Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 7, 2018 6:20 AM
Oct 2017
hinata should have put his passport in the mouth to make his shoelace
this would have prevented the memory lapse that and shirase have suffered
Feb 7, 2018 6:28 AM
Sep 2017
All the girls are waifu material, i cant choose 😍😍 btw loving this anime so far.

Feb 7, 2018 7:02 AM
Feb 2016
Apple_BS said:
Sande said:
So the whole passport situation could've been resolved right away if they had just checked their belongings but instead they had to extend it into 20 minutes of drama...

Once I was travelling, I thought all of my accommodation were paid and ready to check in.
But on the last day before I depart to go back home, I realized that the hostel I am gonna stay that night, which is about 350km+ away from the airport wasn't paid, just booked, and I have to use all my remaining to pay it, and I have absolute no money to go the airport.

Of course, it was settled, after a lot of hard works. But that's why I don't think this kind of problem would be strange to be extend to this level.

The difference is that you weren't aware that there was a problem to begin with. The girls knew that the passport was missing, so the first logical thing to do would be to search for it in your belongings and report it missing if you don't find it. They even said that "it might turn up" yet they don't even try to properly search for it.

My problem with that is that they're acting overly stupid just to create some drama and I think the writers could've done a much better job to justify their actions.
Feb 7, 2018 8:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HereticHunter said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

i don't care about Rule34 and will never see the appeal of the site lol

lol neither I

i don't even like Vanilla hentai, so rule34 is a fuck no, haven't been on there in like 7 years LOL
Feb 7, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2016
Sande said:
Apple_BS said:

Once I was travelling, I thought all of my accommodation were paid and ready to check in.
But on the last day before I depart to go back home, I realized that the hostel I am gonna stay that night, which is about 350km+ away from the airport wasn't paid, just booked, and I have to use all my remaining to pay it, and I have absolute no money to go the airport.

Of course, it was settled, after a lot of hard works. But that's why I don't think this kind of problem would be strange to be extend to this level.

The difference is that you weren't aware that there was a problem to begin with. The girls knew that the passport was missing, so the first logical thing to do would be to search for it in your belongings and report it missing if you don't find it. They even said that "it might turn up" yet they don't even try to properly search for it.

My problem with that is that they're acting overly stupid just to create some drama and I think the writers could've done a much better job to justify their actions.

Well, first when you lose something and find it later at a place you should have looked before, it's always overly stupid and it happens.

Second I would never look for the passport of a friend in my belongings. It's just a lost of time since it has nothing to do there. You have to be rational in these situations. The most obvious possibility is : it fell somewhere when walking, you'll never find it again, end of the story.

I envy you for never losing anything and looking for it for hours or more at the wrong places, but as far as I'm concerned, I know this shit can happen so I can relate.
Feb 7, 2018 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
Sande said:
Apple_BS said:

So you've never misplaced something only to find it under your nose the whole time?

Also why would the girls check their belongs when it's Hinata's responsibility to make sure she has her own passport?
Feb 7, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
Sande said:
So the whole passport situation could've been resolved right away if they had just checked their belongings but instead they had to extend it into 20 minutes of drama...

You say it like this is a really uncommon scene, but actually reality likes to bet on that one possibility even though you're that well-prepared.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Feb 7, 2018 11:46 AM

Jan 2016
Imagine losing your own passport :/ I would probably really freak out. This episode was so fun and interesting to watch. Seriously, this has to be my AOTS (Anime of the Season). I love how, it actually showed us the flight, instead of skipping everything. I like these small touches.
Feb 7, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2015
Sande said:
Apple_BS said:

You're really overreacting on this.

Feb 7, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2015
Punpun3 said:
ok where's the drama tag for this anime though? I didn't sign up for this shit.
dropped.

What a dumbass reason to drop something.

Feb 7, 2018 12:10 PM
Feb 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Sande said:

Well, first when you lose something and find it later at a place you should have looked before, it's always overly stupid and it happens.

Second I would never look for the passport of a friend in my belongings. It's just a lost of time since it has nothing to do there. You have to be rational in these situations. The most obvious possibility is : it fell somewhere when walking, you'll never find it again, end of the story.

