Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 5:18 AM

Feb 2014
The MHA juggernaut train has come alive once again! =D

Although this was mostly a recap/filler episode, I thought it was pretty good. It still had some funny scenes, fanservice with the school swimsuits and the swimming race with the guys was amusing as well.

The new OP song sounds a lot different compared to the last three we had from the first and second seasons, but I like it so far. The ED animation was a nice touch of pencil drawings and a comic book-style animated panels that looked really nice. =)

All in all, I'm looking forward to next week already. Bring on the training camp! =3
Apr 7, 2018 5:22 AM
Feb 2018
Oh man, the class B snobbing was hilarious! Poor class B :'(
Apr 7, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2018
Not bad for a filler episode! I'm not really big on the new opening/closing music. I definitely preferred both season one and season two's.

The class 1-A boys got swollen - especially Iida! Haha! Kaminari, Iida and Mineta (even though I overall hate him) made the episode for me. There were some nice comedic moments between Kaminari and Mineta plotting to see the girls in swim suits and it completely back firing. I also loved when Iida approached them, blocking the sun and terrifying them with his bulk. Lol!

Looking forward to next week's episode, when things finally get started and we see the summer camp begin!
Apr 7, 2018 5:23 AM
Apr 2017
JudoJD said:
Trashy overhyped shounen needs trashy filler recaps... No surprise there

Gotta please the fujos with a "beach" episode I guess

Well it wasn't a beach episode. Atleast make valid points if you want to criticise something.
Apr 7, 2018 5:30 AM

Feb 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Yea I also thought that was kinda stupid I mean the manga readers already knew what's gonna happen but at lest keep the others a little in suspense.

Why are you complaining as a manga reader?
It's obvious that openings are spoiling stuff, that's nothing new. The first opening of season 1 spoiled All Might vs Noumu, the first opening of season 2 spoiled Deku vs Todoroki, the second opening of season 2 spoiled Deku, Iida and Todoroki vs Stain. Plus similar to the Deku vs Todoroki spoiler, it might be hard to notice for someone who doesn't know the context.

Anime-onlies will most definitely skip the opening if they don't want to get spoiled.

The context is rather obvious and just because it happened before doesn't mean it's acceptable now and I as a manga reader don't complain because it personally affects me this time but rather because I generally don't like it if major story elements like that are being spoiled/showen in the trailer/opening
Apr 7, 2018 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
JudoJD said:
8.8 - 8.7 recap episode?

Lol.. The MHA cancer is real XD

Tell me about! DOUBLE STANDARDS! XD

MHA cancer is most certainly real.
Apr 7, 2018 5:32 AM

Mar 2010
Linkmstr said:

He said that he became the greatest hero in the end of Chapter 1 and the end of episode 2 in the first season. Although, depending on translations, chapter 1 says that he became "a great hero" instead of "greatest hero". He still says the same thing word for word in the original Japanese dialogue.

So yes, it's pretty much an origin story about Midoriya Izuku and how he became that great hero.

Oh, okay, i see :) I guess i totally forgot that last chapter last line after all these years.
Apr 7, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2015
The OP will take me song time to get used to (It being not as upbeat as the previous three). I like the ED though, with sketches from each of the students of UA.
Thank God they are still using the same OSTs as the previous seasons.

Though the episode is much of a recap, I find it a good way of bringing in the new arc. Psyched for the next episode. PLUS ULTRA!!!!
Apr 7, 2018 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
JudoJD said:
8.8 - 8.7 recap episode?

cry some more babby
Apr 7, 2018 5:56 AM

Apr 2016
Awesome episode and next Saturday the real dish will be served
BRAWLERS
Apr 7, 2018 6:00 AM
Dec 2011
Yasuhito said:
recap, slice of life, filler = most fans "great episode" LOL

If this was Black Clover or Boruto, look at the hate it'll get.

Double standards xD

Cause Black Clover & Boruto are pure TRASH.
And who told you no one complained?! a lot of people including me were disappointed.

Yasuhito said:
JudoJD said:
8.8 - 8.7 recap episode?

Tell me about! DOUBLE STANDARDS! XD

MHA cancer is most certainly real.

Not more Cancerous than Narutards. (you are a prove)

Anyway you need to chill with the hate.
Apr 7, 2018 6:05 AM

Nov 2009
Boring first episode. Just a recap.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 7, 2018 6:07 AM

Jan 2018
I liked it, even though it was technically a recap.

