Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh they're giving more screen time between Hiroe and Eiko this episode. Tbh, Hiroe didn't look too good.

So many hairpins for Eiko though! Lucky girl but I think she felt a bit overwhelmed lol
Feb 17, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
A episode about Eiko and the teacher who seem to be getting close to each other in an almost romantic way.
I guess we could expect somewhat of a forbidden relationship between the two which would be interesting to watch.
Feb 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
The teacher is the one person Eiko can't conquer. XD
Well she does technically admit that their teacher is her type. xD

I loved the moment where she walks out and wonders how after feeling like she was winning all this time, she lost. XD

That ED card. :o
Feb 17, 2018 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
The yuri bait is strong with this one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
Eiko's Birthday and the no good, very drunk Sensei! No show! Bad show! No yuri undertones between teacher and student! Meh episode really, not one shot of Shion and her big, beautiful tits! Feh!
Feb 17, 2018 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Eiko looks so pretty with all those hairpins on her hair. The teacher is certainly cute when drunk.
Feb 17, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
That was honestly a great episode and I'm quite shocked at the fact that I liked the Eiko-Kiyose interactions as much as I did, it just worked so well.
Feb 17, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Swagernator said:
The yuri bait is strong with this one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The yuri is strong.
Feb 17, 2018 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually wondering if it's going to take a pretty dark turn by the end of the series - All the girls are hiding secrets which could cause problems between them.
Feb 17, 2018 12:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
TheGameplayer said:
I'm actually wondering if it's going to take a pretty dark turn by the end of the series - All the girls are hiding secrets which could cause problems between them.
The story does seem to have a bit of an edgy undertone, but I'd be surprised if something bad happened in this one.
Feb 17, 2018 1:02 PM

Sep 2015
We already have a romance between a school girl and a adult this season, but i guess we can make room for one more...
Feb 17, 2018 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Cratex said:
TheGameplayer said:
The story does seem to have a bit of an edgy undertone, but I'd be surprised if something bad happened in this one.

At the moment, it could go either way :

Either Hana can tell her friends her secret before anyone else can and Eiko and co accept it without any problems.

Or

Eiko hears it from a very drunk Kiyose (either due to spite on Kyose behalf or Kyose thinking she's helping Hana) and no longer accepts Hana's friendship.

I'm heading towards the second option myself : Whilst Eiko obviously likes her teacher, it's hard to tell whether Kiyose feels the same or dislikes her.
Feb 17, 2018 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
Eiko-Kiyose, Eiko wants the V but doesn't know it yet.
It's her B-day too and she tells Hana her secret.
Feb 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2016
I liked Eiko's interactions with their sensei, but it seemed to be just randomly placed. It was funny, but they could've fit it into the flow better. Eiko had too many hair pins, even though it was her birthday. She was really happy that their sensei was wearing a necklace she made, and she told Hana her secret. It made Hana a bit more comfortable about telling her friends her secret some time, so the episode advanced that sub-plot, at least.

Feb 17, 2018 2:32 PM

Dec 2011
I don't know why but I feel a really strange bad vibe from Eiko.
What is she doing outside at this moment in the night ? (When she meets drunk Sensei)

She stays at Teacher's home. And seems to have feelings for her.

I thought it was a cute and innocent anime but something feels really weird and I don't enjoy it.
Feb 17, 2018 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
Raikiri29 said:
I don't know why but I feel a really strange bad vibe from Eiko.
What is she doing outside at this moment in the night ? (When she meets drunk Sensei)

She stays at Teacher's home. And seems to have feelings for her.

I thought it was a cute and innocent anime but something feels really weird and I don't enjoy it.

I think Eiko has some other secret that she's not telling anyone about - after all, she didn't mention her sister nor the fact that she makes jewellery...
Feb 17, 2018 2:37 PM

Jun 2017
I guess we all had our suspicions that Eiko swings the other way but this pretty much confirms it lol. When she realized she got owned that was gold lol.
Feb 17, 2018 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Kamuri probably does too, based on her dream a few episodes ago - after all Eiko and her are always together
Feb 17, 2018 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
I love the teacher so much tbh, best character for me and her design is great.
the episode is bad imo tho because i'm not sure anymore which genre or way it wants to go in, we see episodes where this is just friends doing stuff and then we see some other episodes with them wanting to fuck each other it's just all over the place and that makes it seem horrible.
Phenomenal animation nonetheless.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 17, 2018 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
When Hana and Eiko talk about secrets and stuff, I felt like Eiko (+ everyone maybe?) knows already (6th sense?) about Hana's situation, or maybe I just think too much :P

Hana, it's okay to tell already :( don't worry too much.
GaichiFeb 17, 2018 3:25 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 17, 2018 3:25 PM

Jun 2017
My reaction:

I suppose people who had read the manga were expecting this, but it got me by surprise. I still prefer the "slow start" plot though. Next week it will be revealed that Tama-chan comes from the future. Kamuri is still hiding her dragon nature from the others so it shouldn't be that great a deal.

