Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2014
Man I thought he was broken or something when he answered those questions like it was nothing. Or rather, he couldn't read the situation.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 23, 2018 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
LOL! first part was very hilarious!
The poster that Toku made was so cool compared to the plain poster of Shimada & Yanagihara....hahahaha!
It was crazy hilarious to see the match of Shimada & Yanagihara which is very noisy and disturbing with their coughing and skreaking!! Laughed so much!!
Souya & Kiriyama is now the center of attention because of the Commemorative match! very nice!
LOL Kiriyama also was shocked by the "cool" poster!
Souya is still composed even if he was accidentally splashed by a red wine!
LOL at the "Shogi-no-oni"
I really wonder what kind of atmosphere Kiriyama would experience on having a match to the person who is the current greatest in the world of Shogi!
5/5.

Jan 23, 2018 11:08 PM
Aug 2017
Souya is not bad at social or being a weirdo or something. Don't assume that too quick. There is a reason for that.

Jan 24, 2018 4:19 AM

Apr 2014
Himawari9 said:
Souya is not bad at social or being a weirdo or something. Don't assume that too quick. There is a reason for that.
srsly u know ppl are going to click that spoiler

stop being eager to tell ppl u read the manga. it will come out soon enough
Jan 24, 2018 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
Excellent episode building up to Rei's match with Souya. Shimada, I'll be your fan forever!!! :P Those poor guys being overshadowed by the youngsters lol. I thought this episode did a really great job building up how strong Souya was, especially when he entered with the Japanese clothing, and also the piano music that was playing when Rei was thinking about him. Plus his aloofness with the reporters and stuff was pretty funny :P He's quite the character huh. Really looking forward to the next episode :D
Jan 27, 2018 8:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Souya was like gone to the reception, right?
I suppose that Kiriyama will lose the match, but it will be a great match!!
Jan 28, 2018 4:30 AM

Jul 2008
Oh boy....Rei is going to get his ass kicked hard.
Feb 4, 2018 9:34 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as usual, good build up to the match.
Mar 3, 2018 5:33 AM

Jun 2016
Finally they're going against each other.. Let's see what Kiriyama can do for Souya here
Mar 29, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
He's as weird and unreadable as always, sasuga Souya.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 9, 2018 9:37 PM

May 2012
Alright we get the focus on shogi once more, that's pretty interesting!

Especially that ending and his behaviour! Really looking forwards to the match and thus the next episode.
Aug 16, 2018 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
Wow really looking forward to seeing how this match pans out! The Meijin doesn't seem alright up there!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 19, 2018 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
Another great episode.

Parody of Always: Sanchoume no Yuuhi
Apr 2, 2019 10:18 AM

Feb 2013
Dunno if Souya is super shy or just a bit weird.
He surely memorized those lines.
Apr 2, 2019 7:04 PM
Apr 2018
Souya is like the most human robot. Was there a pun hidden somewhere when the journalist asked him about having spend the whole year for titles?

Also, the woman in the episode ending card was supposed to be Akari???
Apr 2, 2019 7:28 PM
Apr 2018
Akit0 said:
Another great episode.

Parody of Always: Sanchoume no Yuuhi
Oh, nice catch. I was confused as hell when I saw that part.
Jun 22, 2019 10:59 PM

Sep 2017
The beginning about Rei and Souya getting such a cool poster while those two got such a shit poster was really funny. The Chairman is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters from this show. He's like your really cool uncle. That match those two had was pretty pathetic, huh. It was even funnier seeing the announcer have to do a double take on Shimada's move. There is no way the Chairman goes easy on Rei and Souya. Were those match records Souya's? What a nice hotel. Not sure why they needed to attach such a huge key holder, but oh well. Poor Rei, getting roped into bathing with a bunch of 60+-year-old men. I'm glad Nikaidou was able to have such a positive impact on Rei. Rei's answer to that question was actually pretty good and honest. I liked it more than the others he was thinking about. Did Souya just memorize a bunch of answers and pick the one most applicable to the current situation? Yeah, that red wine isn't coming out of that suit. It's ruined. He's rocking the traditional Japanese clothing, though.
Oct 5, 2019 6:03 AM

