Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 11, 2018 7:45 AM
Dec 2014
Slim_Lamie said:

I know some of you find the logic of the anime a bit... nonexistent, but It's Dragon Ball. I don't think we ever watched it for its 100% on-point logic. I'm rather satisfied with most things about the series. It's still so much more consistent that Fairy Tail was.

How it's more logical than Fairy Tail.I don't remember that much power inconsistency in Fairy Tail.On Super characters get more power and less powerful randomly.
small44Feb 11, 2018 7:49 AM
Feb 11, 2018 7:46 AM

Apr 2015
I'm sure Goku will revive no.17 with the dragon balls eventually. Vegeta going down next episode I guess. Goku super instinct soon?
Feb 11, 2018 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
If he's going to sacrifice himself anyway, why not just let Jiren kill him instead of blowing himself up?

Jiren's back story is super rushed and super generic. Might be better off without one at all.

And yeah, I want to see the fanboys excuse for Vegeta's stamina.
Feb 11, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
I.... was not expecting 17 to sacrifice his life. I got worried last episode with Vegeta... but when he survived, I was like... ok, no one else is gonna pull that sort of bs... man I was actually completely taken by surprise. I kept waiting for him to appear with the rest of universe 7 in the stands... and until they actually said he self destructed... I had no idea.

I was hoping for something more in depth with Jiren. I wonder if by this time, they knew the show was going to stop at 131, so they kept it simple? I don't mind the simple, but if they didn't have an end date, I wonder if the story would have been more complex.

Looks like next week Vegeta will be defeated... I ain't ready.
Feb 11, 2018 8:03 AM

May 2010
small44 said:
Jiren backstory is the most generic backstory I ever saw.

Agreed and this is a disappointment as it does not explain how Jiren got so strong.
He lost all of his relatives yes, but so did many other characters in DB and none of them are equally strong., not even close.
Feb 11, 2018 8:11 AM

Mar 2016
Kinda of a dumb fight, kinda of a nonsense backstory and obviously a dumb suicide...
2/5 episode.
Feb 11, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2014
17 is the true savior of this arc. I don't think I would've liked this arc at all if it wasn't for 17. Hope he gets revived. He went out with a bang and job well done to him. I loved how at the end he states that his sacrifice is a very human thing to do and he likes it.

Like people before have said, Jiren's backstory is far too late to actually make me feel anything, it just exists because they need to given Jiren some kind of story. The backstory in itself was pretty shallow as it does not go into how he gained his strength only why he decided to gain it.

Frieza is just a punching bag at this point. xD

They really need to stop spoiling stuff in the the titles for the next episodes.

Feb 11, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 2016
17 is MVP and thats all.
Ops i forgot Frieza
BRAWLERS
Feb 11, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
Jiren might just be the most generic action character I've ever seen. He's really strong because he just is and he obsesses over power because at one point he was weak and lost people he cared about because of it. He also looks down on those weaker than him. That's pretty much his entire character.

His backstory in this episode felt so half-assed and forced. He's supposed to be the main villain of this arc. They could have taken their time developing his character considering he's been present throughout the entire battle royale.
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Feb 11, 2018 9:58 AM

Dec 2015
Beerus in the last episode: "but now he's exhausted ALL of his energy"
Vegeta in this episode: *Casually walks out of the crater and turns into Super Saiyan Blue*

The episode was hilarious rather than sad, and I am so glad that the show is ending in 4 episodes, the joke has gone for long enough.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 11, 2018 10:57 AM

Jan 2017
I agree with most here in the belief that 17 has proved to be the most influential fighter on the team - and honestly the most useful. This tournament has surprised me quite a bit as contenders that i expected very little from have done more than those I thought would do great. Goku in particular, has been a complete letdown whose contribution would have been completely forgetful and unmemorable if not for his Ultra Instinct form. I expected to see a much more impacting role but his performance has been rather insignificant - his saving grace? The predictable and struggling win over Jiren that we will see in the weeks to come.