Feb 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Jul 2017
This is by far the best ep yet, I want more ep like this
Feb 17, 2018 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
I knew there was something going on between the two based on their interactions the previous episodes but that's some quality yuri ship right there. Think that's the first time I've seen a yuri teacher x student pairing.

Eiko putting on all those hairpin was cute.
Feb 17, 2018 4:54 PM

Apr 2013

Well...this is definitely surpassing the threshold of what could be considered an undertone or a joke. Not that I take issue with that at all.
SJ7izmFeb 17, 2018 5:32 PM
Feb 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Jul 2011
Kamu, pls don't fall to dark side (yandere) D:

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 17, 2018 5:04 PM

Apr 2015
A lot of focus on Eiko this episode, having to help her own teacher get home cause she was drunk is kinda funny, especially after the teacher said she's the adult.

Stark700 said:
Heh they're giving more screen time between Hiroe and Eiko this episode. Tbh, Hiroe didn't look too good.

I thought I was missing something at a certain point, but we didnt get to see Hiroe this episode, it was the teacher Kiyose
Feb 17, 2018 7:21 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Eiko x Enami-sensei looked so good. They should have their own anime, a teacher-student yuri anime. That would be great.
Feb 17, 2018 7:22 PM

Jan 2015
Aaww, so Eiko can be flustered when that kind of thing happened huh? So sweet. :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 17, 2018 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
Well then i don't know what to say about this lol it's so weird how removing the music change the tone so much from all the typical CGDCT fluff

what started as some yuri bait /a joke has turned into full on Eiko's harem and i really wanna see if this goes somewhere else at this rate
Feb 17, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
As always, a nearly excessive amount of implied yuri surrounding Eiko...

Eiko is quite open about her intent to pursue the teacher and is actively working at it. Teacher's casual behavior is triggering Eiko's sensitive side. Eiko's reaction to Kamuri's comment suggests that she also feels committed to be with Kamuri and is just out to have fun with all the other girls.

I.E. Eiko belongs to Kamuri, and all others belong to Eiko.
She just seems to be having a hard time making the teacher fall for her without falling for her first (Teacher is "winning" Eiko's affection before Eiko can win teacher's)

Still, this show is filling the cuteness quota - and that's all that really matters.
All that loli glomping makes it just that much better...

Lolis FTW ~!
NyaaFeb 17, 2018 9:49 PM
Feb 17, 2018 10:45 PM
Jan 2018
Lol I love this show. It just keeps on getting better and better. Hope for a good ending please.
Feb 17, 2018 10:47 PM

Jan 2017
This was the best episode Slow Start has had so far, and that's even with (imo) receiving negative points from me personally for the awkward teacher-student insinuation. Other than that, it was entertaining and actually interesting, which for me it hasn't been most of the season.

Feb 18, 2018 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Gaichi said:
When Hana and Eiko talk about secrets and stuff, I felt like Eiko (+ everyone maybe?) knows already (6th sense?) about Hana's situation, or maybe I just think too much :P

Hana, it's okay to tell already :( don't worry too much.

Eiko could have guessed already and their little talk was insinuating that she knew already or that she knows that Hana has a secret, but doesn't know what.
Feb 18, 2018 2:46 AM

Feb 2014
The yuri-baiting was very strong for this episode, with almost all of it focused on birthday girl Eiko. It's a shame that she coudn't keep the huge amount of hair-clips on her all day, since it looked really nice on her.

It's also the first episode where Enami-sensei got a lot of screentime too. Who knows what Eiko was doing in the evening, but it was really kind of her to help the drunk Enami back to her apartment and stayed for the night as well, as awkward as it sounds. =P

Eiko was also kind enough to show her secret sight-seeing relaxation spot to Hana and told her about her hobby of making her own accessories that she wears, but also goes on sale at her family's variety shop, in which Enami brought one of her necklaces that she made. I'm hoping now that this will give Hana more confidence to tell her friends about her actual age and starting high school a year late, since I'm sure that they'll fully understand and support her even more. =)
Feb 18, 2018 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, such lovely Yuri bait lol

I mean, it was already implied Eiko liked flirting around with girls, but she's into the older types, eh.

