Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 23, 2017 9:50 PM

Feb 2017
That was a really enjoyable episode. #18's farewell was sad but her elimination wasn't wasted. I'm think #17 might get eliminated next for some reason. So now it's just U7 and U11(so U7 literally erased all of the other universes in the ToP so far). So Vegeta's going to fight Jiren? He have to be careful if he doesn't want to be eliminated.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Dec 23, 2017 10:52 PM
Jun 2017
The fights just get better with every episode.
Dec 23, 2017 11:48 PM
Jan 2010
I like how vegeta suddenly agrees wholeheartedly to fight that thing together and frieza's 余裕感 is nowhere to be seen
Dec 23, 2017 11:55 PM

Mar 2014
Nice, the seeds planted for Goku NTR'ing Krillin when he saved 18.

Jiren is gonna solo so fucking hard next episode. But MFW Vegeta is apparently laying the smackdown on his candy ass.

Next episode is gonna be fucking grouse.
Dec 24, 2017 12:00 AM

Oct 2016
My_Wrath said:
That episode was awesome! Much better than last week. I loved the animation and Aniraza is such a unique character, love his attacks. I would have never thought I'd see Frieza save Goku, nevermind twice in one arc!

I cannot wait for next weeks's episode! (Spoiler alert) How can Vegeta be trading blows with Jiren? Just How? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZVxdawbXs

Like the Same way when he got mad and started Punching beerus
Dec 24, 2017 1:46 AM
Oct 2015
Finally, the best part of the arc is about to commence.
Heckle was here...
Dec 24, 2017 2:02 AM
Feb 2009
Universe 11 just watched while U7 took down 4 "universe" :
U2,
U6,
U4,
U3.

Also, Universe 7 was heavily "responsible" for the take down of :

Universe 9 (first universe to get erased),
Universe 10 (second universe to get erased).

So, out of 8 teams, U7 has eliminaed 6. Meaning, if I'm not mistaken, U7 has eliminated all the universe (even if they did not eliminate all the members, but at least the final one), while U11 has done absolutely nothing except getting members eliminated or going into fight but not eliminating their opponent (Vegeta vs Toppo, Goku vs Jiren) and Jiren having to "nap" conveniently...

After all this, the last 3 members of U11, just arrive like they are the boss or something, talking about "victory" ? Yeah, sure...

Dec 24, 2017 2:41 AM

May 2016
That was one hell of an episode truly incredible.
Dec 24, 2017 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
Aniraza was so much better than Kefla. Even if it's a brute monster, its power makes sense at least, and not annoying.

Anyone notices that Frieza used one hand (or maybe one finger) the entire U7 vs Aniraza clash? It's an anime, and it does not exactly have logic either, but wouldn't it be easier to use both hands, when trying to go all-out? It doesn't matter much, i just found it weird.

No.17 was the MVP this episode! It's nice to see that it wasn't Goku who was the hero this time. I'm starting to really like No.17.

Was Jiren serious? U7's been fighting the entire time, eliminated every universe, while U11 did absolutely nothing, and he says "I hope you liked your last taste of victory". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if U7 lost, but Zeno decides not to erase them, since Goku is his favorite, and basically U7 did all the work. I would surely let them survive after all those eliminations.

Somehow it disappoints me if they start to fight while Goku's been extremely depleted at least twice in the tournament, while everyone in U11 is completely well-rested.
If this is how the fight goes, then yeah, just put more emphasis on the inner-shells, which can only be broken through extreme situations. At least that makes a little bit of sense.

I'm looking forward to the first episode of next year. I'm sure Vegeta just has some sort of pride-anger burst, and he's going to get beaten to a pulp.

I wonder how the pairings will go. Vegeta,Goku vs Jiren. What about the rest?

It's down to the last 8 fighters, with the remaining 9 minutes.
Dec 24, 2017 2:55 AM

Oct 2010
18 fell out saving her teammate and brother, what a fucking champ.
All U7 actually teaming up to fight a superior foe, the 5 man beam gave me nostalgia to DBZ movies.