I am completely dissatisfied with Gokus character, role, impact, demeanor, focus, and depth in this whole series, but specifically this tournament. I hope that the next time (if there is one) that we see the Goku I remember and not some weak, self centered, annoying ass clown that put the universes in jeopardy just so he could get a boner from fighting strong people.
Feb 11, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
Jiren's backstory sucks... his motivation is weak compared to say.. oh i don't know a prince losing his entire race.. and then again from an alternate dimension... also Jiren's the strongest fighter in his whole universe otherwise they would've gotten the 'evil-doer' to fight for their universe

Also some more bullshit when the Great Priest even says "We can assume that No. 17 san destroyed himself with a self-destruct.".. uhh fuck you, you can't just 'assume' that shit.. either you fucking know if Jiren actually killed 17 or he blew himself up otherwise Jiren could just kill everyone and we can 'assume' they killed themselves trying to protect their teammates from a fucking blast..
MCA5EYFeb 11, 2018 12:28 PM
Feb 11, 2018 1:11 PM
Sep 2017
Fuse already goddammit.
Feb 11, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
No matter what happens in the end, Android 17 is the MVP of the tournament, Give that man his BOAT
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Feb 11, 2018 3:31 PM
Dec 2017
Android 17 I have a whole new level of respect for him now
Feb 11, 2018 3:34 PM
Dec 2017
so true
MCA5EY said:
Jiren's backstory sucks... his motivation is weak compared to say.. oh i don't know a prince losing his entire race.. and then again from an alternate dimension... also Jiren's the strongest fighter in his whole universe otherwise they would've gotten the 'evil-doer' to fight for their universe

Also some more bullshit when the Great Priest even says "We can assume that No. 17 san destroyed himself with a self-destruct.".. uhh fuck you, you can't just 'assume' that shit.. either you fucking know if Jiren actually killed 17 or he blew himself up otherwise Jiren could just kill everyone and we can 'assume' they killed themselves trying to protect their teammates from a fucking blast..
That is so true
Feb 11, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Damn. Android 17 has improved so much character development. He became one of my favorite now.
Feb 11, 2018 5:19 PM

Jun 2017
Sorry, but Jirens Backstory was boring as f*ck and totally rushed, no emotion at all.
This whole Tournament is somehow weird.
17 is the MVP tho...
Feb 11, 2018 5:24 PM

Jul 2015
No.17 is the best character ever. C'mon, I love him.
Feb 11, 2018 6:16 PM
Aug 2012
theloliguardian said:
People say Goku's stamina problem is BS but Vegeta's is even worse. He got beaten by Jiren endless times, randomly pulled out a new form then able to freely transform without apparent drawbacks, used his "finishing move" Final Flash twice, used "self destruct" that supposedly drained all his stamina. Then after all that, he was able to transform back to the new blue form immediately, then get beaten yet again by Jiren all within like 3 minutes. And yet, he is in better shape than Goku at the end of the episode.

I accept the fact that Goku and Vegeta was able to get hundred times stronger in the tournament since they are saiyan, but for 17 to even be able to do anything against Jiren is absurd.

"That's enough out of you, Belmod" without any honorifics lol Jiren pays no respect to even his God of Destruction.

17 went out like a champ. He got much more shine than characters like Freiza and Gohan for a character with literally no buildup.

I can't believe I am actually feeling bad for Freiza lol

Overall, the episode was okay. Jiren is absolutely OP.

Ah no, sorry bud. It is shit writing for both characters. Except, Goku should be dead by now. He as been thrashed by Kefla and Jiren, and after that he fought with several others. Vegeta is actually alright. He should at least be falling unconscious or dozing off. Goku's plot is unreal
Feb 11, 2018 6:17 PM
Aug 2012
17 is probably the only character aside from Goku and Vegeta that actually gets attention. Probably gonna get wished back tho. Jiren had a shitty backstory. So typical and clichéd.
Feb 11, 2018 6:20 PM
Aug 2012
ASTRO999 said:
There is one thing I don't get at all.. why doesn't Goku and Vegeta do fusion dance and fuse vs Jiren? Wouldnt they be more powerfull than him, since they can already fight vs him 1v1?

Fusion? Against Jiren? They would still be injured and Jiren would still be in peak form. Vegeta will get knocked off soon too. Stop complaining about fusion, its not happening.
Feb 11, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2015
FODASSE... Sorry i mean, HOLY SHIT. This episode was one of the best ones so far, nothing negative to say. Loved to see Android 17 in this arc, not the most powerfull character, but the best one here. Wasn't expecting him to die and got heartbroken after seeing it.

