Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2018 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The rivalry between Souma and Akira still remains very intense and heated.

Both characters shows each other what they are capable of and the judges' foodgasm reactions were evident of their skills. Personally, I think this is the best rivalry in the show. Grats to Souma on the victory. Very well deserved!

Stark700May 13, 2018 10:01 AM
May 13, 2018 9:07 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
May 13, 2018 10:01 AM
Nov 2017
YOOOOOOO, they just expelled half the main cast and I aint even get to see it see it. How am I ever gonna watch Kurokiba's headband mood changes now lol. But does that mean that Aldini and Megumi both beat Rindo, the second seat?
May 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2016
Still remember the chapter when everyone was expelled like it was yesterday,for some reason it was hella depressing for me as if they killed off the characters xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2018 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
where did you guys watch the episode?
May 13, 2018 10:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so that was Akira's reason for joining central. Akira's dish though was far more surprising than Soma's. The analogy of a fortress and a cannon though was an interesting one. Without Jun no matter Akira's skills he is missing something important that made him shine back during the elections. The match between Akira and Soma sure was intense but came to the best end possible. Jun showing up to slap Akira though sure worked wonders on making him realise his error. Next up is the struggle against the rest of the e10. But the news that everyone else had been expelled due to their defeats was surprising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 10:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Alice and Ryou expelled doesn't sit right with me, they have been built up well just get wrecked off-screen.

I wonder what Megumi and Takumi are doing against Rindou.

Other than that, that was HYPE. Loved the episode despite above mentioned stuff.
May 13, 2018 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
Damn I wasn't expecting so many eliminations at once. I doubt they'll actually be expelled but this development is exciting
May 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, these are the kind of episodes I love.

Dojima and his passion in explaining the Nakiri 'Explosion' technique cracks me up, I find it hilarious they way he says it. XD

The twins are super cute, their 'explosion' was so good. XD

Anyway, seeing Soma's passion rejuvenate Hayama who had lost his way was great and pretty emotional too. Souma finally won against Hayama, Congratulations to him!

The post credit scene was brutal, did everyone else really go down, even Alice and Ryou? They didn't show Takumi and Megumi but I find it hard to believe they beat Rindou. Wonder if the latter had something else up her sleeve. Anyway, looking forward to next week.
May 13, 2018 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
That was an intense fight ! Souma could made it but everyone else didn't and now they'll be expelled, looks like another shokugeki will be submitted.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 13, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2017
For the first time this 2nd cour I can give my 5/5. Well done and well deserved Souma!
May 13, 2018 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
Now I know for sure, that the OP is full of Spoiler. All those behind the black line got expelled. Just hoping Megumi and Takumi passed somehow.
May 13, 2018 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
The conclusion of the fight between Souma and Akira, and damn that was so intense. Really good!

This episode delivered what Food Wars is good about, the reactions of the judges. The explanation of the "Gift power" killed me. The tricks used on Soma's dish were impressive. Im glad that Akira got more development in this episode, and recognised what he was missing.

That ending was totally unexpected. Only Nakiri and Souma passed the test, what a cliffhanger. This was a good addition to the danger they are facing.
May 13, 2018 10:40 AM

Apr 2017
Skennes said:
The conclusion of the fight between Souma and Akira, and damn that was so intense. Really good!

This episode delivered what Food Wars is good about, the reactions of the judges. The explanation of the "Gift power" killed me. The tricks used on Soma's dish were impressive. Im glad that Akira got more development in this episode, and recognised what he was missing.

That ending was totally unexpected. Only Nakiri and Souma passed the test, what a cliffhanger. This was a good addition to the danger they are facing.

We don't know about Megumi and Aldini, but Rindou is too op so I don´t really know what happened.
May 13, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
I've been waiting for the moment to see the reactions when many of the rebels got expelled and it was worth it. It was so awesome in the manga and it was equally awesome here.

And the match between Yukihira and Hayama was awesome. Predictable. Yet really, really intense and fun to witness.

Shit got very interesting here and it's only going to get better in the upcoming episodes.
May 13, 2018 11:00 AM
Mar 2017
Lovely victory for Soma, logically makes sense.
still, bestowing foodgasm is still better in manga but anime version can bring me the vibe from it.
very good adaptation because I didn't think this episode was just adapting 2 chapter from manga, and THAT FLYING CUTE PETIT BEAR LOL

for anime watchers, Something very GOOD and HYPE will happen next week, just stay tune!

very enjoyable episodes

9/10
Oira_yukihiraMay 13, 2018 11:39 AM
May 13, 2018 11:03 AM

Feb 2018
I think in term of max skill/power of Souma and Hayama, Hayama still better. But why hayama lost this match was because he missed something that very important to a chef (according this manga). That is "Why do you cook something? For what? For who?". Since his introducion until before he joined Central. He was cooking for Shiomi Jun, but after he joined Central, even Jun herself adviced him not to join Central. So if Jun didn't support his decision, now for who he do cook something.