I envy you for never losing anything and looking for it for hours or more at the wrong places, but as far as I'm concerned, I know this shit can happen so I can relate.

If I lost something as important as my passport, I would search for it everywhere, including asking for my friends to check their belonging in case it accidentally got mixed up with theirs somewhere along the way. Apparently other people aren't as thorough.

Kittens-kun said:

I'm not trying to hate on the series, in fact I've liked the rest of the series so far and hope it'll probably continue to be good after this one filler-like episode. It's simply this specific type of drama that really bugs me the most even if it happens in one of my favorite series.
Feb 7, 2018 3:01 PM

Feb 2018
This is my first time writing on this page, I signed in specifically for this anime. Maybe my first message will be somewhat obvious, but I want to write it nevertheless.

So, this is the first episode where I didn't feel that urge about finding Shirase's mom. Aside from her writing the message on the plane, I completely forgot about the mom until the airport scene. And now I think I get what the point of the story is.

From the first episode, it is made clear that the chances of her mom being alive are very thin if not zero: Unless they come up with some very well done deus ex machina twist, she is either dead or willingly missing for some reason I can't figure out. So the question that has been in my head ever since the show started is, why make an story about an objective that will most likely not be acomplished? It feels quite depressing.

It makes much more sense that the point of the story is not whether her mother is alive or not, but about Shirase (and to a lesser extent the other girls with their own issues) learning to move on from her loss. Ever since she went missing, all she has thought about and worked for is finding her. Again, it would be quite depressing if eventually we find out that it was all for nothing. But throughout this journey, she is finding people that can somehow fill that empty space she has been carrying ever since. And from the previous episode, for the first time we see her enjoying herself with friends, going to the karaoke and sightseeing.

The reason why the airport scene is so powerful is because it is the first time when she says out loud that her goal is no longer going to the Antarctica, but to go with the other girls. The journey and the people she goes with have become a purpose in itself and not simply a mean to an end. And even if they don't find her mom in the end, the story can still be fulfilling because she can move on from her trauma.

It is the same kind of thing that happens with
, for those who have played it.

On another note, the other thing I keep wondering is why they changed the Sun's direction in the opening since episode 3.
AbeldeMediciFeb 7, 2018 3:40 PM
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Feb 7, 2018 4:44 PM

Oct 2015
Singapore is one beautiful place, damn that was a great view. Anyone who lives in Singapore I am so jeal of you and I wish I was you.

That Hina and Shirase are one stupid pair who complement each other, I loved their relationship. I wonder does that fruit taste bad as they expressed?

Great ep.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 7, 2018 5:53 PM

Oct 2010
Sande said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

If I lost something as important as my passport, I would search for it everywhere, including asking for my friends to check their belonging in case it accidentally got mixed up with theirs somewhere along the way. Apparently other people aren't as thorough.

Kittens-kun said:

I'm not trying to hate on the series, in fact I've liked the rest of the series so far and hope it'll probably continue to be good after this one filler-like episode. It's simply this specific type of drama that really bugs me the most even if it happens in one of my favorite series.

It's fine that you are thorough, I have thoroughly searched stuff at some points only to realize that whatever I was looking for was in the only room I forgot to check, or in the only corner I happened to ignore. It happens. It is natural. We are not perfect and even if we think that we are doing our best it turns out sometimes that we are not.

Second, take the circumstances into account. Take Hinata's personality first and firemost into account. The reason why they took so long to realize that she lost her passport is because she didn't want to ask for help. The reason why they didn't search more thoroughly is because she immediately shut their options because she doesn't want help from the others, or to be a nuisance or a problem that needs to be solved. That is a character flaw, and is tackled in the episode.

And they are teen girls. They get scared by prospects, they don't think everything through perfectly and their logic has flaws. Heck, Shirase wasn't even able to think clearly because she was legit scared by the idea of not managing to get on the boat to Antarctica in time.

What you are calling cheap drama is something that a lot of people have suffered at some point of their life, and there are valid narrative circumstances regarding the characters and their personality and flaws that make even more sense of a case that makes a lot of sense already by itself. They found the passport the next day. Is that really far-fetched to you?
Feb 7, 2018 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
Sande said:
Apple_BS said:

To be fair, Yuzuki aside, it was probably the other three girl's first time out of their prefecture, much less out of their country. They're probably not used to travelling with printed documents that prove their identity. Plus, they're like 14 or 15. Think back to the first time you ever took a trip overseas without parental supervision at that age, did you really put that much importance on your passport?

