Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2018 8:43 AM

Aug 2014
I expected nothing and this first episode gave me everything
Jan 2, 2018 8:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAWAII >//////<
Jan 2, 2018 8:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Decent start into the new season.

The main characters are both quirky in their own ways (one determined to reach a goal, yet being great around other people who are willing to be with her, the other being insecure about doing something she's never done before but incredibly optimistic).

Humour was nice, art and animation look decent.
Jan 2, 2018 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
Good first ep, a chance encounter leads to tamaki taking the step to do something grand.
Shirase's lost money also leads to her finding a friend, now they go to an exhibition.
Jan 2, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2011
came here to be a hater but there's nothing to hate dammit i sincerely loved the first ep

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jan 2, 2018 9:27 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty adorable first episode. Loved the scenes of them going away on the train together at the end. And I spotted a gamecube! Plus No Game, No Life. XD Well logistics aside this definitely has potential to be quite the enjoyable cgdct show! Hope we see some penguins! XD What are the odds on Shirase actually finding her mother though? Slim imo, but we'll see.
Jan 2, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, I have different impressions after the first episode. On the one hand, the show is clearly done with a soul, the characters are pretty and the plot is not based on fanservice. And on the other, I'm embarrassed by his message. "Run away from home while you're young and follow your dream"? I guess I'm already too old for this.

P.S First I started to "think" that "Antarctica" in this show is a euphemism for yuri, but in the end the episode became less ambiguous.
Jan 2, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2017
EtoileSosso said:
That NGNL reference

The artstyle is nice and the premise got me interested.

If only madhouse came out with second seasons too
Jan 2, 2018 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Wow! I exepected classic moeblob and I got something even better, not to mention brilliant cast, HanaKana, Hayami Saori, Minase Inori, Kanemoto Hisako...

Pretty much hyped up about this show!

RobertBobert said:
I'm embarrassed by his message. "Run away from home while you're young and follow your dream"? I guess I'm already too old for this.

You got it other way around. This title is meant for adults to reflect on their their younger years, wishing they would go on such adventures too. It makes them live such adventures with this anime. And the lighthearted tone of the show was pretty much obvious.
Mich666Jan 2, 2018 9:48 AM
Jan 2, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2010
What a pleasant start. i like it and i shall keep on watching and watching.
Jan 2, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2017
Great Start, I liked this more than I expected. I'll follow this for now.
Jan 2, 2018 9:54 AM

Jan 2008
great first episode. i really like this "i'm going on an adventure" mood :-)
Jan 2, 2018 9:58 AM
Jan 2017
The story begins with Mari's very human motivation to get out of her comfort zone and do something out of the ordinary; in her case, travel to a faraway place. Her meeting with Shirase gives her the opportunity to set off on the journey she longs for, while Shirase gains a friend and someone to rely on. The premise of regular people who seek for an extraordinary adventure would seem far-fetched and corny by today's standards, but I hope this series can put an innovative spin on it. Definitely a keeper for this season!
Jan 2, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
Mich666 said:

RobertBobert said:
I'm embarrassed by his message. "Run away from home while you're young and follow your dream"? I guess I'm already too old for this.

You got it other way around. This title is meant for adults to reflect on their their younger years, wishing they would go on such adventures too. It makes them live such adventures with this anime. And the lighthearted tone of the show was pretty much obvious.

Well, I even now dream of taking a guitar and "finding" a motorcycle to travel around the country like in Easy Rider, but I'm a little scared to see how several 16-17-year-old girls run to Antarctica without even notifying this of their parents. But, this is probably a moment for jokes, rather than serious claims.
Jan 2, 2018 10:41 AM
May 2016
Loved this first episode. Great start and very beauty visuals.
Jan 2, 2018 10:54 AM

Jun 2017
Honestly I was pretty impressed. Wasn't expecting much from this, but I enjoyed the first episode really a lot. As long as they can keep the story interesting and the characters likeable, I could see this being on the top spots of Winter 2018.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Jan 2, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2016
I loved it! the op and ed are so good
Jan 2, 2018 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing Opening and ending song.
Jan 2, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2008
These girls are so precious I might actually die. I can't wait to watch more.
Jan 2, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
This really took me by surprise,characters seem fun and pretty lively,theme songs,OST and atmosphere in general are great, the premise is also interesting.

Overall very decent start and I'm looking forward to more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 2, 2018 12:11 PM

Nov 2016
A very very good beginning. Lovable main characters and great music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2018 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
Reminds me of Sakura Quest for the simplicity and all female cast. The setup is sort of similar to Made in Abyss.
'Girl wants to find her mother so she travels to a distant land'

Seems interesting so far but I don't feel like they did enough with the characters to really give a sense of who they are. I'm hoping that gets better with time. Maybe I misjudged it as a character study, but I got a feeling that they were missing the mark they were aiming for.
It's cute though, so I'll watch it anyways!
Jan 2, 2018 12:24 PM

Nov 2017
Cute girls going on an adventure? Possible suffering? Possible yuribait? Count me in.
Jan 2, 2018 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
payp20 said:
EtoileSosso said:
That NGNL reference

The artstyle is nice and the premise got me interested.