Im just a little bit disappointed on the next episodes, didn't want this do end in a Goku vs Jiren fight, but in a Vegitto vs Jiren... i know that Goku is the main character, but Vegeta deserves more of the main spotlight.
Feb 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Oct 2016
Aurkar said:
Maitoz said:

Vegeta is way stronger now so maybe he knew he wasnt going to die with all that God Power he has.
The blood is mostly because they censor it I remember.
The Ultra Katchin can easily be broken by Goku, Vegeta, Jiren and Freeza, I guess the Clothes thing is a good point but sometimes these clothes are specially made from beings like Whis. And Vegeta didnt recover, hes just so strong now that he can keep going.

But just relax and enjoy, whats the point of getting triggered over small things like blood.
BDL said:

Nº 17 can't be traced by Ki sensing, so I think that's why he was able to hurt Jiren while catching him off-guard. Also, he survived for so long because he has infinite stamina. Nevertheless, the producers of the anime have given nº 17 such a ridiculous buffing ...

[EDIT] Overall, I agree with you that this arc lacks a lot of substance (and I'm not talking about the absence of blood).

The problem with all these details is that it feels very hard to sense any urge of saving the universe. They never seem to be tired so why worry? What made DBZ so special is the fact that they had to go to some extreme limits just to have a chance to blow a single powerful kikoho to a tremendously powerful opponent that always find ways to escape all plans. In DBS i never felt any real danger except in Zamasu arc.

Two other things :
Before first appearance of ultra instinct it was simply impossible to hit Jiren and after he released his full power everybody can???

And second one, gods of destruction have an energy far more powerful and invincible than goku and vegeta. Before this arc it's clear that only Frieza could seize it, but now Vegeta relativly easily beat Toppo's power. I can assume that Toppo is only Akaishin Apprentice but at the end he seems pretty weak.

This lacks of coherence does count a lot becuase it's simply not... epic. If Vegeta really is that strong then we shouldn't have to worry.

If the background of the precedent stories of DB and DBZ didn't exist and that all started with DBS I really think that DBS will only be an average anime. That's what makes me sad. I'm not raging at all but am deceived and disappointed.

Yeah I see what you mean but whats the point when we know everyone and everthing is gonna be fine because this is before the ending of Z?

If Frieza Managed to Seize it then Goku and Vegeta can, they are way stronger.
Goku couldnt do it back then because he was caught as in base form instead of a God form and couldnt transform inside the ball of hakai.

You gotta keep in mind that Vegeta has a new form and its perfectly fine for him to beat Toppo since Toppo is not even God Of destruction level, at least vermond lvl.

What you said about Jiren, well when we got UI that was the first time jiren fought so before that we didnt see jiren moves, etc, just a few seconds of him shooting energy blast. He was having some problems vs the Spirit bomb and after that fight we saw Jiren getting Punched by Hit a few times so i dont see the problem there, in recent episodes Jiren been fighting 2 SSB X20 Kaioken and New form vegeta at once, there has to be some struggle if you fight that, and you also have to keep in mind that he needs to control how hard he hits because you cant even kill.
Feb 11, 2018 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
Been awhile since I've seen a legit death scene.

Oh and Frieza sure is getting a good beating.
Feb 12, 2018 12:45 AM

Jun 2012
17 is truly awesome. He's had a hand in taking out almost every universe, was the reason U7 didn't get eliminated by Anilaza, held off GoD Toppo long enough for Vegeta to come help, was the first one to do actual damage to Jiren (even if it was pretty much a scratch) and saved Vegeta, Goku and Frieza from being eliminated by Jiren at the cost of his life. MVP of this entire arc.

Kind of annoyed that they give us Jiren's back story now, and it was a pretty barebones one at that. Wouldn't be an issue if they would've at least alluded to it at any point during the tournament. Manga is definitely handling him a lot better than the anime has, for sure.
Feb 12, 2018 3:50 AM
Nov 2009
PhillsLifestyle said:
so true
MCA5EY said:

That is so true

Plot armor 1-0-1 at it's best.
And what bothers me about 17's "assumed suicide" is that it just feels like a cheap excuse to wish everyone gone in the tournament back with the suepr dragon balls and thus we'll once again have a Super arc that loses it's point entirely and has no consequences other than main characters having new forms...
...I'm ...Not a fan of this writing team tbh...
ZinleFeb 12, 2018 3:57 AM
Feb 12, 2018 9:17 AM

Dec 2016
Too late for a Jiren backstory and motivations. At this point of the game it just felt forced and uninteresting. If they wanted to give the character some more depth they should've done way earlier so the viewer could actually care.

It felt like the same as answering a test question when the test time had already finished. It's just...irrelevant.

