Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2018 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Akeno is not holding back her intentions at all towards Issei. Even Koneko is getting more bold!

The OP theme song is alright (my personal favorite is still the second season's). It looks like we got Issei using his red dragon armor again to improve his abilities. The action actually surprised me a bit. I thought it would be a disaster but it turned out to work.

Plenty of time for Issei to improve this season. And plenty of time for Akeno to seduce him Kyoto here we come~
Stark700Apr 17, 2018 9:59 AM
Apr 17, 2018 8:12 AM
Aug 2016
Where did you find episode 1 ??
Apr 17, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
Ooh that dude is a beast. That kiss scene!

The episode starts with a lot of harem fan service (I liked koneko scene though). Later it's got into plenty of great action, visually it was great and definitely had me on the edge of my sit.

I don't like the opening too much, it has a bunch of stills but the song is really high school DxD like. The ending has a lot of, well, boobs, the song is fine.

4.5/5 Remember men: To get stronger you need boobs on your side.

MrMushinApr 17, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 17, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
Wow @ Vice's straightforward as usual right from the beginning, but she's not the only one, other girls joins his harlem as usual.

Both OP & ED are ok. While discussing about Kyoto trip, Koneko advancing. Visiting president's household. Little practice match against Nakamura-san's character, president's cousin. He's strong and fast. He just enjoys fighting with KajiKaji's character, unlike other devils.

KajiKaji's character already in his limit, but do not give up. lol~ girls suggesting power up. Cousin guy thinks that's interesting and hold on to the next level for next time. Brother is also amused at KajiKaji's character not giving up. The little guy (her brother?) reminding about how he calls president even after her graduation.

Pass for devils? Departing to Kyoto.

Title w. immediate battle expected for next ep.
tsubasaloverApr 17, 2018 9:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 17, 2018 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
Harsh_Singh said:
Where did you find episode 1 ??

You can watch it on 9anime but it's still raw.
Apr 17, 2018 9:28 AM

Dec 2017
The match between Sairaorg and Issei was a nice prelude to the rating game to come. Rias blushing was also kawaii.
Apr 17, 2018 9:32 AM
May 2016
Sairaorg was a beast, so powerful :D
Apr 17, 2018 9:33 AM
Jan 2018
Yes finally the real season starts . Glad they mentioned the treatment for juggernaut drive and couldn't stop laughing when the others started to ask rias to give issei power lol and well as isseis and Sairaorg rectaions. Issei wanted to die of embarrassment
Apr 17, 2018 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
If the rumors are true, then we will get second OP and ED. Maybe from episode 7.

Everything in this episode was 10/10
Apr 17, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
The god Sairaorg is finally here! That spar looked delicious and funny at the same time~
Apr 17, 2018 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
So fking good. 10/10 crunchyroll hurry up i need SUBTITLES.
Apr 17, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
Sairaorg is such a cool character. I still think it's really dumb how long it's taking Issei to call Rias by her name, but go ahead and kiss and cuddle naked at night before you can say her name lol. Great start
Apr 17, 2018 9:50 AM

Jan 2018
Sparing was good loved the ED a good episode
Still having little problem with coping to new art style akeno face was missing something in the close up it might be just me
Going to watch the uncensored version now
Apr 17, 2018 9:52 AM
Jan 2018
ReguIus said:
Sairaorg is such a cool character. I still think it's really dumb how long it's taking Issei to call Rias by her name, but go ahead and kiss and cuddle naked at night before you can say her name lol. Great start

Oh don't worry about that . You find out soon
Apr 17, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
SPEERS said:
Vindikas said:
If the rumors are true, then we will get second OP and ED. Maybe from episode 7.

Everything in this episode was 10/10

The author said on Twitter that "a certain faction was the first to be revealed in the OP", so to me at least, that implies there will probably be another OP in the second half of the season.