Jul 2015
Genius vs Genius, the match between Rei and Souya is going to start

Souya is the weirdest character of the whole cast, I wonder if there is something wrong with him or that he is just bad with social contact

Oct 18, 2019 5:56 PM

Sep 2018
The poster scene is so funny!! Hahah and also the sickly showdown hahahahaha

The hotel is so nice! Shogi is really a big thing. So many privileges if you're good at shogi, lucky you Rei!
Souya is such a refined man!

I love this poster <3

Apr 20, 2020 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
ayaaa that whole poster thing was hilarious xDD

and Hayashida-sensei's words, full of wisdom as always TwT "results aren't the only things that reach people" aaa
Sep 8, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2020
Souya is a very interesting character. Hope they will show some back story of his. His absentmindedness during that Q&A shows that he was not prepared for any unusual happening during the event. Maybe his world revolves only around Shogi that leads him unable to develop other social skills. And though he and Rei get compared a lot it’s good to see that they are showing that they might be opposites after all.
Sep 18, 2020 8:17 AM

May 2018
rip Souya he's turning into an answer robot lol
Feb 6, 2021 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. Definitely my favorite shogi based episode so far. Souya is very interesting. What I loved most here was the experimental animation at parts. I also felt like the comedy at the start landed better than normal for this show. I don't know if I can expect this story to be better than hina's in the first half but it is showing promise.
5/5
Mar 31, 2021 6:13 AM

Aug 2018
If even now shougi final has no interest.. I am just fearful for what this sport has in the future.. I mean, more and more popular will become e-sports, really.. I don't know, maybe shougi will remain.. But this final, even if they're old men.. Should gather more people..
Hm.. So question of Rei to Souya was "how is it there - up there past the storms - at the top?".. Was this the question Rei wanted to ask Souya?.. Maybe.. Maybe not.. Maybe one of questions Rei had to the Souya.. Not sure..
I liked how Souya was just like "Wine on me?.. Pff.. Whatever.." ;D And just continues to talk as if nothing.. This man is beast.. ;P And in a good sense.. At least in this exact situation it was kind of cool.. ;P
Who is that woman at the end art?.. Looked a bit random tits service.. I don't recognize her, I think.. Like Akari?.. If it's her, it's very unsual style, as well as her bust gained over 2 sizes for sure, lol..
Jan 8, 2022 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
Ooof. I love Souya so much. I don't know what it is about him I just find him such an experience whenever he's on screen.
Dec 12, 2022 3:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nah, I don't believe Souya is "out of it". I think he's just a really cool f*cking cucumber. Light-colored suit stained with red wine? Who cares right? *proceeds to give vague but professional and composed answer like a boss*

Honestly wasn't actually expecting a match between Souya and Kiriyama so soon. I thought something of this caliber would happen more toward the end, if there even would be a match between them at all. But having it happen now just past the halfway point makes it so much better. An event like this now has more room to breathe, it can take all the time it needs to play out, and we can get a better look at the aftermath that will follow.

A typhoon is brewing just off the coast of Japan, but it is going to pale in comparison to the white storm that's about to take place.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 21, 2023 7:23 PM

Dec 2022
I know it’s not a competition, but something tells me Souya has been through a lot more shit in his life than Rei has. That scene with him giving a random scripted response after getting blood red wine spilt on him was both haunting and disturbing, my goodness.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

229 by astoneon »»
May 12, 5:41 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

248 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:46 PM

» 3-gatsu no Lion is getting a season 3 ( 1 2 )

ranzer - May 26, 2020

68 by Gaurxv »»
Apr 22, 4:56 AM

» 2023: Who else hasn't given up hope for S3?

FMmatron - Jan 10, 2023

43 by DatRandomDude »»
Apr 4, 9:26 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2018

197 by anshumankrsingh »»
Mar 30, 5:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.