Either way, still very cute and heart-warming :)
Feb 18, 2018 4:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
By far the best episode. You can see what a bond these four girls share together and this was a delight to watch here.

I feel like they cranked up the animation again, too, they just keep this up :o

The second part was really heartwarming. Eiko and the teacher had the best chemistry for all of them.
Feb 18, 2018 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
I need more Enami sensei in my life. Holy shit she is smoking hot! Something about all black and those stockings...woof.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 18, 2018 6:21 AM
Jun 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So many hairpins for Eiko though! Lucky girl but I think she felt a bit overwhelmed lol

Eiko x sensei...

I'll back that ship!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Feb 18, 2018 6:33 AM

Sep 2013
I knew Eiko episodes were bad but that was really awful. Like really really awful, it felt like the monotony lasted over an hour. If there's another episode like this one then I'll drop it no qualms.
RetoleeFeb 18, 2018 6:36 AM
Feb 18, 2018 7:14 AM

Apr 2011
The Yuri baiting is strong on this one.
Feb 18, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
BEST EPISODE!

I didn't expect what happened but I'm very satisfied. The chemistry between Enami and Eiko is great, she always likes to flirt with girls but loses very easily with the teacher. I totally support the Eiko x Enami now.
Feb 18, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2007
Hairpin Christmas tree! :D

Nice, Sensei! I guess that's a tie in the end, they both can equally play each other. :D

Can't beat Kamu, though. ^_^

She really is a good teacher in the end, though...

Drunk Sensei sure has problems... :D

Kamu might just have reason to get jealous here, Eiko's so good at seducing even their teacher... Or is it the other way around...? These two really are pretty similar, and affect each other in similar ways as well.

Wait... Did Eiko make that necklace? (later: And there we go, confirmed!)

Hana is quite sharp at times. And at other times overthinking things too much.

Hana sure gets a lot of hugs this episode.

That endcard, though...
luinthoronFeb 18, 2018 11:55 AM
Feb 18, 2018 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
Don't know why but to me I have a strong feeling that Eiko is actually older than she seems...I would ship her and the teacher together as I actually look at Eiko as being like Hana - for some reason she is behind in school.

that's just me though...probably.

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Feb 18, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2007
Canaan said:
Don't know why but to me I have a strong feeling that Eiko is actually older than she seems...I would ship her and the teacher together as I actually look at Eiko as being like Hana - for some reason she is behind in school.

As much as she may seem more mature than the others, she still has been Kamu's classmate before as well, though.
Feb 18, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
luinthoron said:
Canaan said:

As much as she may seem more mature than the others, she still has been Kamu's classmate before as well, though.

Could have also been held back before in another school. never know. can happen and has happened. :p

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Feb 18, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2007
Canaan said:
Could have also been held back before in another school. never know. can happen and has happened. :p

Seeing how these two were together in elementary before going to separate middle schools, it seems highly unlikely, though.
Feb 18, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:
Hairpin Christmas tree! :D

Nice, Sensei! I guess that's a tie in the end, they both can equally play each other. :D

Can't beat Kamu, though. ^_^

She really is a good teacher in the end, though...

Drunk Sensei sure has problems... :D

Kamu might just have reason to get jealous here, Eiko's so good at seducing even their teacher... Or is it the other way around...? These two really are pretty similar, and affect each other in similar ways as well.

Wait... Did Eiko make that necklace? (later: And there we go, confirmed!)

Hana is quite sharp at times. And at other times overthinking things too much.

Hana sure gets a lot of hugs this episode.

That endcard, though...

I wouldn't say she's a particularly good teacher - aside from the fact she doesn't like her job much, most of what she does after sobering up is really to save herself
Feb 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2007
TheGameplayer said:
I wouldn't say she's a particularly good teacher - aside from the fact she doesn't like her job much, most of what she does after sobering up is really to save herself

Well, she and Eiko do have some interesting chemistry there and she certainly isn't as good at handling her as she'd like to be, but what made me say this was seeing her her talk with Hana.
Feb 18, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2012

Eiko should just forget about her harem and go for Kiyose.
Feb 18, 2018 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:
TheGameplayer said:

Well, she and Eiko do have some interesting chemistry there and she certainly isn't as good at handling her as she'd like to be, but what made me say this was seeing her her talk with Hana.

That can be taken multiple ways really - it's hard to tell if Kiyose is happy that Hana made friends quickly, jealous or completely indifferent.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

82 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.