Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2018 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, some of the characters in this series really have colorful attitudes.

I had mixed thoughts on the comedy from this episode. They really tried to make Maria look silly but feels forced. On the other hand, the background story told from Maria's point of view had a feel of sadness.
Feb 22, 2018 9:28 AM
Nov 2017
Was kinda hoping they'd either lock themselves in the storeroom or spend so much time on so many failed schemes they'd be too tired to make it to the tournament in the morning.
Feb 22, 2018 9:51 AM

Jun 2015
I kinda feel bad for Maria. She wants to get smarter so she can overcome her naivety . It was amusing to watch her comrades trying to help her. The schemes they come up with were just silly.
Feb 22, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
Oh god, the art of this show is getting uglier with each episode. Looks like the animators aren't even trying now. The faces are bit too weird looking for me.

The Russian team was pretty dumb. It was surprisingly entertaining to watch their silliness.

Feb 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
That bath scene was one of most adorable things ever. Not even for lewdness. It's not often that anime bath scenes are cute. The milk stuff was a really nice twist too. The russian girls were freaking out so much when it didn't work. Shizuka really wanted to use her magic inside that mitten, and the "lovey dovey" scene was my favorite in the episode. Hazuki really does just want to be closer to Shizuka, and even admitted when she's willing to forgive the incident because she got to sleep next to her. Some of these events would usually be handled more seriously, but I love them more because they took the half-serious + comedy route instead, so they weren't just another serious magic school competition incident.

Feb 22, 2018 12:01 PM

Feb 2007
After that dark and foreboding start, the Russians sure come up with the silliest plans...
Feb 22, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2013
Russian dorks XD
They try to sabotage the nippon team but maria stops them, the USA girl should be the culprit in messing up her book.
Feb 22, 2018 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
Oh well, so there won't be any problem for the Japanese's cheating.

This episode with the Russian team stuff was unexpectedly funny. Animation quality took a dip (not that it has ever been great). Seems like the tournament will finally start next week. If they really intend to finish the tournament with the remaining episodes, the other teams' most likely won't be fleshed out like Russian's team.
Feb 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Jun 2017
I was afraid we'd get more forced drama but it was a nice surprise that the Russian branch girls turned out to be adorable idiots, that was amusing for real.
Feb 22, 2018 4:38 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was surprisingly good and funny, I think they should keep focusing on the comedy like this in the future
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2018 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
The faces does look a bit off from time to time in this episode but at least it isn't as bad as Itou Junji Collection 5th episode in the second half. That was easily one of the worst animation moment for this season, and in comparison to Marchen Madchen as a whole, this show have way better animation overall.

Beside, I feel that the overwhelmingly funny antics that were done by the Russian team completely trump everything else as I haven't laughed that much for quite a while. Really like their overdramatic response to the milk and the love letter section. Also, as a yuri fan, seeing Hazuki and Shizuka getting close to another is really mesmerising, not to mention that Shizuka doesn't even rejected the notion that she's being "lovey-dovey" with Hazuki, as Yumilia Qazan pointed it out. In another different issue, yuri shows like Citrus and Slow Start that is airing this season is expected to sell poorly too, which is really sad but not unpredictable at all, looking at past trend. I'm just gonna take whatever form of it as much as I could, be it either subtext or not.

I'm still enjoying this show very much despite of its glaring faults (which doesn't hampered me at all) and I'm looking forward to stick with it until the end. The second season for this doesn't seems to be possible at all, too.

Edit : That free wifi sign just crack me up. Totally relatable even though they're in the world of magic.

(Copy paste from my reddit comment.)

Also, 5.99 rating now, huh? Meh, who cares as long as I'm having fun with this show.
Feb 23, 2018 3:58 AM

Oct 2007
For one scary moment, I thought the russian team wanted to poison Hazuki.. well, turns out they only want to make her drink milk. The love letter had me laughing all the way.. comrade Maria can't write, so another person writes it.. then they discover that there's FREE wifi, so Hazuki isn't trapped. xD

Well, they eventually got more serious... the russian girl with the mittens has a cool ability - her power reminds me of someone from Hunter X Hunter anime. Yumilia thought she won... but the russian has a backup plan.

Comrade Tatiana is a good person.. I think everyone in the russian team is a good person. The only mistake they did is thinking it's ok to cheat after someone sabotaged Tatiana's book.
Liddo-kunFeb 23, 2018 6:50 AM
Feb 23, 2018 4:32 AM
Jun 2017
Love this russian students... yPA!!! Hahaha!!! Cant wait for their real battle!!! Nice episode prior to their match!!!
Feb 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Feb 2016
lol, that was exceedingly stupid. Those Russians lost before they even have a chance to fight.

