Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 27, 2017 8:55 AM
Oct 2007
Absolutely love this episode! I enjoyed watching from start to the very end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
From far one of the best episode of the anime from now !
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 27, 2017 9:27 AM
Apr 2016
Creating an artificial hero, destined to become a real one, if not to atone for his past sins, then to create a brighter future for everyone... Astonishing stuff, I knew he is a Hero of Justice since the get go. The ending though was quite... ominous. As the future of this one hero is not so bright... yet.
Since we finally have a full fledged Mistuki episode, please finally tell me JUST WHAT IS HE READING IN THE OPENING SEQUENCE? What do the characters on the book stand for?
Re:formed
Dec 27, 2017 9:30 AM
Apr 2016
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Fantastic adaptation of the Mitsuki backstory one shot! I'm so glad I can finally talk about Mitsuki having Sage Mode (a badass looking one) without it being considered a spoiler. He's literally the most powerful of all the kids his age currently (Literally this version of Team 7 is made up of monsters). Orochimaru continues being one of the most fascinating characters in the series with how much he's changed while still giving off that unsettling air.

Team 7 was Rin/Obito/Kakashi then Sakura/Sasuke/Naruto, now it is Mistuki/Sarada/Boruto? It seems they wanted to keep the extraodinary meaning of Team 7. One has a sharingan, the other some kinda Alien All-Seeing eye, and then there is a Sage mode at command of the third one...I can only wonder if it is possible to animate the whole epicness behind them in 24 minutes when the time comes.
Dec 27, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
How can other teams possibly compete with this?

Sage Mode, Some weird eye that's going to be OP, and the sharingan.

LOL.

This team is like 1000x stronger than any other team this should has heard of.
Dec 27, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
I already knew what was going to happen since I read the one-shot but it was great to finally see this animated, especially Mitsuki's awesome Sage Mode. This was definitely the best episode of the series so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays like that for a while. Looking forward to seeing Team 7 go on their first mission next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2017 9:45 AM
Aug 2015
Best episode so far.
Dec 27, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2015
Pretty spot on adaptation...
Dec 27, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Backstory on Mitsuki
Interesting episode ... not much too say
Except Orochimaru is a great character ... he’s always making stuff weird
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
Mhmm very good episode, and there's his backstory finally, and how he was created.

And glad Sage Mode finally got revealed for Mitsuki, he was already the strongest of the kids even without it, but now with it he's literally "you're 10 years too young to challenge me" tier.

@TheRealMC Been a while since I read this one shot that got adapted into this episode, but I believe the ending is left open for Log, he might still be with Orochimaru and Suigetsu. Maybe he'll get a more important role later on in the story.
Dec 27, 2017 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
Ramkec said:
Mhmm very good episode, and there's his backstory finally, and how he was created.

And glad Sage Mode finally got revealed for Mitsuki, he was already the strongest of the kids even without it, but now with it he's literally "you're 10 years too young to challenge me" tier.

@TheRealMC Been a while since I read this one shot that got adapted into this episode, but I believe the ending is left open for Log, he might still be with Orochimaru and Suigetsu. Maybe he'll get a more important role later on in the story.

I am sure Log will be a "major save" character in the story. It is strongly implied they are working real hard to be shadow heroes.
Dec 27, 2017 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
  • I remember reading this a long time ago.
  • That Mitsuki form is insane. ~
  • 4/5
Dec 27, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2016
The best episode of the show yet as it actually pushed a storyline forward.
Dec 27, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
Really nice episode, also really liked the fight bretween the two as well. Not often you get swordplay of that quality in a TV series. Mitsuki's sage mode was pretty awesome, not a fan of the horn though.
Dec 27, 2017 6:53 PM

Nov 2016
Such an enjoyable episode this week, great way to finish the year of 2017. The fighting scene between Orochimaru and Log was splendid, and Mitsuki using sage mode for the first time was freaking awesome! He looked Godly!

Great episode, nice to know more about Mitsuki's back-story. 5/5
Dec 27, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
Damn Boruto is getting good! All the stupid slice of life episodes aside, Boruto has been a fun ride!
Dec 28, 2017 12:32 AM
Jun 2017
love the backstory of mitsuki here... it just shows why he is always with Boruto...
Dec 28, 2017 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
Interesting fight.

