May 2013
GwaziMagnum said:
Gan_water said:
"Hold your poo in for as long as possible before going."

Your post made this immediately pop into my head. xD

Never even had thoughts like that until I went on MAL lol
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 18, 2018 11:37 PM

Mar 2016
Tsuchisa said:
Hanako_San1992 said:

I'm sorry if what i would say to younger self reminded you of something sad.

Know back when i was in public school the main reason i never worn my hearing aids was cause was bullied about them as well as my speech problem.
(I was Born Hard of Hearing with speech problem.)
It's messed up that children and even teenagers see other children or Teenagers wearing hearing aids and think of them as less of person then they are just cause they can't hear as good.
The person can't help they are like that but are seen as different and not normal so they are bullied cause of it.
It was not till i gone to school for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students i learned that stuff is normal and don't change who the person is.
It's sad so many children and teenagers fail to understand that.
Kind of stupid but even when gone to school for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students i stillr refused to wear Hearing Aids, it was not till my hearing got worse that i started wearing them as a adult.

The main reason why my life was hell was..
I was took away from my Real Father thanks to my Mother who won custody battle when was little then moved me half away across the earth from my Father...
Only for my Mother to Abandoned me with man who abused, raped and try to beat me to death when was around ten years old.
I was in Coma for almost month and in Hospital for almost year, it was my Grandparents who adopted my older half sister and me.
Spent few years seeing Doctors and Therapists about stuff, around that time i started learning sign language.
Was over time in my later teenager years besides some health problems i got back in touch with my real Father and over time moved back to Japan.
From my childhood to my late teenager years... nothing was easy but i refused to give up.

You are amazing Hanako-san. It'd be better if I say this in japanese but I am terrible at writing since I moved here in the Canada when I was nine. That divorce thing, I can truly empathize with that. No, actually, I am still going through it. I can't wait to be free from it, honestly.

It must've been hard for you to type that down with memories flashing back to you, but even so, you did it. Thank you and I am sorry you had to remember that.

^.^

I'm not amazing, I'm just normal person who had hard life starting out is all.
It's fine, I'm better at English then Japanese since lived in the U.S. for good part of my life...
If with my Hard of Hearing or Deaf friends however, we all talk in JSL. (Japanese sign langauge)
When it happen with my Father and Mother i was to young to understand any of it.
Do hope everything works out for you however.

Why writing it there was some bad memories that came back in my head but i learn how to push most of them away.
Took me many years just to get over the PTSD from lots that stuff but i did for the most part so can talk about them now as adult and they don't effect me like they use to back then.

Old sweet memory that came back was when was teenager i gone to summer program for marine biology in Florida why visiting for the summer.
(My older half sister and me was visiting her Grandparents when they lived in Florida.)
The other Teenagers there avoided or made fun of me about my hearing and speech... All but this Hard of Hearing Hispanic boy.
He was the only person who became my friend at that summer program, recall i forgot my lunch one day and he shared half his lunch with me.
That whole summer program it was just both of us always with each other, Me being Asian and him being Hispanic...
We just understood each other so well both us being Hard of Hearing and using ASL American sign langauge to mainly talk.
At the end of the six week program we was the only two who won the team work award. lol

Why also recall we both got into some trouble cause are instructor was asshole who did not understand what Hard of Hearing meant.
The whole class was out of the boat studying coral reef when some Baby shark swim by so everybody swim back to the boat cause the instructor said something?
We not hear what was said, just looked at each other confused and talked with each other in sign langauge trying to find out what was going on why the Baby shark just swim by and we both just looked at it no fucks given. lol
When we got back why we got into trouble for not listening to the instructor... (We not hear them) However the instructor got into big trouble for not Having all the students on the boat before they get on the boat and not understanding that we are both Hard of hearing so it was harder for us to hear them if they was not right in front of us talking loud so we can hear them or tapping us on the shoulder to get are attention.

Not like the summer program can really turn both of us away and say we where not allowed to attend it... if they did that would have been seen as discrimination on multiple accounts.
I was like the only Asian there, that boy was like the only Hispanic person there and we both Hard of hearing.
Yeah, that would have been hell for that summer program if they did.
Hanako_San1992Apr 18, 2018 11:53 PM

Apr 18, 2018 11:54 PM

Mar 2016
Tsuchisa said:
@Hanako_San1992

You live in Osaka?! I used to live there~!!

Yes, my Father and his side of family lives in Hyogo but i found my place in Osaka.

Apr 19, 2018 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
Tsuchisa said:
That's nice. It's a good place after all...

The people are nice and funny, the food is lovely and Osaka has just about anything person can want. ^_^
(I don't care much for the Osaka nightlife however.)