Highlight of the episode, Hazuki managed to "sleep" with Shizuka
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 23, 2018 4:09 PM
Jan 2017
The Russian team's antics where both funny and endearing, thanks to their decency as people despite their cheating. I actually liked that Hazuki and the others were so quick to forgive because they were in the same situation.
Feb 24, 2018 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
I really thought the Russian team would be a troublesome group but it seems that they are a bit goof and seems like they would get along with Hazuki & Shizuka as good friends!
4/5.

Feb 24, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, the faces were badly drawn but the episode was fucking hilarious. I really thought the Russian team was going to be very serious but it turned out to be very silly xD.

I liked Tatiana very much, she is so kind and adorable that I really felt bad that she is always taken for a fool.

And the score of this series really makes me sad, I know it doesn't really matter but it's one of those cases in which I find it very unfair, I mean, 5.98!
Feb 25, 2018 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
Russian team is very nice! Tatiana is very naive.
Feb 25, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2009
"Ypa!" xD

It's obvious: it's that USA girl who's most likely the culprit of Tatiana's turmoil. She tried to sabotage the preliminary match between the Japanese school and the Coalition school. I bet she also sabotaged Tatiana's Origin so the Russian school can't fight at full strength.

I like Tatiana. She may be too naïve, but I like how she's very honest, sincere, and decent. She chose to stop her comrades from cheating even if it means fighting in the tournament in a handicapped condition.

LOL @ Hazuki and Shizuka "sleeping" together... a hawt lewd yuri action?? I wish they popped out of the mitten buck nekkid... lel.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 25, 2018 6:31 PM

Apr 2009
venn2009 said:
"Ypa!" xD

It's obvious: it's that USA girl who's most likely the culprit of Tatiana's turmoil. She tried to sabotage the preliminary match between the Japanese school and the Coalition school. I bet she also sabotaged Tatiana's Origin so the Russian school can't fight at full strength.

I like Tatiana. She may be too naïve, but I like how she's very honest, sincere, and decent. She chose to stop her comrades from cheating even if it means fighting in the tournament in a handicapped condition.

LOL @ Hazuki and Shizuka "sleeping" together... a hawt lewd yuri action?? I wish they popped out of the mitten buck nekkid... lel.
looks like Hazuki and Shizuka trying to be Yuzu and Mei from Citrus but they will end up in a epic yuri fail
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 27, 2018 12:31 AM
Jan 2016
I surprisingly kinda liked the communists (for as long as they were doing comedy relief, that is). Couldn't really care less about their sob story tbh, though it is pretty funny that their whole motivation is that they want to make their retarded friend smart.
Feb 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Jan 2017
I can't help but feel, that the Russians cheating is some kind of commentary on the Winter Olympic Games... No? Anyone?
The_FlatlineFeb 27, 2018 1:36 PM
Feb 28, 2018 12:18 AM

Apr 2009
The_Flatline said:
I can't help but feel, that the Russians cheating is some kind of commentary on the Winter Olympic Games... No? Anyone?
more like the steroids thing use by the Russians at the Olympics?

Feb 28, 2018 5:13 AM

Jan 2017
Prankster_001 said:
The_Flatline said:

Right, that's what I meant.
Feb 28, 2018 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
The_Flatline said:
Prankster_001 said:

Right, that's what I meant.
well to be fair my brother i had drop this series bcoz of annoying character designs

Mar 1, 2018 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
this episode was real dumb lol Russians be cheating just like real life

only crime is how awful this continues to look each week
Mar 2, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
Surprisingly fun week, especially the comedy in the first half. Being generous and giving the EP a 7
Can't really stand Yumilia though, not because of her personality but because her character is all over the place.
Some huge misses in face drawings but personally not a big problem
Jul 9, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
the russians with their plotting cracked me up amusing fails 😄
Jul 19, 2021 11:27 AM

Feb 2020
Tatiana is adorable. That hot spring scene between her and Hazuka was so heartwarming.

The whole Russian team is so dumb, lol. That love letter part was especially amusing.

Hazuka and Shizuka had some "fun" together inside the soft mitten. <3

SerafosDec 20, 2023 9:32 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

101 by RioAl »»
Jun 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

60 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 6, 2022 3:26 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

28 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

37 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

33 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.