Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2018 2:23 AM

Oct 2017
(41) Read a manga that takes place outside of Japan, but in the real world
If the manga takes place in Japan but the characters go overseas to another location will it still count?

I'm assuming no.. because I read halfway through so I am just checking.
Jan 28, 2018 7:38 AM

Mar 2013
Shomiji said:
If the manga takes place in Japan but the characters go overseas to another location will it still count?

case by case basis, if you want to be safe, just pick something different
Jan 28, 2018 10:57 AM

Mar 2016
(59) Read a manga of a demographic that can apply to you
So my question for this is what are you considering the minimum age for seinen to apply? I've seen it vary from early 20s to 15/16+, just felt like I should check before I have to change it later. A cutoff point for shounen could be useful as well, haven't decided what I'll do for it yet.
Jan 28, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
Ironclad_Cobra said:
So my question for this is what are you considering the minimum age for seinen to apply? I've seen it vary from early 20s to 15/16+, just felt like I should check before I have to change it later. A cutoff point for shounen could be useful as well, haven't decided what I'll do for it yet.

From the FAQ: :)
"I'm X years old, does X demographics count?" -- Shounen is intended for male audience from 8 to 18 years old. Seinen is intended for male audience in their early 20s up to their 50s. Shoujo is intended for female audience from 8 to 17 years old. Josei is intended for female audience from 16 to 45 years old. If you're in a gray area like 18 to 21 or 16 to 20, you may choose either one in the male or female audience demographics.
Jan 28, 2018 11:46 AM

Mar 2016
HeNrYTG50 said:
Ironclad_Cobra said:

From the FAQ: :)
"I'm X years old, does X demographics count?" -- Shounen is intended for male audience from 8 to 18 years old. Seinen is intended for male audience in their early 20s up to their 50s. Shoujo is intended for female audience from 8 to 17 years old. Josei is intended for female audience from 16 to 45 years old. If you're in a gray area like 18 to 21 or 16 to 20, you may choose either one in the male or female audience demographics.

My bad, should've checked. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
Jan 28, 2018 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Ironclad_Cobra said:

My bad, should've checked. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

No prob!
Jan 28, 2018 1:58 PM

Jan 2017
Hello, everyone.
We see you all have questions regarding the rules and other challenge-related issues, so we invite you to read this FAQ.
Here you'll find useful information and lists compiled to aide you in your challenge.

You can also find it here: FAQ
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 28, 2018 4:02 PM

Oct 2017
AudioTsunami said:
Shomiji said:

case by case basis, if you want to be safe, just pick something different

OK, thank you.
Jan 29, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
Hello, can I have a recommendation for #17 (Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread)

thanks
Jan 29, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Jan 29, 2018 2:40 PM

Mar 2013
can someone give me recs for everything?

Jan 29, 2018 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
I omitted a few, but here's my rec list.

AudioTsunami said:
can someone give me recs for everything?

KazzeonJan 29, 2018 10:57 PM
Jan 30, 2018 3:56 AM

Nov 2007
Hi guys could someone help me with:
(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

Much appreciated <3
Jan 30, 2018 4:21 AM

Mar 2013
Lyfa said:
(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

Much appreciated <3

Bambino!
Shamo
Shigurui
Jan 30, 2018 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
AudioTsunami said:
Lyfa said:

Much appreciated <3

Bambino!
Shamo
Shigurui

Thank you <3
Jan 30, 2018 5:11 AM

Oct 2015

@AudioTsunami
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 30, 2018 9:45 PM

Nov 2015
For (54) "Read a manga by an author and artist duo" do they have to be an established duo,or is it okay to use a manga that's their first work together?
Jan 30, 2018 9:47 PM

Oct 2015
090Z said:
For (54) "Read a manga by an author and artist duo" do they have to be an established duo,or is it okay to use a manga that's their first work together?

first time work is fine
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 30, 2018 10:14 PM

Feb 2012
Hello friends! I need a recommendation for (17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread!

Also, a question: I remember seeing that publishing manga are allowed for the challenge. When we're caught up, do we mark them as 'completed?' Or do we leave them as 'reading' and just mark the volumes and/or chapters that we've read?
【潔く カッコよく 生きて行こう...】
LET'S GO ON LIVING, BRAVELY & WITH STYLE...
Jan 30, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2015
coolangelsthesis said:
Hello friends! I need a recommendation for (17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread!

