Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2018 6:00 AM
Jun 2017
wow Meliodas power reach 32k level , and the others improve well (based on combat power ratings)..., and now the next mission- finding escanor!!!

*those manga readers sure are excited since they are always saying that escanor is stronger than meliodas and in this episode also said that same thing.. hmmm!!! i cant wait to see how strong he really is... hahahaha...

*and that last scene where Ban and Elaine kiss each other, from there you know that they miss each other so much!!!

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE PLEASE!!!
Apr 1, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2015
Well to be honest here... Elizabeth, she being the reincarnation of Meliodas's love interest Liz did not surprise me at all I think it was hinted more than once in this show (past seasons & but particulary this one)...

Abuout Escanor is more powerful than Tai... that means… he is a Tank!

But the thing that have my interest is the revival(?) of Elaine she is corrupted and is no more the pure girl that she was (she is in Yandere mode!) I can already see it, she is killed again (either by Ban hands or King [as he/they realizes she isn’t Elaine that they know] or she autodestruct [she regains a moment of clarity and decides to end her own life for the sake of her loved ones]) either way it would be sad for both Ban & King to loose her again… I hope my theories are wrong and she can be turned back to her old-self and remain amongst the living…
Apr 1, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2012
I remember before people claimed that Escanor will appear maybe in episode 9 but ep 12 now and he still did not appear

Is season 2 adapting less chapters per episode ?! This also could explain why I'm not enjoying this as much as season 1. I remember that season 1 had much more fights.
thepathApr 1, 2018 10:05 AM
Apr 1, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
Esconar hype and I'm loving Elaine's new look. Awesome episode as always!
New Life
Apr 1, 2018 5:06 PM
May 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Nice episode.

Meliodas got quite the power boost if we go by his power level. I'm excited to see Escanor seeing as Meliodas claims he's stronger than him and I suppose the guy post credit is him.

Hawk is new and improved. xD

That reunion at the end. :o
Revived Yandere Elaine might be a problem.

Old weak looking guy Post credit IS indeed Escanor!

Yandere Elaine is not that bad, she's actually nice!"that would be something new...":P
Apr 2, 2018 4:27 AM

May 2016
That kiss though never thought she would kiss him. and Escanor at the ending was hilarious he acted like an old man while he is even stronger than Meliodas.
Apr 2, 2018 4:47 AM

Aug 2011
Not really liking how people are here spoiling things about Escanor, its like you guys just want to ruin it for the anime only's.

Moving on:
Oh My Sweet Gluttony! Not just good drink but good meat too. The page in the manga where the bar is drawn out looks simply stunning, I hope the anime gives it justice but so far the OST fits the bartender and the bar perfectly.

Deldry and Arden are finally shown, I really like Pleiades of the Azure Sky and great to see them do something now.

Estarossa's voice is pretty darn great. I like that Zeldris has the same voice actor as his brother Meliodas but Estarossa's fits perfectly. Also glad that after 36 episodes they finally remembered Escanor exist.

Arthurian legend has two characters named Escanor if I recall. Not too sure but I think they're related.
Apr 2, 2018 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god... the Escanor hype is real, been waiting quite a while for this to finally happen. To think he's stronger than Meliodas, even with his powers returned. This will be epic!

I've had the feeling Elizabeth was the reincarnation of Liz, but I guess it's confirmed now...

Elaine came back to live and instantly visited Ban, I wonder what will happen next between them. Stuff is really getting interesting now!
Apr 2, 2018 5:27 AM

Nov 2016
Oh boi,the Escanor hype is real.

Also hands down one of the best kisses in anime and strong contender for best kiss 2018.

sucks for Jericho

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2018 6:00 AM

Feb 2011
Guys, what's the name of the ost playing in the scene of Elaine and Ban kissing ?
Apr 2, 2018 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
The 10 Commandments have dispersed.

Meliodas has his powers back and Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Meliodas' past lover.

