Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime of the season for you?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 14, 2018 8:50 PM

Aug 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Lord_Lamington said:
A Place Further Than The Universe or that ramen one. they're just so boring

I thought this was a joke at first, but I guess it isn't. Sora yori the worst anime of the season? Like wat?

Yeah i honestly don't know why i'm finding it so boring. everything about it seems really good, the characters, animation, story. It looks like something i would enjoy. But i just have zero interest in watching it. i've kinda been forcing myself to watch it hoping that i'll start enjoying it but im up to episode 9 now and still not feeling it.
Mar 14, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2015
Lord_Lamington said:
Kittens-kun said:

I thought this was a joke at first, but I guess it isn't. Sora yori the worst anime of the season? Like wat?

Yeah i honestly don't know why i'm finding it so boring. everything about it seems really good, the characters, animation, story. It looks like something i would enjoy. But i just have zero interest in watching it. i've kinda been forcing myself to watch it hoping that i'll start enjoying it but im up to episode 9 now and still not feeling it.

I'd say just continue watching it. There's only a few episodes left, and who knows, maybe you'll start liking it a little more, even if there's a small chance of that happening.

Mar 14, 2018 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
Kittens-kun said:
Lord_Lamington said:

I'd say just continue watching it. There's only a few episodes left, and who knows, maybe you'll start liking it a little more, even if there's a small chance of that happening.

Sora yori and Yuru Camp didn't drastically improve like VE did since episode 5 or had a turbulence in the run like Darling in the FRANXX with hit or miss episodes week in week out. Both shows steadily became more and more lovable by each passing episode. So, I don't see it happening in the remaining 4 episodes which didn't happen in the first 9 episodes for Lord.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2018 9:55 PM

Dec 2015
Overlord season 2 or killing bites, but I couldn't withstand finishing the first ep of killing bites so I cant really judge it
Mar 14, 2018 9:57 PM

Jan 2015
@winddevil1 his favorite character is in the worst anime of the season. Pffft sorry i meant best, dont hit me :<
Mar 14, 2018 10:09 PM
Jun 2017
Seeing these answers made me think a got the fucking jackpot.

From this season i'm watching Sora yori, Yuru Camp,Violet Evergarden, Darling in the FranXX, Citrus, Kokkoku, Karakai, Magu's Bride, Garo and Black Clover.

Altough Citrus and Black Clover have some huge issues, i'm enjoying every single show i'm watching. Sora yori and Yuru Camp are the biggest surprises to me, as i never thought i would enjoy this kind of anime.

I'm really new to the concept of watching anime as they air, but i think i'll remember this season as the first one that i really enjoyed.
Mar 14, 2018 10:16 PM

Aug 2017
Killing Bites of course. Grancrest_Senki and Kokkoku.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2018 4:19 AM

Jun 2016
Darling's Evangelion worship is getting to the point of blatant plagiarism (actually, it hit that point with the cross scene), and yes I know some of the same people worked on it, but still. I had high expectations after the first few episodes and then it just became...that.

I had high hopes for Citrus because it seemed like it would be a more serious, melancholic take on yuri, boy, was I wrong.

And last but not least, I like Violet Evergarden, but they really should have gotten their own character design and not just blatantly ripped off Arturia.
Mar 15, 2018 4:21 AM

Jun 2016
Burguburu said:
Killing Bites of course. Grancrest_Senki and Kokkoku.

But Killing Bites is the right kind of worst. It's absolute trash, but it's so much fun.
Mar 15, 2018 4:37 AM

Sep 2017
Beatless is easily the worst anime this season.

I could go on a huge rant about it but i don't want to make a long post.
Mar 15, 2018 4:43 AM

Jan 2017
Pop team epic, Citrus and Killing bites
each one is pure trash
Mar 15, 2018 4:49 AM

Nov 2013
Hirugiku said:
@winddevil1 his favorite character is in the worst anime of the season. Pffft sorry i meant best, dont hit me :<

we all know gin no guardian is the best of the season right? =D

Vorpality said:

And last but not least, I like Violet Evergarden, but they really should have gotten their own character design and not just blatantly ripped off Arturia.

even if she can be similar, not every blond girl is a ripoff of saber =D she doesn't even scream EX-CALIBUUUUR :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 15, 2018 4:49 AM

