Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2018 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad for the finale. It felt kinda like every other episode but still featured the appealing character chemistry moments that I was looking for.

There's also shopping this episode and I'm glad to see the girls enjoy their time. There wasn't much storytelling overall in this show but still mostly enjoyable imo. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
It's over!!
it was a nice anime nice and laid back which was good.
The episode itself was also interesting it seems Eiko and the teacher might develop something if this continues.
Hana never buying any clothing at her age is a bit strange tho.
Mar 24, 2018 10:24 AM

Jan 2012
And in our finale the girls help Hana go clothes shopping when her mom gives her money to starting buying them on her own. Overall this was a solidly enjoyable cgdct show. I feel like every season needs to have at least one, just to sort of provide that cute, healing goodness. And this was this season's entrant for me. I guess a few other shows I watched like Mitsuboshi Colors might count too, but that felt like something else. This was the closest to a standard cgdct show. The highlight was, as I've made no secret in the past, Shion's big, beautiful tits. Simply glorious!  But uh yeah...that aside there's not really much else to say just...solid 7 out of 10.
Mar 24, 2018 10:38 AM

Apr 2016
END

Now, where is my Yuri spin-off ?
Mar 24, 2018 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty decent finale. Hana got to go shopping for her own clothes without her mom picking them out for her. This was an okay show overall, I had a good time watching it. 5/10
Mar 24, 2018 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
Oh man, I didn't want this to end.

I had a blast with this show, the characters were so likeable, at least now there is the manga (which the translations are currently behind the anime, but there is an update every 2-3 days, I really recommend to pick it up).

8/10 from my part, one of my favorite series from this season.
Mar 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2011
Nooo! pls I want more!

Kamuri again took some spotlight, along with Tama. Eiko's indirect kiss via candy :3

Ending was quite meh, not bad but not best either. Anyone read manga?

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
Why did MAL hate this so much? The score seems so low.
Mar 24, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
im so upset that this is the end of the series. I want more of this so badly.
Mar 24, 2018 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
It was an ok episode, 5/10 for the whole anime.
Does anyone know where the anime stops in the manga? If I decide to continue it, I wouldn't want to start at chapter 1 tbh.
Also why does it say on going? isn't this the last episode? A bug?
RPWPAMar 24, 2018 12:27 PM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 24, 2018 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
Hana gets so worked up over simple things, like picking an outfit. I guess it's not always simple, for girls (stereotyping anyway; no offense meant by it). Her new outfit was so adorable, and even Tama and Kamu liked it, after returning from the tuna cutting show. Eiko still knows how to make remarks that get good reactions from others, no matter if it's complimenting Hana's outfit or messing with their teacher. Hannen is trying really hard to take that class, even though she almost skips. Shion wearing her school uniform towards the end, just made day, along with her her shark outfit photo suggestion. They need to send a photo with Hana in the shark pajamas. Her mom will love it.

Well, I didn't feel like I liked this show in the middle, but I started loving the episodes towards the end. Really good and underappreciated series that I actually went back and forth with, for good reasons.

Mar 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Super average end to the show. It feels like there was very little progression of anything, and I'm not sure if there was even a joke somewhere in this episode.

A solid 3/10 series.
Mar 24, 2018 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
Sequel or Eiko/Enami spinoff. Thanks in advance.
Mar 24, 2018 3:04 PM

Sep 2015
Not what i expected from a last episode but was ok too.
8/10 because CGDCT is never too much.

I just wonder if we had a Shoujo Ai/Yuri spin off it would be Eiko or Sensei harem. They interactions in the show really catch the attention, Eiko just get more agressive every time.

Mar 24, 2018 3:21 PM

Jun 2017
Looks like an open ending so we might get a future season, I am alright with that. This is also among the udnerdog shows this season imo, the score is way lower than what it really deserves. I am gonna miss the super fluid animation quality too.

Lmao at Eiko baiting the sensei with the candy kiss lol, that was clever. Hana's dream was pretty funny too.
Mar 24, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2016
Decent anime, cute designs and good voice acting.

bump this from 5/10 to 6/10. I wanted to see more Eiko x Teacher(Kiyose) and the yandere girl.