Everyone is stronger, the dead are rising and Ban meets with Elaine.
I wanted Ban to be back with Elaine but not like this. I have a feeling that it won't end well for Ban.
Apr 2, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2015
Can't wait for Escanor at full powah. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2018 11:52 AM
Oct 2007
wow wasn't expecting Elaine to meet any of the Knights this episode.. much less than the kiss.. twice!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2018 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Remember Elaine is a hundreds years old fairy. Not a kid, ok? So calm down. :)
Yezzz! Escanor my favorite colorful character!!
Pyon2WarpKunApr 2, 2018 1:51 PM
Apr 2, 2018 3:04 PM
Dec 2017
with the way things are going, this season will be the best so far :D
Apr 2, 2018 4:58 PM

Jun 2016
andddd I'm up to date,as a non manga reader I want to see the final member that is stronger than the CAPTAIN!!??.
Apr 2, 2018 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
Hatsuyuki said:
Guys, what's the name of the ost playing in the scene of Elaine and Ban kissing ?

I'm not sure it's allowed to upload links so just write "Ban and Elaine Theme" on Youtube and you should find it. The one I usually listen to is "YoSay&B→A (Nanatsu no Taizai) OST".
*Seems like the ost's name is YoSay&B→A .
I love their theme <3

rukia_chanApr 2, 2018 5:48 PM
[/url]
Apr 2, 2018 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
Yoooooooo, that kiss!
Apr 2, 2018 11:15 PM

Feb 2011
rukia_chan said:
Hatsuyuki said:

I'm not sure it's allowed to upload links so just write "Ban and Elaine Theme" on Youtube and you should find it. The one I usually listen to is "YoSay&B→A (Nanatsu no Taizai) OST".
*Seems like the ost's name is YoSay&B→A .
I love their theme <3

thanks you man, been looking for it yesterday :)
Apr 3, 2018 12:58 AM
Jul 2017
Omg I don't know how to feel about this, I'm a Ban x Jericho shipper, but now I don't know who to ship with Ban anymore

Ahhhhh it hurts!

At least we didn't have to see Jericho's face at the end, after Ban and Elaine kissed

I feel so bad for Jericho
And Ban
Oh wait Ban is happy now

Jeez my brain doesn't know who to ship!
jose6645Apr 3, 2018 1:56 AM
Apr 3, 2018 5:27 AM
Feb 2018
For me the episode was brilliant but to top it off was finding out that Escanor is more powerful than Meliodas and the teaser at the end just got me so hyped, so annoyed we've got to wait two weeks this time!!!! The Ban scene with Elaine was brilliant and hopefully really just kicks off his return to the rest of the sins.
I am an advocate for true gender equality, Allow me too ellaborate. It means im not afraid to dosh out a dropkick or two to a women.
Apr 3, 2018 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Ah goth loli is back. Never been a fan of her but we'll see how this dead people coming back to life will result to something. Just really pumped to see the 7 deadly sins finally fight the 10 commandments to the death.
Apr 4, 2018 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
Another awesome episode!
LOL Galand is so pissed-off because he got wrecked!
Damn! all the Ten Commandments split-up!
"Pleiades of the Azure Sky" so more added characters!?!?
LOLZ Hawk had an image make-over! and everyone's ignoring Hawk!!
What the heck happened to Griamore!?!? bwahahah he became a kid!
Jenna & Zaneri is the only one who knows that Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz?!?
OMG Meliodas power level is 32,500 DAMN! that ten times the power of Howzer+Gilthunder!!!
I was HYPED-UP when Meliodas said that Escanor is stronger than him!
Damn! Elaine became dark Elaine!
Looks like Ban is temporarily out of commission because he met Elaine his prime weakness!
DAMN the OST at the end was supreme!
5/5.

Apr 4, 2018 2:15 PM

Nov 2012

Eliane is pedo. She is 1000+ years old. Ban only like 47.

livingdarknetApr 4, 2018 2:20 PM
Apr 4, 2018 9:49 PM

Aug 2014
He11oKitty said:
Am I the only one thinking love between Ban and Elaine is a bit too much? Cmon, she is way too young for him. RIP Zhivago!! :( :(

She's like a thousand years old, if anything Ban's too young for her.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Apr 5, 2018 3:50 AM

Jan 2015
Lol that kiss in the end. I wonder what will happend between Ban and Elaine.
Apr 5, 2018 1:08 PM
Jul 2013
Beruang said:
He11oKitty said:
Am I the only one thinking love between Ban and Elaine is a bit too much? Cmon, she is way too young for him. RIP Zhivago!! :( :(

True, but cmon, she looks no more then 12!
Apr 5, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
He11oKitty said:
Beruang said:

True, but cmon, she looks no more then 12!

