Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 8:39 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Food is like art and this episode showed what that's capable of.

I don't even like cucumbers much but the episode made that look pretty good. Yum.
Stark700Apr 12, 2018 9:20 PM
Apr 12, 2018 8:45 PM

Nov 2012
I love the running gag of how the eatery has all of these things that are not to be taken for granted in a medieval world like the Isekai. Makes you appreciate living in the modern age a little.
Apr 12, 2018 9:46 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see some delicious looking fried chicken in this episode and some cucumbers. The commander really liked it. His reaction when there wasn't any more chicken was funny.
Apr 12, 2018 9:53 PM

Jun 2016
This episode makes me want to eat fried chicken. T^T
Loving those reactions. Haha.
I feel glad I live in this era. lol
Apr 12, 2018 10:51 PM
Jun 2016
I'm liking the show, but not as much as resteraunt to another world, that had alot more charm, with the different characters each week and the lore, hope we get more here eventually.
Apr 13, 2018 1:10 AM

Apr 2016
Like where would fantasy worlds would be if it not for male MCs to save it and Japanese inns to feed it LOL.

Also this anime is one big advertisement for that "Beyond 2020 Japan Endless Discovery" a tourism advertisement.
Apr 13, 2018 6:12 AM

May 2016
This is what happens when a food show marries an anime show, and some ad excecs decide to run a train on the anime show, while the food show watches in the corner until the end...

All these food shows...make me hungry but satisified at the same time.

once again 7/10
Apr 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2015
Those advertisement segments are probably paing for the whole anime.

I enjoyed the culinary leasons more than the old man degustation, cause there is no way to go to japan just to eat eat some karage.
Apr 13, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
well I liked how the episodes are connected...I guess this wont be for long though
Apr 13, 2018 8:11 PM

Mar 2014
wats fun watching food reviews from isekai people?
Apr 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
Beer and Karaage? what a exquisite combination!
4/5.

Apr 14, 2018 12:48 AM
Sep 2015
I love the manliness in this anime, remind me of those masculinity monster in Isekai Shokudou.
Apr 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Jan 2015
I swear, i never heard of double frying technique, its pretty wow. Hmmmm very intersting... I wonder if anyone ever used it?
Also i didnt know about lemon squeezing on the chicken makes it tastier. IM LEARNING.
Again... come on last episode it was some beans now its some cucumbers. STop getting so excited over it, jeez...
-The most most important part of the episode is defintiely the reveal of double doors. One door leads to isekai the other to our world. very very cool. "Whats those lights" LOL
Apr 14, 2018 8:53 PM

Aug 2014
The other restaurant had cuter girls and fantastic elements, but so far I'm enjoying the reactions and interaction more in this one. Not liking the obnoxious text overlays a la Japanese variety shows though. Also pass on Nobu+.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 14, 2018 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
Why do they keep saying "whatsontap"? Just call it beer.
Apr 14, 2018 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
Better than i expected. But i hope there will be another character, race or world just like Isekai Shokudou and the big texts are removed.
Apr 15, 2018 1:57 AM
Mar 2012
Lol that soldier's petty yet crafty, got the commander craving more & shortening their training, good job.
Both karaage & nanban seems real good.
Apr 15, 2018 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
I don't want to watch some ossan eat kaarage I want a cooking thing instead plz and thank.
Apr 15, 2018 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
Never understood how KFC managed to gain a foothold at all in Japan, let alone become popular. Sure, their marketing department has always been strong, but who wants non-original recipe mass produced chicken at export prices, while there are places to get at the very least somewhat decent karaage everywhere in the country?

I'll never forget my "mistake" ordering some karaage with my ramen at a local place in Nikko. I figured I need some more meat to go with all the carbs, and the karaage was really cheap. A few moments later I was presented with literally half a chicken, chopped into well over bite-sized chunks, marinated overnight probably, and double-fried.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 15, 2018 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
Looked more delicious than the last episode.

But the huge text of the title and subheading along the top really takes away from the show...what's the point of having the giant text overlap everything from start to finish? Just as annoying as watermarks. If it weren't for that, my score for this adaption would be higher.
Apr 17, 2018 3:23 AM

Jun 2013
Laionidas said:
Never understood how KFC managed to gain a foothold at all in Japan, let alone become popular. Sure, their marketing department has always been strong, but who wants non-original recipe mass produced chicken at export prices, while there are places to get at the very least somewhat decent karaage everywhere in the country?

I'll never forget my "mistake" ordering some karaage with my ramen at a local place in Nikko. I figured I need some more meat to go with all the carbs, and the karaage was really cheap. A few moments later I was presented with literally half a chicken, chopped into well over bite-sized chunks, marinated overnight probably, and double-fried.

Marketing Magic..