I guess they only going change the animation? I would love new song like season 2.
Apr 17, 2018 9:55 AM
Apr 2018
If they can keep up with this level of fanservice throughout the series I'm already sold tbh. The new animation is easier on the eyes and I'm already used to the new character designs. Other than that it looks to be just as ridiculous as before, so no complaints here ;)
Apr 17, 2018 9:57 AM

Mar 2012
I still stand believe that BLESS YoUr NAME is most suitable for this season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2012
I really like the new art style now.
The character animation is much more fluid and dynamic and interesting to watch.
The faces will still take some getting used to though, especially Koneko and Best Girl Xenovia.
Sairaorg was a badass.
Now I'm excited for their rating game.
Apr 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Mattinator95 said:
ReguIus said:

Oh don't worry about that . You find out soon

Yeah I know what happens I'm caught up on the LN just think it's kinda dumb he can't call her by her name. But yeah what you're talking about is something I'm excited to see in the anime
Apr 17, 2018 10:07 AM
Jun 2016
This episode really kickstarted the hype for me, now I can't wait for episode 2! The Sairaorg fight was actually surprisingly entertaining, and that bed scene with Rias and Issei during nighttime singlehandedly sold me on the art style. Good to see that the "romance" part of Rias x Issei's relationship is starting to catch fire with that solid kiss at the end of the episode.

Man they really nailed it with this one!
Apr 17, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Absolutely great first episode.

High School DxD was so great from its fanservice to the fight. Pure epic fun.

I surprisingly, quickly grew to the artstyle, especially since Akeno looked way too sexy for me to dislike.

This was loads of fun and I'm pumped for Kyoto baby <3
Apr 17, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
That was really good, the 0th episode wasn't that impressive but this one was a good start over. Lots of girls, harem and stuff, but always felt like Rias will be the winner and this was just more to it, and just in case Xenovia is my favorite =/
Still need to get used to the new artstyle, not that it's bad just so used to the old one. The OP is probably not the best thing ... the ED is well pure fanservice, decent.
Apr 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm New OP sound OK, but season 1 and 2 were better...

Akeno is really hunting Ise...and oneko too is marking her Territory! XD oh man, starting minutes made me laugh or at least smirk like hell...my cheeks hurt! XD

Sairaorg Is Best Heir! Well along with Rias but HE IS AT TOP!!! 1 my Favorites no Mistake! XD
Enjoyed that Sparring match...Ending of it tough...LOL!!! Asia....why did you spoke about that breast touching!? XD

Okay...better start that season 3
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 17, 2018 10:39 AM
Feb 2018
just asking for thoese who read the LN . the op is showing more of rias and issei . We will something like that in this season ?
Apr 17, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
RzN23 said:
just asking for thoese who read the LN . the op is showing more of rias and issei . We will something like that in this season ?

yes there's development between the two of em
Apr 17, 2018 10:41 AM

Jan 2018
I watched uncensored version
There wasn't much to see T_T
Apr 17, 2018 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
Classic High School DxD

So glad it's back

Apr 17, 2018 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to have the "have a boner the entire episode" anime back.
Apr 17, 2018 11:48 AM
Apr 2018

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiNov 26, 2020 5:03 PM
Apr 17, 2018 11:57 AM
Jun 2016
Man the new animation is not attractive as before.Especially rias,she looks so innocent and simple.She doesnt look as demonic as before.The only plus side is the fighting amination which was great.

Does anybody know about some plot summary forum or something??its been so long since I last watched dxd.cant remember everything
Apr 17, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
that was amusing..the girls are getting more and more obvious with issei
Apr 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Jun 2017
Haha, that was pure awesomeness. I didn't remember Koneko being this bold but I like it. Welcome back Oppai Dragon, it's gonna be a nice ride!
Apr 17, 2018 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
Good to see that DxD is back! New art style sure is way different but I have nothing against it. "The power of Boobs", It never fails to amuse me, its too funny. Fight against Sairaorg was quite nice. Looking forward for more!

Oh Koneko, I have missed you!
Apr 2018
it was amazing to tell the truth i didn't think it would be this good

Feb 2016
Well that wasn't half bad after that disappointing recap of the last 4 episodes of third season. I can get used to the art.