Also, a question: I remember seeing that publishing manga are allowed for the challenge. When we're caught up, do we mark them as 'completed?' Or do we leave them as 'reading' and just mark the volumes and/or chapters that we've read?

from your ptr
7 seed
dengeki daisy
emma
kakukaku shijijaka

not in ptr:
firstly the 3 standard reccs i recc everyone
hoshi no samidare
all you need is kill
magico

next:
koe no katachi,
kuro(the one with a black cat)
nineteen, twenty one
Annarasumanara
Suki tte Ii na yo.

also regarding the publishing manga,
yes put the day you caught up and mark it as completed
Mei-o_ScarlettJan 30, 2018 11:11 PM
Jan 30, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2013
coolangelsthesis said:

You mark them as completed, yes.
Since you're up to date, you don't have to mark the volumes/chapters that you read, but it would be easier for us to verify it that way. :)
Jan 31, 2018 9:09 AM
May 2015
Haiya I read a manga that animelist do not have. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Jan 31, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
you can link it from bakaupdates as an alternative to mal.
@jajaxxarden
Jan 31, 2018 9:24 AM
May 2015
AudioTsunami said:
@jajaxxarden

Just copy paste the id number? @audiotsunami
Jan 31, 2018 10:17 AM
May 2017
Hi, I'm going to be very original.

Can I get some recommendations for this item:

Thank you in advance. :)
Jan 31, 2018 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
jajaxxarden said:
AudioTsunami said:
@jajaxxarden

Just copy paste the id number? @audiotsunami

you'd have to replace the entire url with the baka updates one.

Marmi said:
Hi, I'm going to be very original.

Can I get some recommendations for this item:

Thank you in advance. :)

Densha Otoko: Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love Story
kakukaku shikajika
Jan 31, 2018 2:50 PM

Sep 2016
Can someone recommend me some manga for the challenge for 17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread? I love shonen, psychological manga, yaoi/yuri, and romance comedies.

Jan 31, 2018 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
LeonerreFT said:
Can someone recommend me some manga for the challenge for 17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread? I love shonen, psychological manga, yaoi/yuri, and romance comedies.

Here's some psychological stuff: Planetes, About Death, Homunculus, Heads, Kamisama no Iutoori, Nijigahara Holograph, Ningen Shikkaku. :)
Feb 1, 2018 4:26 AM

Feb 2015
Quick question

Say I signed up to the challenge in newbie difficulty, manage to complete it, and want to go for the next difficulty level. Can I change my challenge's difficulty level and crank it up one gear after completing the newbie one?
Feb 1, 2018 4:55 AM

Oct 2015
Aemnesias said:
Quick question

Say I signed up to the challenge in newbie difficulty, manage to complete it, and want to go for the next difficulty level. Can I change my challenge's difficulty level and crank it up one gear after completing the newbie one?

yes, yes you can
Feb 1, 2018 6:29 AM

May 2013
For this challenge,

(31)Read a manga one shot that became a prototype for a longer series

Does the Koe no Katachi one shot count?
自分を誤魔化し、生きることに意味はあるか?
Feb 1, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
Archoxys said:
For this challenge,

(31)Read a manga one shot that became a prototype for a longer series

Does the Koe no Katachi one shot count?

yes, yes it does
Feb 1, 2018 11:34 PM

Mar 2012
Greetings! I have "78. Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member". Anything will be fine. Thank you in advance.
Feb 2, 2018 5:40 AM

Oct 2015
Naykan said:
Greetings! I have "78. Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member". Anything will be fine. Thank you in advance.

as a fan of eva i assume, you gotta read https://myanimelist.net/manga/698/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion since it contains quite a few stuff thats different from the anime

