Forum Settings
Forums

Do you have any religious beliefs? If so, what are they?

New
May 22, 2018 7:24 PM
Aug 2014
I've seen a few questions like this before, but they weren't polls, so it was hard to get an accurate picture. I feel kinda weird about asking this but I'm just really curious ha ha ha. What religion do you practice, if any? (And no, anime doesn't count, as this is a serious question. Even though I wish it counted.) Personally, I'm an atheist, but I used to be a christian. So what are yours? I promise I won't judge you lol I'm actually really interested to hear what you have to say.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2018 8:35 PM

Mar 2016
No, I am an atheist. I've never been to church, nor do I ever plan to go.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

May 22, 2018 8:59 PM
Aug 2014
Oraji said:
I was born in a christian religion but haven't baptized yet so probably I have a done a quite ton of sinful things, but I still respect God. Now I have a question, what makes you a atheist?

Mostly because it makes more logical and scientific sense. I have nothing against people with religious beliefs, like I said. I'm just insanely curious ha ha ha.
May 22, 2018 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
I was brought up in a Christian household but, upon having God as well as the Bible forced down my throat on a periodic basis, I said "Fuck it" and started following the path of Wicca/Paganism, so...
May 22, 2018 10:02 PM

Apr 2017
was born a Catholic but i dont feel like one, maybe i believe in God but not in religion

still life: pink roses
May 22, 2018 10:15 PM

Nov 2017
i'm buddhist because i been goin to temples ever since i was a little kid and it's less culty than any other religions i done seen, except for probably rastafarianism and shintoism
May 22, 2018 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
im closer to being agnostic on that poll being agnostic theist to be exact because of the simulation argument that says the whole universe/multiverse/omniverse maybe one giant advance computer simulation so there might be super advance beings or gods doing this simulation

but i do know that my belief on that is base on god of the gaps argument too that if science cannot explain something then it must be gods or aliens lol
May 22, 2018 10:21 PM

Jun 2017
Religion as a whole has never really excited me. I prefer to define myself as agnostic just because it's nice to believe that there's something out there.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 22, 2018 10:27 PM

Aug 2014
I'm the holy goddess in the Church of Madoka, otherwise known as Madokaism.

May 22, 2018 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
I was brought up in the Christian faith, but have fallen short on the Biblical standards of God so many times that eventually I just grew a little cold toward the faith. It doesn't help that I don't feel close to God anymore either, but that came with the choices that I made.
May 22, 2018 10:40 PM

Mar 2016
My American Grandparents try get me into Christianity when was teenager but did not give any care about it.
I always been more mix of Shinto and Buddhism but that was out of place in the U.S why when came back to Japan...
Felt lot better that stuff is normal here why Christianity is not so much.

May 23, 2018 12:08 AM

Oct 2017
I agnostic since my parents were not that religious so it never really affected me. Kinda like ghosts, you cant really prove or disprove the existence of god.
May 23, 2018 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
Spiritualist agnostic. I see things as being figurative as supposed to literal. I don't know whether there's a deity or not, so in many ways I see he or she as being more of a concept rather than tangible.

I was forced into episcopal school at a young age. I became a much more vehement atheist in my early mid teens, and that faded and grew more into agnosticism and spirituality in recent years. Again, it's all more figurative as supposed to literal.

I don't like the idea of church, fuck that shit. Had to do that too often as a child, hate it so much. Most sermons are long, drawn out, and droning.
May 23, 2018 4:21 AM

Sep 2017
i think religion is bullshit and a waste of my time.
Edward Elric > your waifu

May 23, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
I believe in God Emperor of mankind.
May 23, 2018 7:51 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I've been following theistic Satanism for quite some time. It doesn't go against Spirituality or Science and doesn't tell us how to live our lives. Abrahamic religions care only about converting everyone, atheists go against any suprarational system.

