Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2018 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It is already bad that Oriko's parents died but dying while they were having a good time is worst.
Also, it was to be expected that there would be a misundertanding since she kept talking to Uribou even infront of others.
I hope she does a good job working for the ryoukan.
The ending is: Kimi no Stage e (君のステージへ) by Mizutani Kaho (水谷果穂)
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 8, 2018 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
OriharaShinra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
It is already bad that Oriko's parents died but dying while they were having a good time is worst.
Also, it was to be expected that there would be a misundertanding since she kept talking to Uribou even infront of others.

Where you watched the first episode? I want to watch but I can't find it :/
Apr 8, 2018 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
OnegaiAnime said:
OriharaShinra said:

Where you watched the first episode? I want to watch but I can't find it :/

I watched it raw, I'll send you it at PM
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
Apr 11, 2018 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
Fluttershy666 said:
OriharaShinra said:

I watched it raw, I'll send you it at PM

If you could PM me the episode as well that'd be sick dude

If possible, me too, please
Apr 11, 2018 10:34 PM

Jun 2015
It's unfortunate Oriko's parents passed away. Now that she is living in her grandmother's Onsen Ryokan, hopefully she does a good job working there. The ghost is pretty amusing.
Apr 11, 2018 11:18 PM

May 2015
12 minutes long eh? I can live with that.

Okko loses her parents, so now she has to take over. Guess her loss will make her stronger.

So we got ourselves a ghost too? Hmm this might be fun for the school episodes when everyone thinks she's talking to herself.

But those frames! It's a short anime, but it's animation quality is great. Great ending theme too. Will be a watch to take it easy this season. And we got that Pinfuri girl next episode. Perfect, just the character I wanted to see. :)
Apr 12, 2018 12:47 AM

Apr 2016
Praise the Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubs!

This was good as i expected, well except that 12+ min, which is little bit disappointing. Man the drama at the beginning ... but it became light comedy in no time lol. It really reminds me Ghibli movies, even with the voice actors, that they are some kind of "new".
Apr 12, 2018 1:08 AM

Feb 2017
people die everyday, it's nothing to be surprised about. what a cliche backstory imo
Apr 12, 2018 1:11 AM
Apr 2011
A clean, wholesome loli slice of life set in the countryside. A bit more direction than non non biyori, and much less drama than konohana tei. Best of both worlds tbh. 10/10 from me. As a non-H loli connoisseur this ticks all the boxes for me.
While it's disappointing it's only 12 min per ep we do get a movie after this. Hope movie is new material and not a reharsh.
Apr 12, 2018 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
Even with such harsh background at the presentation they managed to make great comedy moments, I think it has potential. :D
Apr 12, 2018 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
Better than I expected, bad times for oriko but she pulls through and meets a ghost boy :'(
Apr 12, 2018 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
Didn't expect to like this as much as I did. This is a pretty underrated show, wish it was longer than 12 minutes.
Apr 12, 2018 7:49 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty comfy but man Japan should really ban trucks. Future friends looking cute.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Apr 2016
Damn too short, i want moarrrr
Pretty and comfy btw
Apr 14, 2018 7:22 AM

Jan 2015
Ahhh what a cute little anime we have here :)
And this is very similar to shounen maid and Gakuen babysitters where they also lose their beloved parents and end up going to a new place and experience new things and work, yes work. Nothing comes free, those who dont work dont get to eat. I guess thats the message behind those kind of stories?

Didnt expect it to be youkais. wowowwww. and it seems like the boy isnt the only youkai, also i wonder why is he haunting this place? another way to look at it is him protecting it and caring for granny.

ED song is just like tsuki ga kirei with text messages <33333333
Apr 14, 2018 9:56 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah, I think I like this anime. I was sorta iffy about Uribou at the start, since he initially appeared annoying, but luckily, I was wrong about that, lol. I guess that this'll be sorta like Hitorigurashi no Shougakusei, just with a Ryokan instead of a restaurant, with a Youkai... and actually somewhat good.

Hirugiku said:
Ahhh what a cute little anime we have here :)
Amen to that, lol. I wasn't too sure about the start, but the last-ish scene with the three older leaders of the Ryokan was just too endearing =w=

Hirugiku said:
Didnt expect it to be youkais. wowowwww. and it seems like the boy isnt the only youkai, also i wonder why is he haunting this place? another way to look at it is him protecting it and caring for granny.
Just you wait for it, the final plot-twist will be that Uribou is actually evil and wants to turn the Ryokan-inhabitants into his kin, Urahara style. Just you wait. I KNOW that that'll happen.
:^)
Apr 14, 2018 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
I liked this a lot more than I expect to. It seems to be really comfy and sorta silly.
Apr 14, 2018 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
so... both parents were using seatbelts and died, but the girl that was not using seatbelt and was on the Middle Rear Seat without seatbelt survived? anime logic (?)
I really enjoyed this episode. a laid back slice of life with decent animation. heroine's seiyuu though... is she a kid? she legit sounds like a little girl, like 10 -12 YO
8/10
removed-userApr 14, 2018 10:15 PM
Apr 15, 2018 7:32 AM

Sep 2013
Punpun3 said:
heroine's seiyuu though... is she a kid? she legit sounds like a little girl, like 10 -12 YO
8/10

