Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2018 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seem this series is continuing with the trend of its tournament battle elements. More of the team members vs team member stuff.

I know this isn't the series' finale as there are two more episodes left but I had a weird feeling about the way the characters were used. Or rather, the way some of the powers were used and certain characters targeted. That being said, it felt like a show that I didn't find worth investing time into by this point. Not really having much hopes for the final two either. That depressing ending...
Stark700Mar 29, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 29, 2018 8:37 AM
Nov 2017
Still looked bad, but nowhere near the dumpster fire of last week. If the way I read the stories were accurate, this is where the extra work went, not the previous one. IIRC, they gave up on ep 9 as it was.
Mar 29, 2018 9:09 AM
Jun 2016
still liking the series, but is no one going to acknowledge that 5 v 3 is a bit...lobsided, like can anyone join as long as signed up no matter how many?
Mar 29, 2018 9:10 AM

Jun 2015
Not as terrible as the previous episode, but it's still a bad episode. The backstory for Lynne came in too late and I simply didn't care. It appears the committee was forced to do those things. Some major schools just decided to drop out.
Mar 29, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
The purpose of the plot revealed...very late in the series's lifespan...that honestly was very late to salvage any promise in this series.

The animation (for luck's sake) wasn't continued from Episode 9, so that's a good point I can say about the entire "last" 25 mins that leaves the fate of this show into the unknown.

Will I wait? Or don't bother? Maybe when it comes back...
Mar 29, 2018 10:30 AM
Jan 2018
If there's people who say the animation is bad:
1. You have no taste.
2. It's because of people like you the team lost motivation.
The animation was great today and one of the best I ever seen. I'm really sad episode 11 & 12 won't be broadcasting, so I really hope DVD will come in North America one day!
Mar 29, 2018 10:31 AM
Jan 2018
BlackstarFallen said:
Not as terrible as the previous episode, but it's still a bad episode. The backstory for Lynne came in too late and I simply didn't care. It appears the committee was forced to do those things. Some major schools just decided to drop out.

It's just you who don't like it. You can be the voice of the majority, but not everyone.
Mar 29, 2018 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Morag_23 said:
BlackstarFallen said:

It's just you who don't like it. You can be the voice of the majority, but not everyone.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people that don't like this show as well. What makes you think I'm speaking for the majority, I wasn't. I'm just voicing my own opinion, not for anyone else.
Mar 29, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
didn't she withdraw

is she allowed to just butt in like that
Mar 29, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2017
Morag_23 said:
1. You have no taste.
The animation was great today and one of the best I ever seen. I'm really sad episode 11 & 12 won't be broadcasting, so I really hope DVD will come in North America one day!

You're either blind or have a stake in this show. Maybe both. We've seen the stories from inside the production. They don't jibe with what you're telling us.
Mar 29, 2018 11:12 AM
Jan 2018
DarkAudit said:
Morag_23 said:
1. You have no taste.

You're either blind or have a stake in this show. Maybe both. We've seen the stories from inside the production. They don't jibe with what you're telling us.

Stake, sure! Blind, I don't think so. I love anime who break convention. On the surface, normies will say it's like anything. But, there's a real evolution of characters. Maybe because I watch each episode twice (except episode 9, I admit) that I can see the difference! ;)
Mar 29, 2018 11:12 AM
Jan 2017
Ever since Hazuki got her Origin, I felt there haven't been any credible challenges to her or the other heroines because they could easily overcome them thanks to Cinderella's mysterious power or the fact that the story keeps giving the heroines an unexpected advantage to solve the problem of the week. I had trouble considering Lynne a villain because her villainous plots were continuously undone thanks to Hazuki's Origin or simple plot convenience. It would have been easier to accept Lynne's sad backstory if it wasn't presented at the eleventh hour, just as she is about to be defeated. Ultimately, there was no dramatic tension or emotional stakes in this battle and the Japanese team's victory feels predictable.
Mar 29, 2018 11:15 AM
Jan 2018
BlackstarFallen said:
Morag_23 said:

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people that don't like this show as well. What makes you think I'm speaking for the majority, I wasn't. I'm just voicing my own opinion, not for anyone else.

