Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2018 12:40 PM
Sep 2016
SinnerPoetry said:
Completely diverging from the VN and I like it.

Do I have to point out that Maho is best girl?

No

'cuz Kurisu is :P

Apr 25, 2018 12:43 PM
Sep 2016
This episode was a little calmer than previouses. Geez, i really missed Okabe and Kurisu together and I'm so happy they can talk! Okabe really like it, maybe even too much, as someone said.
Anyway, great episode. I need more!
Apr 25, 2018 12:52 PM

Sep 2007
joe_g7 said:
Holy shit, what was up with that ending. This anime is gonna kill me.
joe_g7 said:
Holy shit, what was up with that ending. This anime is gonna kill me.

Exactly TT_____________________________TT
Apr 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
mohd711 said:
SinnerPoetry said:
Completely diverging from the VN and I like it.

Do I have to point out that Maho is best girl?

No

There is no Kurisu here.

You fell into the trap Maho was pointing out. That's an AI, therefore Maho best girl.
Apr 25, 2018 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Japanese Cat Girl <3

Also there is literally no way they wont show Seargent Cleaner. Last episode showed Maho's messy desktop, Amadeus told Okabe about Maho's room condition and we saw again her desktop. Also Maho & Nae scenes were great.

Also poor Luka as Leskinen acknowledges him as best girl, but it cant be helped as he is indeed a Japanese Shaman Girl.
Apr 25, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2018
Leskinen's engrish is 10/10 as always, also his face after Okabe said "Daga otoko da" is priceless

Happy episode with a christmas party, and then suddenly the PTSD strikes back.

And it looks like Mayuri likes Okabe, but he loves Kurisu.

Also, what does Okabe mean with that he called Kurisu "Chrisitna" becaus ehe couldn't "say it normally"?
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Apr 25, 2018 12:59 PM
Oct 2017
Jeez... What the hell happened in the end?
Apr 25, 2018 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Pentagonion said:
Leskinen's engrish is 10/10 as always, also his face after Okabe said "Daga otoko da" is priceless

Happy episode with a christmas party, and then suddenly the PTSD strikes back.

And it looks like Mayuri likes Okabe, but he loves Kurisu.

Also, what does Okabe mean with that he called Kurisu "Chrisitna" becaus ehe couldn't "say it normally"?

In Japan, using given name indicates a close relationship.

He added "-tina" because saying her name directly is embrassing.
Apr 25, 2018 1:05 PM

May 2016
JAPANESE MAID GIRL? OR CAT GIRL?

Once again, this adaptation proves they know what they're doing XD
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 25, 2018 1:06 PM
Jan 2012
There seems to be a bug with MyAnimeList. I can't rate this anime an 11/10.

Edit: Also, that cliffhanger. Jeeze.
Apr 25, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
Next week should be interesting, I'm very pleased.
Apr 25, 2018 1:12 PM

Jan 2017
Nae thinking Maho was around her own age was priceless.

Leskinen is already showing his love for japanese shaman traps girls.

It's interesting to see how Maho already cares for Okabe in such a short time. It's obvious it's mostly because he knew Kurisu, but I really want to see them grow closer.

Also, Faris talking to Suzuha was pretty interesting too. One of the big differences between the original VN and the 0 VN is that in 0 there are many scenes where Okabe isn't present, and I'm glad it's the same in the anime.
*laughs in Dimple*
Apr 25, 2018 1:13 PM

Oct 2016
Holy crap that ending. I can't fking wait 7 more days. btw when Okabe screams towards the end, his vision starts to get blurry/trippy. Does that mean he's getting mentally fucked up or does it have something to do with timelines switching? Also when he screamed he sounded like the old Okabe. Goddamn, can't wait to see what happens next
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
Apr 25, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2018
Just_Chicken said:

In Japan, using given name indicates a close relationship.

He added "-tina" because saying her name directly is embrassing.

Aaahh yes, I had forgot about that detail of Japanese culture, the subs had confused me.
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Apr 25, 2018 1:32 PM

Sep 2017
nice episode.

" He is dude " make me laugh

what happened to end ?? i feel bad for okabe :(

damn, kurisu is dead again.

5/5
Apr 25, 2018 1:34 PM

Jun 2013
Here we go again T-T, it's easy to forget kurisu is not there anymore
SinnerPoetry said:
mohd711 said:

No

There is no Kurisu here.

You fell into the trap Maho was pointing out. That's an AI, therefore Maho best girl.

Sadly Amadeus is still btter than maho
Apr 25, 2018 1:38 PM

Dec 2017
Ayy lmao Daga otoko da.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
did she just trigger his ptsd or some shit
Apr 25, 2018 1:50 PM
Apr 2018
the ending stabbed me
Apr 25, 2018 1:51 PM

Sep 2017
Damn, Okarin is getting some serious PTSD flashbacks right at the end.