Except Souma and Erina, All of them will be expelled, still no confirmation about Megumi and Takumi Aldini, but according from OP animation, i think they manage to still through advancement exam. I can't predict why they can (still impossible they can defeat Rindou through Shokugeki). With title of the next episode (Declaration of War). Souma, Erina, Megumi and Takumi will be Rebels main forces.
May 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Feb 2018
I was just wondering if Erina and Alice also possess the chest baring ability of Nakiri clan.
I would definitely love to see that for uhmm... research purposes.

I liked how they thoroughly explained the Explosion ability.
KirishibaMay 13, 2018 11:12 AM
May 13, 2018 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was well done and beautiful. This made Hayama realize what he lost and what he was missing.
May 13, 2018 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
God tier finale to their confrontation! Man, that was as hype, over the top (The Gift is really something), funny and touching at the same time as one would expect from Shokugeki, I love it.
May 13, 2018 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
Wow what an episode! Nice to see Souma finally beating Hayama, even though he wasn't at full strengh. They just have a great rivalry.
And that ending...I hope at least Takumi and Megumi made it. Can't wait for the next one!
May 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
Holy that was unexpected. Can someone spoil the manga for me? Do they actually get expelled or what lol
May 13, 2018 11:46 AM
Mar 2016
Looks like having a 3rd time charm didn't go well for Akira, Souma wins and that's that.

Oh shit a lot have been expelled.
May 13, 2018 11:52 AM

Apr 2018
Finally souma beats hayama. But all others except megumi and takumi are expelled.

Next episode is titled DECLARATION OF WAR, wonder how things are gonna go down???

May 13, 2018 12:00 PM
Nov 2013
holy shit that ep was so good... im so shocked by those who were expelled even though i knew it XD
They just made this scene Prefect, and Hayama's character development was brilliant tho
May 13, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
Souma finally got his revenge on Hayama, but all the other Rebels got expelled. And now we'll begin the part of the arc where, from here on, things will be pretty predicable (well today's result was predictable as well) and power levels mean nothing.

Lelouch0202 said:
They didn't show Takumi and Megumi but I find it hard to believe they beat Rindou. Wonder if the latter had something else up her sleeve. Anyway, looking forward to next week.

Kaiser_Senpai said:
We don't know about Megumi and Aldini, but Rindou is too op so I don´t really know what happened.

Tbh you guys will probably just laugh when they show what Rindou put those two through.

Baka_Debakar said:
Now I know for sure, that the OP is full of Spoiler. All those behind the black line got expelled. Just hoping Megumi and Takumi passed somehow.

You're right even I was amazed at how much the OP spoils. As a manga reader, I was hoping they'd leave certain details out, since a lot of people could logically deduce what might happen in the future.

@AlexDDDDD
thebrentinator24May 13, 2018 1:10 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2018 12:41 PM
Mar 2008
To anyone reading the manga. All those who got eliminated. Did that match appear in the manga? Or just skipped over like here?

Personally I wish show had more food competition and less drama around everything.
May 13, 2018 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Looks like Yukihira won by the skin of his teeth, and everyone else got expelled, except Erina, and it looks like Megumi and the one Aldini brother also made the cut. I can't imagine how Megumi would have won, she's good but not top tier. Too bad if she did win, that she'll continue hanging around, potentially cock-blocking Erina.
May 13, 2018 12:50 PM
Feb 2018
Oira_yukihira said:
Lovely victory for Soma, logically makes sense.
still, bestowing foodgasm is still better in manga but anime version can bring me the vibe from it.
very good adaptation because I didn't think this episode was just adapting 2 chapter from manga, and THAT FLYING CUTE PETIT BEAR LOL

for anime watchers, Something very GOOD and HYPE will happen next week, just stay tune!

very enjoyable episodes

9/10
just spoil me already please :D
May 13, 2018 12:54 PM

Apr 2018
1 the twins are cute af
2 erina cute as always in the after credit
3 fak best girl nakiri ,misako and meat girl (which r also in my top 5 best grills in food wars ,with nakiri being better than meat grill of course) got expelled
4 better ep than the last 2 to be honest 3.75-4/5
5 really didn't expect nakiri ,hisako and fish dude to lose to be honest i did expect the others to lose tho
6 wish they will show us their matches
7 nakiri looked hot and cute af even when she was losing lol
May 13, 2018 1:09 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
JayCray21 said:
YOOOOOOO, they just expelled half the main cast and I aint even get to see it see it. How am I ever gonna watch Kurokiba's headband mood changes now lol. But does that mean that Aldini and Megumi both beat Rindo, the second seat?

Seems like it.

In other note, still can't see how they just got rid of Alice like that *sigh*
May 13, 2018 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
@Skurd Those matches were skipped in the manga as well, I believe. I don't remember seeing detailed matches of each individual rebel.

