Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Despite everything that happened so far in this series, it looks like Sakura is still able to maintain her charming self this episode. We even got her cooking happily with Akiho in home econ class. Sure didn't take long for strange events to break out again.

The Sakura and Syaoran chemistry is still there as usual. Tomoyo seems to be always trying to capture their best moments lol

Not going to lie, the part with the talking white rabbit was interesting. Expected but still interesting to see.
Stark700May 5, 2018 7:29 PM
May 5, 2018 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
That certainly was a very interesting episode.

Sakura says she knows the person in the hood from her dream, it does seem likely for it to be Akiho but let's see.
Nice to Rika-chan again. :)

So the little white rabbit finally speaks.

You gotta admit, the rolls were kind cute when they were harmlessly going in circles. Real shame they had to turn into some huge roll monster.

So the card that was behind this week's events is called 'The Appear', strange name and even the phenomenon it was causing. I'm not sure what exactly it's ability is.
Cute Sakura x Li moment. <3

Some really interesting stuff to close out the episode, Is Kaito trying to save Akiho from something more specifically the Alice book? Is that why he needs these new cards? To stop whatever the outcome of that book is?
May 5, 2018 8:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Is Kaito trying to save Akiho from something more specifically the Alice book?
Good antagonist have bad intentions for good reasons. He's made this story very interesting so far.
May 5, 2018 9:08 PM
Sep 2008
gooooossshshhhh the second part of the episode was so on edge!!! im sure those cards will turn to sakura cards as well making kaito's plan or whatever go to waste.
i think that he just dont want akiho to use magic and he tries to stop it.. maybe they come from this alice book as we know in the clamp universe they can travel worlds as it was in tsubasa and kobato as well the future CCS world shown in tsubasa XD

the scene with sakura and Li is the same as in tsubasa with sakura and Li....
ahhh so many clues points to the omnious future that waws predicted in tsubasa about the CCS CC
May 5, 2018 9:38 PM

Sep 2010
Momo finally spoke! That was major progress for me. XD

There's more questions that popped up this episode. I'm so confused, I don't know what to think of anymore. I hope everything is wrapped up whenever the series ends. It's not a guarantee that the anime will end at 22 episodes until I watch all of them.

The real question is "What did Sakura's and Tomoyo's rolled cakes look like?" I want to know~

Sakura and Li's moment was super cute~

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
May 5, 2018 9:59 PM

Apr 2016
THE BUNNY FINALLY TALKED!!
Kaito is the most interesting of the new characters in Clear Card, his plot part is the one I'm most interested in
May 5, 2018 10:38 PM
Mar 2015
Now I've been thinking... As far as this story goes from the very beginning, this show has never shown any true antagonist so far... All previous antagonists in the past have always turned out to be a good people for Sakura.. So, I think I kinda guess that Kaito isn't that kinda bad person afterall
May 5, 2018 11:06 PM

Jul 2017
A very mediocre episode in my opinion until that ending, which looks pretty interesting actually. And the bunny finally talked!
May 6, 2018 12:01 AM
Nov 2011
nenchuu said:
I'm currently rewatching the original series and Rika is the only one in the cast who sounds much different. Is it the same actress? ETA: Just checked and Rika's original actress passed away... sad to find that out.

As I know Rika's new seiyuu is the same as Hatsune Miku.
May 6, 2018 12:31 AM

Dec 2016
Ouch that was a nasty fall out of bed, she seemed to know who that was but then forget, that's a colossal dragon/creature with the mysterious person.

Ah it's Rika, been a long time since we have seen her, she sound a lot more mature.

Oh Now Sakura has a Alice in Wonderland Book.

I agree with Tomoyo, that was indeed a magnificent run.

Wow they look very nice, I don't really eat much sweet but looking at them makes me want to have some, not sure how I would decorate mine.

It's alive, I was wondering when Momo would finally talk, I'm very worried about what Momo and Kaito are talking about.

Ah the good old put everyone to sleep trick, works every time.

They don't seem to be doing much harm... 1 second later they bare their fangs lol.

Very good move using the spiral card like that, managed to do the job.

Not the 1st time home ec has had problems like that, The Sweet card in the original series made things hard for Sakura.

Nice moment there between Sakura & Syaoran, both Kero & Tomoyo got great footage of it.

The ending really has me worried, what happens once the book is finished, and does Kaito need the power of the cards to save Akiho from something?
May 6, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2016
Precious cinnamon rolls make rolls and other things.

Hey, Spiral did something, nice.

THE BUNNY TALKED ASDADADDDAFDAS

Heh, 'D' magic.

Did someone say 『T H E W O R L D』 ? Okay, yeah, not everything is a JoJo reference, this isn't 2016.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
May 6, 2018 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Momo talked about "D" magic, oh my~

It seems like the show is getting close to the end, just a few more episodes left, the climax must be starting soon!
May 6, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2016
The animation quality of this episode really dropped, but I can forgive that. This episode was probably made in a hurry.
The 'D' in Kaito's name reminds me of Fai D Fluorite. He was also quite a strong magician.
The time stopping thing makes me think of Yuuko. Clow Reed stopped Yuuko's time, and regretted being the strongest wizard. Wonder if this is somehow connected. (Although, I have not seen CCS making connections to other CLAMP series.)
May 6, 2018 6:49 AM
Jun 2017
Momo can talk, Keri can talk... maybe all cute stuff bears can talk... hahaha...
anyways is kaito an enemy in this series? im so interested in what he is really in this show? and why does they need those clear cards? hmmmm!!!! lets see...
May 6, 2018 7:15 AM

Feb 2009
I agree the animation did seem off compared to the previous epds. Momo talks!
May 6, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2016
Just found out that Rika's original voice actress passed away from cancer. :(

RIP
May 6, 2018 11:38 AM
Mar 2015
The bunny speaks. Clearly Kaito is making the cards for Akiho Sakura knows who is behind this when she is asleep but can't remember when she wakes up Nice Syaoran/Sakura time
May 6, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
The white rabbit finally moved and spoke!
May 6, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2011
GOTTA GO FAST
My girl is late even when she's not late, amazing.