I'm really liking the character exploration of Okabe that this series is doing, and its whole "dealing with loss" theme. I'm just waiting untill shit unavoidably hits the fan like on the last series, but this first three episodes have been a very good appetizer.
Apr 25, 2018 2:03 PM
Jan 2017
THEY KEPT THE SHAMAN GIRLS MEME AND TRANSFORMED IT INTO JAPANESE MAID GIRL HOW CAN THAT NOT BE A SOLID 10/10?
Apr 25, 2018 2:06 PM
Mar 2017
man 3 episodes in and im already crushed
Apr 25, 2018 2:11 PM

Oct 2017
Dark-Scorpion said:
SinnerPoetry said:

There is no Kurisu here.

nope. I love Kurisu but in zero Maho dominates
Apr 25, 2018 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
Maho......in a Santa dress. I think I've found perfection! My life is now complete. =3

And not to forget, Nae was wearing a similar dress to Maho and she looked cute in hers as well, although Leskinen definitely had a lot of fun taking a lot of pictures of the two. ^_^

But there's no denying how this show can make you go from happy to downright depressing so easily. Okabe's interactions with Amadeus Kurisu was really enjoyable, but it still carried a tinge of sadness everytime with it. Their rooftop conversation was a prime example of that and Maho forcibly reminded him about her being dead, which with Okabe's fragile mental well-being, he broke down, the poor guy. D=

Like I said before, I'm still playing the VN and have still have some ways to go before I achieve all endings, so playing the VN and watching the anime at the same time, for me, will be double the entertainment and also the suffering as well.

Overall, my most anticipated show this year is still exceeding my expectations. =D
Apr 25, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
Nooooo Kurisu isn't dead, I'm not listening!

The comedic timing of the "daga otoko da" with the microwave ding was just perfect.
I need sleep.
Apr 25, 2018 2:28 PM
Jun 2016
Farabeuf said:
Man these episodes blow by so fast. I feel like I just need to see what happens next, NOW.

This sequel does such an excellent job of managing to straddle from the light comedic scene to the tragic all the while preserving the sense of dread, that bad things could happen any moment. Love it.

I lol'ed big time when the professor fell for the trap. Classic.

the best part was the embarrassed look he had afterwards and how he couldn't look at her.
Apr 25, 2018 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
I really liked the episode. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 25, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2014
Great episode, the ending was really powerful.
Apr 25, 2018 2:47 PM
Mar 2013
My favorite part of the episode just had to be when a lulled Rinataro gets his phone, Amadeus, pulled from his grasps by the end. It was basically a reenactment of what literally happened to him and also us. My heart couldn't be more broken.
Apr 25, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Stop that Okabe, it hurts q_q

It's easy to fool yourself into thinking that Kurisu is alive when an AI is representing her personality like this, but this delusion is going to end with him unless he stops, Mayuri is also going through an awful time with Okabe like this.
Apr 25, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
The suffering continues...

and i don't mean Okarin, but me waiting week by week ;_;
Apr 25, 2018 3:05 PM

Mar 2016
I wonder what Mayuri heard. If it was just Okabe takling to the wind or Kurisu too... Hmmm...

Maho did warn him that it was easy to be fooled by Kurisu CGI because she isn't exactly an AI and she's right on that aspect.
After those flashback I wonder what wait Okabe ahead. This show seems to be very happy for my taste. Well, Steins;Gate did begin this way too.
Apr 25, 2018 3:12 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Okabe is getting deluded by an AI. It hurts to watch. ;__; I'm still not sure if Mayuri did hear Kurisu's voice from the phone or not, just like from a previous episode. Even Mayuri feels hurt seeing Okabe like this. :(
Apr 25, 2018 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
So when is Leskinen going to get his own spin-off show
Apr 25, 2018 3:36 PM

Jan 2013
managMent said:
「だが 男だ。」

CLASSIC

This chapters seem like they only last for 5 minutes to me. And now I have to wait another week?
Apr 25, 2018 3:45 PM

Sep 2015
Dark-Scorpion said:
SinnerPoetry said:

There is no Kurisu here.

Doesn't qualify as a girl tho bc Amadeus is a machine :p
Apr 25, 2018 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
An okay episode. The ending was particularly interesting. Although, this is pretty early on in the story and rather slow and boring like with the VN. 7/10 for me right now.
Apr 25, 2018 3:50 PM

Dec 2007
Such a beautiful and polished episode. It was even better than the VN's direction.