Well, what I want to say it's you're not the only one to think that, which is fine. However, I'm in the small minority who love the show and see no problem (except the animation of episode 9, but the story was still good).
Mar 29, 2018 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
... and with a single line from Lynne Daves, we now know why she's such a vicious conniving bitch, and I can no longer see this as something that works for kids. ._.;;;

Why the hell did they have to go THAT casually into dark territory? >_<
Mar 29, 2018 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this episode a lot better than the one before, not because of animation, but I thought the story and pacing was better here. It's sad that this is going to be the end for awhile now though.

The show has so much potential and I'd love to read the LN, but the anime has been kind of underwhelming and it makes sense now that we know about the behind the scenes problems the show has been dealing with.

Lynne's backstory is meant to make you sympathize with her and understand her nasty behaviour, and while I understood why she is the way she is, I found myself not caring about her breakdown. It felt like it came out of nowhere.

Sadly, if you view it from a realistic standpoint, if she continues on this way she'll end up abusing more people as she gets older.he only males in her life are messed up, so she'll find bad guys to be with who will hurt her. If she gets married (or not) and has kids, she'll probably abuse them as well. She fearful of the abuse from the orphanage, but she clearly enjoys hurting people, so I don't see that stopping unless she gets some therapy. Or some friendship magic. Whichever comes first.

Mar 29, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
Abusive raped past for Lynne to justify her behavior :(
Shizuka comes back and they win with a literal moon drop.
8/10 for hazuki.
Mar 29, 2018 2:02 PM

Mar 2010
ReclusiveBeeBody said:
Lynne's backstory is meant to make you sympathize with her and understand her nasty behaviour, and while I understood why she is the way she is, I found myself not caring about her breakdown. It felt like it came out of nowhere.

Sadly, if you view it from a realistic standpoint, if she continues on this way she'll end up abusing more people as she gets older.he only males in her life are messed up, so she'll find bad guys to be with who will hurt her. If she gets married (or not) and has kids, she'll probably abuse them as well. She fearful of the abuse from the orphanage, but she clearly enjoys hurting people, so I don't see that stopping unless she gets some therapy. Or some friendship magic. Whichever comes first.

Simply positioning her as an orphan would have been enough to get sympathy points. Her underhanded anything goes methods would make sense if used to repay her adoptive father, even if just for taking her into his family.

Talking about it for more than 3sec out of the entirety of the show would have done considerably more to make her even a tiny bit sympathetic than stating a past of physical and sexual abuse as a borderline offhand remark accompanied by a Chester the Molester rapeface closeup of an evil priest. :/

Don't mind me, I'm just shocked that they did this for no justifiable reason as far as I can tell. This small sequence in the 10th episode knocks it out of being recommendable for me. :(
Mar 29, 2018 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
So, there are dodgy goings on with and at the American school...

Don't mind me, I'm just shocked that they did this for no justifiable reason as far as I can tell.

It did seem really out of place - if they were going to go that route, it should have been mentioned far, far earlier. I can see (if they are still going down the edgy route) her breakdown going to cause massive problems for everyone...

Mind you, anime does tend to do this sort of thing a lot - Upotte! being a case in point...

I wonder why the British school abandoned the match - their reason did seem a bit strange.
removed-userMar 29, 2018 2:38 PM
Mar 29, 2018 2:37 PM
Feb 2010
wolfwing said:
still liking the series, but is no one going to acknowledge that 5 v 3 is a bit...lobsided, like can anyone join as long as signed up no matter how many?

girls und panzer same thing
Mar 29, 2018 3:28 PM

Jun 2017
Ehh, that rape past was really out of the blue but at least the animation seems to have gone back to acceptable levels lol.
Mar 29, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
The animation is back to usual. Huge respect to the animators that worked so hard for this series.