Apr 19, 2018 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
Just do the opposite of what you think is the right thing to do.
Apr 19, 2018 12:15 AM

Mar 2016
Tsuchisa said:

The food is the best. (Well, Hokkaido was also great) I also really do not know about nightlife because, well...I was just in junior high lol

Have noticed over time...
Osaka is like comfort make you happy food anybody can love.
Kyoto is like fancy enjoy the art and culture of the food.
Hyogo is like It's food, just eat it.
Hiroshima is like Yes, we have food that is WWII themed and most are city has dark history but enjoy your food and stay.
(Why in Hiroshima i once ate at place that had what was called "Yamato curry".)
Yes Hiroshima we know you build the IJN Yamato at Kure. XD

Don't worry about the nightlife is mostly just bars and clubs that i have seen.
Hanako_San1992Apr 19, 2018 12:19 AM

Apr 19, 2018 12:30 AM

Mar 2016
Tsuchisa said:

I wish I am a little bit older so that when I go back, well ofc I'd spend a little time eating and reconnecting in Osaka but I want to try to go to Tokyo and visit Akihabara.
I regret only discovering anime when I was 11 :(

Got into anime younger then me, i not till was around 13 or 14.

Why i have been back in Japan for long time now, i still never gone Tokyo once, if ever did i just visit Aokigahara and maybe Akihabara...
Guess main reason not care much for Akihabara is Osaka has it's own kind of place like that being DenDen Town.

Apr 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Mar 2012
To my 0 year old self:
"Don't be born to these shitty people!"

To my 2 year old self:
"Tell your parents that you don't want any siblings, you'll have to suffer a lot if you get one"

To my 8 year old self:
"Don't go to your uncle's funeral with your father, you mother is going to accuse and blame you of being the reincarnation of your dead grandmother whom she hated for the rest of eternity"

To my 10 year old self:
"Be careful with your dog and don't let him go outside, he's going to be beaten to death with his brain literally coming out of his skull"

To my 14 year old self:
"Be careful with your pet rooster, he's going to be stolen and eaten up"

To my 15 year old self:
"Don't ever get involved with Kyo Kara Maoh fandom even by mistake, run away as soon as any fujo makes any contact with you. That fandom is cancer in it's purest form"
"You'll get the subject of your choice so study for the main exams instead of arguing with your parents"
"Youtube is a better teacher than your college professors"

To my 18 year old self:
"Don't mess with that bitch of a sister, your parents are going to do all sorts of rubbish with you and leave you with no escape"
*passes on some secret info*
Apr 19, 2018 3:12 AM
Aug 2016
I would say something like this ''Follow your dreams'', ''Love yourself'', ''Avoid toxic people, they are nothing but trouble'' , ''Learn to be more selfish'' , ''Do only what you like'' and more of this stuff that'll help he/me to become a greater person.
Apr 19, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
"Keep going that way, young'un. You'll develop into a fine man.''
Apr 19, 2018 11:30 AM

Nov 2017
for some reason I'd bully the shit out of my younger self if I knew it was me.

plz @ me
Apr 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
Lunatic-Party said:
Just a couple of things:
- "Psst, hey kiddo, you want some drugs? Go get me a spoon."
- "Don't go into that room. You will regret it."
- "Oh, so you feel bad now? This won't undo what you did though."
- "Crying won't solve your problem, idiot. Actually doing something about it? That will."
Those feel quite specific. The Question is, whether your younger Self can even understand it and I highly doubt that one would automatically behave as told. In the End, the only possible Use it could have is to come to Terms with your own Past.

Nonetheless, the actual Purpose of this whole Thread seems to be to display some Self-Reflection and well, I would just try to convey to my past Self that he has to live with the Decision he makes and that the Earth will continue to spin around, no Matter what he does or does not.
Apr 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
-Read more books instead of playing video games.
-Don't make an account in myanimelist.net
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 19, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2017
I'd say to myself chill out and worry a little less about everything.
Apr 19, 2018 6:15 PM

Feb 2018
don't ever watch any sexual content
Apr 19, 2018 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
ive reached the point where it has affected my health, so "stop fapping u fucking retard".
Apr 19, 2018 10:18 PM

Apr 2014
"dont watch this shit called anime"
Apr 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Jan 2018
Hmm... I think I'd say something like: “Set yourself a goal in life, and don't ever give up on it, no matter how bad things get. Try to be the best you can be every single day.”

==Luminouslyiii==

"The morning no longer comes."
Apr 20, 2018 1:05 AM

Mar 2018
"BISH CALM DOWN AND FOCUS ON ONE THING IN LIFE"
Apr 20, 2018 1:21 AM

Apr 2014
"invest in bitcoin then sell when it becomes a normie meme."
Apr 20, 2018 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
i would tell him to not go to college as it will only put you in dept before you even have enough funds to finish and instead to start up writing.

student loans are evil.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 20, 2018 2:31 AM

Jan 2018
I'd tell myself to enjoy my days and go outside. don't watch disney channel, and go play with your damn friend who likes being with you.
Apr 20, 2018 2:33 AM

Feb 2018
Enjoy your good times, cause you'll need them to be happy around my age, even though it has passed only a few years, ha!

Freaking life

Apr 20, 2018 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
"Don't expect anything positive from other people, you'll just be disappointed."

"try to be independent as soon as possible, don't expect help from people since they are usually two-faced shitheads."