https://myanimelist.net/manga/10552/Hoshi_no_Samidare

https://myanimelist.net/manga/768/Gunnm one of the best sci-fi manga

Feb 2, 2018 4:50 PM

Mar 2016
I have a bunch of questions and items I need help with, recs included. Thanks in advance.
(37) Read a Historical or Military manga:
General recs unless there are any old time yakuza/gambling manga you know of.
(58) Read a manga published in an online magazine:
Need a magazine rec'd if Blade Online isn't actually an online magazine. I think it is, and the 5-page spread from Sengoku Youko would be very confusing if not, but I'll ask anyway.
(47) Read a manga from the ones listed under manga relations in the Hidden Gem of Manga club:
All I want to know is what everyone else is using for this one, going to the club and clicking until something interesting shows up sounds like a drag and I can't really ask anyone to help with it other than this much.
(41) Read a manga that takes place outside of Japan, but in the real world:
The manga Japan starts in Barcelona and I think they stay in that general area when they go to the future. Only thing is, they end up in a fictional, pan European state and doesn't specify further. Does it still count because Europe is still Europe or does the inclusion of all the bullshit discount it? If it doesn't count, recs, please.
(80) Read a manga suggested to you by MAL recommendations or Malgraph+:
Due to unforeseen circumstances (massive PTR), my MAL+ is full of shoujo that I have no interest in reading and I don't know what the other one is. I still have the screen cap from last years challenge, can I read something from that for this years?
(33) Read a manga ranked in the top 5,000:
For these ones, I take it that this is specifically for the score not popularity, right? No recs needed, just checking.
(83) Read a manga that is related to something you have previously read:
Does it have to be part of a franchise, or can I bullshit together a case that Train Man and Molester Man should count?
(36) Read a Sports or Games manga:
Any lesser known titles for this one would be great.
Feb 2, 2018 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
Ironclad_Cobra said:
I have a bunch of questions and items I need help with, recs included. Thanks in advance.
(37) Read a Historical or Military manga:
General recs unless there are any old time yakuza/gambling manga you know of.
(58) Read a manga published in an online magazine:
Need a magazine rec'd if Blade Online isn't actually an online magazine. I think it is, and the 5-page spread from Sengoku Youko would be very confusing if not, but I'll ask anyway.
(47) Read a manga from the ones listed under manga relations in the Hidden Gem of Manga club:
All I want to know is what everyone else is using for this one, going to the club and clicking until something interesting shows up sounds like a drag and I can't really ask anyone to help with it other than this much.
(41) Read a manga that takes place outside of Japan, but in the real world:
The manga Japan starts in Barcelona and I think they stay in that general area when they go to the future. Only thing is, they end up in a fictional, pan European state and doesn't specify further. Does it still count because Europe is still Europe or does the inclusion of all the bullshit discount it? If it doesn't count, recs, please.
(80) Read a manga suggested to you by MAL recommendations or Malgraph+:
Due to unforeseen circumstances (massive PTR), my MAL+ is full of shoujo that I have no interest in reading and I don't know what the other one is. I still have the screen cap from last years challenge, can I read something from that for this years?
(33) Read a manga ranked in the top 5,000:
For these ones, I take it that this is specifically for the score not popularity, right? No recs needed, just checking.
(83) Read a manga that is related to something you have previously read:
Does it have to be part of a franchise, or can I bullshit together a case that Train Man and Molester Man should count?
(36) Read a Sports or Games manga:
Any lesser known titles for this one would be great.

37)
no idea wh gambling would be relate to military or history
but lone wolf and cub
Shin Angyo Onshi
Blade of the Immortal
gunslinger girl

58) i mean blade online is one yes

47)
im using banana fish, but if that's not your thing devilman is pretty good too

41 and 80) we shall discuss amongst ourselves first

33) score yes

83) i mean train man and molester man arent even by the same author at all so please don't, but stick with franchise

36)
ping pong
happy
teppuu
Feb 2, 2018 5:52 PM

Mar 2016
@Scarlett_ryuken
37)Well you never know, there could be some obscure manga about the gambling habits of samurai or even modern day military that I just don't know about.
47)Banana Fish has always stuck out to me as something to avoid, and I've read Devilman, I might see if any other Nogai Go is on there.
41,80) Ok, when/where?
83)Thought as much, the challenge text doesn't necessarily count it out, but I can see it being a pain in the ass to do. If it's just franchises then fairs fair. I mean you could argue that they're both written by 2chan and a whole bunch of other things, but I just wanted to clear up the kind of vague item text.
36)Forgot about Ping Pong, I've been reading a fair bit of that guy lately, so I'll probably go with that, thanks.
[the rest of them]Thanks.
One more question, is it bad that I'm halfway through expert difficulty already? I haven't used oneshots either.
Feb 2, 2018 6:06 PM

Oct 2015
Ironclad_Cobra said:
@Scarlett_ryuken
37)Well you never know, there could be some obscure manga about the gambling habits of samurai or even modern day military that I just don't know about.
47)Banana Fish has always stuck out to me as something to avoid, and I've read Devilman, I might see if any other Nogai Go is on there.
41,80) Ok, when/where?
83)Thought as much, the challenge text doesn't necessarily count it out, but I can see it being a pain in the ass to do. If it's just franchises then fairs fair. I mean you could argue that they're both written by 2chan and a whole bunch of other things, but I just wanted to clear up the kind of vague item text.
36)Forgot about Ping Pong, I've been reading a fair bit of that guy lately, so I'll probably go with that, thanks.
[the rest of them]Thanks.
One more question, is it bad that I'm halfway through expert difficulty already? I haven't used oneshots either.