Still, I don't know if it is just me or are the ecchi scenes way too short? not that I'm complaining tho

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 17, 2018 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
I really liked the fight between Issei and Sairaorg. Really entertaining.

The fanservice is still good, even though there wasn't too much in this episode. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2018 12:48 PM
Jun 2017
Getting used to the new art style is challenge, but doable. The show is still enjoyable, but my main problem is the out of place way of censoring that they use that kills the mood for me. Is there any way to watch it uncensored?
Apr 17, 2018 12:52 PM
Sep 2012
SaadGhauri said:
Man the new animation is not attractive as before.Especially rias,she looks so innocent and simple.She doesnt look as demonic as before.The only plus side is the fighting amination which was great.

Does anybody know about some plot summary forum or something??its been so long since I last watched dxd.cant remember everything

I find the new style is more attractive than the old. Especially since the new style is much closer to the light novel illustrations which I'm somewhat caught up in and I feel that the animation feels slightly more fluid just from what we've seen from two fights that have been shown so far from episode 0 and episode 1.

XxKio-chanxX said:
Getting used to the new art style is challenge, but doable. The show is still enjoyable, but my main problem is the out of place way of censoring that they use that kills the mood for me. Is there any way to watch it uncensored?

AT-X TV broadcast has it uncensored (as with many other ecchi shows), but it'll obviously have no subs unless someone else decides to put the subs in and you get it from a certain site or watch it from an illegal streaming site.
LinkmstrApr 17, 2018 1:02 PM
Apr 17, 2018 1:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good old DxD doing what it does best without holding back. Ecchi harem and an MC who actually takes delight in his harem instead of running away.
I liked Sairaorg in the novels and I like him here. This is going to be miles better than Born.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 17, 2018 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
I wasn't sure about the new art after seeing the first PV but it's really growing on me. I'm still not a huge fan of Rias' change but everything else I think I like for the better. The battle with Sairong was fantastic and a lot of fun to watch. I hope that the series continues to do well because I'd love to see a full adaption someday.

I also I think Issei's expressiveness is wayyyyyyy better with the new artstyle than it was previously and I really like that a lot.
Apr 17, 2018 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Great official start and man Passione did an amazing job with the animation through the episode, since not only was it consistent with the fanservice, but they managed to produce probably the best actions segments within the franchise so far (even the Cao Cao bit from the OP looked great) thanks to the smoothness of the new designs. Way above TNK´s lvls.

And talking about the OP, the song was catchy but overall the OP was weak since imo the visuals didn´t match with the song (too many stills too, though I really liked the content hinted in it). The ED was pretty great though, especially when it comes to what matters in DxD. I particularly loved the Rossweise parts, since those poses were so OC but also so nice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Great fanservice ending all in all.

As for the content itself, I did enjoy to see ma boy Sairaorg doing what he does best, plus that Venelana moment with Issei was hilarious. Really hyped for the rating game to come, especially after seeing how great the sparring match turned out. But for now, looking forward to the Kyoto arc.
KaitonApr 17, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode for sure.

The artstyle is really nice, I like it a lot, Rias is the only one I'm really torn on, she did lose a bit of her adult/mysterious/sexy charm but she still looks great.
The giht was nicely animated, I liked it.
Guess we aren't seeing nothing more of volume 7, so no going back to Loki. I guess it's alright, it wasn't very important to have a remake of, and it's better to have full 12 episodes for volume 9 and 10.
The ecchi scenes were nice as well, so were the eye catchers.

And as is the tradition with DxD, nice opening and ending.

Loving the season already! Better than BorN in every aspect imaginable. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the best season yet, because volume 10 is my favourite, having both the best fight and best development in character relationships.
ImaishiApr 17, 2018 1:47 PM
Apr 17, 2018 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
I really liked the opening song but the visuals are...meh. On the other hand the ending is absolutely fantastic....Xenovia...

Regarding the episode, it was great, good mix of plot with plot and what a good plot!