Her seiyuu is Kobayashi Seiran, she is 13 years old.
Apr 15, 2018 11:04 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Seems like she walked away from the crash just fine maybe? Plot twist: she can see ghosts because she died too/she is a ghost and no one else realizes that she too is dead-- you know like that one Twilight Zone episode with the hitchiker? Ooooo, spooky.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 18, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Swiggy said:
Seems like she walked away from the crash just fine maybe? Plot twist: she can see ghosts because she died too/she is a ghost and no one else realizes that she too is dead-- you know like that one Twilight Zone episode with the hitchiker? Ooooo, spooky.

this is an anime for children. 100% sure that's not the case.
Apr 18, 2018 10:08 AM

Dec 2014
I really like the ghost kid...His rabbit teeth are adorable
Apr 18, 2018 10:57 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Punpun3 said:
Swiggy said:
Seems like she walked away from the crash just fine maybe? Plot twist: she can see ghosts because she died too/she is a ghost and no one else realizes that she too is dead-- you know like that one Twilight Zone episode with the hitchhiker? Ooooo, spooky.

I was, of course, joking.

But I do want to say, since you brought up the anime for children part, one of the last anime for children I watched ended up whipping out a sniper who was quite serious about killing one of the characters.
The rating and kids label has been changed.

I don't actually expect anything like what I typed originally, but I also wouldn't be surprised.
But mostly I wouldn't be surprised if her ability to see ghosts is related to the accident, which wouldn't be too bad to have in a show for children. Honestly, Japanese shows for children deal with some rather dark topics sometimes (such as suicide or abuse).

All that being said, I was still joking. My plot twist is a joke speculation-- mostly because she looked pretty okay after the accident (most likely because they don't want to show a kid all hurt up or they kinda just pulled the miraculous survival thing).
SwiggyApr 22, 2018 1:27 PM

Apr 22, 2018 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
Swiggy said:
Punpun3 said:

I was, of course, joking.

But I do want to say, since you brought up the anime for children part, one of the last anime for children I watched ended up whiping out a sniper who was quite serious about killing one of the characters.
The rating and kids label has been changed.

I don't actually expect anything like what I typed originally, but I also wouldn't be surprised.
But mostly I wouldn't be surprised if her ability to see ghosts is related to the accident, which wouldn't be too bad to have in a show for children. Honestly, Japanese shows for children deal with some rather dark topics sometimes (such as suicide or abuse).

All that being said, I was still joking. My plot twist is a joke speculation-- mostly because she looked pretty okay after the accident (most likely because they don't want to show a kid all hurt up or they kinda just pulled the miraculous survival thing).

True. I've watched some Worlds Masterpiece Theater Anime and other that dealt with quite dark issues.

Btw, may I ask what the name of that kids anime is you're referring to? Because I'm looking for this kind of anime atm.
Apr 23, 2018 9:52 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
shiroi-ookami said:

True. I've watched some Worlds Masterpiece Theater Anime and other that dealt with quite dark issues.

Btw, may I ask what the name of that kids anime is you're referring to? Because I'm looking for this kind of anime atm.

It's actually pretty interesting! There's sometimes an idea that you can't really hide kids from the world when they're living in it. I feel it's a good thing.

Since I revealed something, I'll put it in spoilers.
So the anime I mentioned first was , which I feel is a kids anime through and through even with the sniper and other darker things which happen. Like, it can be cheesy cute, but it deals with what it brings to the table well, in my opinion. You'll get used to the dancing segments if you choose to watch it!

Since you're looking, the first kids anime I thought of when I mentioned suicide and abuse would be Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/9931/Happy_Birthday__Inochi_Kagayaku_Toki ) .This is more along the lines of World Masterpiece Theater type anime!

Apr 24, 2018 4:21 PM

Apr 2009
Swiggy said:
shiroi-ookami said:

It's actually pretty interesting! There's sometimes an idea that you can't really hide kids from the world when they're living in it. I feel it's a good thing.

Since I revealed something, I'll put it in spoilers.
So the anime I mentioned first was , which I feel is a kids anime through and through even with the sniper and other darker things which happen. Like, it can be cheesy cute, but it deals with what it brings to the table well, in my opinion. You'll get used to the dancing segments if you choose to watch it!

Since you're looking, the first kids anime I thought of when I mentioned suicide and abuse would be Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/9931/Happy_Birthday__Inochi_Kagayaku_Toki ) .This is more along the lines of World Masterpiece Theater type anime!

I agree. It's good to let kids be kids, but there's certainly some truth in that idea that you cannot really hide the world from them. Kids are more sensitive than adults believe, and I don't think that being overprotective does them good.

Thanks for the recs!:) Both sound interesting. I love the WMT anime and watched some more than once. And it's hard to find anime that are lighthearted but not too cheesy, and deal with some serious topics or darker social issues.
Jun 18, 2022 7:21 PM
Mar 2019
Enjoyed the Movie so i expect this to be just as Good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 24 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Sep 23, 2018

6 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 8, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 20 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Aug 26, 2018

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 8, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Episode 21 Discussion

OriharaShinra - Sep 2, 2018

2 by bushman66 »»
Jun 18, 2022 7:23 PM

» What happened to subgroup website/episodes?

Claptrap - Oct 24, 2018

7 by bastek66 »»
Aug 11, 2020 4:07 PM

» Should I watch this or the movie?

Tenderizer79 - Feb 16, 2019

1 by Firechick12012 »»
Mar 13, 2019 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.