So does that mean she's not allowed to be in love and romantically involved with someone? This whole show is full of pairings like that. Most of the cast is immortal. Diane is a giant and King looks like he's 12 because of his race. Meliodas looks 10, even younger than King, and he's with Elizabeth.
Apr 6, 2018 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week ;_;
Apr 6, 2018 3:18 PM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week ;_;

OMGGG! Why? Easter? :/
Apr 7, 2018 9:03 AM

May 2014
That was an epic ep. So many unexpected moments. I be damn, never expected Elaine to be revived and being evil first. Now that's something I would never imagined. And now she is good cause Ban probably gave her the favor back and gave her eternal life. That kiss was good animated and very good drawn. Lovely moment, actually the best moment in the entire season.

Meliodas is perv as always and the princess have hidden power we don't know about. It's gonna be interesting to see her power. Can't wait for the next ep. Too sad it isn't before next week.

Seeing Escanor was also very unexpected. I had a feeling he was the worrying type of guy. He had a cool and short moment.
Apr 7, 2018 9:09 AM

May 2014
livingdarknet said:

Eliane is pedo. She is 1000+ years old. Ban only like 47.

And it looks like it's the opposite. LOL
Apr 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Oct 2012
Oh gosh, "Ban, get away from her"
*Ban kisses her*
They're so in love. The hair. Everything. Goddammit. AND THE NAME OF THE NEXT EPISODE. Could you please do not fuck up with my ship? Thank you
Apr 10, 2018 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
The sun is too powerful it delayed the show.
Apr 10, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
IT'S ABOUT TIME TO PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!
Apr 11, 2018 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Excited for next episode.

Apr 12, 2018 8:05 PM

Aug 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Klad said:
Well his character is centered about bringing Elaine back to life so that's not true at all.

What he said was a giant pile of nonsense. Only a completely ignorant consumer would be able to spout such a profound mistake. What is worse is inability to see that she is obviously going back to the country of the dead. After some reconciliation.

She'll be sticking around for a long time.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Apr 15, 2018 8:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
OP? i prefer the before!!!
Well, very logic that Elizabeth can be the resurrection of the old´s Meliodas love!!
The new Hawks style was amazing!!!
This last scene, with the kiss love, was cool!!!
May 17, 2018 6:37 PM

Jul 2015
Ouuuuuuu some NTR..... interesting..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Haha, but I can only imagine this becoming even more problematic as it is.. what's Ban going to do now? Shut himself out with Elaine? And if I'm not mistaken, the only people who were revived were those that had some sort of strong regret/restless soul in purgatory.. so Elaine was watching over Ban the whole time and felt deep sorrow that she couldn't be there by his side? Oh wow, even if it's an exaggerated take on the actual truth, I guess this goes to show that's not as sweet and innocent as the story kind of made her out to be. And no offense, but them kissing just made Ban look like a lolicon.

Can't wait to pick up the manga soon. As soon as I catch up with the latest episode (which atm is episode 17) I'm switching over to the manga.

caught in the wonder
Aug 9, 2018 8:48 PM

May 2012
Reincarnation! Oh shit! Well somewhere it really did feel like Liz and Elizabeth where connecting a way but I didn't think reincarnation! Pretty amazing first half I must say but damn that ending!

That was damn impressive yet scary! Really do wonder what will happen next with all those zombies running around to be honest! Let's see what's next.
Nov 3, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
Jericho is so cute , she's trying to get Ban's attention , but Elaine is taking the spotlight .
Nov 10, 2018 7:09 AM

Aug 2011
Why is it that Elaine can come back to life to be with Ban, but Liz can't return for Melodias? One can recapture their former love, but the other can't? Kinda messed up if you ask me, both need to move on if that's the case.