Now, Issei mentions an advice from Beelzebub, what advice? And that he hasn't won any rating game, well, this isn't so bad considering he only participated in one in the anime (I know they skipped the one against Sona's family), also the senjutsu treatment (although it was kinda explained). What I mean is that while I'm glad they' re following the novels, this for an anime only like me can be confusing at some points. Even with Rossweisse, since they made that alternative ending that erased the last 4 episodes of Born, at least they could have put at the beginning of this episode the scene of Rossweisse joining the Rias family instead of just assuming it.

SkyLETVApr 17, 2018 9:49 PM
Apr 17, 2018 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
I laughed when Akeno was having Issei all to her self until Rias came in and acted boldly in front of her rocking the boat

Apr 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
RzN23 said:

Apr 17, 2018 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
Koneko seems a lot more expressive with this design, that's a good thing. Also happy to hear more naughty Akeno.

Feels like they're toning down the nips though. In the previous versions, that bed scene would have undoubtedly shown plenty, espcially with Akeno hanging her cleavage out that much.

Fight scene was quite nice but facepalmed when Asia yelled up to power up via boobs. I somehow forgot that this was the norm in DxD.
Apr 17, 2018 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
Haters where are you now with complaining about Animation hmmmmm . For me this episode Delivered REAL HARD even amazing i dare too say. From that classic juicy angles with Akeno, the Healing session with Koneko in Cat mode to group Wrestle fanservice was on point..
Seems that now that MASTER KING Ichibumi is in charge everything will be great.

I loved the way Sairaorg fought with Issei he is even greater beast and respectable guy than i imagined, especially the way he is showing respect towards Issei-s Effort . Despite the fact he was obviously holding back most of his true potential, none of the scenes showed any negativity or arogant remarks he even wanted too Issei too be fully prepared too strike him with everything he has . Overall great episode best moments are Issei Being Embarassed in front of everyone, and that Rias X Issei Exchange and Kiss at End i died.
Apr 17, 2018 2:07 PM

Jul 2014
SPEERS said:
SkyLETV said:
Now, Issei mentions an advice from Beelzebub, what advice? Also that he hasn't won any rating game, well, this isn't so bad considering he only participated in one in the anime (I know they skipped the one against Sona's family).

When Ajuka adjusted Issei's evil pieces he was supposed to recommend that Issei should min/max with promotions instead of using Queen all the time. Queen is just all-around but specializes in nothing, which is why he chose to use Rook this episode, since it offers more defense.

And Diodora had a rating game with them too, but it was obviously interrupted instantly.
Thanks! It sucks that Born screwed up the continuity of this series. And the game with Diodora wasn't really a game as such but I guess it counts too.
SkyLETVApr 17, 2018 2:11 PM
Apr 17, 2018 2:10 PM
Mar 2016
"i dont like new animation"
well Author dont care about you either lol
he aiming Japanese LN reader
you guy still talk about hating new animation just like Feminist SJW

wow, honestly i never feel amaze with fight scene on DxD before this fight
Sairaorg vs Issei is pure Epic
well even though i dont like ending of fight because Oppai Dragon Trivia that killing the Epicness :v
OP = SPOILER AND SPOILER FOR EVERYONE :))
New Studio doing good job, thank for TNK making Ishibumi Angry and force to change Studio LOL
Apr 17, 2018 2:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was perfect. Everything about it was perfect. The ecchi, the action, and especially the animation. The animation was excellent. If it keeps up, I'll be more than happy with the art style change.

The ecchi was masterfully done, we got Akeno action, neko-loli Koneko action, and of course perfect Rias action. We even got a kiss at the end! Oh Issei, how far you've come!

The action was awesome to watch, that new guy is no joke. But his story is kind of inspiring, he worked incredibly hard to get to that point.

DxD is known for its GOAT ED's, and while this one still can't top the first, I really liked it. Excellent animation and plenty of sexy shots.

5/5 can't wait for more tiddies
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

40 by filthyfrank8142 »»
May 6, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.