for 41) nope sorry cant use that, must be irl setting, so use gunslinger girl or emma
for 80) if you go to dis page https://myanimelist.net/manga.php you will see your manga suggestion, use those instead cause you cant use last yr's one =/

47)for hidden manga then
how about
eden: it's an endless world
Historie
Omoide Emanon
Feb 2, 2018 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
@Scarlett_ryuken
Omoide Emanon caught my eye a while ago, didn't know it was under the Gems, thanks.
41)Thought that was the rule so I used it for a different challenge.
80)Ah, that thing. Probably should have guessed that.
Feb 2, 2018 7:45 PM
Nov 2017
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread:"

If possible, only Hentai, it's a Meta for my challenge xD

Thank you
Feb 2, 2018 8:14 PM

Apr 2013
Kynatosh said:
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread:"

Thank you

👀

Suki ni Nattara Icchokusen, or anything by Shiwasu no Okina.
Feb 2, 2018 8:48 PM

Oct 2015
Kynatosh said:

Thank you

my 3 fav ones
https://myanimelist.net/manga/104716/Megumi-san_wa_Musuko_no_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/manga/88170/y
https://myanimelist.net/manga/105299/DLO__Kare_to_no_Yakusoku
Feb 3, 2018 2:40 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
It'd be much appreciated if anyone could help me with a few challenges.

For 17, I need someone to recommend me a manga. A quick good read would be appreciated but by all means make me suffer.
For 25, read a manga from a magazine with less than 150 titles listed in the database... How do I even find that?? Bleh
For 44, if any staff member could recommend me one of their favorites, that'd be great.

Before I get carried away with asking more questions I think I will be all set for now. Thanks for your time!
Feb 3, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2009
LonelyLittleStar said:

For 17, I need someone to recommend me a manga. A quick good read would be appreciated but by all means make me suffer.
For 25, read a manga from a magazine with less than 150 titles listed in the database... How do I even find that?? Bleh
For 44, if any staff member could recommend me one of their favorites, that'd be great.

Before I get carried away with asking more questions I think I will be all set for now. Thanks for your time!

Hi there!

#17 - I'll let someone else do this for you. =P

#25 - You can check this link. The number you see there, is the amount of published titles by that magazine. ;)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/magazine

#44 - Here are some nice readings.
Feel free to ask for other/more options if you don't feel like picking any of these, okay?

Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. | v3.ch18 | (shounen, drama)
Kakukaku Shikajika | v5.ch34 | (josei, slice of life)
Mushishi | v10.ch50 | (seinen, mystery, supernatural, historical)
My Girl | v5.ch55 | (seinen, slice of life, drama)
Feb 3, 2018 2:56 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
i_yuuko-chan said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

Hi there!

#25 - You can check this link. The number you see there, is the amount of published titles by that magazine. ;)

Feel free to ask for other/more options if you don't feel like picking any of these, okay?

Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. | v3.ch18 | (shounen, drama)

Thank you so much ^^
This is perfect!!
Feb 3, 2018 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
LonelyLittleStar said:

44. Read an active MAL staff member's favorite manga

This is MAL's staff, in contrast to 78. Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member. :)

For 17 tho: About Death, Chikan Otoko, Fujimi Lovers, Kimi ni shika Kikoenai, Planetes.
KazzeonFeb 3, 2018 4:05 PM
Feb 3, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2009
LonelyLittleStar said:
i_yuuko-chan said:

Hi there!

Thank you so much ^^
This is perfect!!

HeNrYTG50 said:

This is MAL's staff

@LonelyLittleStar

Dear, sorry!
#44 is meant for a MAL's staff and not MAL Challenge's staff. xD
You can follow the link HeNrYTG50 just provided you, okay?
Feb 3, 2018 6:04 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
i_yuuko-chan said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

Thank you so much ^^
This is perfect!!

HeNrYTG50 said:

This is MAL's staff

@LonelyLittleStar

Dear, sorry!
#44 is meant for a MAL's staff and not MAL Challenge's staff. xD
You can follow the link HeNrYTG50 just provided you, okay?

No problem at all!! Though I did have both on my challenge list.
Feb 4, 2018 6:08 AM

Jan 2017
Is My Young Cat and My Old Dog valid for challenge number 73? There are episodes that it is told on the pov of humans but most of the time it is told on the pov of the animals.
Feb 5, 2018 7:34 AM

Sep 2011

@HeNrYTG50 @i_yuuko-chan or @omakase

Could one of you recommend me a manga for item #78 ?
any type, length, etc
hit me with your worse or best

thanks
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
6 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.