha world-line became, it's depressing.

No words, this has to be the best episode in anime, so many feelings rushing towards you in just 23 minutes.

How dare they show us that perspective of Kursiu, WF wants us to cry more.

Get your girl to build a time machine for you.

MxxxstationAug 8, 2018 1:47 AM
Aug 8, 2018 5:06 AM

Jan 2018
This episode is yet one of the saddest episode and one of my favorite episodes of the series
-
I could watch this episode over and over and I would still cry
-

icedmocha_Aug 8, 2018 10:18 AM

Aug 8, 2018 5:59 AM

May 2015
Kurisu :(((((. So sad.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 7:34 AM

Feb 2013
A world without Mayushii is too sad.
Wow, I wasn't expecting a kiss there.
Aug 8, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2015
This episode(along with 16) is a masterpiece. They improve a lot from de VN.
Aug 12, 2018 10:25 AM

May 2011
wow them feels.My god i cant count how many times i cried this episode...

It was a little bit confusing since S1 was like so looong ago..so..here it is

For those of you who don't understand the dmail from this episode or the connection to episode 22 of the original show, let me explain it.

The message said "don't come in" and was sent from the future by the Okabe and Kurisu you saw in most of this episode. It was sent to past Kurisu, who had said goodbye to Okabe in episode 22, and was about to leave Japan.

In this world line, the reason why Kurisu is alive is because Kurisu, instead of leaving, went back to the lab and confessed her love for Okabe. This makes Okabe abandon the dmail and save Kurisu instead of Mayuri.

The dmail was sent to the past Kurisu to prevent her from confessing her love. And it worked, by delaying her long enough (she looked at her phone before opening the door to think about it) to allow Okabe to press the enter key, thus transferring Okabe back to the Beta world line in the original show.

Copy pasted this from somewhere, its good

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Aug 2015
Best episode so far. I like this season better than the last one. Its going to be awesome seeing Okabe's development through to the end.
Aug 21, 2018 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
ok that was confusing in the end…did kurisu change time lines instead of okabe..or what
Aug 23, 2018 1:55 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, the timeline where Mayuri is dead. Well we have the real Kurisu for one episode. She kisses him and sends the message. That was unexpected lol. I like the ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 31, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2014
this episode was a masterpiece with such a flood of emotional moments
i need to recover from this
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Sep 7, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2016
Christ. This episode hit me hard.
Sep 10, 2018 5:56 AM

Apr 2017
Why isn't anyone talking about the technical part of this...
I have a question concerning the og series too
In ep 22 of Steins;Gate why does deleting data from SERN's servers in the present change the worllline, that's illogical, you have to change the past to make the world flow on a different line
(Edit)
Reached a logical conclusion by myself
Those 2 hours of thinking were really productive
I had false assumptions in how the reading Steiner works
Oof
KurayaSep 10, 2018 9:39 AM

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Sep 10, 2018 9:20 AM

May 2016
Kuraya said:
In ep 22 of Steins;Gate why does deleting data from SERN's servers in the present change the worllline, that's illogical, you have to change the past to make the world flow on a different line

Because SERN creates his dominance in the future thanks to that message. If you delete it, you break the Alpha attractor field convergence, and the world will completely reconstructed by the new attractor field (Beta)
-
Sep 10, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
Kuraya said:

Because SERN creates his dominance in the future thanks to that message. If you delete it, you break the Alpha attractor field convergence, and the world will completely reconstructed by the new attractor field (Beta)
thanks mayte that's part of the conclusion I reached it was hard(look at my edit)

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Sep 14, 2018 5:52 PM

Dec 2015
Aaaand he's back to the beta timeline.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 26, 2018 10:26 PM

Feb 2018
wow this episode ...jus so amazing i am crying over and over
okabe and kirusu!! yes!! steins gate is amazing wowoww
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 6:51 AM

May 2012
Weren't we all waiting for that scene! And boy did they put in picture beautifully! Really sad episode yet so beautiful. Really loved it and really do wonder what will happen next to be honest!
Oct 11, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
Fantastic. This episode hit like a truck and managed to recapture some of the magic of the original. Which is good, since the first 7 episodes were mostly lacking.
BStrifeSword114Oct 11, 2018 7:56 AM
Oct 13, 2018 5:38 PM
Jul 2015
Kiev said:

For those of you who don't understand the dmail from this episode or the connection to episode 22 of the original show, let me explain it.

The message said "don't come in" and was sent from the future by the Okabe and Kurisu you saw in most of this episode. It was sent to past Kurisu, who had said goodbye to Okabe in episode 22, and was about to leave Japan.

In this world line, the reason why Kurisu is alive is because Kurisu, instead of leaving, went back to the lab and confessed her love for Okabe. This makes Okabe abandon the dmail and save Kurisu instead of Mayuri.

The dmail was sent to the past Kurisu to prevent her from confessing her love. And it worked, by delaying her long enough (she looked at her phone before opening the door to think about it) to allow Okabe to press the enter key, thus transferring Okabe back to the Beta world line in the original show.