And off she goes to meet with the controversial friend. Clamp won't let me leave this behind.

I wasn't the only one who noticed that there was some costs cut here and there for this episode, the chibi faces were okay, but when the QUALITY striked it was very noticeable.
There's much worse out there so I try not to be bothered.

It was funny to see the girls wanting to do such complicated patterns in the cake. This is some shokugeki level of expertise. The Kero "sad reacts only" face made me giggle, that's so silly. Not so silly as monster cake, of course. Yeah, it reminded me of the jump card episode but without being defeated in a super silly way.

Syaoran arrives five minutes late with lots of love to offer so he's forgiven haha. Keep on being cute.

Momo finally decided to move and idk what to think about her. seemed pretty chill for now. Seeing a little rabbit talk about D magic is kinda disturbing tho.
Now, how old is Kaito again? His interactions with Akiho are really... weird. Kinda ircs me.

The plot starts to kick in at the end and I'm not gonna theorize anything =)

Baby, daijobanai...
May 6, 2018 1:18 PM
Nov 2011
This is definitely the most cartoonish episode counting Sakura running, the chibi cooking and that swiss roll monster that looked like taken from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The positive thing is that this must be the scariest card so far that almost eats Sakura, also momo finally woke up and it's really clear that Kaito and Momo are using Akiho as a lure to attract Sakura and she hasn't realized yet.
May 6, 2018 4:16 PM

Apr 2009
Is Kaito really the bad guy here? He seems like one because he's manipulating things from behind the scene, but based on the last conversation I feel like he has a really good reason for doing all the things he's doing. I mean, for such a powerful magician, why is he being so secretive and why is he taking advantage of Sakura to collect the cards for him? It sounds like someone of his caliber could do things on his own, instead of lying and hiding things while making a Jr. High magical girl to unknowingly do his bidding.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
May 6, 2018 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
When my hopes of seeing Rika again in the series were vanishing (even more since I discovered her VA passed away), she suddenly appears. As I have been saying since I don't know how many episodes, she is one of my favourite side characters from the first series. So it was really nice to see her again... unfortunately just for around 3 minutes or so but it's fine.

That aside, I liked this episode. The "new card appearing - new card being sealed" formula repeats but we could know more about Kaito and some little information about what his intentions are.

Oh! and yeah, Momo finally spoke. Now I'm feeling a little curious about how her true form would looks like... considering her being like Kero and Spinel.

P.S.: I found The Appear Card's design quite good. Well... being honest, the women-like cards are really the ones I like the most because of their look.

P.S. II: I'd have liked to see Sakura giving the rolls she made to Shaoran as an extra scene or something but oh well.
SouthRzVaMay 9, 2018 4:22 PM
May 6, 2018 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Sheesh, never expected a Roll Cake to look so... frightening. That was really something. On a side note here, I'm starting to think Kaito's reason for seeming so evil may not be that bad after all. Maybe there trying to save Akiho or something from something?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 6, 2018 10:01 PM
Jun 2011
DuoraDoll said:
Sheesh, never expected a Roll Cake to look so... frightening. That was really something. On a side note here, I'm starting to think Kaito's reason for seeming so evil may not be that bad after all. Maybe there trying to save Akiho or something from something?
based on what they said in the end they try to save her from how the story of the book will end
May 7, 2018 1:37 PM
Dec 2012
Seriously, these kids are way too good at baking. Realistically, these cakes should come out looking like the stuff from Nailed It.
May 9, 2018 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
This time its a flying huge ass roll cake monster!
I'm now really having doubts that Akiho & Kaito is related to that dream of Sakura...
haha nice the counterpart of keroberos finally talked! that little white rabbit...
4/5.
matias067May 9, 2018 1:17 AM

May 9, 2018 5:27 AM
Apr 2018
The roll cakes were so beautiful! I Wanted to eat them! I was surprised when Momo talked because I really thought that she was a toy xD
By the way the flight card is my preferred, because it's Sakura's friend ♥
May 9, 2018 6:21 AM
Jul 2017
É bom mas ser episódico sinceramente mata comigo...
May 9, 2018 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
CLAMP seems to have a thing about stopping time lately

Side note is this the first time in this series that the characters' hands were drawn this poorly? What are fingers?
May 9, 2018 9:03 AM

Apr 2018
Very interesting episode! The little white rabbit (Momo) finally talked and the rolls were super cute until they rurned into monsters. Can't wait to see the next episode!
May 14, 2018 1:42 PM

Nov 2015
I always found interesting that Rika go to the same school as Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth. Good cameo.

It's so weird her dub also. Everyone having childish voices and she speak like a highschool girl. Puberty really went early on her.
May 16, 2018 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
Alright let's get to the showdown already.
May 23, 2018 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
That roll cake monster must have taken the budget for this episode.

I don't understand Kaito, it looked like he actually enjoys his time with Akiho. I thought he was going to rewind the time so that he wouldn't laugh or something, but.. was he just looking at what Sakura's dream had been? Weird.
Jun 28, 2019 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
well ..the story is slowly coming together
Jun 8, 2021 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
That giant roll cake was scary!

I believe that Kaito may be good, but it's still too early to tell. We heard Momo speak, and it's hard to believe that she can stay still for all that time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.