Also funny at the end how even Salad gets charmed by Mitsuki.
Dec 28, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2017
WTF... Orochimaru's a good parent he let his 'child' follow his own path, i thought he'd be more like:

"VAAGA MUSKO-YO" with the that brooding voice (like emperor charles brittannia to lelouch)

the fight, overall, wasn't very 'orochimaru' -if you know what i mean- but it was actually quite cool and fast paced
Dec 28, 2017 3:27 AM

Jan 2017
EratiK said:
Interesting fight.

Also funny at the end how even Salad gets charmed by Mitsuki.

eeeyy, you call sarada, salad as well (you do, right)... i thought nobody got that -'cause boruto=bolt
Dec 28, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2016
What~? Mitsuki was an android the whole time?
Dec 28, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2012
tambi33 said:
eeeyy, you call sarada, salad as well (you do, right)... i thought nobody got that -'cause boruto=bolt
I'll also probably start to call Mitsuki Full Moon after this episode.
Dec 28, 2017 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:

Artificial Human.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 28, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Did his older sibling really end up being called Mitsuki too... like thats gotta be so confusing and sad.
Dec 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! this is becoming awesome again!
Orochimaru said: "i'm no ordinary shinobi" -> like a b0ss! haha!
Mitsuki sage mode was badass as well!
Orochimaru is still a great threat and a singularity existence that is powerful!
5/5.

Dec 29, 2017 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
Mitsuki's sage mode is very cool! So he fell in love with just a picture, huh? haha
Dec 29, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 2017
Even Mitsuki isn't sure!
Dec 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Mar 2014
Been wondering when this was going to be animated. All that's left is the Boruto movie... probably going to add the extra stuff from the manga when they get to that point.
Dec 29, 2017 1:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
One hell of a test to determine whether Mitsuki still had his skills though. Still this memory thief was interesting and more so because not everything is what it seems. To think that the thief was actually the previous clone though. Its unfortunate but given Orochimaru's personality he will keep making clones until he gets the correct one. Quite the difficult choice that Mitsuki had there though. But Mitsuki's sage like power was interesting though. Its nice seeing that Orochimaru has changed somewhat though in this new age. A nice little memory this episode proved to be and a interesting one as well.
Dec 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
SHINOBI-03 said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Artificial Human.

Yeah, that's what I said. Jinzo-ningen.
Dec 30, 2017 1:48 AM

Jan 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Artificial Human.

Jinzo-ningen (人造人間) doesn't translate to "Android", Mitsuki is not a robot. Artificial Human is how it sounds like; a man-made/synthetic human being made artificially instead of natural ways.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 30, 2017 3:39 PM

Dec 2014
Really good episode.

This is one of the best episodes so far and I can't wait to see how Mitsuki enhances his power in this day in age being everything is more modern and done with a lot of science.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Dec 31, 2017 10:35 PM

Mar 2015
Oh the Mitsuki one-shot finally got adapted, I remembered reading this years ago. But damn, I love Orochimaru sword fight, it's been a long time since we saw him with the sword.

Jan 3, 2018 4:27 AM

Jan 2017
is there no episode 40 this week
Jan 3, 2018 7:02 AM
Dec 2017
It’s a shame we ain’t getting episode 40 today aghh
Jan 4, 2018 2:13 PM
Mar 2016
finally a mitsuki backstory. this was interesting to watch
Jan 6, 2018 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
Mitsuki with sage mode was badass af!
Jan 7, 2018 1:18 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
S-S-So since Suigetsu helped a lot with making Mitsuki, would that make him his h-his h-h-his parent also? o////o I-I asked it! I-I asked the question! salkjfsdlkjs!!

Okay but seriously, what can we call 'em? "Good ol' uncle Suigetsu"?" Second parent but not biologically... maybe, Suigetsu"?
Actually Mitsuki's hair...
I dunno, I wouldn't doubt if Suigetsu donated a little something something.
Uh, though he has part of Juugo's abilities too... so I guess maybe everyone at Orochimaru's place is his parent in a way, but not in the sense of rearing. That would go to Orochimaru.
I just kinda want to say "Uncle Suigetsu" though. That's cute.
Can't stop; won't stop.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 7, 2018 3:52 AM
Jan 2018
Mitsuki's character development in the 39th episode was amazing. That episode
is actually my favorite so far. I'm giving the show over all the side eye, because it
is taking to long to show the fighting techniques and styles.

I understand that this generation is supposed to be weaker because they
are at peace now, but damn! lol The reason why we loved naruto so much
was for the battles. It's 39 episodes in and there's only two notable fights so far.