You saved me, thank you.
Oct 13, 2018 10:11 PM

Feb 2014
that's woman for you, she kissed him having something else in mind, which in that case was to able to reach the cellphone without him realizing xD
Oct 13, 2018 10:29 PM
Nov 2016
Is funny to see how this episode (the best episode this anime offered) is one of the least talked here. The reason for that is because at that time the forum of this website was down but still, I expected to see more comments about this episode once the forums returned but nope, sad...
Oct 17, 2018 11:01 AM
Jan 2014
Kiev said:

That was helpful i was a bit confused and came here for info and found you :)
Oct 18, 2018 3:49 AM
Mar 2018
Damn this episode was unexpected, hit me right were it hurts :-( This is the reason why Steins;Gate is one of the best anime ever.
Oct 21, 2018 12:51 PM

Jul 2011
Watching this is fucking torture...
Oct 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Uff I just had to come visit the topic for this ep after watching it, and tbh I wasn't sure if this season was gonna be good,but now it's definitely a good one.
Oct 28, 2018 5:02 AM

Sep 2018
Kiev said:

Well I was just going to type that but that's that. Its explained clearly how the alpha worldline influenced he beta world line. This anime just keeps getting better and better...

Oct 29, 2018 6:52 PM
Oct 2018
This is so sad :(
Best episode so far.
Nov 1, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2018
I really liked this episode, 5/5
It was pretty sad, but I'm glad Okabe had one last opportunity to sad goodbye to Kurisu

But I have realized that even tho he loves Kurisu, she's nothing like Mayuri to Okabe

You see when Kurisu died, even knowing he killed her, Okabe was "just" really depressed

But when Mayuri died, it's like Okabe died with her, he was dead inside, he felt like his life has no point anymore, not even his love could do anything to make him feel better

And remember everything he went through in S;G to save Mayuri, not even seeing her dying so many times broke him
He kept going
After a while I'm sure he knew he couldn't save Mayuri no matter what he does, he just wanted to be with her

Mayuri is everything to Okabe
-Aincrad-Nov 1, 2018 12:37 PM
Nov 1, 2018 4:18 AM

May 2016
EremikaLife said:
I really liked this episode, 5/5
It was pretty sad, but I'm glad Okabe had one last opportunity to sad goodbye to Kurisu

But I have realized that even tho he loves Kurisu, she's nothing like Mayuri to Okabe

You see when Kurisu died, even knowing he killed her, Okabe was "just" really depressed

But when Mayuri died, it's like Okabe died with her, he was dead inside, he felt like his life has no point anymore, not even his love could do anything to make him feel better
Mayuri is everything to Okabe

A deep childhood friendship > love
-
Nov 9, 2018 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion
a bright new perk, even better than the first series
Nov 30, 2018 3:28 AM

Mar 2017
Yeah, I'm starting to regret not rewatching the original
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 25, 2018 11:33 PM

Mar 2016
Okabe jumped back to the Alpha world line, where Kurisu is alive and Mayuri dies... No matter the worldlines, as long as it's not the Steins; Gate worldline, nothing is perfect!

Okabe's brief stay here in this alpha world line seems to be just as Kurisu has explained. A dream... More like a nightmare IMO. When Mayuri died in this worldline, Okabe seemingly died with her, just standing by her grave all the time. Even if Kurisu is here, noting is perfect if even a single loved one is missing. (in this case Mayuri) Childhood Friend, Lover or just a relative. As long as they're close to Okabe, it's painful for him to lose any of them.

HOLY SHIT! YES!!! Kurisu and Okabe kissed! OH, TEARS OF JOY! However, though it may be a kiss, it's as usual... A farewell kiss... (T^T)

No... Don't tell me Okabe will forget everything about Kurisu!

Jan 18, 2019 2:29 PM

May 2009
I just want Okabe to not have to cry any more. Is that so much to ask for? Nooo, let's bring back the dead girl and have him lose her again.

That being said... this episode was amazing. Easily one of the best of S;G0. And tying it back to that scene with that d-mail made it even better.
Jan 18, 2019 2:35 PM

May 2016
ilmare said:
I just want Okabe to not have to cry any more. Is that so much to ask for? Nooo, let's bring back the dead girl and have him lose her again.

That being said... this episode was amazing. Easily one of the best of S;G0. And tying it back to that scene with that d-mail made it even better.

In universe, this scene, and that scene from episode 22 of the original, are totally different. They happened on different worldlines. In episode 22, Kurisu did not got any d-mail (we know it from Babel of the Grieved Maze - episode 22 from Kurisu's perspective)
-
Feb 1, 2019 5:11 PM

Sep 2018
Wow, that was intense. He finally got her back, only to lose her again shortly after.
Feb 17, 2019 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
That hurt so much.
Mar 17, 2019 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
The nostalgia of Kurisu being alive ... =(
That was a depressing episode for sure, seems that the Okabe of this timeline just gave up on saving Mayurii after a while
I love how Kurisu can just always tell it's not the same Okabe that she had in that timeline, nice touch.
Predictable they went to Mayurii's grave, really sad scene though D:

The pinky promise was really cute.
Oh yes Kurisu, let's give Okabe a passionate kiss even though you just told him to forget about you, that'll make it MUCH easier.
Really sad scene aswell.

