Forum Settings
Forums

Is there really an anime better than Clannad?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 4, 2018 10:11 AM
Jul 2012
Lol I find Clannad After Story to be one of the worse anime i've ever watched so many plot holes. But anyways good luck finding something that you find better.
May 4, 2018 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
Question, have you seen it more than once? Sometimes your opinion changes after multiple viewings.
May 4, 2018 10:24 AM

May 2016
I wonder how it feels, liking Clannad...
All these people claim After Story made them cry. I love shows that make me cry, they remind me that I have feelings.

I've seen the show. I felt annoyed and bored.

I'm jealous of your feelings, OP.
May 4, 2018 10:27 AM

Oct 2015
YayaChibi said:
Jojo
Nothing is better than jojo lmao lol
I shall take my leave to spread the word of the lord elsewhere now lmao lol
Can't deny that sister, can't deny that indeed.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 4, 2018 10:28 AM

Aug 2016
Clannad franchise* isn't even the best Kyoto Animation work

*=excludes the movie
May 4, 2018 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Jakerams said:
Lol I find Clannad After Story to be one of the worse anime i've ever watched so many plot holes. But anyways good luck finding something that you find better.

"Plot-holes make anime bad"

It's so sad that people refrain themselves from enjoying stuff because they seek reasons to convince them to not enjoy it. Hey, the show is not going to explain literally everything to you. -_-"
May 4, 2018 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
It really depends on the persons preferences and many other things, for me Golden Time was better than Clannad and Clannad After Story. Many of you (mostly everyone) may disagree but as I have said it depends on that person. BTW I ship Tomoyo and Tomoya :)
May 4, 2018 10:33 AM
Sep 2017
The clickbait is real. Also this is just your opinion which you are entitled to but I strongly believe there are a lot more better anime than Clannad.
May 4, 2018 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
yes, there is. anyone's favorite is better in their opinion.
May 4, 2018 10:35 AM

Dec 2017
It's almost like....and I know I'm gonna sound crazy here...but it's almost like....wow, I'm actually a little scared to say what I'm about to say.....just remember that this might be a bit controversial but try to hear me out...it's almost like different people....have....dif...fer..en..t....o...p..i...n...i..o..n...s?
May 4, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2015
Every single time there is a thread like this, there's people saying that OP just needs to watch better anime. EVERY thread, without fail. I wish they could come up with something better to say, but that's wishful thinking.

OT: I agree. I have not found an anime that I think is better than Clannad yet, and I doubt I ever will.

May 4, 2018 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Every single time there is a thread like this, there's people saying that OP just needs to watch better anime. EVERY thread, without fail. I wish they could come up with something better to say, but that's wishful thinking.

It's just their way to tell OP that they -legitimately- think there're are better anime than the one he/she states as the best one (i.e. not agreeing with him/her). Is there something wrong with that? No, because it's their valid opinion, as well as the ones of those who agree with him. I mean, what do you expect them to always reply?

"I agree. I have not found an anime that I think is better than [insert anime subject of the thread] yet, and I doubt I ever will"?
May 4, 2018 11:22 AM
Dec 2017
The clannad series is my 19th favorite Anime. so IMO their's 18 better anime series than it.
May 4, 2018 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
For me most anime are better. For you maybe not.
:)
May 4, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
I remember me loving Clannad and Clannad: After Story when I was 5 years younger. My taste has changed drastically throughout the years. So I'm planning on rewatching it sooner or later. Oh boy... I hope it won't turn out as trash as many people said it was.
nongcomMay 4, 2018 1:29 PM
May 4, 2018 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
My favorite anime so far is Tokyo Ghoul, and Charlotte.
May 4, 2018 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Considering After Story isn't on the top of my fav section the answer to your question is yes there are series better than Clannad
May 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Sep 2017
I don't know if there is a anime better than Clannad (after all, anime is subjective), but I have other animes that I gave the same score as Clannad (Clannad is one of my favorite animes, I gave Clannad a 10; same with After Story). The other animes I gave a 10 are:

Spirited Away
Serial Experiments Lain
Howl's Moving Castle
Black Jack
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Rainbow
Hunter x Hunter 2011
May 4, 2018 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
It's easier to find anime better than Clannad than to find anime worse than Clannad tbh.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 4, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
degenerate said:
Chibi-Alice said:
If Clannad is your all time top favorite then don't let anyone else tell you other wise.
#favoritesmatter

whats a smatter? never heard of it before. also whats a good smatter u recommend. also what are bad smatters. and okay smatters. pls no trash smatters

Favorites.
But i get where you were going with this. You were trying to be funny but failed miserably.
May 4, 2018 12:40 PM
Jun 2013
Takamura-sama said:
I watched 400+ anime and still Clannad is the best one.

Clannad was the tenth anime I watched and it still is the best one for me.
People told me that ''Once you watch more. Clannad won't seem that great anymore'' but it still is the best anime ever.

Is there really an anime better than Clannad?

It all depends. You make it sound like Clannad is objectively the best anime of all time. It's not, it's just your favorite anime. Just keep searching for anime you might like better, but don't be that guy who acts like his opinion is the norm.

And I say that as a person whose favorite anime is Clannad as well.
May 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Sep 2017
yes, and it's called fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, most anime are better than clannad anal story anyway.
Edward Elric > your waifu

May 4, 2018 12:53 PM
Aug 2016
If you wanted an answer of no, then this thread should be titled "Is there really an anime more boring than Clannad?"
No, there isn't.
May 4, 2018 12:59 PM
Jun 2016
I'm right with you Clannad is still the best. And you have Rin from littlebusters which is my Waifu we seem to have similar opinons.
May 4, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2017
Maison Ikkoku is much better Anime in terms of romance in my opinion.
May 4, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah there is, it's called Clannad After Story
May 4, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2015
are you KIDDING me, the last episode ruined literally everything and made it one of the worst anime of all time. or are you choosing to ignore the last episode?