"Don't give up on anime, playing video games and your other hobbies regardless of what anyone says or even when you become a adult, because these are the only things that will make you feel happy for a moment in this filthy world and its wrong to expect other people to make you happy."

"Don't trust people too easily or have a positive opinion of them just because they seem nice."

Apr 20, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2015
Probably give some motivational speech that everything will be awesome, and that I shouldn't need to worry too much about the future.

I'd avoid giving myself any advice, because I know I'd be stubborn to listen to it anyway...
Apr 20, 2018 5:40 AM

Mar 2018
Stop masturbating and get a girlfriend already
I'm lonely :(
吃屁股
Apr 20, 2018 6:13 AM

Mar 2018
I would tell them straight up the things they should have known that I do now and create a better life for them than I right here had. It would still be hard cause I still wouldn't be able to drive because of memory problems but at least I wouldn't fall as hard into more I didn't need to.
Apr 20, 2018 10:09 AM
Oct 2014
"You are never wrong and you are never right. Be simple and just keep on living." There is a little more I want to say but that is where I will start.
Apr 20, 2018 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Memes will be your source of energy in the future. Be careful
Apr 20, 2018 10:47 AM

Oct 2015
Nothing. I don't want to disappear or whatever that happens to current you when the past you doesn't make decisions that will later make the current you the way you are. Idk, something like that.
Apr 20, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2018
you're a fucking retard for liking that show
Ueno best girL

Apr 20, 2018 11:36 AM

Aug 2011
I'd give him spoiler how's his future look like now

**☾**
Apr 20, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2017
There is a LOT I regret not knowing sooner, but if I had to keep it brief, I'd say something like this:

"Don't abandon anime just because of DBZ and Naruto. Go watch FMA and TTGL before everyone stops talking about them. Don't get hung up on getting a girlfriend, because being alone is okay and being desperate will only hurt your chances of getting a relationship. Plus trying to make every woman you meet your girlfriend will cause you to lose dozens of friendships. Your first novel is going to suck, but that's okay, because you'll learn to write better from screwing it up the first time. Oh, and also, you're actually a woman. Ikr? Don't tell dad though. Trust me. It won't work out well."
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 20, 2018 1:21 PM

Aug 2017
If I could talk to my younger self I would tell me about COMMUNISM so I could start sooner.
Apr 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2015
You won't find friends through anime for a long time, so don't become a big ass weeb.
woah there
Apr 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
Joseph_Stalin1 said:
If I could talk to my younger self I would tell me about COMMUNISM so I could start sooner.
Is that what you're doing in Syria right now?

Forget Hitler, Stalin is still alive guys!
Apr 20, 2018 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
“Don’t waste so many years pussyfooting around, goddammit!”
Apr 20, 2018 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
"Don't make a league account you retard"
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Apr 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Aug 2017
Lost_Viking said:
Joseph_Stalin1 said:

I swear that isn't me... it's my brother... yeah that's who it is. *sweats*
Apr 20, 2018 3:00 PM

Jun 2016
Joseph_Stalin1 said:
Lost_Viking said:

I swear that isn't me... it's my brother... yeah that's who it is. *sweats*
So that's your 130-140 year old brother? Yeah sure and I'm really Vlad the Impaler. Let me guess, the Soviets cryogenically froze him so he can bring the USSR back if it were to ever collapse, like it did in 1991?

I'm on to a pretty big conspiracy here!
Apr 20, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2018
Stop trying to be friends with popular kids; you belong with the nerds. Accept it.
Apr 20, 2018 6:06 PM

Jul 2017
ayyy i can't believe you lived through all that
anyway suck it kid
told ya.
Apr 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
learn to study and don't be so mean to mom
Apr 20, 2018 8:41 PM

May 2015
Don't stress out over every little detail, life's a lot easier than you think it is.

Try not to leave everything 'til the last minute.

Stop caring about what others think.

Apr 21, 2018 2:27 AM
Jun 2014
I'd say "Please, don't think about studying Japanese studies! Just continue with drawing so that you can become a designer or something like that. I have to clean up your mess now...".

Well, it's because even though I loved my time at university I can't use my knowledge of Japanese for my career anymore (bad experiences in Japan and in Germany you don't have many options to use the language). Also, after that I had started a terrible job training which killed my sanity. >_>

Ah, and stuff like:"Trust me, you will still think that friends are unnecessary. And: congratulations! You will meet the love of your life. :)"
Apr 21, 2018 3:33 AM

Aug 2009
Lift MOAR and stop being so fucking self-conscious. People don't give a fuck about you and the more you think they do the harder life is.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 21, 2018 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
"Surround yourself with the right people and don't give a shit about what your peers think about you. That being said, you should at least put yourself out there and not spend most of your time cooped up in your room doing jack shit."
Take care of yourself

Apr 21, 2018 4:40 AM

Sep 2017
"I just found out. Nothing is real dude. You can kill yourself now."

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 21, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2017
"Don't tell anyone about your sexual fantasies, and don't fall obsessively in love with anyone. You will regret it, my dude."
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
27 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.