Story is still bad, though.
Mar 29, 2018 4:42 PM

Feb 2016
Morag_23 said:

This is a fallacy, Sakurada Reset got bashed by a lot of people who dropped and considered it a miss halfway through its season. Yet, I've never heard nor read of DP giving up because their anime weren't well received in the community.

Now, get your butthurt opinion somewhere else and grow up.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 29, 2018 4:53 PM

Nov 2014
Morag_23 said:
1. You have no taste.

If you're a professional then you should never blame the customer or audience for your own failings, lots of shows flop, lots of shows are panned by the anime community but the people making them always do their best and complete them like the professionals they are. Even if you're part of making something that's not very popular there is still pride to be had from completing it. I understand you like this show and you're frustrated but this show was not brought down by the audience, it was brought down by the monumental incompetence of the production team.
I'm not a cheerleader, it's not my job to fluff the (apparently fragile) ego's of the people making this anime, ultimately it's not my responsibility so it's not my fault either.

This episode was alright, moon beats matchstick, the idea of having people draw things from famous books to fight each other is an intriguing concept but there is really no compelling strategy involved, the execution has been pretty weak. There is also too much behind the scenes stuff, they should be trying to tell one good simple story instead three bad complicated ones.
Forum Signature
Mar 29, 2018 4:56 PM

May 2015
Seems like the animation went to normal again, at least to the level of before EP09, lol. But yeah, OK episode I guess. Guess that's the show's temporary finish as well, until they announce a date for the remaining two eps.

Mar 29, 2018 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
Seems they redeemed this episode by bringing back the original animation quality overall it was ok episode but why didn't they just state "We'll see you again later" instead of "Next Week" in the preview.. Hmm
Mar 29, 2018 5:10 PM

Sep 2015
Is always funny to see yankees portrait as the bad guys and vice-versa, when clearly both sides did no good in the past.

The difference of animaiton to the episode 9 is YUGE. Few more weeks of delay and they could have done it properly, but i know the schedule was probably not what caused this situation.

Someone with the novel knowledge could make it clear, but in the translation a saw 'abuses' were mentioned and a priest with a weird face is show, but the meaning of that was really "rape" in the hentai sense?
Mar 29, 2018 6:00 PM
May 2017
Many cheaters in this episode
Mar 29, 2018 6:35 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
In the end Hazuki is still shit, their team can't do shit without Shizuka.
Mar 29, 2018 10:58 PM
Aug 2014
so apparently you can join the match whenever you like as long you're registered. Why this is not an abused strategy is beyond my understanding.
Mar 30, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2007
Glad that the animation quality is at least back to normal. Episode 9 was just a bad dream.

Nice reference to american zombie films.
Too bad the zombies are easy to get rid of because there are not enough team members to protect Lucy. Santa with guns inside the sack instead of gifts. And I have to admit.. Little Match Girl is one of my favorite stories. - I still remember my mother reading me that story years ago.

Too bad, the British school forfeit.. would have been nice to see what they can do.

And lastly, glad that Shizuka is finally ok now. Throwing down the moon is a nice way to end the fight.

This show would have been good if only the original creator is still alive. Perhaps the production problems could have been avoided.

6.5/10
Mar 30, 2018 12:08 AM

Oct 2007
wolfwing said:

The american school did have an army of zombies with them...
Mar 30, 2018 3:45 AM
Feb 2017
This episode was a great finale to the series at least until the final 2 episodes make their presence known soon.

The ninja girl was a last minute addition but she make her time become a very hilarious character like the Russians. Her Origin isn't too shabby too. Allowing the ability to cut words that are central in using magic. Not only that, she is proud to continue despite her flaws.