I feel like you're using an adult mindset to rationalize how kids are suppose to think, and that in itself is kind of flawed. Sure there are kids out there that are super responsible at a young age (Yuzuki seems to fit that description, but she's been through a lot of adulting stuff in her life already), but those are the exception, not the rule. At 14 or 15, some kids wouldn't even know what'd they'd do if they lost their wallet, much less a passport that they'd probably only signed up for just prior to their trip.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 7, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2017
I honestly did not expect that plot twist near the end because of all the drama going on. Pleasantly surprised there. Anyways, another great episode. Hope they get to antartica soon.
Feb 7, 2018 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
Passport lady reminded me of this passport lady
Feb 7, 2018 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
I wanna visit Singapore now
Feb 7, 2018 10:29 PM

May 2015
DURIAN ICE CREAM!!!!

Wow...beautiful scenery...Huh, I guess this is the first anime I've seen with passport issues. Quite fitting given the adventure theme. Nice to see how it's implemented here.

The interaction between Hinata and Shirase was golden in this episode. I can definitely relate to Hinata and not liking people being considerate to you. It's one of the reasons why I don't like to interact with others much. Well done.

...and then...SHIRASE!!!! THAT'S IT! YOU'RE NOT BEST GIRL ANYMORE! Hinata's carrying this anime all the way!

Now if we're talking about tone shifts, this is how you do it!
Feb 7, 2018 11:04 PM

Sep 2016
LunyRed said:
I'm gonna rewatch this amazing episode. It's just outstanding in so many ways... >w>;;;

Episode starts out really funny, then it got emotional midway, and then the highlight of the episode was the intense BGM where Shirase discovered Hinata's missing passport that was actually on her shoulder bag all along. She completely forgot? xD

Now let's get eating!! Shirase-chan and Hinata-chan's DUUUURIAAAAN SHOOOOWW!! xDD Damn, the voice acting in this anime is spectacular, as always! Enjoyable every single time! :DD
hell yeaaa baby lovely lovely eps this week definitely entertaining throughout its entirety 5/5
Facta Non Verba
Feb 8, 2018 1:21 AM
Feb 2016
jal90 said:
Sande said:

It's fine that you are thorough, I have thoroughly searched stuff at some points only to realize that whatever I was looking for was in the only room I forgot to check, or in the only corner I happened to ignore. It happens. It is natural. We are not perfect and even if we think that we are doing our best it turns out sometimes that we are not.

Second, take the circumstances into account. Take Hinata's personality first and firemost into account. The reason why they took so long to realize that she lost her passport is because she didn't want to ask for help. The reason why they didn't search more thoroughly is because she immediately shut their options because she doesn't want help from the others, or to be a nuisance or a problem that needs to be solved. That is a character flaw, and is tackled in the episode.

And they are teen girls. They get scared by prospects, they don't think everything through perfectly and their logic has flaws. Heck, Shirase wasn't even able to think clearly because she was legit scared by the idea of not managing to get on the boat to Antarctica in time.

What you are calling cheap drama is something that a lot of people have suffered at some point of their life, and there are valid narrative circumstances regarding the characters and their personality and flaws that make even more sense of a case that makes a lot of sense already by itself. They found the passport the next day. Is that really far-fetched to you?

I guess I can understand her actions with the way you put it. I just think that realistically one of the more rational girls would've probably done something to help find it even if Hinata wished not to. Maybe the thing that bugged me the most was the fact that this was practically filler with no plot progression thanks to this one event extended for the full episode.

L-Ryoshi said:
Sande said:

To be fair, Yuzuki aside, it was probably the other three girl's first time out of their prefecture, much less out of their country. They're probably not used to travelling with printed documents that prove their identity. Plus, they're like 14 or 15. Think back to the first time you ever took a trip overseas without parental supervision at that age, did you really put that much importance on your passport?