Next episode (no ep next week, but over 2 weeks) will be hype!! Amazing drawings by Takahashi!! (who also did ep114)
Dec 24, 2017 3:05 AM

Feb 2013
This was a great fight.
17 and 18 were the stars.
Frieza helped too.
Dec 24, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum, vegeta taking on jiren, I see you *_*
Dec 24, 2017 3:48 AM

Jan 2008
So, Vegeta as super1 is as powerful as God Goku now?
Dec 24, 2017 4:00 AM

May 2016
Android 17 was just awesome in this episode and it was cool to see again Freezer
Dec 24, 2017 4:08 AM

Dec 2015
Look at all this bs. YOU ARE DEFENDING THIS STUPID SHOW

He ate senzu beans off screen? WHAT???????????????????????? That does not even make sense. Look at the power scaling. Universe 7 have literally been the only universe ELIMINATING people. Goku has fought EVERYONE. It always ends up being Goku having little power left and then someone finding the will and energy to beat his opponent and then when it's all day, he some how have more than enough energy to go SSG again.

Fuk that.

This show is ass.
IT'S ASSSSSSS

Stop defending it because you know it's ass. YOU KNOW IT.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 24, 2017 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
This was quite a splendid episode. Loved the interactions of the characters, namely Frieza kicking Goku back in the ring. That was a funny moment lol.

18 made the right choice sacrificing herself for her brother because he sure kicked that giant's ass. The battle was cool involving all five of the Universe 7. Idk but I quite enjoy Frieza cooperating with the rest. With him in the team I think they got their win in their hands.

Now onto the final stage..
Dec 24, 2017 4:32 AM

Oct 2016
SkyHora said:

He ate senzu beans off screen? WHAT???????????????????????? That does not even make sense. Look at the power scaling. Universe 7 have literally been the only universe ELIMINATING people. Goku has fought EVERYONE. It always ends up being Goku having little power left and then someone finding the will and energy to beat his opponent and then when it's all day, he some how have more than enough energy to go SSG again.

Fuk that.

This show is ass.
IT'S ASSSSSSS

Goku is strong, nothing new man, Youre just understimating him.
He has power to go Red but its not able to keep using it all the time.
Since he fought Jiren he still isnt able to use his full power with blue and kaioken and mantain it the way he did vs jiren, I dont see it as an issue that he can let some extra power out from time to time to save himself. Dont act like a kid in the comments please.
Im sorry but the only ass here is you.
Dec 24, 2017 4:49 AM
Dec 2017
Maitoz said:
My_Wrath said:
That episode was awesome! Much better than last week. I loved the animation and Aniraza is such a unique character, love his attacks. I would have never thought I'd see Frieza save Goku, nevermind twice in one arc!

I cannot wait for next weeks's episode! (Spoiler alert) How can Vegeta be trading blows with Jiren? Just How? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZVxdawbXs

Like the Same way when he got mad and started Punching beerus

Thats true but there's no Bulma around this time though, so I wonder what could get him so triggered. Maybe his ego?
Dec 24, 2017 4:56 AM
Dec 2017
Darius said:
My_Wrath said:

because Vegeta is the best thats why

Vegeta fan boy alert, hehe. I bet that's the same logic Toriyama uses from time to time, screw power levels!
Dec 24, 2017 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
A non U6/7/11 fighter that's not a fodder? Am I dreaming right now?

This episode is much better that I expected. It has a nice Frieza-Goku moment. The final beam struggle is pure hype. It even got a classic DBZ vibe with everyone teaming up against one big "villain". Some power scaling issues here and there, but much less jarring than what the whole tournament had been. Now THIS is what the arc should have been.