The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 24, 2018 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
The final episode, THEY GONNA LEARN ABOUT THE SLOW START? You know... the whole reason this anime exists... Aiko and Teach being HELLA GAY in the halls again. And then it was just shopping and outfit changing, didn't feel special or anything really, was all pretty basic up until Hana finally spilled the beans OH WAIT NO SHE DIDN'T. Boy I'm stupid, I thought there would be PROGRESS IN A SLICE OF LIFE What a fool I am. Anyway, it's over now, 6/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 24, 2018 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
Hana buying her own outfits huh? Not bad :P The candy bit with the teacher was awesome lol, those yuri baits are freaking awesome XD Seems like she's the only one who can throw Eiko off her game lol. Glad Hannen was able to go to her course! I'm disappointed that we didn't have Hana reveal her secret to her friends, but I did think the show ended on a relatively positive note. One thing I will say though is that the animation in this episode looked very lazy to me ... >_<

Overall I'd say this show started off really good, especially animation wise, but seemed to taper off into averageness as it went on. The little details and subtleties of the first couple of episodes just couldn't be found later on and I just found myself less engaged in this show towards the middle. The characters were all fairly likeable and the music fit in well, and it was definitely rather fun and enjoyable to watch. Their friendship development was good too, but I do wish that we got a little more out of it with regards to the main "plot" of Hana's "slow start". As it was it ended on a fairly positive note which fit in well but I do think the quality slowly went downhill unfortunately ... still, a solid 6/10
Mar 24, 2018 5:30 PM
Apr 2016
Anyone knows the last song's title?
Mar 24, 2018 5:59 PM

May 2015
Decent finale, and an enjoyable show for what it was. Loved the characters and their interactions.

7/10.

Mar 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously, at that very moment I really thought that Hana's mother really try to abandon her. I mean really, she just close the phone off without even giving Hana what her thought about the money? Or maybe... It's just my thought for bad event (?) XD
I really wanted to see Hannen with her summer course. So curious about it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 24, 2018 7:14 PM
Jan 2018
Where can I read the manga? I want to know what happens next.
Mar 24, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2014
finally this garbage show is over.. nothing but yuri bait and the will they find out or not crap for 12 episodes..
Mar 24, 2018 10:03 PM
Mar 2015
The bears hugging each other was very cute
Mar 24, 2018 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
So...that's it? I mean I guess it's better then most Cute Girls doing Cute things anime but this ending was terrible. *shrug* Oh well Hannen is best girl and they left a lot open for a season 2.

6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2018 11:04 PM
Innocent PerVert

May 2014
crypticecliptic said:

seems you have not been in MAL that much lol.
People give low scores here in MAL when it comes to Cute girls doing cute things anime like this one. Its worse when it comes to ecchi/harem anime
Dont mind the score.
What matters is if you enjoyed it then good. if not then......idk why some people will watch the entire anime like some posts here in this forum

Mar 24, 2018 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
I can't say it's good way to end the series, but i find it enjoyable. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2018 11:29 PM

Jan 2012
YEEESSS!!!

Another cute episode.

It was wonderful to see Tama-chan successfully catching and glomping Kamuri.
Putting two excessively cute yet different girls together like that is the ultimate moe win.

Lolis FTW~!
Mar 24, 2018 11:35 PM

Jan 2018
Vert said:

seems you have not been in MAL that much lol.

I haven't! I'm still new and confused about the rating system. Even the reviews are never really good.

Also it was just today that I learned the term "CGDCT"! I don't know why MAL wouldn't like that, it was my favorite part! Everything was so cute and colorful and I enjoyed it very much.
Mar 24, 2018 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed my time with this but quite frankly if it wasn't for Eiko this whole series would've felt even more weak than it already did as far as CGDCT go, Eiko was more of a main character despite not being the actual one(i'd watch a spin off of her) and there was a bit of charm between not only her but the other characters ,tho classmates didn't get much screen time waste of all those unique designs

animation was top notch needlessly but still impressive that they kept it up for most of the season

but i'm giving it a 6/10 almost a 7 because for me we're at the point were most of the CGDCT that come out now a days can't reach the level of shows like Kiniro Mosaic, Non Non Biyori and Gochuumon and end up doing the bare minimum while relying on lewding it up in hopes of"selling more" it's not all that bad since it's usually pretty tame but i need more stuff like Yuru Camp and less of stuff like Hinako Note.

also even for a SOL this was quite the lackluster ending should have swapped last week and this one around to end things on the summer festival
katsu044Mar 24, 2018 11:55 PM
Mar 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Jul 2016
Average series from start to end in my opinion. I don't know if it was because of the "basic" plot (a girl who lost a school year) or the characters themselves but I wasn't really interested in the anime as with other CGDCT shows. 5/10 - Not bad but not good either.

P.S.: Hiroe was probably the most interesting character and the cutest one in my opinion. I wish her the best :)
Mar 25, 2018 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
I was still hoping that Hana would tell her friends about her gap year, but it looks like I'll need to read the manga just to see if it happens there. Either way, I still think the last episode, despite the open ending, was good.

From the likes of Tama FINALLY being successful at capturing Kamuri, who was also accepting of her hug, Eiko and the teacher's constant yuri-baiting conversations and Hannen finally gaining the courage to attend the summer courses, there was still plenty of good and funny scenes that this episode had to offer.