I feel like you're using an adult mindset to rationalize how kids are suppose to think, and that in itself is kind of flawed. Sure there are kids out there that are super responsible at a young age (Yuzuki seems to fit that description, but she's been through a lot of adulting stuff in her life already), but those are the exception, not the rule. At 14 or 15, some kids wouldn't even know what'd they'd do if they lost their wallet, much less a passport that they'd probably only signed up for just prior to their trip.

I guess I was the only one taught as a kid to take good care of their passport and lock it in the hotel room's safe for the duration of the trip if possible. I can definitely understand that a lot of people might like this episode due to finding it relatable, though.
Feb 8, 2018 3:02 AM

Jun 2007
I always think of everyday people's lives in that prospect even not when travelling, i loved to hear the same thoughts from Mari!
stupid things like that really do happen, it may look unrealistic to the ones who never travelled far. both Hinata's and Shirase's behaviour are really understandable to me..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 8, 2018 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
Sande said:
I guess I was the only one taught as a kid to take good care of their passport and lock it in the hotel room's safe for the duration of the trip if possible. I can definitely understand that a lot of people might like this episode due to finding it relatable, though.

Maybe the thing that bugged me the most was the fact that this was practically filler with no plot progression thanks to this one event extended for the full episode.

That's exactly what Hinata was doing when she discovered it was "lost".

My reading of the situation is after she handed it to Shirase, they all (apart Yuzuki) got over excited about being in a new place and forgot. Then even after Hinata discovered it was missing her laid back attitude ("it'll show up") coupled with her "I don't like asking for help" flaw meant she hid it. They then all went out for more excitement, so by the time Yuzuki got her to fess up the whole day had gone by since the initial incident. Then Hinata went back to it'll show up and they formulated a plan B.

There may have been no plot progression, but there was a hell of a lot of character progression. I think I learned a lot more about all of them, bar Mari (but the last episode was pretty Mari heavy). Yuzuki probably had more lines in this episode than 3 out of the 4 previous ones that she's been in and we learn that even though she's the youngest she pretty worldly wise and level head (and that you can't hid things from her), we learned about Hinatas past and the real reason she isn't in school and Shirase has had a change in her priorities.
D1tchd1ggerFeb 8, 2018 4:35 AM
Feb 8, 2018 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
Seriously, I have no idea why people find the Merlion so fascinating. It's literally just a statue that spits water. (^.^') 日本人の方、遠慮なく私にマーライオンの魅力を説明していただければ幸いです。

So, as your resident Singaporean otaku, I think it's only my solemn duty to tell you guys that in the recent episode of Sora yori mo Toi Basho, the characters took a trip to Singapore.

Personally speaking, I thought it was... okay? Let's see... They took the MRT, went to see the Merlion (of course), went to Marina Bay Sands, saw the Esplanade, saw the Singapore Flyer and tried chicken rice, kaya toast and durian. Evidently, they stayed at Orchard Hotel...

One of the few times I'm actually proud to be a Singaporean is when Singapore is mentioned in anime. Like in Yuru Yuri. Or Seitokai no Ichizon. Or JoJo's. Or Charlotte. Or C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Oh yes, who could forget Cowboy Beebop and the fact that Faye is supposedly Singaporean. Seriously, my memory for these things is disturbingly good.

However, in this case, it was a little more complicated and awkward than that... Instead of just being mentioned, the characters were kinda extolling the wonders of the various tourist destinations... a little bit too pandery for my tastes? Especially when you've actually lived in the place your entire life... you really look at your own country through a lens of cynicism. Like, are those things really that great? (^.^') There's that disconnect that really takes me out of it. Like, uncanny strange. I'm used to visiting places anime characters frequent, not the other way around. Regardless, it was fun whilst it lasted. (^.^')

Anyone going to go on an anime pilgrimage to Singapore because of this? Lol. (^.^')
Feb 8, 2018 8:11 AM
Nov 2017
And it was episode 6 that I declared Shirase to be my favorite. After finding the passport, that reaction was priceless. Well, it may have been worth a million yen. lol.