Though it looks like Jiren got a huge nerf from the preview.
Dec 24, 2017 6:08 AM

Sep 2015
Thats funny how the last remain 5 just turn into Super Sentai
Into the Internet!
Dec 24, 2017 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
Okay episode for the most part.
17 is the savior of this arc. xD

Like most people have stated, it does look like Jiren was nerfed in the PV which if he really was then it's gonna suck.

ZBlastHistory said:
Thats funny how the last remain 5 just turn into Super Sentai

+1 to this. xD
Dec 24, 2017 7:37 AM
Apr 2014
Generic giant video game boss with warping punches, k.
Next episode's animation looks so crisp based on the preview, they only remember the budget when Jiren is in action.
Dec 24, 2017 7:40 AM
May 2012
so yeah...I'm sorry but I;m not buying this...from the PV Vegeta is trading blows with Jiren wihle being Blueoh wait...he's even kicking him ...yet Goku was roflstomped in that form...if you want Vegeta to get stronger just give him UI...
Dec 24, 2017 8:12 AM

Apr 2015
Damn that preview was lit!! Vegeta working on Jiren
Dec 24, 2017 9:05 AM
Oct 2016
A perfectly serviceable and entertaining episode, I don't even know why the people who hate this are still watching at this point. I was really hoping that 18 would stick around to the end for the team up but I guess they decided 17 and Freeza have to be there because their appearance in this arc feels like a one-off thing.
Dec 24, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
  • This episode was okay, but the net one is gonna be lit.
  • Btw that monster was strong. ~
  • 3/5
Dec 24, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
My_Wrath said:
Darius said:

because Vegeta is the best thats why

Vegeta fan boy alert, hehe. I bet that's the same logic Toriyama uses from time to time, screw power levels!

who gives a shit about power levels it's all about the hype
themanualreader@proton.me
Dec 24, 2017 10:47 AM

May 2013
Congrats DBS

I thought i would never see the day where Super give me an episode that i don't have any problems with.
Episode 121 is easily the best episode Super has ever aired. It's so good that rating for the episode was is a 10/10
Dec 24, 2017 11:40 AM
Jul 2014
MarianSony11 said:
so yeah...I'm sorry but I;m not buying this...from the PV Vegeta is trading blows with Jiren wihle being Blueoh wait...he's even kicking him ...yet Goku was roflstomped in that form...if you want Vegeta to get stronger just give him UI...

Vegeta landed numerous hits on Beerus when he was angried after Beerus slapped Bulma. I am pretty sure Beerus at that time can fuck up Vegeta the same as Jiren did to Goku.
Dec 24, 2017 11:41 AM
Dec 2017
Dec 24, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2014
SkyHora said:

Fuk that.

This show is ass.
IT'S ASSSSSSS

1. He ate senzu beans off screen meaning that he ate one and it didn't show in the anime.

2. Universe 7 eliminating so many people is strange. However, I think that Universe 7 is the strongest team overall.

What the DBS director should have done is let other character fight while Goku rest.

If you don't like the Anime then stop watching it. Are are we going to see you bitch against next two weeks?
Dec 24, 2017 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
This show is trash. I'm going to see how badly they nerfed Jiren. Goku had to go into Ultra Instinct to fight Jiren but some how Vegeta managed to hit him in ssg???

This sht is trash. There's no saving DBS in this arc. This will be the last time you see me.

IK you know dbs is trash. It's obvious.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 24, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
what a christmas present, a good episode of dbs!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 24, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015

SkyHora said:
I know you know

Thanks for reminding me about watching the Psych special ! I knew I had forgotten something more important than catching up with DBS on Christmas day, I just couldn't remember what.
Dec 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
The fight was awesome, but Universe's 3 final weapon was basically Hatchiyack, Janemba and some other DBZ villain combined. Also, Mosco at the end reminded me of Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Same idea about where his real body was placed.
Dec 24, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode. The fight was really nice to watch. And Aniraza was definitely something new, a giant monster which moved super fast und had a lot of unique attacks. Goku and Co. had a hard time but seeing all of them building a team, even Freezer, was just perfect.