Hay maybe I am being a negative Nancy........
Jan 7, 2018 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
qwertyMrJINX said:
SHINOBI-03 said:

Artificial Human.

I thought that was obvious. He kept on say my parent. Meaning a
(singular) parent. Speaking of his loyalty to said parent. Also, lacking
the ability to interact with other people around with out looking disconnected other than baruto.

You can mostly tell who each child belongs to just by
looking at their appearance. Since he used snakes for most of his justsu's I new orochimaru had something to do with him.
Jan 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
Naruto is finally over for me, the Mitsuki one shot was the last thing I wanted to see get animated.
Jan 10, 2018 7:49 AM

Jan 2016
Orochimaru fighting with a sword looked like straight up Sasuke. But then again, I guess he's the one Sasuke learned from. Although we didn't see Sasuke use his sword like a badass until Boruto the Movie.
Jan 10, 2018 7:51 AM

Jan 2016
FreshIngredient said:
Naruto is finally over for me, the Mitsuki one shot was the last thing I wanted to see get animated.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, right? It's part of his backstory, and I think it's important that the viewers know about it. Whether you wanted it to get animated or not is out of your hands.

And if I say so myself, I think that's a pretty silly reason to hate on the series. This is far from the worst thing we've seen in the anime so far -- in fact, I'd say it's one of the better stories to come out of the Next Generation.
Jan 10, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
Mitsuki episode and it was amazing <3
Jan 10, 2018 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
hiddenhokage said:
FreshIngredient said:

It was bound to happen sooner or later, right? It's part of his backstory, and I think it's important that the viewers know about it. Whether you wanted it to get animated or not is out of your hands.

And if I say so myself, I think that's a pretty silly reason to hate on the series. This is far from the worst thing we've seen in the anime so far -- in fact, I'd say it's one of the better stories to come out of the Next Generation.
Who's hating? you don't seem to get where I'm coming from, after that shin story arc I put this show on hold and said I'd only tune back in if they did the Mitsuki one shot, they did it I loved it and now I can move on I'm not dropping the series because I thought this episode was bad, I'm just not interested in seeing where the show goes from here, I'm good....Naruto is over FOR ME.
Jan 10, 2018 1:04 PM

Jun 2015
I've always loved this chapter and I'm glad to see it animated.

It feels good to see Orochimaru caring for his children. awwwwww
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 24, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2015
Aaaah! One of the best episodes so far for sure. So glad we got to see some Orichimaru action, it's been a long time. I had my suspicions that Mitsuki would be really strong.. but man that's so OP lmao I'm loving it.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 25, 2018 11:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Orochimaru is kind?! kekeke
Feb 8, 2018 6:31 PM
Sep 2015
Swiggy said:
S-S-So since Suigetsu helped a lot with making Mitsuki, would that make him his h-his h-h-his parent also? o////o I-I asked it! I-I asked the question! salkjfsdlkjs!!

Okay but seriously, what can we call 'em? "Good ol' uncle Suigetsu"?" Second parent but not biologically... maybe, Suigetsu"?
Uh, though he has part of Juugo's abilities too... so I guess maybe everyone at Orochimaru's place is his parent in a way, but not in the sense of rearing. That would go to Orochimaru.
Can't stop; won't stop.

I had sort of similar thoughts on this as well, ever since Mitsuki asked Orochimaru if he was his mother or father I kept going over some of the things Orochimaru said, especially before the scene of him going Sage Mode and I'm almost convinced that his current body is a she and while he, or rather she, created both Mitsuki's artificially to be how she wanted them I still think she impregnated herself and carried both of them and gave birth to the pair.
Feb 16, 2018 1:25 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ninjalord25 said:
Swiggy said:

Can't stop; won't stop.

I had sort of similar thoughts on this as well, ever since Mitsuki asked Orochimaru if he was his mother or father I kept going over some of the things Orochimaru said, especially before the scene of him going Sage Mode and I'm almost convinced that his current body is a she and while he, or rather she, created both Mitsuki's artificially to be how she wanted them I still think she impregnated herself and carried both of them and gave birth to the pair.
Actually, as long as that's possible, that would make sense. It would be an interestingly roundabout way to do it, but effective nonetheless. I wonder if such details would ever be described, but I do feel like you're on to something there and it also provides a bit of food for thought.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.