Another fantastic episode. Looks like we finally make it to the ship after this.
Feb 8, 2018 3:45 PM

Apr 2016
Sorry. I can't hold back anymore!!!! I have to give this a 10/10. It deserves it so much for how many emotions it's put me through so far.
Feb 8, 2018 4:00 PM

Mar 2016
I like this episode. It tells more about their individual personalities. Their real selves are coming out as the friendship grows. I loved the "I will murder you" scene.
Feb 8, 2018 5:48 PM

Sep 2015
Lol, when they were in the plane I was just thinking Mari are the exact people I get annoyed by in the plane. Noisy and moves around a lot.
It was funny doe and it also bring back the good reminder of how cramp the seat are especially if the guy in front goes and recline his chair. I ride the plane like every other year so I gotten used to it though.

Also the losing passport bit is very relatable to me. though I never lose my passport, something always go awry in my trips. TBH I thought we'd be in Antarctica by now.
Also fresh Durians don't stick very much, in fact it smells rather alright. It' usually the non-fresh ones that stink like diarrhea. never tasted it though. Some people like it some people don't.

Also I always wanted to go to Singapore, man at least I can enjoy it through a screen of animated girls traveling. Very enjoyable episode.
But seriously, what a way to waste a million yen.
zcv45Feb 8, 2018 5:51 PM
Feb 8, 2018 6:12 PM

Jul 2015
Durians. They smell like garbage and or rotting meat, taste just as bad, and have the texture of custard... At least that's what I've heard. I would have slipped out of there so fast.

Anyway, episode got quite feelsy there and then got freaking hilarious, had to replay that ending bit. Once again, this anime is freaking great and Im loving it more than ever.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 9, 2018 3:59 PM
Jul 2017
Touniouk said:
Very solid episode. I have to say tho, it was entirely character building, and considering how expertly the show managed to simultaneously build characters and advance the narrative in the previous episodes, this one clearly stands out as the weakest so far but that's just a testimony to how good the other episodes were if anything.

Yeah, I was feeling something like this but it wasn't clear to me til you said it.

This was a 8/10 episode, but the other episodes were 9/10. Still a great show though...
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Feb 9, 2018 8:37 PM

Jul 2009
Oh man, the joys of travelling and freaking out every 5 minutes when you're not 100% sure where your passport is. xD This episode was super relatable haha. Such a good show, I'm really loving this!
Feb 10, 2018 12:43 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode. Singapore looks pretty cool.
Lol that Hinata lost her passport and they had to buy business class tickets just for Shirase to realize she had the passport all along.
Feb 10, 2018 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
Lmao this episode. ROFL at the ending hehe
Feb 10, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 2012
Their first time journey feels so authentic, the worries of losing stuff, searching bags, sleep problems (lol Kimari), and Singapore scenery looks fantastic (makes me wish to visit).
Shirase & Hinata part well done. I can relate sorta, lost a train ticket to much later find it in my bag somewhere.
Maybe for those kids, but durian's not that bad after trying more.
Feb 10, 2018 7:48 AM

Mar 2016
Actar said:
One of the few times I'm actually proud to be a Singaporean is when Singapore is mentioned in anime. Like in Yuru Yuri. Or Seitokai no Ichizon. Or JoJo's. Or Charlotte. Or C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Oh yes, who could forget Cowboy Beebop and the fact that Faye is supposedly Singaporean. Seriously, my memory for these things is disturbingly good.

However, in this case, it was a little more complicated and awkward than that... Instead of just being mentioned, the characters were kinda extolling the wonders of the various tourist destinations... a little bit too pandery for my tastes? Especially when you've actually lived in the place your entire life... you really look at your own country through a lens of cynicism. Like, are those things really that great? (^.^') There's that disconnect that really takes me out of it. Like, uncanny strange. I'm used to visiting places anime characters frequent, not the other way around. Regardless, it was fun whilst it lasted. (^.^')

I can relate, somewhat. The fact that it's covering the location in the present day probably contributes to the awkwardness. I'm from Croatia, and there is, to my knowledge, only one anime that's (for the most part, aside from one trip to Italy in the middle portion) set there, and it's Porco Rosso, but it's set in the 1920s, and it covers the period pretty well, which is an accomplishment.

It would have been completely different if it was a show set in the present day.