So 18 also is finally out. Like someone mentioned, no girls in the final. 17 had a really bad ass moment at the end. Vegeta so jealous :D

That combined attack of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and Freezer gave Aniraza the rest and so Universe 3 also got eliminated. Was interesting to finally see the person which was inside of this robot. Would be interesting to know why he showed up only for this last moment.

The next episode will be so good. I can't wait to see Vegeta going all out on Jiren. And damn this Final Flash in the preview looks brutal.

Dec 24, 2017 6:05 PM

Jun 2016
If they just focused on not getting kicked out of the plataform they'll win. Obviously that's not the way Goku does things hehe.
Quién dijo que todo está perdido, yo vengo a ofrecer mi corazón...
Dec 24, 2017 6:06 PM

Dec 2017
Only lil' bitches and wusses would do that.
Dec 24, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2015
This felt like a movie with the final Boss fight and our heroes uniting to topple the bigger threat and it was delish!
Dec 24, 2017 10:37 PM
Nov 2016
I enjoyed this episode and the next episode will be even better. Vegeta will finally kick some ass but I don't like how a SSB Vegeta is trading blows with Jiren like that, Goku was not able to do it in SSB + Kaioken so Vegeta landing blows means that Jiren got nerfed... not cool.

As much as I want to see Vegeta kick some ass I don't want to see him hitting a nerfed character, I would prefer if Vegeta gets Ultra Instinct or something similar to land blows on Jiren but not like this.
Dec 25, 2017 4:26 AM

Dec 2015
What a bad réminiscence of what the movies/OAVs from back then used to be.

1/5
Dec 25, 2017 4:26 AM

Dec 2015
What a bad réminiscence of what the movies/OAVs from back then used to be.

1/5
Dec 25, 2017 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Next episode we will get some sexy animation
Dec 25, 2017 4:46 AM
Nov 2014
Who would've guessed that 7 and 11 rae going to be the last 2 universe. This series is SUPER unpredictable.
Dec 25, 2017 5:18 AM

Nov 2008
Wow people, are you sure you watching shounen anime? What's next, trying to find logic in anime with magical little girls?
Dec 25, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah Dragon Ball Super episode 121 was amazing in everything from action to the fantastic animation. For the last episode of 2017 it's one hell of a one to go out on. Literally the ultimate team up episode. Seeing that 5 way united beam struggle involving characters I never thought I would see working together was amazing (Frieza seems to have gotten pretty chill with Goku now hehe). Can't stop smiling. I love this show.
Aiko_HiroshiDec 25, 2017 8:18 AM
Dec 25, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2009
Drake1000 said:
Next episode's animation looks so crisp based on the preview, they only remember the budget when Jiren is in action.

You don't realize that Aniraza was inspired by several of the old DBZ movie villains? He was literally using Janemba's warp punches from movie 12 which was freaking cool as heck.
Dec 25, 2017 8:15 AM

Feb 2015
The episode was pretty "meh" until all of Universe 7 got together and began powering up for the final confrontation against that thing. Android #17's finishing punch was amazingly animated and looked so cool. Not the greatest episode, but pretty entertaining nonetheless. 7/10

Finally, nothing but Universe 7 and 11 left. Feeling excited about Vegeta's fight against Jiren.
SkyHora said:
This show is trash. I'm going to see how badly they nerfed Jiren. Goku had to go into Ultra Instinct to fight Jiren but some how Vegeta managed to hit him in ssg???

This sht is trash. There's no saving DBS in this arc. This will be the last time you see me.

IK you know dbs is trash. It's obvious.

This arc is still at least 10x better than everything that came before it.
Dec 25, 2017 4:01 PM

Oct 2016
Drake1000 said:

One of the best animators of Super are working on that episode
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 7 hours ago

5 by 1ElijahB »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.