Mar 2017
Definitely Death March for me.I dislike it and dropped it after just watching one episode
Mar 15, 2018 4:50 AM

Apr 2017
I haven't watched everything but I hated everything about Citrus.
Mar 15, 2018 4:51 AM

Feb 2016
#1 Darling in the Franxx
#2 Violet Evergarden
#3 Citrus
Mar 15, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2016
Lord_Lamington said:
Kittens-kun said:

I recommend to put it on hold for now and come back after a while when you feel like watching it,otherwise it be really a waste.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 15, 2018 4:59 AM
Apr 2017
i found most of what i watched boring, and dropped it
beatless
vilete evergarden
AICO
devilman
darling in the frankxx
killing bites
kokkoku
im not that big of anime fan, i like to be entertained
but these are boring
ill give frankxx its shere
its so stupid, yet i cant stop watching how just bad it is
Mar 15, 2018 5:09 AM

Jul 2017
These are the ones that imo the worst anime this season:

Beatless
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Grancrest Senki
Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san
Sanrio Danshi
Mar 15, 2018 5:24 AM

Apr 2016
None. All the anime I'm watching are pretty good. I obviously avoided the ones I know I won't enjoy before the season started.
Mar 15, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2017
From what I'm watching right now, only Black Clover was really dissapointing. Oh and Grancrest Senki. And I don't really like Citrus either, but I'm telling myself that it's just because I'm NOT a fan of yuri, and I should've been aware of that when I started watching Citrus..
Mar 15, 2018 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
Black Clover was..... I couldn't finish even the first episode. The MC was the pure embodiment of what being a Retard means.

But generally, I feel like I will lose interest in anime soon if things continue to progress at this rate. I find it harder and harder with each passing season to find any good anime to watch
Mar 15, 2018 12:18 PM
Sep 2017
Definitely Citrus. My god, I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't force myself to keep on watching. I also keep getting disappointed in Death March even though I liked how the series started off.
Mar 15, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Beatless, jesus that is an empty show.
Mar 15, 2018 1:57 PM

Jun 2017
I'm watching like 4 so Darling in the Franxx by process of elimination.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Mar 15, 2018 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
winddevil1 said:
Hirugiku said:

we all know gin no guardian is the best of the season right? =D

Vorpality said:

even if she can be similar, not every blond girl is a ripoff of saber =D she doesn't even scream EX-CALIBUUUUR :v

Yeah okay, this is totally a coincidence. There is blonde characters and then there's this.
Mar 15, 2018 2:01 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Not counting continuing series, probably Kokkoku. It's okay, but not spectacular by any means. Sure, I'm not as into Pop Team Epic as everyone else seems to be, but at least it has high production values and really interesting ideas. Kokkoku has a great opening and that's about it.

Mar 15, 2018 6:02 PM

Sep 2010
I dropped Pop Team Epic with a 4/10. The first two episodes were funny then the formula of repeating the episode with small changes got old real quick. It would've been much better 12 minutes long.

I didn't even bother putting Citrus on my drop list I just deleted the entry from the list. One I didn't have time and two I was probably going to drop it anyways so I just saved myself some time.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 15, 2018 6:31 PM

Mar 2017
probably killing bites for me. don't know why they adapted it into an anime

Mar 15, 2018 6:34 PM
Jun 2015
Black Clover i think, after watch 5 episode i already stop. Too much filler element make anime so boring.
Mar 15, 2018 7:39 PM

Jun 2011
Gakuen Babysitters... pretty much garbage. (and I say this as an intended audience member)
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 15, 2018 7:49 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I've only seen 5 this season ao the worst out of them would be pop team epic
I thought it would be funny, but it wasn't
Mar 15, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2014
FranXX and it's failed attempt to be a character driven story, ofc.
That Trigger's C team, right? Maybe D...

Surprised people didn't give actual reasons on why they think Last Encore is bad. I was ready to white knight it too.
Mar 15, 2018 9:36 PM

Jun 2016
Irrupt said:
Surprised people didn't give actual reasons on why they think Last Encore is bad. I was ready to white knight it too.

If you've played Extra/CCC/Extella, you can see Nasu is lying and it's either a distant sequel or a Heaven's Feel-esque dark route version of the story.