Also, the OP and ED lyrics are magnificent.
JoksPacifist said:
So when is Leskinen going to get his own spin-off show

Yes please. J'paneze late night shaman girls game show special.
DeadIEndApr 25, 2018 3:55 PM
Apr 25, 2018 4:14 PM
Apr 2018
SG0 deserves many different viewpoints (at least Maho/Mayuri/Suzuha), 'cause this story is decentralised. And this Okabe is too weak, so his viewpoint is optional now. He's not the only one went through a lot of shit, but the only one who resigned. I can imagine Suzuha/Mayuri/Maho acting decisively but not him. Without Hououin Kyouma component he's just invalid "normie", not the hero or protagonist as in SG. Delusive, easily trapped... while the world is cracking'n breaking.

It's an interesting point that we're in the West praising obvious and revealed heroes (as Okakuri for sure), the japanese prefer hidden invisible heroes (all that hidden stuff they call 幽玄 (yuugen)). Due to this SG0 is even more authentic than original one. There're no prizes for Mayuri/Suzuha/Maho at the end but they will do all possible and impossible for Okabe to win and save the world. Let's go girls!
Aindriu94Apr 25, 2018 4:20 PM
Apr 25, 2018 4:15 PM
Oct 2017
RHYZED said:
Good episode, compared to the VN extremely fast paced.

Is there a thread for all the Leski-memes yet? After this ep. there should be a few :D

/r/JapaneseShamanGirls, if that helps
Apr 25, 2018 4:17 PM

Oct 2017
OH BOY THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN DID IT AGAIN
im trying my best to stop being a weeb ok dont judge me
Apr 25, 2018 4:27 PM

May 2016
That ending was so damn hard for me, Oh Kurisu T^T
Apr 25, 2018 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
Ohoho the professor is trapped by Ruka.

Oh boi, that Mayushii, is she jealous or what when she is overheard Rintarou. Well, Rintarou almost trapped too with the delusion of Amadeus TwT
Apr 25, 2018 4:45 PM
Feb 2018
Why the hell did they make that American scientist look like a lech?. Its like they're saying that all American guys are perverts who only think about sexy girls.

Anyway, tsundere Amadeus is so cute. And here comes the mental breakdown.

Apr 25, 2018 4:52 PM

Mar 2016
RyuukiBeat said:
Ohoho the professor is trapped by Ruka.

Oh boi, that Mayushii, is she jealous or what when she is overheard Rintarou. Well, Rintarou almost trapped too with the delusion of Amadeus TwT

I don't think Mayuri is the type to get jealous. I don't know how much she heard or if she recognized Kurisu's voice, but she's always been very perceptive, and I'm sure that even now she must have some sense of what's going on even without knowing the specifics, and it's Okabe's self-delusion that's making her sad IMO.
Apr 25, 2018 5:19 PM
Jan 2017
Okabe gets more acquainted with the virtual Kurisu while Mayuri organizes a Christmas party for her friends. The friendship moments between the characters are excellent and hilarious to see, as well as that scene between Okabe and Maho in the end. When he begins seeing the virtual Kurisu as the original Kurisu, Maho is pulls him back into reality. Still, that confrontation might help set a bigger plot in motion.
Apr 25, 2018 5:22 PM
a car

Jun 2017
Now that we're three episodes in, I have to point something out. You know how most people think that regular S;G started off really slow (a claim I personally disagree with)? I think that S;G 0 is starting off even slower so far, and if it wasn't riding in on the first class car of a hype train, people'd be more angry with it.

They changed some things around from the VN, which isn't bad in of itself, but I feel like the way things were originally, made it more intriguing early on. There's a lot that we'd know by now if it was the VN, and when that stuff comes into play in the anime it might feel forced without the proper build-up. Still not a terrible show, but it's walking on eggshells for sure.

7th-Archangel said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Apr 25, 2018 5:27 PM

Dec 2015
I dont know but i like the christmast party better at the VN
That rooftop scene where maho grabbed the phone is new, and moving worldline already or ?
Apr 25, 2018 5:39 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. I like how Mayuri makes costumes for everyone since its almost Christmas time and has a party for Suzu as well to cheer her up. I feel bad for Okabe since he's really treating Amadeus like if it really was Kurisu. Also the professor calling Ruka sexy was pure comedy gold I tell you.

Am very excited for the next episode.
Apr 25, 2018 5:44 PM

Apr 2016
I definitely got the feels at the end ;.;
I had a feeling Okabe would get attached to Amadeus, but realize its not the same as having the real Kurisu back. its also interesting that Amadeus is actually showing signs of affection to Okabe, despite being an AI.
also I couldn't stop laughing at the American scientist calling Ruka sexy and Okabe saying "but he's a dude." LOL
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

464 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.