So I'm guessing the reason she sent the D-mail to herself is so she wouldn't come in and make it so he didn't give up on saving Mayurii ... whereas he normally would have after seeing Kurisu come in (telling Okabe she loved him), making him give up because of all the pain he went through.
Eventually making it so he would've eventually ended up at that same timeline that he left before getting Amadeus' call.

Kiss scene and seeing Kurisu and Okabe together again - 10/10
Apr 3, 2019 11:26 AM

Jan 2017
okay,,,first thing first:Steins;Gate without Makise Chris is not fun at all,okay,,i get it,somehow world line changed!and i totally disagree okabe actually saved Chris over Mayurii ;_;
in the 1st season they clearly showed he pressed the damn ENTER button and things changed,right?no one remembered who was member 004!now they say he actually did not press ENTER and saved Celeb 17 over mayurii!!!what a sack of bullcrap! ;_; whatever lets see what happens afterwards!
Apr 5, 2019 12:18 AM

May 2016
quazisourav said:

in the 1st season they clearly showed he pressed the damn ENTER button and things changed,right?no one remembered who was member 004!now they say he actually did not press ENTER and saved Celeb 17 over mayurii!!!what a sack of bullcrap! ;_; whatever lets see what happens afterwards!

Yeah, but this is not the same Alpha worldline. In this worldline, he didn't press the button.
When an Attractor Field re-activates, the new worldline will be based on the last worldline of the previous iteration of the Attractor Field. The last WL in Alpha was when Okabe pressed the button.
However, if he would pressed that button in this new Alpha worldline too, that would be a paradox, since SERN can make its dystopia in the future because of Okabe's first D-Mail. By pressing the button, it would be deleted. So this worldline could not exist, if Okabe pressed the button. That's why in this new worldline, he didn't press it. I hope you understand.
-
Apr 5, 2019 7:27 AM

Jan 2017
hmm,,its confusing,,i kinda understand it,,thanks for explaining! :)
Apr 10, 2019 6:40 AM
Aug 2018
Does anyone know that the soundtrack of this episode after Kurisu said that it was just a dream on the grave?
Apr 11, 2019 8:54 AM
Aug 2014
Lam_ChunPing said:
Does anyone know that the soundtrack of this episode after Kurisu said that it was just a dream on the grave?
Its from the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKydHmFwqvA&list=PLA-_cWTTpB3KGN1No0QrwgfPCPqUWRkh3&index=16
Apr 11, 2019 8:58 AM
Aug 2018
Cm1234 said:
Lam_ChunPing said:
Its from the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKydHmFwqvA&list=PLA-_cWTTpB3KGN1No0QrwgfPCPqUWRkh3&index=16

Thank you very much!
I have been looking for it for a long time!
Apr 16, 2019 9:51 PM
Feb 2009
To me, this is the best episode of the entire series (original Steins;Gate included).
sbkApr 17, 2019 9:24 AM
Apr 17, 2019 1:42 AM

May 2016
sbk said:
To me, this is hands the best episode of the entire series (original Steins;Gate included).

Probably you didn't see Episode 21 of Steins;Gate 0 :D
-
Apr 23, 2019 10:59 PM
Jan 2018
xZabuzax said:
Is funny to see how this episode (the best episode this anime offered) is one of the least talked here. The reason for that is because at that time the forum of this website was down but still, I expected to see more comments about this episode once the forums returned but nope, sad...

Holy crap I just noticed this too. I can't believe this quote would be on the first page despite the anime having FINISHED airing months ago.
May 3, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2010
I loved seeing Kurisu again, don't get me wrong, it's just this ep, and this part in the vn on its own felt like - hey, we really should remind everyone why this red head was important, besides, we need to include her somewhere... Honestly, I don't really like this kind of fanservice :x It felt forced and quite pointless to the story overall.
May 6, 2019 5:49 AM

May 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
I loved seeing Kurisu again, don't get me wrong, it's just this ep, and this part in the vn on its own felt like - hey, we really should remind everyone why this red head was important, besides, we need to include her somewhere... Honestly, I don't really like this kind of fanservice :x It felt forced and quite pointless to the story overall.

The point of this episode wasn't just pure fanservice. In this "little trip" to Alpha, Okabe realized that perspective and point of view are important. This is the first puzzle of Operation Skuld.
-
May 7, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2010
SheevPalpatine said:
Kitsu-nee said:

The point of this episode wasn't just pure fanservice. In this "little trip" to Alpha, Okabe realized that perspective and point of view are important. This is the first puzzle of Operation Skuld.

I mean, I know what it was supposed to be, it's just I don't buy it at all :x But I just dislike Okarin from S;G0 in general, and most of its plot anyway, so just don't mind me lol, I know I'm in minority.
Jun 20, 2019 1:18 AM

Feb 2019
The kiss at the end was a nice touch :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.