Actar said:
Anyone going to go on an anime pilgrimage to Singapore because of this? Lol. (^.^')

Nope, but it does look interesting.
Feb 10, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2016
As a Singaporean watching this it felt a little bit weird at first, but the artists who worked on this did an impeccable job, the frames of the scenery all the way down to the freaking hotel room[Mandarin Ochard Hotel] and pattern on the carpet(!holy shit!?) were extremely accurate.

Shame they didn't like Durian though, because i love it :x

The whole Durian hate is like a globally sensationalized thing, but people do realise that it wouldn't be so popular if it was actually bad right? It just has a strong exotic taste and smell, people who can't take it will hate it but the people who can usually end up absolutely loving it because it tastes super good.

Definitely give it a shot if you have the chance![Without thinking that it's gonna suck... That's one way to guarantee you won't like it]

And is it just me or does that look like a dildo?
LukioseFeb 10, 2018 8:58 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Feb 10, 2018 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
Lukiose said:

It looks like a pen case, but I'm not surprised you think that, given your sig and avatar.
Feb 11, 2018 5:52 AM

May 2010
This episode was so good and made me feel young hahah. I loved it.
Feb 11, 2018 6:18 AM

Nov 2014
Actar said:

However, in this case, it was a little more complicated and awkward than that... Instead of just being mentioned, the characters were kinda extolling the wonders of the various tourist destinations... a little bit too pandery for my tastes? Especially when you've actually lived in the place your entire life... you really look at your own country through a lens of cynicism. Like, are those things really that great? (^.^') There's that disconnect that really takes me out of it. Like, uncanny strange. I'm used to visiting places anime characters frequent, not the other way around. Regardless, it was fun whilst it lasted. (^.^'')
I don't really remember much in detail about Singapore being mentioned in anime, though I know it had happened quite a few times. However none were as long and detailed as this episode.

Perhaps you could call it a little pandering, but I think these are some of the things Singapore is known for and tourist do come to Singapore just for these things. In fact it's quite common for tourist touring this region to land in Singapore, spend a day here (usually seeing the things depicted this episode) then go to Malaysia.

I view Singapore in a pretty pessimistic and cynical way sometimes, but it's because I've seen a time about 10 years ago when the place was almost spotless in terms of cleanliness and didn't have so many areas that are starting to enter the early phases of being run down. I've got high standards and expectations, so I can't stand it when a person's response to criticism is that we are still better off that some other country. However there's no doubt in my mind how amazing we've performed as a country to get this far.

Lukiose said:
As a Singaporean watching this it felt a little bit weird at first, but the artists who worked on this did an impeccable job, the frames of the scenery all the way down to the freaking hotel room[Mandarin Ochard Hotel] and pattern on the carpet(!holy shit!?) were extremely accurate.
The Marina Bay area I've viewed as I walk near that area leisurely quite a few times. Many times it's getting from Raffles Place MRT to Victoria Concert Hall to either perform or watch a concert. Really brings back memories.

The interior design of Mandarin Orchard in the show really gave me a sense that the characters were actually there. The accuracy is amazing!

Lukiose said:
Shame they didn't like Durian though, because i love it :x

The whole Durian hate is like a globally sensationalized thing, but people do realise that it wouldn't be so popular if it was actually bad right? It just has a strong exotic taste and smell, people who can't take it will hate it but the people who can usually end up absolutely loving it because it tastes super good.
To be fair I hate Durian ice cream, or really durian-flavoured anything really. The creaminess is what I live for. Also I like bitter durians more anyways.

It's an acquired taste. It took me some pretty good durians and an abundance of it lying around to start developing a taste for them. Happened pretty recently too, previously I was neutral towards the fruit. It does amuse me when they eat the actual fruit, one of them says they might actually like it when they get used to it.

Lukiose said:

Umbrella
BurningSpiritFeb 11, 2018 6:47 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 12, 2018 8:31 AM
Nov 2010
Such an amazing series. This episode was hilarious. Facial expressions of the girls are sooooooo funnyyy. luv all the chars :))))))))

Durians tastes gud tho.
Feb 12, 2018 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Very nice episode with things happening. Got all teary
Feb 12, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2007
Just an adorable ep (haven't just about all of them been?). Cool scenery in Singapore... the artists sure know how to craft some great, detailed backgrounds.