Dlwuik said:
yes, and it's called fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, most anime are better than clannad anal story anyway.

modern day masterpiece.
May 4, 2018 2:54 PM
Jul 2012
Hrybami said:
Jakerams said:

It's so sad that people refrain themselves from enjoying stuff because they seek reasons to convince them to not enjoy it. Hey, the show is not going to explain literally everything to you. -_-"
No I mean it's riddled with plot holes. I'm looking at it from an anime only perspective. I've read the visual novel and i'm actually a fan of it. The story doesn't make sense.
May 4, 2018 3:25 PM

May 2015
Glenfinnan said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

It's just their way to tell OP that they -legitimately- think there're are better anime than the one he/she states as the best one (i.e. not agreeing with him/her). Is there something wrong with that? No, because it's their valid opinion, as well as the ones of those who agree with him. I mean, what do you expect them to always reply?

"I agree. I have not found an anime that I think is better than [insert anime subject of the thread] yet, and I doubt I ever will"?

My point is, nobody needs to watch "better anime." He can say that Clannad is the best at any point, no matter what or how much he's seen.

May 4, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
I could name 200 easily, but it's cool if you like it that much.
May 4, 2018 3:47 PM

Apr 2018
trigger me timbers.... literally every other anime lol well sounds like you found a show that hits every right spot for you.
May 4, 2018 3:50 PM
Jun 2017
you might have bias on Clannad just because it's one of your first anime
try watching it again, it might not be that good anymore (tho I'd recommend against it)
I'd say there's anime out there that's better, but that's me. Clannad might be your forever #1. But who wouldn't want to watch a better anime than their favorite, so keep searching
May 4, 2018 3:53 PM

Oct 2008
the "better" is subjective, whats good for me might suck for you etc.

Of course there are plenty of "better" anime out there, you yourself haven't found it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
May 4, 2018 3:55 PM
Apr 2018
Ima just leave this here....

( angel beats )
May 4, 2018 4:12 PM

Jun 2015

Rob_bob4 said:
Ima just leave this here....

( angel beats )

angel beats was amazing but not clannad level amazing.

Both are made by the mastepiece studio KEY though :)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 4, 2018 4:13 PM

Jun 2015
Long_Ng said:
you might have bias on Clannad just because it's one of your first anime
try watching it again, it might not be that good anymore (tho I'd recommend against it)
I'd say there's anime out there that's better, but that's me. Clannad might be your forever #1. But who wouldn't want to watch a better anime than their favorite, so keep searching

Rewatched like 4 times XD

it still is amazing lol each time i play the vn and watch the anime
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 4, 2018 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
Jakerams said:
Hrybami said:

No I mean it's riddled with plot holes. I'm looking at it from an anime only perspective. I've read the visual novel and i'm actually a fan of it. The story doesn't make sense.

Oh I see, I thought you were another Key hater trying to seek some flaws just for the sake of feeling special.
May 4, 2018 4:45 PM

Oct 2014
Ojamajo doremi says hello, and goodbye
May 4, 2018 4:59 PM

May 2015
When they make a reboot of the series, with smaller eyes characters, I'll maybe watch it.
May 4, 2018 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
To each his own. I've watched 2,087 anime and thought 534 of them were better than Clannad (I gave it 8 though so it's not like it's bad).
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 4, 2018 5:23 PM

Jun 2016
well im gonna assume youre talking about clannad after story cause clannad s1 was borderline ass
and I can see that with c a s, but are you also comparing c a s with anime that arent in the same lane as it? like are u comparing it to an action or comedy anime. It seems counter-intuitive if you are.
May 4, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2017
I don't want to be rude to you, but haven't you heard of 'opinions' and 'subjective'? You think Clannad is the best but there are others who definitely think the opposite. Not everyone will think, like or dislike the same thing as you.

About Clannad, I haven't seen Clannad yet but I'm planning to so let's see if it will meet my expectations.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
May 4, 2018 5:26 PM

Aug 2015
Clannad is nothing compared to the masterpiece known as Ousama Game.

Its characters, story, world-building, audiovisual spectacle, and thematic resolution are unrivaled within the garbage medium known as anime.
May 4, 2018 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
TomDay said:
are you KIDDING me, the last episode ruined literally everything and made it one of the worst anime of all time. or are you choosing to ignore the last episode?

Maybe because a lot of people don't mind or like the ending? (I'm not sure what the ending is but this is just a common fact) You hate it and you thought it ruined the anime, but other people think otherwise.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
May 4, 2018 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
no freaking way is Clannad the best anime ever there are so many more anime that are ten times better than that snoozefest.
May 4, 2018 5:36 PM

Aug 2012
I could pose the same question about my favorite anime. Many factors goes to comparing different genres and writing.
May 4, 2018 5:36 PM

Dec 2017
I have Clannad as my favorite anime.
Clannad may be trash to some other people and I get that.
I think there may be a anime better, but I just havent found it yet

i like avocados on toast 
May 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2018
Clannad isn't even a good anime, let alone the best one.
May 4, 2018 5:45 PM

Jan 2018
I mean... the eyes already scare me, and i havent even watched it... so even if it was super good it would still be at best 9/11 for me
May 4, 2018 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
At least a thousand better series and movies.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

17 by 707supremacist »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 14 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
7 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

8 by mshfqtny »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.