Lynn has shown so far to be a shady character that even her own teammates were willing to quit due to how dishonorable she was. Despite having all the connections, her flaw is that she lacks what Hazuki had, a caring heart which is why she lost in the end. Its tragic that Lynn was a victim of child abuse and molestation but that doesn't justify what she has done.

Hazuki on the other hand shows why she is one of the best characters in the series alongside the Russians. This time she's willing to take part even without Shizuka because she's doing this for her sake. It was a hard task but Hazuki's hardwork and dedication paid off in the end and receives aid much like she did for Shizuka.

To make this a great book end, Shizuka finally arrives to turn the tide. Shizuka wished to win the competition for her mother but as time grew on, she came to love the friends she has made there especially Hazuki who was willing to risk her life and change her destiny for her. To make this a more touching scene, her mentors implied that Shizuka's mother was the same as her daughter and that she was willing to tarnish as small as her reputation if that meant her friends are protected. By doing this, Shizuka upheld what represents her clan. When you see her arrive, Shizuka looks like she was going all out because she may be the Moon Princess but the moment anyone lay hands on her family and friends, their lifes were forfeit.
Mar 30, 2018 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
Oh! It improved!
FIVE/FIVE! haha..

Mar 30, 2018 9:01 AM

Sep 2008
This show started out OK for me and I even thought it got better in the mid-episodes.

Then production problems blew up the show. Thank God the animation improved in ep 10, I guess they just gave up on 9 and focused on improving 10. But even though the animation was better, it was still nothing to brag about.

The plot was OK, it was interesting, enough to keep me watching. If the production issues hadn't existed I think this could have been one of my favorite shows this season.

Instead... The show has now died after ep 10 and who knows if we'll ever see the ending.

I'm assuming this is it, so 3/5 for the ep and 5/10 for the series.
Mar 30, 2018 10:32 AM

Jun 2009
To be honest, I've kind of lost the plot with this show. I don't *really* understand what's going on, and there are too many parts where nothing really happens for me to want to rewatch it to try to work it out.
Mar 30, 2018 11:50 AM
Apr 2014
Animation definitely improved, though the bar was set so low that i'm sure even a childs crayon drawing would have looked better.
Story was all over the place and I feel like I don't even care about these characters. Just randomly shove into the story that the girls on the other team were getting raped while then they were children in an orphanage and spend a whole 10 seconds on it to somehow justify them cheating.

The series is 3/10 until the last 2 episodes are delivered, then I will bump it to 4 or 5 /10
Mar 30, 2018 2:21 PM

Mar 2017

????
Mar 30, 2018 2:35 PM
Apr 2014
Purezensu said:

????

https://myanimelist.net/news/54732697
Mar 30, 2018 8:41 PM

May 2016
And Hazuki was... lol this anime is weird.
Mar 30, 2018 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
Well, this episode looked a lot better at least. It's too bad about all the production issues. Guess we'll just wait for episodes 11 and 12 now, whenever they come out.
Mar 30, 2018 10:08 PM

Mar 2018
GranSaiyaman said:
About the animation most of the people here said the obvious and mostly what I was goin to say about those scenes, I obviosly complained while watching the episode, a 2 weeks break to improve animation and we got THAT? But then I saw the preview and it looked pretty decent, even better than most of the animation for the anime overall, made me think about something; what if they started working on the episode 10 and 11 during the break and then they worked on the 9 but had to rush it because they had no time to end it? That would be the only way for me to explain that, for me that would make a lot of sense because you want a good animation for the action scenes rather than a filler event such as too little training and more of a sleepover, but I don't really know if that's the case.

It seems that is just like I said, this episode looked better, at least we got back to the normal-slighty better quality.

It's a shame that the fate of the last episodes is unknown, even when this anime is "bad" I still was pretty interesed in its development. See you some day again Märchen Mädchen :/.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Mar 30, 2018 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
Shizuka went Majora's Mask on their asses.