A lot of people were expecting a direct adaption, I think that's where the hate is coming from, aside from some people not liking the art style.
Mar 15, 2018 10:23 PM
Jul 2018
For me, my properly worse show would have to be Marchen Madchen as I dropped that in Episode 2 as I couldn't stand the MC.
Mar 15, 2018 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
Vorpality said:
Yeah okay, this is totally a coincidence. There is blonde characters and then there's this.

Thanks for this! Now I can appreciate Violet much, much more because she looks more dazzling from every angle. ❤

Coronavirus.
Mar 15, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2013
Death March, but I don't hate it enough to drop it. It's still somewhat entertaining despite the below average animation and typical isekai setting. Tbh, I'm enjoying all of the shows that I'm watching from this current season. Last season was pretty disappointing compared to this one in my opinion.

Mar 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
Vorpality said:

Thanks for this! Now I can appreciate Violet much, much more because she looks more dazzling from every angle. ❤

Are you sure you can tell which one is Violet and which one is Saber?
Mar 16, 2018 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
Vorpality said:
shanimebib said:

Yep. The beautiful doll like one is Violet. The plain cardboard like one is Saber. I am actually very impressed how they modelled such a beautiful doll based on such a plain cardboard. I will stop looking at them side by side for the time being though as I am genuinely starting to pity Saber's design. :/
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2018 12:23 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
👏SAN👏RIO👏FRIGGEN👏DANSHI

Citrus is bad too, but Sanrio Danshi just leaves me frustrated. I keep asking myself, "Why would they do this??"

I wasn't as picky as I usually am when adding shows to my list for this season; I paid the price. I don't like most of the shows I picked up this season-- or some I just don't have strong opinions on.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 16, 2018 1:13 AM

Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
Vorpality said:

Yep. The beautiful doll like one is Violet. The plain cardboard like one is Saber. I am actually very impressed how they modelled such a beautiful doll based on such a plain cardboard. I will stop looking at them side by side for the time being though as I am genuinely starting to pity Saber's design. :/

I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I sure hope so.

Mar 16, 2018 1:20 AM

Jun 2016
Uh. Probably not qualified to say anything because im not watching too much, and im enjoying them all. So it's less "worst of the season" for me and more "least liked but i still kinda like it" of the season. And that would be Ito Junji Collection. It just goes back and forth from REALLY good eps to REALLY meh/bad eps. But that's to be expected with an anthology series really. Animation quality is def meh though.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Mar 16, 2018 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
Beatless far surpassed my expectations. I thought it would be generic trash I could watch to pass the time. I was wrong.
Mar 16, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2017
Can't say I have a worst anime of the season since I am curently enjoying everything I'm watching.
Overlord 2 is, I think, worse than the first season, but I still enjoy it regardless.
Mar 16, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
Citrus and fate/extra last encore for this season and black clover for previous season
Worst anime from my watching list but still kinda enjoying it

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Mar 16, 2018 7:24 AM

Sep 2017
probably Citrus, I wasn't in the target audience though lol
Mar 16, 2018 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. The show is so boring for me since the jokes take a long time to get to and they aren't even that funny. The soul reason I'll keep watching is because of those foreheads.
Mar 16, 2018 9:04 AM

Jul 2015
Continuing from last season: Mahoutsukai no Yome

That I dropped: Darling in the FranXX

That I'm still watching that started this season: Violet Evergarden.
Mar 16, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2014
The ones I rated the lowest, which would be Overlord 2, Mitsuboshi Colors and Black Clover, although there's a few others I dislike a lot too.
Mar 16, 2018 9:14 AM
Dec 2017
HAS EVERYBODY FORGOTTEN GRANDCREST SENKI the most shitiest anime for my opinion this year
Mar 16, 2018 11:30 AM

May 2017
I'm not watching a lot from this season, mostly because there was so much that sounded uninteresting. From what I've watched and started, I've only dropped Marchen Maedchen.
I was pretty excited for it actually. The art was cute, the MC seemed sweet and a book nerd, and it would be my first magical girl animu besides Madoka/Sailor Moon/PreCure. But it was baaaad. I dropped it because I couldn't make myself watch anymore. It just plain sucked.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

3 by FanofAction »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

4 by Rinrinka »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

47 by LostSpectre »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.