Boneheaded as it was for Hinata to keep the group in the dark about losing her passport (at least for a little while), I still feel for her. I'm also the type that never wants to burden or ask others for help, with inconsequential things or even people whose JOB it is to do so (teachers, etc)! Slowly have gotten better at that over the years at least, and certainly wouldn't be as stubborn as her lol.

Cute episode, looking forward to their prep/departure in Fremantle!
Feb 13, 2018 1:40 AM

Oct 2011
The in-flight scenes were on point. Can especially remember missing out on food when I slept through the flight attendants passing it out.

Definitely can relate to Hinata on not wanting to burden other people, waiting until the last minute to tell them when something's wrong.

Overall, really loving the show. It's already had a ton of emotion and character growth, and they're not even in Antarctica yet. Gonna be hard to top it this season for me, personally.
KefkirothFeb 13, 2018 1:55 AM
Feb 13, 2018 7:21 AM

Sep 2007
This episode is loaded with decent character development as with the location accurate details of Singapore (I live here). First of all, the show began with the focus being on the destination that they are going to and it is shifting slowly to focus on the journey instead. This is a trip of self discovery for these girls and for them to understand what is truly important to each of them.

Some have commented that it is hard to believe Hinata not immediately searching for her passport once she suspects that it is missing but I feel it is actually in line with her character that we've seen so far. She is more of the laid back, happy go lucky type and now that they are finally in a new and beautiful place, it would have been a let down for the other girls if they have to fret over a missing passport right after checking in to their hotel. Furthermore it aligns with her character since she does not like others showing consideration to her as she stated so many times.

The airport scene is especially impactful not only from the drama but from the growth of Shirase as a character from a one dimensional protagonist to a multi layered one. Her priorities and motivations are finally starting to shift from just wanting to go to Antarctica. While her quest is almost doomed to fail as it is highly unlikely her mom is not dead yet and is still waiting for her there, I believe she is not naive enough to think otherwise. This is probably for the purpose of closure for herself in order to move forward with her life.

I am actually enjoying this series and this is my favorite episode so far. The characters are all relatable and their motives, actions and growth are better portrayed and believeable than most of the recent animes filled with uninteresting, beta cut outs of unrelatable characters.
InfernalFeb 13, 2018 7:26 AM
Feb 13, 2018 2:40 PM
May 2013
whats the song that start while introduction begins? btw episode was amazing and fun :D
Feb 14, 2018 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
This was another wonderful episode and like Yuru Camp, it is something that I can relax and watch 24 minutes of enjoyable anime.

Personally, though, I haven't experience going outside of my home country but I can only imagine the problems that do come with it. Now I don't know why I want to taste some durian and see if I like it or not :)
Feb 15, 2018 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
Aren't they embarrassed making a scene in front of the airport staff? Moreover, you can't just hand them a bunch of cash and and get tickets if the seats are sold out.

EcchiKingMamster said:
lol that was a fun episode, glad they focused so much on

<-----

BEST

FUCKING

GIRL

too bad we didn't get to see her take her shirt off or shower :(

lol at the end

Yeah, she's adorable. That bit with her posing in the opening makes my heart warm.
Feb 15, 2018 1:20 AM

Sep 2016
HAHA That ending is really good! Didn't expect that plot twist.
This show is really sticking with me... Please don't end T-T

Edit: Shirase might like durians once she gets used to it. Solely because of this she might be best girl of the season for me. Durians are delicious. Fight me.
RaiRyeFeb 15, 2018 1:24 AM
Feb 15, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2007
Faederwulf said:
Moreover, you can't just hand them a bunch of cash and and get tickets if the seats are sold out.

True enough, but there's a difference between exchanging their cheap tickets for and equivalent flight at a later date and buying tickets for much more expensive seats that would not have been covered by those.
Feb 15, 2018 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
luinthoron said:
Faederwulf said:
Moreover, you can't just hand them a bunch of cash and and get tickets if the seats are sold out.

True enough, but there's a difference between exchanging their cheap tickets for and equivalent flight at a later date and buying tickets for much more expensive seats that would not have been covered by those.

True, you'd think she'd mention that there were more expensive tickets available though.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.