Also in terms of discrimination based on sex, sexuality, race, etc. it's non-existent. Yet we often take the blame because of how a religion that does pretty much all of the above said that the Gods we worship are the devil and his demons. So ironic
May 23, 2018 8:02 AM

Dec 2016
I had a Christian childhood until I was like eleven. Then my parents let me stop attending church if I wanted. Which was cool cuz it was very boring and there was like one other dude and myself who was children. Thankfully it wasn't a Catholic Church though.
May 23, 2018 8:06 AM

Jun 2015
I have personal beliefs but I'd never follow an organized religion.
People in groups tend to ruin things.
codyMay 23, 2018 8:25 AM

May 23, 2018 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Oraji said:
Now I have a question, what makes you a atheist?

Nothing is needed to make people atheists, it's the default. You can only become a not-atheist by being exposed to religious ideas and finding them convincing, or at least plausible.

Never happened to me. For me, religion is a psychological and sociological phenomenon which is easily explained entirely by those things, and requires no supernatural input.
May 23, 2018 8:29 AM

Jun 2015
logopolis said:
Oraji said:
Now I have a question, what makes you a atheist?

Nothing is needed to make people atheists, it's the default. You can only become a not-atheist by being exposed to religious ideas and finding them convincing, or at least plausible.
Er
Wouldn't the default be not knowing or caring?

May 23, 2018 8:34 AM

Mar 2014
I am an atheist, I was born an atheist and I will die an atheist
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 23, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
code said:
logopolis said:

Er

There's a plurality when it comes to defining atheism. Lack of belief in god due to lack of exposure (man raised in the wild or newborn) or lack of belief through conscious effort both fit in the broader definitions of atheism. Obviously though, both categories are clearly not the same and it's quite obvious "Oraji" is asking us why we make the conscious decision to be atheists.

May 23, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2012
code said:
Er

Yes. If you don't know or care about theism, then you are certainly without it.
May 23, 2018 8:39 AM

Jun 2015
NudeBear said:
code said:
Er

There's a plurality when it comes to defining atheism. Lack of belief in god due to lack of exposure (man raised in the wild or newborn) or lack of belief through conscious effort both fit in the broader definitions of atheism. Obviously though, both categories are clearly not the same and it's quite obvious "Oraji" is asking us why we make the conscious decision to be atheists.

But if men created the concept of gods, the default wouldn't be lack of belief in man-made creations. You can't "lack belief" in something that isn't even on your radar. Right?
I'm just arguing against the word default, not the reasoning.

May 23, 2018 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
NudeBear said:

I mean, I've had plenty of exposure to various religions and thought about them quite a bit. But I've still never made a conscious decision to be an atheist. I've just never made a conscious decision to stop being an atheist.
May 23, 2018 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
Why is there no "other" option? I'm a Germanic Pagan and I know of at least one Wiccan (two counting RedKitten13) on here and there's also Seiya who follows his own called "Dragonitsu".
Lost_VikingMay 23, 2018 8:50 AM
May 23, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
Lost_Viking said:
Why is there no "other" option? I'm a Germanic Pagan and I know of at least one Wiccan on here and there's also Seiya who follows his own called "Dragonitsu".

Wait what in the shit is "Dragonitsu" ?

nevermind, i just found it ... what in the hell.
May 23, 2018 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:
Lost_Viking said:
Why is there no "other" option? I'm a Germanic Pagan and I know of at least one Wiccan on here and there's also Seiya who follows his own called "Dragonitsu".

To be fair, I was once a disciple of dragonitsu before I had to distance myself from it.
The dragons were too visually pleasing.

May 23, 2018 8:50 AM

Apr 2016
code said:
Swagernator said:

To be fair, I was once a disciple of dragonitsu before I had to distance myself from it.

Oh, so it is basically a cult you saying ? Right ? Shieet.
May 23, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Swagernator said:
code said:

St. George did nothing wrong.

Just stay the hell away from my Dragon Pup waifu though.
May 23, 2018 8:53 AM

May 2012
I am an atheist but I wish there was a god or believe in one. Materialist reality is pretty depressing.
May 23, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2012
Seiya said:
Swagernator said:

Dragonitsu is not a cult. It allows you to be yourself, and doesn't conflict with science.

lol what if being yourself conflicts with science? What if you believe you are a wolf?
May 23, 2018 9:18 AM

May 2012
Seiya said:
PoeticJustice said:

lol what if being yourself conflicts with science? What if you believe you are a wolf?