Yeah. Not sure why bother even "promoting" it this way if we cant even get a second season. We did get a movie so maybe its referencing that.
Jan 2, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
this is adorable. madhouse with the movie-like visuals too. this and Laid Back Camp are gonna be quite chill (lol)
i was hoping glasses hair sniffer friend was gonna join the adventure until i looked closer at the key visual again :/
Jan 2, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, the first episode really was better than I thought it would be. I'm already liking the cast and the humour that made me chuckle plenty of times. =)

Madhouse might be busy this season, but so far, they've done a pretty good job with the animation and the art, which reminds me of Tsuki Ga Kirei's art style a bit, but far more consistent in quality.

All in all, I'm hoping that this adventure will be a memorable one. There's a fair amount of CGDCT type of shows this season, so this show has already got off to a solid start. =D

Also, that NGNL cameo at the shop really was cheeky from Madhouse. Make a second season for the show already! >_<
Jan 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
It made me curious. It is indeed possible to go there as tourist and it might cost 1 000 000 yen or more.

So if they are 18, why not ?

Being myself a travel-lover I'm curious about how they'll deal with this thematic : realistically or not.

Watching other anime, I thought Japanese might be quite cold-feet about leaving their island for "real", so it's nice to see a show tackle the issue and maybe, maybe, give some young people the idea of trying it out. Furthermore it's always easier when you're young : no steady job, no lover, no kid, no debt (yet) and you can come back to your parent's house (if they're ok with it) and do it all over again.

I hope they'll get there.
Jan 2, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
More information on the boat they plan to board!

Japanese Icebreaker Shirase (AGB-5003)

Source: Wikipedia
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 2, 2018 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
wow, the directing really made me feel like i was watching a movie at some points! ishizuka probably had a lot of fun creating this. i didnt expect much out of this but it really gives off the adventure vibe more than anything, which seems like it'll be pretty fun once they set out.

also that seiyuu lineup tho

Jan 2, 2018 1:05 PM

Sep 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
It made me curious. It is indeed possible to go there as tourist and it might cost 1 000 000 yen or more.

So if they are 18, why not ?

Being myself a travel-lover I'm curious about how they'll deal with this thematic : realistically or not.

Watching other anime, I thought Japanese might be quite cold-feet about leaving their island for "real", so it's nice to see a show tackle the issue and maybe, maybe, give some young people the idea of trying it out. Furthermore it's always easier when you're young : no steady job, no lover, no kid, no debt (yet) and you can come back to your parent's house (if they're ok with it) and do it all over again.

I hope they'll get there.
yea that 1mil yen should be enough for trip to antartica
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 2, 2018 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
I thought it was pretty okay. It had really nice direction and was a solid start to Winter 2018!
Jan 2, 2018 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
HMMM!! this 1st episode kinda give me feel of one of my recent finish madhouse anime that I completed plus hxh but imo the pacing was bit fast. Maybe this will take different intake of survival or adventure theme I guess.
I think art is already kinda weak point of this show so far but I am expecting this can be more than 1 cour which should depend how dark atmosphere our mc's adventure goes in their way. MC's too kawaiii and Shirase's character felt like mysterious [I mean dropping 1 MILLION money!! :O]
Anyway, this be should be fun watch anime indeed and finally can learn something about Antartica
removed-userJan 2, 2018 1:44 PM
Jan 2, 2018 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
Mich666 said:

Well, I even now dream of taking a guitar and "finding" a motorcycle to travel around the country like in Easy Rider, but I'm a little scared to see how several 16-17-year-old girls run to Antarctica without even notifying this of their parents. But, this is probably a moment for jokes, rather than serious claims.

Not once did these characters ever suggest that they were going to run away to Antartica so I’m not sure where you are getting that from! Also traveling to antartica is not as an impossible dream as you think. My uncle wintered over in antartica twice and I have a work colegue who as part of his undergrad course in uni went to antartica. Finally there are paid tours in special cruse ships that go. Yes it wpuld be difficult for a school aged person, but university level its just about going to the right uni.
Jan 2, 2018 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Really solid intro. Sadly, episode 1s are generally pretty strong and then things go downhill, so my hopes are not up just yet. Really enjoyed this one though

I really liked all the vocal tracks used in here, as well. great voices and catchy tunes
Jan 2, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
scruffykiwi said:
RobertBobert said:

Not once did these characters ever suggest that they were going to run away to Antartica so I’m not sure where you are getting that from! Also traveling to antartica is not as an impossible dream as you think. My uncle wintered over in antartica twice and I have a work colegue who as part of his undergrad course in uni went to antartica. Finally there are paid tours in special cruse ships that go. Yes it wpuld be difficult for a school aged person, but university level its just about going to the right uni.