Otherwise, a great episode. Love the powering up and can't wait to see these guys in action.
Nov 29, 2018 5:51 AM

Mar 2016
I can't really blame Zaneri for wanting to keep Elizabeth away from Meliodas so nothing will happen to her to make Meliodas rage, but man, isn't she being quite a bitch for tricking Elizabeth to heal a soil with no seed. That's just a waste of time, energy and confidence. She obviously have magic power.

32000+ in his normal state. Meliodas power level send chill to my back, then what will be his power level if he use his demons power?! Escanor is even stronger though?! Whoa I want to see that... HonMeanwhile, Hawk's ability to steal traits of creatures he ate is quite neat.

Ban got what he wanted, Elaine's revival, even though it's because of one of the 10 commandments' power. Imagine the expression Jericho got when Ban and Elaine kiss each other!
Dec 31, 2018 1:31 AM

May 2016
Zaneri wanted to have Liz's reincarnation to distance herself from Melodias so a reenactment of Danafor's destruction wouldn't take place by taking out the seed from the barren soil so it wouldn't react to her powers but all she got from it was Meliodas being even more concerned for Elizabeth and the girl being more determined to be useful for the team.

The unruly revival of the dead was actually the work of one of the Commandments who attracted back souls full of grudges and regrets back into the world. If she revealed this ability to the others, they would've had a field day devouring souls left and right so Galand got lucky that he ended up with her. Elaine being revived and going to Ban to have a very long-awaited make-out session was very emotional and the energy that emanated from the kiss didn't look evil at all but I'm somehow conflicted because I don't think that it'll stay that way due to the descending souls being tainted in general. Plus, Jericho felt so NTR'd about this.

Hawk turning into a dragon was just wtf lmao. Escanor finally showed up and he doesn't look intimidating at all but that makes me even more hyped for him~

Mar 15, 2019 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
That bird exploding is going to haunt my nightmares.

Didn't think Nanatsu no Taizai would have zombies yet here we are.

So Liz reincarnated as Elizabeth? How does that even work?

Escanor even stronger than Meliodas? Now I really want to see this man kick some ass.

That kiss between Ban and Elaine tho; Jericho is dying inside.

That post-credits Escanor tease tho; how long are you going to keep me waiting Nanatsu no Taizai?

Great episode. It was a bit dull at first, but it picked up later.

8.5/10

Jul 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Mar 2015
Oh boy, Elaine is back but is it really Elaine?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2019 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
Dat bird.
Arden and Deldry.
WTF at Hawk!
What is on Arthur's head.
Griamore is a kid and light skin now.
Erizabesu is back in a new outfit.
LMAO at Meliodas with dat upskirt.
Stay away from his woman Howzer.
LMAO at everyone ignoring Hawk.
She couldn't do anything?
Oh Zaneri.
Erizabesu is the reincarnation of Erizabesu?
Howzer is stronger than Gilthunder now.
lol at Hawk eating his way out.
lol at Hawk burning his nose.
SUGOI! Erizabesu pantsu.
Dat oppai grab.
Meliodas power level has gone down.
32500?
Escanor is stronger than Meliodas?
Dat otou.
Dem eyes gone.
Melascula fine self.
Elaine is awake.
OMG! Elaine Alter.
Poor one out for Zhivago.
Behind Jericho is...
Elaine.
Dat kiss.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Sweet Gluttony.

Zaneri, you have my love.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 10, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2017
I swear, I wanted to feel good about the reunion of Ban and Elaine but I could not help feeling bad for Jericho ... I have the impression that even if Ban did not realize he possibly began to develop feelings for her.
I love Ban and I feel bad that he is always thinking about his past without being able to move forward, I understand that he continues to love Elaine and that marked his destiny, but I think it would be the best thing to move forward at once. Those who died must be dead.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 10, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2017
I swear, I wanted to feel good about the reunion of Ban and Elaine but I could not help feeling bad for Jericho ... I have the impression that even if Ban did not realize he possibly began to develop feelings for her.
I love Ban and I feel bad that he is always thinking about his past without being able to move forward, I understand that he continues to love Elaine and that marked his destiny, but I think it would be the best thing to move forward at once. Those who died must be dead.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 18, 2020 4:14 AM

Apr 2013
That was one of the fastest power-ups in history. They should've spent one day more at the druid's place, after that they should've been able to beat those demons easily lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.