You can believe whatever you want to believe. I'm not forcing my views/beliefs on anyone.

But that contradicts what you said earlier. I think it would be better if we established what you mean by "doesn't conflict with science."
May 23, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2016
I believe that religions are based upon a certain fear of reality if that counts.
May 23, 2018 9:39 AM
Dec 2017
I do believe in God so I suppose that'd make me a Christian.
May 23, 2018 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
I was born in a 'relaxed' christian family and culture. They make fun of me, like: "Oh, you don't believe in god until you're in a serious life/death situation and you need him", but 'kind of' accept it.

I believe life is what you make of it, not what "god wants". Ours and other's actions determine what happens. Some things are out of our control obviously, like nature. Even so, there's a reason why it happened.

I'm also disgusted by the fatalism of religions. How people complain instead of sorting s#!t out. I asserted that I'm going to be strong and decide my own fate instead of working for the man.

Atheism made me realize how capable an individual is, what he can achieve, and gives me the 'hope' and 'faith' I need, not on a divine entity, but on myself.
May 23, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2017
I've been a Christian for 7+ years now
May 23, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
Catholic. My father did a poor job leading by example, though, so it wasn't until I turned 18 when I made the conscious decision to be Catholic and never turn back.
Catholic | Gamer | Dungeon Master | Meme Lord

Message me with serious stuff or nonsense. All manner of profile comments welcome.
May 23, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2013
I'm one of the Far-eye, we're woke to Jah, I and i
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 24, 2018 6:04 AM

Oct 2014
I worship either the Sun, or @SadMadoka depending on the day.

However...

*See's poll options*
Why does Agnostic and Atheist keep getting confused? ;A;

May 24, 2018 6:08 AM

Apr 2018
LaVeyan Satanism. It's basically fancy Atheism with magic and rules.

May 24, 2018 6:11 AM

Aug 2015
Like most of the nepali. Hindu+Buddhist
May 24, 2018 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
Muslim but never cared enough to practice the religion. Consumed too much haram things anyways for any chance of redemption lmao.
May 24, 2018 7:10 AM

Oct 2015
Swagernator said:

On a serious note agnostic was a pretty devote catholic before :P but yeah still faithful to the picture above ofc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2014
Haisha said:
Swagernator said:

On a serious note agnostic was a pretty devote catholic before :P but yeah still faithful to the picture above ofc

Should of used the true God Emperor. :P

May 24, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
GwaziMagnum said:
Haisha said:

Should of used the true God Emperor. :P

Lord Gaben, God of the sales and
RNJesus(for games of w/ luck, Talking about you pubg & fortnite & the crits on mobas) are my holy trinity now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
Haisha said:
Lord Gaben, God of the sales and
RNJesus(for games of w/ luck, Talking about you pubg & fortnite & the crits on mobas) are my holy trinity now

Praise be to our Lord Gaben.
I empty my wallet before him.
May 24, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2015
@GwaziMagnum
Sacrifices must be made for our lord and savior so he may grace us with his gifts(sales) and hopefully for his 3rd coming(bad reference for hl3)
May 24, 2018 8:30 AM

Oct 2014
Haisha said:
@GwaziMagnum
Sacrifices must be made for our lord and savior so he may grace us with his gifts(sales) and hopefully for his 3rd coming(bad reference for hl3)

3 is the unholy number.
Gaben can never dare speak it.

May 24, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
there is this swedish food cart outside my school that is said to be offered to god or something first so it has magical properties to help students pass finals. what is it called again, hallall?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - May 4

38 by LoveYourSmile »»
31 minutes ago

» Femboy?

9765 - Yesterday

26 by KayKimii »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track movies you've watched?

Kei_XI - Mar 28

16 by sullix »»
38 minutes ago

» Vaping

Rivermind - Oct 30, 2023

35 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

42 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.