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/why-japan-is-obsessed-with-kentucky-fried-chicken-on-christmas-1-161666960/
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20161216-why-japan-celebrates-christmas-with-kfc
Apr 17, 2018 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
Hirugiku said:
I swear, i never heard of double frying technique, its pretty wow. Hmmmm very intersting... I wonder if anyone ever used it?
Also i didnt know about lemon squeezing on the chicken makes it tastier. IM LEARNING.
Again... come on last episode it was some beans now its some cucumbers. STop getting so excited over it, jeez...
-The most most important part of the episode is defintiely the reveal of double doors. One door leads to isekai the other to our world. very very cool. "Whats those lights" LOL

Apparently double frying is legit, makes it crispier is what the wife says.. as she was drooling over it
Apr 17, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2014
CrimsonTsuki said:
Hirugiku said:

Apparently double frying is legit, makes it crispier is what the wife says.. as she was drooling over it

Double frying is completely normal. It's done in Japanese, and other Asian cuisines a lot, and the Dutch, Belgian, and French apply it to many snacks, like French or Belgian fries, and croquettes, which are similar to Japanese croquettes. In fact, Japanese croquettes probably derived from Dutch ones.

You shouldn't see it as re-frying something you've allready fried. That would leave the food dry at best, burned at worst, and would be disgusting in any case. Basically, it's a single two stage fry. The first one is on a lower temperature to make sure food that would otherwise burn on the outside before being cooked on the inside, gets cooked properly. Then, you actually leave it slightly undercooked, and take it out of the oil/fat. The food will probably cook a bit more on the inside, even when you've taken it out, and you let the oil and fat seep out of the food. You then fry it a second time at a higher temperature. This fully cooks the food, but also makes the outside crunchy. Finally, because you let the oil/fat seep out after the first fry, it won't get back in: the thin semi-crunchy skin from the first fry closes almost instantly when fried a second time at a higher temperature, shielding the inside from the oil/fat during the second fry. So, you'll end up with a crunchy outside, and juicy, yet not overly greasy inside.

Yeah, I know that, but it's still odd for a marketing campaign from 1974, when the chain was still pretty small in Japan, has such a permanent effect. That's not just marketing magic, that's like the bakuretsu mahou of marketing magic.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 17, 2018 6:37 AM
Apr 2018
I miss the dude showing the recipe at the end :( i want to make my own karaage
Apr 17, 2018 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
Great, another well-done episode (even though the beginning felt bit like deja-vu. And one simply have to love those Nobu specials :)

I also appreciate the hint of outside world when Shinobu went shopping throught the back door.

Kokoro is here:
https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1311/A131102/13149066/
Apr 20, 2018 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
Laionidas said:
CrimsonTsuki said:

Double frying is completely normal. It's done in Japanese, and other Asian cuisines a lot, and the Dutch, Belgian, and French apply it to many snacks, like French or Belgian fries, and croquettes, which are similar to Japanese croquettes. In fact, Japanese croquettes probably derived from Dutch ones.

You shouldn't see it as re-frying something you've allready fried. That would leave the food dry at best, burned at worst, and would be disgusting in any case. Basically, it's a single two stage fry. The first one is on a lower temperature to make sure food that would otherwise burn on the outside before being cooked on the inside, gets cooked properly. Then, you actually leave it slightly undercooked, and take it out of the oil/fat. The food will probably cook a bit more on the inside, even when you've taken it out, and you let the oil and fat seep out of the food. You then fry it a second time at a higher temperature. This fully cooks the food, but also makes the outside crunchy. Finally, because you let the oil/fat seep out after the first fry, it won't get back in: the thin semi-crunchy skin from the first fry closes almost instantly when fried a second time at a higher temperature, shielding the inside from the oil/fat during the second fry. So, you'll end up with a crunchy outside, and juicy, yet not overly greasy inside.

Semantics...? I guess you are really into your cooking.

Hirugiku said:

Yeah, I know that, but it's still odd for a marketing campaign from 1974, when the chain was still pretty small in Japan, has such a permanent effect. That's not just marketing magic, that's like the bakuretsu mahou of marketing magic.

And that's why its still around.. sometimes you just hit the sweet spot and it takes on a life of its own and you just go along for the ride.. and its still "foreign", which helps. Plus, since they didnt have many locations, there were probably long lines, at least initially, and you know what the Japanese say about long lines.. must be something good, or at least worth creating an even longer line for!
Apr 21, 2018 6:47 AM

Sep 2016
Damn, now they're showing locations from where to get the food XD Nice marketing stint

The next episode couldn't come sooner..
Apr 23, 2018 8:10 PM

Mar 2009
Huh. What's the airing schedule for this show? Once a month?
Oct 27, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2012
Really lovely and enjoyable episode, the way they present the food is just too wonderful! Really loving it!
Apr 2, 2023 1:28 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Ok that was actually really funny!
The commander underestimating Nobu's izakaya and then becoming so hooked on it he runs off to taste more of it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

6 by gyanburubii »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2018

11 by gyanburubii »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:07 AM

Poll: » Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

22 by Dawizz »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:39 AM

Poll: » Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu Episode 14 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

5 by ireneballz »»
Aug 19, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

7 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Aug 14, 2023 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.