Again, we are talking about adult people who were physically and morally ready for it. Between this and the schoolgirls who decided to "suddenly change her life" there is a big difference. Especially leaving school and keeping the escape in secret from the parents. However, perhaps we will learn more details from the new episodes.

Jan 2, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2016
Pingu crossover episode when? Good first episode
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 2, 2018 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
I already want episode 2 to be out
Jan 2, 2018 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
This surpassed my expectations. I was expecting your average slice of life with a different setting, but this could be interesting. Let's see how it develops.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Jan 2, 2018 2:05 PM
Mar 2009
Robiiii said:
payp20 said:

Yeah. Not sure why bother even "promoting" it this way if we cant even get a second season. We did get a movie so maybe its referencing that.

I live in Japan, and I can account for convenience stores often having posters for recent, airing, or upcoming movies, and it may be referencing the Blu-Ray release of the movie. Kimi no Na Wa is still the most prevalent advertised movie though!
Jan 2, 2018 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
scruffykiwi said:

Again, we are talking about adult people who were physically and morally ready for it. Between this and the schoolgirls who decided to "suddenly change her life" there is a big difference. Especially leaving school and keeping the escape in secret from the parents. However, perhaps we will learn more details from the new episodes.

They didn’t “escape”. They went to see a boat. You really need to drop the whole “running away from home” thing.

Also I don’t see what the issue with having a dream about going to antartica is. In real like all you would do is just plan which university you go to.
Jan 2, 2018 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
RobertBobert said:
scruffykiwi said:

Don't underestimate kids/older teenagers.

I don't think this story is that unrealistic.
Jan 2, 2018 2:25 PM

May 2011
It's okay I guess though if things doesn't pick up then I might just put this on hold. I'm a big fan of Minase Inori. but I gotta say though this wasn't the best of acting I've heard.

Also can someone explain where the "Sora" came from in the title? Kinda confusing seeing Sora(空) when the kanji says Uchuu(宇宙). Heck even the english title says Universe when usually the english title is farthest from the original japanese title.
Jan 2, 2018 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, what a beautiful start! Wasn't expecting much of this. Thought it would just be some silly "cute girls doing cute things" thing but I can see it getting really good. Excited to see how the other girls end up joining their group. Great series to start the season with. :)
Jan 2, 2018 2:36 PM
Jul 2017
I love this little details
Jan 2, 2018 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
@Kagami To be honest, I did not notice any special preparations from the MC. She just ran after the "newly acquired" friend, who really had a purpose and an opportunity for preparation. And no, I don't underestimate teenagers. Many of my childhood friends have been involved in mountain tourism since the earliest years. I'm talking only about these characters.

@scruffykiwi And how is it called when a teenager runs away somewhere far away and at the same time hiding it from his parents?

In any case, it's slice of life with cute girls, so I see no reason for continuing the conversation. Especially considering that this is just the first episode.
Jan 2, 2018 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
@Kagami To be honest, I did not notice any special preparations from the MC. She just ran after the "newly acquired" friend, who really had a purpose and an opportunity for preparation. And no, I don't underestimate teenagers. Many of my childhood friends have been involved in mountain tourism since the earliest years. I'm talking only about these characters.

@scruffykiwi And how is it called when a teenager runs away somewhere far away and at the same time hiding it from his parents?

In any case, it's slice of life with cute girls, so I see no reason for continuing the conversation. Especially considering that this is just the first episode.

They went on a day trip. Her friend invited her to see a ship. End of story. NOWHERE in this episode is runnng away mentioned. Its in your head. Japanese teeneagers do tend to have more autonomy than western children although perhaps not this much.
Jan 2, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
The art is beautiful, and the premise is something I haven't seen before. I'm wondering by what episode they'll make it to Antarctica.
Jan 2, 2018 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
scruffykiwi said:
RobertBobert said:

They went on a day trip. Her friend invited her to see a ship. End of story. NOWHERE in this episode is runnng away mentioned. Its in your head. Japanese teeneagers do tend to have more autonomy than western children although perhaps not this much.

Is it in my head? :) Lol, and I already thought that in the show they are going to go to the South Pole. Forgive my mistake: D That's why I propose to end this silly debate and watch the following episodes.
Jan 2, 2018 3:35 PM

Jan 2017
The levels to which i can relate to the story are FLYING HIGH. As a passionate trekker and cyclist i'm always onto new stuff. I remember my trip to the amazon forest with some friends and we somehow made it.

I am loving this. The idea is so great and overall, i enjoyed the entire episode, really got me fired up!

Ohh and the MC has the same seiyuu as GLT Chi <3.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jan 2, 2018 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
I wasnt expecting this to be this enjoyable!
I honestly thought it'd be mediocre but the characters seem to be pretty quirky and unique which is a great thing in any SoL!!

Animation is really pretty to me. Its different and the characters have EARS!!! Its so nice to see characters with ears.

Im hyped for this anime. Good way to start Winter 2018 for sure!
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

» Am i the only one who dropped this after 4 episodes?

Damazien - Jul 28, 2020

20 by MathMols »»
Feb 3, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.