@RzN23 Refer to my spoiler above if you'd like.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2018 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
Finally Souma got his long wanting revenge for losing to Hayami twice.
If i remember well next week episode is hype for a certain character coming.
Erina sure rush to Souma as she is so worried of her husband xD
May 13, 2018 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
It took him three attempts, but Yukihira FINALLY gets a well-deserved win over Hayama, although it was still a very close match though.

Not just that, but it also had an amusing narration from Dojima about the Nakiri "Explosion" ability as well as the sexy lingerie shot of Berta and Cilla. =3

Sadly, most of the other members of the resistance have fallen short, including Alice and Kurokiba. To the anime-only viewers, you'll find out in the next episode to see what happened in Megumi and Takumi's match against Rindou. =)

Overall, this was a great episode in terms of pacing and the satisfying conclusion of Yukihira and Hayama's match.
May 13, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2016
Wow what a great episode the second part was so satisfying it even teared my eyes and background music was so beautiful I can't ask for more.

The relationship between Souma and Akira is definitely the best broship in my opinion.
May 13, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
Well, this was indeed pretty intense the ep. like hell. The battle between Souma and Hayama (the imaged fight scene) could've fit in an street-fight anime...

...And Erina, she looked very worried about Souma - there could none me say that between them nothing (in relation/romantical wise) happen will in the future. I just wonder me if there gives an timeskip after the Hokkaido-battle and generally...
May 13, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
So Souma will probably have to challenge an Elite to a shokugeki in order to make them "undo" the expulsions.
May 13, 2018 2:09 PM

Apr 2015
The chest-baring ability of the Nakiri clan has a name... The Explosion XD
And The Gift? Chest-baring impacts outsiders.... It's too funny. But I am not complaining.
Cause this is some nice looking underwear !! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all honesty, I thought Souma would have lost again. Hayama looked so confident in his dish and the way the judges were talking about his dish, made it seem to me that Souma lost. But I forgot, that they actually didn't taste Souma's dish with the sauce.

Way to go Souma!! You finally won against Hayama.

I feel sorry for Hayama though, eventho he worked hard to try and beat Souma in this match, it wasn't the same for him without Jun being there for him. Jun in the end showing up and giving Hayama some encouragement was really sweet.

Oh dear.... that post credit scene.
CeddyyBearrMay 13, 2018 2:13 PM
May 13, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
LMAO an anime version of Infinity War's ending

May 13, 2018 2:47 PM

Nov 2017
It was quite predictable that Sōma wins but in the end, I did not expect that almost I did not expect that almost everyone gets screwed.
May 13, 2018 2:52 PM
May 2016
tbh I'm really losing the hype for this show. The chapter was ok for me, although a little boring in the sense that we all knew what was gonna happen. The massive expulsions were unexpected tho, so maybe there's something we can expect from that.

We'll see if the show picks up, although I don't really expect it to.
May 13, 2018 3:12 PM

Jan 2016
Still cracks me up how the author made a whole legend about the clothes stripping and how it's techniques has been passed down the Nakiri family for generations.

Shokugeki no Soma lore Y'all

May 13, 2018 4:00 PM
Jan 2018
Soma converting people left and right!!
May 13, 2018 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
Apart from the ending expulsion twist this was extremely boring episode. Really, there was nothing else but judging of those two dishes.

Still, I wonder whether this expulsion is final, we all know something like that would happen eventually but now I'm really curious how he deals with it and if they manage to revert this decision to throw them out.
May 13, 2018 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Liked the analogy of Souma's cannon vs Hayama's fortress. Lol that chest baring ability in the Nakiris. Souma finally got his long awaited revenge against Hayama and won the match.
Very cute scene of worried Erina rushing to see Souma's alright.

Sadly, things are not looking good for the rebels as most of them just got expelled by the Elite 10. I was surprised to see even Alice and Ryou got eliminated that easily.

Credit to Hihanteki
May 13, 2018 4:37 PM

May 2015
Just as soon as I was going to type: hope Akira & Jun research doesn’t get scraped and then bang! He is expelled… Damn!
May 13, 2018 4:46 PM

Jun 2015
Skurd said:
To anyone reading the manga. All those who got eliminated. Did that match appear in the manga? Or just skipped over like here?

Personally I wish show had more food competition and less drama around everything.

Nope, they were all skipped. If we got matches for every single person, this would be an entire season worth- and it wouldn't be a pleasant one cause pretty much almost everyone lost.
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
May 13, 2018 5:51 PM

Nov 2015
Maybe the best ep so far. Seeing Akira's redemption gave me a smile. And wow that post credits scene, i'm guessing this is when things more personal.

Katsura janai, Zura da

May 13, 2018 6:21 PM

Apr 2016
another good episode!
tearing people's clothes of with your will power LOL thats the kind of silliness I come to expect from Food Wars I love it!
but ohhhhhhh SH*T what are they gonna do now??
May 13, 2018 6:42 PM

Jan 2016
It was quite tied but I find the result to be ridiculously stomping for Hayama, even if he had won twice against Souma. Like a slap to the face for being "blind" xD What I did not expect was the expulsion of the others :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2018

135 by aod-kun »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.