And I was disappointed with 17's presumed sacrifice. The way they handled this lacked more impact, more emotion, and rather was covered by a cloak of indifference.

It was like...oh, 17's gone, too bad, let's continue this. And that was it. Very different from let's say, Krilin's first death, Piccoro's death at the saiyan arc, and Vegeta's sacrifice in the Buu arc.

17, being the MVP of the tournament, deserved a better treatment.

Just another poorly written DBS episode.
Feb 12, 2018 11:35 AM
Mar 2016
Once again Vegeta will be treated as #2 and probably kicked out next episode. I hate this. Fuck Goku. Vegeta had so much more character development since early days, he deserves the final blow. Darn I would even like Freezer to win this with some new transformation - but not Goku again.
Feb 12, 2018 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
So Jiren finally showed his true power. I didn't expect any less and this fire aura looked nice.

Goku, Vegeta, 17 and even Freezer made a good fight but Jiren is way to strong. I couldn't believe when I saw that 17's explosion hurt Jiren. No matter what they tried to do or how strong their attacks were before nothing could scratch Jiren.

I like that they showed a background of Jiren but I also agree that this felt a little bit to late. If they show this earlier you have a complete different picture of a character. How ever now it's definitely more understandable. It's sad that 17 had to sacrifice himself to rescue Goku and Vegeta but he's also my mvp for this arc and became one of my favorite characters in DBS.

So next episode looks like Vegeta also will fall. :(

Feb 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
What a boring backstory lol, On a world where they can bring back to life anyone and the biggest penalty is how long they have to wait from the previous wish, dead can't be a a powerful motivation for anything, but 17 and 18 are still one of my favorite characters in DB, 17 now is even more bad ass.

It would have been better if Jiren was strong just because instead of that revenge trope or heck at least blame a previous God of Destruction or even Zen chan but I guess they could still mention that is the case since they never gave it's identity.

And don't get me started on that "It was suicide I guess :lol: *shrugs*" from the priest, dude is the strongest with the best sense of everything but he can't confirm what happened? I can picture the writing team regretting that rule of no killing allowed, they should have created instead a rule where if you die on that zone no reviving allowed, even with the super dragon balls to make it somewhat impactful and then a - hoho N17 was hiding.
KanameYuukiFeb 12, 2018 3:04 PM
Feb 13, 2018 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
Glenfinnan said:

And I was disappointed with 17's presumed sacrifice. The way they handled this lacked more impact, more emotion, and rather was covered by a cloak of indifference.

It was like...oh, 17's gone, too bad, let's continue this. And that was it. Very different from let's say, Krilin's first death, Piccoro's death at the saiyan arc, and Vegeta's sacrifice in the Buu arc.

It was the same for the dissapearance of the universes.
I guess that since everyone had understood that the dragon balls will be used to ressurect everyone, they just don't care.
Feb 13, 2018 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
LMAO, the show ends in like what, 4 episodes? They built up Jiren for around 40-45 episodes and the way his character was handled is horrible. He has absolutely zero depth and *insert super generic* backstory. It's ridiculous that a character like him was able to make it this far in this tournament and as the main "villain".

17 carried the whole team until the end, if not for him they would have been erased long ago so they better wish him back and give him his deserved damn yacht.

What was the point of Frieza attacking when they put him back to sleep in 30 seconds? But wait, he will probably magically get up around the 1 minute mark and does stuff again anyway.
Feb 13, 2018 3:24 PM
Jan 2017
-Mahesvara said:
OtakuIriamu said:
Yeah it has been extremely intense. Idk what Goku and Vegeta are gonna do. And Frieza is just getting thrown around XD
I could see fusion being a possibility, because as they are right now and even if Goku does go Ultra Instinct again, they don't stand a chance otherwise.
What are u talking about, its already written that Goku will match Jiren 1 vs 1 mastering the offensive side of the Ultra Instinct (actually he only mastered the defensive one).
Vegeta will be taken out next episode if the title its true.
Another fusion? NO Please... Every arc they have to use the fusion to beat the enemy...they did wiwn Majin Bu, in OAV, against Zamasu, stop...that would be so boring.
I hope Goku will simply go 1 vs 1 against Jiren with the Ultra Instinct totally mastered and kick his ass.
Feb 13, 2018 3:25 PM
Jan 2017
saltncheese said:
The real question is... did Jiren defeat the evil-doer?
I guess not yet. Maybe it can be the main antagonist of a future DB arc (if they will make one after Super) who knows
Feb 13, 2018 4:02 PM