There are things I genuinely liked about this series. Well, okay, one thing, and that's the gayness between Hazuki and Shizuka. Everything else was mediocre to bad. The whole Hexennacht plot was never interesting, it was just another anime tournament. None of the other characters were made very compelling. The animation was average at best, episode 9 at worst. Was there a soundtrack?

It's a shame, despite the issues I really was enjoying it for the first few episodes.
Mar 31, 2018 4:14 AM

Dec 2007
People just randomly entering the battle mid way really diminishes the tournament's value. I get why they did this but it would have been a much better show if Hazuki won on her own at the end. Even better if Hazuki "saves" the opposite team once again in the process.

Honestly they should have just stopped at episode 8 if they weren't going to finish and release later as OVAs.
Mar 31, 2018 5:44 AM

Jul 2015
WELL IT LOOKED BETTER THAN LAST EPISODE. Anyway, Tragic bacskstory comes in like a bird crashing into the window of a moving car and they fight. Moonfall was pretty cool, and pretty hilarious to see as well and America lost, but... the method used to win... kind of pisses me off... How can you just jump into the middle of a fight mid-match like that?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 31, 2018 7:09 AM

Apr 2014
really is sad with what happened with this series and all the drama around it but even so they did do their best to atleast give us this final ep (for now) but overall i did like the series

with that said atleast we got to see the american team well Lynne Daves lose as she was hte main issue with the team and also gotta say really liked Sachi just to bad we only get to see her fully for 1 ep

but yeah it was overall a nice watch regardless of the issues it had ,now to wonder if the last 2 eps will ever happen but imo i think this will just be the end for the anime which really sucks
"one step at a time"
Mar 31, 2018 8:10 AM
Jun 2017
Nice episode, Japanese sure is a strong one. Sadly ive expected more from american team but theyre not that as a strong team... hahaha
Mar 31, 2018 8:24 PM

Sep 2010
Liddo-kun said:
wolfwing said:

The american school did have an army of zombies with them...

Yeah, but it's coming from one magical girl, pretty unfair that 5 vs 3
Also, i didn't understand why sadohara went full suicide, it wasn't enough to pull the strings?
Apr 3, 2018 4:10 AM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
Morag_23 said:

This is a fallacy, Sakurada Reset got bashed by a lot of people who dropped and considered it a miss halfway through its season. Yet, I've never heard nor read of DP giving up because their anime weren't well received in the community.

Grow up? Wow... I ask you the same. Yet, someone on Twitter know someone on the team and state that, so I don't think a made a mistake. But, what you said is also true. Rather than saying to grow up to someone else, while you said other opinions are sh*t, just see what is true on the other side like I did! ;)
Apr 3, 2018 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
I’m still really enjoying this series despite all of the negativity towards it’s occasional slip-ups in animation style
Apr 3, 2018 6:15 AM

Feb 2016
Morag_23 said:
HereticHunter said:

Grow up? Wow... I ask you the same. Yet, someone on Twitter know someone on the team and state that, so I don't think a made a mistake. But, what you said is also true. Rather than saying to grow up to someone else, while you said other opinions are sh*t, just see what is true on the other side like I did! ;)

Do not distort what I said, I never said other opinions are shit. About that twitter I don't believe its true that they lost motivation because of MAL Forums or the score, that's just a fallacy. They just used the worst idea to an anime believing it would succeed and it didn't (Like Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai, which also sucked and was the end of a company, not the best decisions...)

And, if they actually lost motivation, that doesn't change the fact that this anime sucked like a lot, I mean, they are supposed to be on a professional environment, if they can't take this amount of pressure, then what? They can't expect people to praise them for doing a bad job. Searching through their anime, the only good one they have is Drifters, everything else is generic ecchi/moe/hentai. And seeing how successful Drifters was, I'm amazed that they didn't even try to do something similar.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

101 by RioAl »»
Jun 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

28 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

37 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

28 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 11:27 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

33 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.