Overall, Slow Start will most likely be forgotten from the likes of super popular shows like Violet Evergarden, Darling in the FRANXX and other SoL or CGDCT shows like Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe, but this show has its own charm. Nice voice acting, catchy soundtrack and the animation, where it was refreshing to see such fluidity of the animation in even the most normal type of scenes, so good job A-1 Pictures. =)

7/10 is my final score for this underrated charmful show. ^_^
Mar 25, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
Its kind of weird that she lets her parents buy and chooser her clothes. But she's a first year, so there's a start. And I agree with others that she choose the best one for her. Cute yet mature clothes would be good for her. Tama and Kamu-chan are getting along well. Eiko and Sensei are getting more yuri vibes. Hiroe, finally having to step on forward. Good luck.

And its the finale episode and Hana has still not told her friends her gap year. But that's find. No biggie. THe series had a decent finale and and a decent moe SoL series overall. Lots of funny and cute scenes. All the characters are decent.

Another slice of life anime has ended. Its sad that's there's no relaxing camping, and blonde eating ramen on thursday, and now there'll be no slow start every Saturday. Sigh.

7/10
Mar 25, 2018 3:46 AM
Jun 2017
A fine finale episode for me, i mean a typical episode for them (i mean by hanging at each other)...

* im just sad since her secret has not been revealed to her friends. well she said in the end of the episode that she hopes soon she could...
Mar 25, 2018 4:29 AM

Nov 2013
Almost drop this after 2 episodes, but series kept getting better afterwards. 7/10 from me.
Mar 25, 2018 6:37 AM

Jan 2018
So, the real focus is actually how Hana deal with her "Late for a year" world then. I thought it would end with her tell the truth about herself. But, never mind, this show isn't bad though. It's fair to get 7/10 from me.

Ahh, now i lost my "Cute weekend", so sad. And i don't find anything cute in spring list for replace this anime :(
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Mar 25, 2018 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
That didn't really feel like an ending, but the show was pretty enjoyable overall. I can't believe she didn't spoil her secret though. Seemed like the whole point. Oh well. Also, Hannen was best girl.
Mar 25, 2018 8:10 AM

Mar 2016
Hana is a great MC, Hiroe is great too. That's pretty much it. Ironically, it wasn't much of a slow start, as I think it lost steam as it went on.
Mar 25, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2009
Boring yuribait. Waste of time with occasional great animation.
Mar 25, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:

It's neither boring nor bait.
Mar 25, 2018 11:53 AM

May 2009
Anon028 said:
bastek66 said:

It's neither boring nor bait.

It is bait, don't delude yourself.
Mar 25, 2018 2:20 PM

Sep 2013
8/10 it had a Slow Start but it got itself together, very endearing.
Hana hasn't told her secret yet but she is more confident in herself :)
Mar 25, 2018 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:

It's not, you just need to read the manga to easily disprove that. And now it's a good time to do it now that the anime is over.
Mar 25, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2009
Anon028 said:
bastek66 said:

It's not, you just need to read the manga to easily disprove that. And now it's a good time to do it now that the anime is over.

I don't care about manga whether is yurishit or not, anime is only a bait.
Mar 25, 2018 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
I feel this show could have been way better than it was, they gave too much focus and screen time to the 4 main characters and forgot to develop Hana. I liked what they did on ep. 8, forcing Hana to get out of her comfort zone and interact with the rest of the class, but on the next episode they simply went back to the same old, same old. I mean, why? It would have been way better if they made Hana join Takahashi's club, that way the show would have something more than just the overused CGDCT from the past episodes.

On the positive side though, there's Hannen. She's probably the reason I didn't drop the show sooner, I really liked how they made her overcome her social anxiety, and I was grinning like an idiot seeing her struggling to decide whether or not to enter the prep school, I'm so glad she made it. Damn, they should've just used Hannen as MC and call it a day, it would made the show SO much better.
Mar 25, 2018 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed this show overall 7/10. The final episode is one of those "an ending that doesn't feel like an ending" ending. I would watch more if it ever has an S2.
Mar 25, 2018 6:38 PM

Jan 2017
It was a surprisingly enjoyable show. I wouldn't mind a second season.
Mar 25, 2018 8:09 PM

Dec 2015
crypticecliptic said:

You haven't even seen hakyuu houshin engi's mal score

the score for that anime is laughably bad
hi
Mar 26, 2018 2:49 AM

Jan 2015
Since when is 7 a bad score? Most people don't realize the ratings go from 1-10 and instead, use something like 5-10 where 5 is terrible. That's why the overall scores are usually completely useless.

This was a pretty chill SoL show. 5/10
Mar 26, 2018 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:

I don't care about manga whether is yurishit or not, anime is only a bait.

Anime alone can't be judged for something like that because it isn't the full story, Slow Start is a manga first and foremost, so the anime can't be something when it's only a fraction of what Slow Start is.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

89 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.