May 2015
Nooo 17!!!!! The real hero of this tournament! MVP for sure. EHhh I was hoping to see his family when he self-destruct. :((

Vegeta recover after nearly self-destruct was hilarious as whole DBS. :D

Wooooo 2800 post.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 13, 2018 5:05 PM
Jan 2015
Jotaro_Kujo10 said:
-Mahesvara said:
I could see fusion being a possibility, because as they are right now and even if Goku does go Ultra Instinct again, they don't stand a chance otherwise.
What are u talking about, its already written that Goku will match Jiren 1 vs 1 mastering the offensive side of the Ultra Instinct (actually he only mastered the defensive one).
Another fusion? NO Please... Every arc they have to use the fusion to beat the enemy...they did wiwn Majin Bu, in OAV, against Zamasu, stop...that would be so boring.
I hope Goku will simply go 1 vs 1 against Jiren with the Ultra Instinct totally mastered and kick his ass.
No? Almost every arc comes down to Goku beating the bad guy, so idk what you're talking about. Plus there was only one villian defeated by fusion and that was in a movie, every other time the fusion ended before they could win. What you want is way more generic within the DB series honestly.
My Queens

Feb 14, 2018 2:43 AM
Jan 2017
-Mahesvara said:
Jotaro_Kujo10 said:
No? Almost every arc comes down to Goku beating the bad guy, so idk what you're talking about. Plus there was only one villian defeated by fusion and that was in a movie, every other time the fusion ended before they could win. What you want is way more generic within the DB series honestly.
The fusion has become ultra boring. They used it too many times are u able to understand that? Even in the previous arc they used the fusion against Zamasu. Im sure DBSuper writers are not sooooo dumb to use it again. Only childs will do that and im sorry u think like a child...

Moreover why Whis stated that Goku only mastered the defensive side of the UI? Of course because he will mastered the offensive one fighting 1 vs 1 against Jiren. I bet whatever u want things will go this way. I will text u again in 3 weeks
Feb 16, 2018 2:24 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
ANDROID 17 DIED FOR OUR SINS
WE ARE ALL UNWORTHY
He deserves so many cruisers!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 17, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
Frieza is completely crazy. Poor 17, gave up of his boat lol.
Apr 8, 2018 4:27 PM

Jan 2015
Android 17 is the main character of this Saga. He is so badass. I remember him in DBZ being so dumb I hated him. Next episode is Vegeta's turn to lose.
May 22, 2018 2:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A-17 say goodbye in a self-destruction!!!!
BORING!!!!
Jan 11, 2019 4:43 AM
Dec 2013
R.I.P. Android 17. Didn't expect anyone to die in a tournament arc.
Feb 18, 2019 11:43 PM

Jun 2017
A flashback of Jiren and melodramatic comments of Android 17 against him; It doesn't sound like Akira Toriyama's style. Nevertheles, I enjoyed this episode!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 7, 2019 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
Damn 17, at least let Jiren kill you so you can save the Universe in the process by getting him disqualified
Sep 8, 2019 1:28 AM
Sep 2016
Damn... Jiren's backstory was too cliche. I expected better...
So what the hell? It's still enjoyable xD
Jun 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Dec 2012
Jiren is powering up.
WTF! Jiren's on fire?
Vegeta goes SSGSS.
Goku goes SSGSS.
Jiren sends 17 flying.
17 pushes Vegeta out the way.
Dat stomach blast. Vegeta reverts back to normal.
Ha!!
Top.
17 appears behind Jiren ready to blast him.
Dat blast.
Jiren's back. He's been hurt.
Vegeta goes SSGSS again.
All 3 blasts.
Jiren breaks through them.
Vegeta, Goku, and 17 are down.
Freeza attacks Jiren from behind.
lol at Freeza having crazy eyes.
Jiren knocks out Freeza.
17 fires at Jiren.
Jiren backstory.
Dat blast.

Wasn't expecting 17 to blow himself. lol at Kid Jiren wearing a skully. He look like he into hip hop.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
Jiren's past was sad. Poor 17 had to sacrifice himself for Goku and Vegeta's sake. I'm sad.
Nov 5, 2021 8:21 AM

Sep 2018
#17 fought bravely in this episode!

He managed to keep Goku and Vegeta safe in order to beat Jiren!

I hope his sacrifice wont be in vain!

Neeeext xD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 4 hours ago

4 by Irshiki »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.