A digital frontier to reshape the human condition.
Apr 7, 2018 6:07 AM
Apr 2011
Well season 3 starts off with a recap episode as season 2 did. But at least this one was made much better than the one of season 2 (that one was just bad).

At least they put the recap in a little bit of story and nice pool fun. Over all it was an ok episode. But I can't wait for the real thing to start ^^ :D
Apr 7, 2018 6:17 AM
Nov 2017
Corvus8 said:
@NinjaristicNinja
@MonkeyDJasper
@TheEnhancedExe

Didn't know that they would do both arcs in the first cour. If i remember correctly the next 2 arcs were about the same length as the tournament and stain arc, so i thought that it would be the same as the second season (one arc and opening up to episode 12/13 and then next arc and new opening up to 25).

Next 2 arcs combined will be at least 20 episodes, so i was just confused.
The camp arc and hideout arc are both 28 chapters so that’s 12-13 episodes right there since there’s a lot action scenes so the chapters are gonna be animated quicker , both arcs should be only 13 episodes since each episode is 2-3 chapters .
Apr 7, 2018 6:19 AM
Nov 2017
As recap episodes go it's not the worst I've ever seen. There were some fun new character interactions and set up for this arc which is nice to see.

There's nothing worse than a recap episode which is just nothing but recap so I'm glad they didn't do that again like they did between season 1 and 2.

Not 100% sold on the new OP but I'm sure it'll grow on me over time.
Apr 7, 2018 6:20 AM
Oct 2017
I feel like this wasn't episode 01, but episode 00.

25 casually sexist minutes of dramatic flashbacks with a dick-measuring contest thrown in.
Apr 7, 2018 6:24 AM
Mar 2018
This episode being filler is dissapointing. I'm fine with an episode like this as an in between season OVA but as the start of a new season it's a real waste of an episode. Hopefully it's just a one off because I really like the summer camp storyline.
Apr 7, 2018 6:24 AM
Apr 2016
I've had big expectations to the new opening, but comparining it to the previous ones it ends up being bad and uncatchy.
Apr 7, 2018 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
Dam i NEEED that next episode so bad... OMG
Apr 7, 2018 6:29 AM

Mar 2018
So the first eps is basically a recap of the previous seasons with bonus pool scene, it was clever of them, i enjoyed it too. Love the OP even though i was expecting it to be more "energetic", but it still good.
Apr 7, 2018 6:40 AM
Dec 2017
I thought that despite this episode being mostly filler, I found it very enjoyable. I haven't really formed a proper opinion on the new OP and ED yet. They're ok. Even though this episode just consisted of Class 1-A chilling at the pool and just a mild bit of fan-service it was enjoyable to see these characters interact with each other once again.

What I find interesting though is Kacchan's attitude towards Deku. I interpreted his interactions with Deku in this episode to be that Kacchan sees Deku as a proper rival now (after seeing what he could do at the Sports Festival and the Final Exams).

Other scenes in this episode such as the scene at the League of Villains at the start and the scene with All Might at the Police Station did give me a taste on what is to come in the next season, which has gotten me even more excited for next week's episode.

My only complaint is that the scene were Aizawa is going over everyone's quirks seemed to drag quite a bit. But apart from that, it was a very good introduction to the new season and has definitely gotten me excited about this anime again.
Apr 7, 2018 6:42 AM

Sep 2014
The new opening is pretty hype. Wish they didn't spend the episode on recaps and filler moments but it was still enjoyable. Next week, back to the source material.
Apr 7, 2018 6:44 AM

Apr 2013
I could have skipped this episode and miss nothing of importance.

That subtle diss at class B was pretty funny, though XD
Apr 7, 2018 6:47 AM
Dec 2017
A year sense the last season this episode reminded me what my hero academia was about and how much i love the show. im very exited for whats going to happen this season with the new villains in the league of villains especially. it was hard not buying the manga that was past the plot of season 2 this past year or so but i think it will be worth it.
Apr 7, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2017
The recap episode was done well. It wasnt like in many anime where the characters are stupidly talking to each other about the story so far; thus the recap made sense. I dont think it was necessary tho cuz I'm sure people have already watched the previous seasons a few times.
The OP/ED are good but I personally prefer the second season's.
Also, why did you have to interrupt, Aizawa sensei?!

Edit: I take it back; OP/ED are the best yet
RogerThatSMApr 11, 2018 10:11 PM
Apr 7, 2018 6:55 AM

Sep 2015
A well needed recap.

And dude, this episode was fun.
Apr 7, 2018 6:57 AM
Oct 2017
The new op is a let down from Sora ni utaeba
Apr 7, 2018 6:59 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good recap episode. Damn, I missed this show.
Apr 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Feb 2017
It was fun even though it was recap and filler. I am glad the show is back, every episode of it makes me go out and workout. Excited for the rest of the season.
Apr 7, 2018 7:04 AM

Dec 2015
UVERworld with another lit OP!

Tbh when I heard this was gonna be a recap + anime original, I expected it to suck ass, but I'm glad I was wrong. I enjoyed the episode!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 7, 2018 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
skrublordFey said:
The new Free! is looking good.

lmao my sentiments exactly
i've been a weeb since i was in the womb
Apr 7, 2018 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
It was like a recap with some stuff, not bad though, I loved the " swimming " , even though Deku was the only one who swimmed.
Apr 7, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2017
hm, i guess, the biggest fights will be in june and september or something like that
Apr 7, 2018 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
Having a recap episode as your season premier might just be one of the most dumb and lazy things I have ever seen.
Apr 7, 2018 7:50 AM

May 2014
It does kind of destroy my hype when it starts on a semi-recap episode, but it was still entertaining. The new opening is really good~ I'm looking forward to next week, it's one of my favourite arcs in the series.
Apr 7, 2018 7:52 AM
Apr 2016
This is how "recaps" are supposed to be done. Instead of mere retelling of the events, you see the characters reflecting on the past in retrospective, giving new insights or solidifying their decisions made that time. Which is neat.
Re:formed
Apr 7, 2018 7:52 AM

Dec 2017
and spoiling this much in the op, smh. all the good stuff, man....
Apr 7, 2018 7:56 AM
Apr 2016
uninstallthegame said:

Opening sequence is supposed to this way. It is called "foreshadowing". You see characters, shadows, faces, without context, which you either don't know, can imagine or correctly decipher from the past and future occurrences in the series. They have properly done it, and are exemplary to most.
Re:formed
Apr 7, 2018 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
T'was an okay filler recap episode. That OP song tho. ELECTRIC.
But, I don't think the OP matches the OP song.
Signature removed.AGAIN.
Apr 7, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
@salokannel2 Hey man theres this really cool anime that you might find interesting, it just started airing, i think you’re gonna like it!
Apr 7, 2018 8:12 AM

Sep 2014
Dont like the OP and ED, visuals are decent ... but it was a god damn recap episode. Great..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 7, 2018 8:15 AM
Jun 2017
At first, I was kind of disappointed to hear that the first episode was a recap but I ended up enjoying the episode!
I guess it was a good way to do a recap based on what happened during the first two seasons and it was good to see the whole cast again!

I really liked seeing more Iida and Midoriya's friendship in this episode! ^^
Kaminari and Mineta was just funny in this episode when they wanted to see the females in their bikini's and it ended up with the girls in their one piece swimsuits! XD

This was a refreshing episode! I am so excited to watch the rest of season 3! Season 2 was just a masterpiece and I hope season 3 is the same! <3
Apr 7, 2018 8:16 AM

Jan 2017
Mostly just a recap :/

can't wait to see them in action
Apr 7, 2018 8:19 AM

Aug 2015
Not a big fan of the new OP to be honest. I like the song and I like the visuals, but they really don't go well together. It felt like watching a poorly synced amv.

As for the episode itself, it was okay I guess. Not a big fan of the large amount of flashbacks.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 7, 2018 8:20 AM
Jan 2015
Nice episode, but I didn't like how the girls got sidelined, they have quirks too, they fight too. Why not make it a competition of all of the students? Well, that annoyed me.
Apr 7, 2018 8:21 AM
Aug 2015
Not a fan of recap + pool episode, but that swim competition was pretty fun. 3/5
Apr 7, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
uninstallthegame said:

Opening sequence is supposed to this way. It is called "foreshadowing". You see characters, shadows, faces, without context, which you either don't know, can imagine or correctly decipher from the past and future occurrences in the series. They have properly done it, and are exemplary to most.

oh sure, that's some real subtle foreshadowing...

Apr 7, 2018 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
Hhmm, if it's Mineta's Idea and the place is pool... could it be? Oh boy, I should have know. LOL
Nice Prologue. They even insert that "gold" scene where All Might said to Midoriya that he can become a hero, and shed my tears... again. :')
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 7, 2018 8:26 AM
Jan 2018
This was dreadful. Starting off a season with such a filler ruined my expectations for the season as a whole. It was a really bad idea to start off like this. Also, is it just me, or did the animation look pretty bad in most of the pool scenes?
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

121 by MrGuz »»
Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.