Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2017 10:42 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Steam Keys went out today

We got a full hour of Nekos and my god was it beautiful

I was born in the right generation

*Chocola is best grill*

OrangeJPDec 21, 2017 10:53 PM

Dec 21, 2017 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
Thoroughly enjoyed it; heres hoping we can get more ovas to cover the franchise. Im a happy backer.

Though I wish Milk had her appearance.
sirwenceDec 22, 2017 6:36 AM
Dec 21, 2017 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
That was surprisingly amazing. I didn't really expect too much going into it, especially considering it was crowdfunded (glad to have been a part of that), but man did it flip any uncertainties I had.

Only complaint I have is the length. Definitely not long enough; I need more nekos.

9/10
Dec 22, 2017 3:29 AM
Jan 2014
Man was it worth the wait , sad that Milk didn't appear but it's still worth it. God was it beautiful and can't wait for Loli ChocoVani OVA wooohooo
Dec 22, 2017 8:06 AM

Jan 2012
VANILLA BEST GIRL! So worth the wait (though we got it early).

Also I love the way that they handled the Kickstarter. Great communication, releases on track, and problems solved swiftly. TOM screws them over? Early xmas gift for everyone! And then free Nekopara vol.1 for many backers just because of Steam limitations. I don't think I have a single complaint except the off timed subs. Okay maybe I want another OVA :(

Dec 22, 2017 8:18 AM
Apr 2015
Honestly the game was just better, and it wasn't really worth watching this ova.. nothing that could separate it from the game.
Dec 22, 2017 8:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I did´t play the game, but the ova was very nice!!!
Dec 22, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
Vanilla. Best. Girl.

that was better than I thought, I guess I should go and finish the games xD
Dec 22, 2017 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
I haven't played the game (not yet) but I really liked this OVA. But one is not enough, I want more of these neko girls. ^^
Dec 22, 2017 12:14 PM
Jul 2015
I'm so god damn happy about this OVA. Watched it last night when I received my key. I've been waiting for this all year, probably one of my most anticipated things this year, and I'm so god damn happy about the final outcome. Coconut is still best grill, I love her heterochromia, but I really loved Chocola and Vanilla in this OVA too. This was everything I could've hoped for.

Don't we also get a backstory OVA and game too? Since it was part of a stretch goal.
Dec 22, 2017 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
I've never played the games. Vanilla > Chocola...also, my sensitive feelings of rage began to rise up when the main guy got tricked into keeping Chocola and Vanilla, and then was basically forced to take on a whole army of catgirls. I dunno why, but things like that bother me...like the kid being forced with the baby in Beezlebub.

I imagine the other catgirls were nice to see if you've played the games/have their backstory, but they didn't really add anything for me.

Okay, if Chocola and Vanilla passed that Bell exam, they must just give those Bells to anyone.

Despite my complaints, this was a cute and at times funny OVA (the bit about 'period pain'...)

6/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 22, 2017 3:41 PM

Feb 2011
Raidriar said:
VANILLA BEST GIRL! So worth the wait (though we got it early).

Also I love the way that they handled the Kickstarter. Great communication, releases on track, and problems solved swiftly. TOM screws them over? Early xmas gift for everyone! And then free Nekopara vol.1 for many backers just because of Steam limitations. I don't think I have a single complaint except the off timed subs. Okay maybe I want another OVA :(

My only complaint is the subs for signs overlapping the dialogue subs, but that's probably a Steam problem, not Nekopara problem. I can overlook the occasional misspelling and grammar problems. So far (I'm about halfway through) I haven't seen anything that made the subs difficult to understand.

ICanSnake said:
Don't we also get a backstory OVA and game too? Since it was part of a stretch goal.

Yes, both the mini visual novel ($800k goal) and an OVA based on it ($1m goal) funded, so we'll be getting them eventually. They wisely focused on getting the main OVA done and released first. I figure it'll be a 30 min OVA and the game will be about the same length as Nekopara Vol. 0.
Dec 22, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2013
This was fun and better than I had anticipated. So I am really happy how it all turned out and glad I backed this. The only real negatives worth noting was that the animation was rough and choppy at points (particularly with scenes with heavy movement e.g. the chase scene) and the script could have been a bit tighter at times and have more jokes included. Lots of fan service but that is as expected. Overall, none of these negatives hampered the experience for me and it was a fun and cute hour break. I would be down for a sequel.
Dec 22, 2017 10:49 PM
Feb 2010
my neko's appearance at the aquarium is cutest 5 second i've seen in my life.
Dec 22, 2017 11:35 PM

Jul 2017
WOW that went by fast. You sure that took up an hour of my time?

Was this better than the VN? Hell no, but that took up 6 hrs of my time and this took up a little less than 1.

Solid 7.5/10 —-> 8/10 on MAL. No H-scenes = little character development.... eh whatever

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 23, 2017 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
I wish it had the H-scenes,

But this was a good adaptation
Dec 23, 2017 2:42 AM

Sep 2014
That was a good OVA and I wish for more in the future especially the adaptation of Vol. 2.
Very kyut middle card as always Neko works and especially the chibi HNNGGGG.
Dec 23, 2017 4:50 AM

Feb 2014
oh my lord christmas came so early this year

Animation was great
Story was good
VA is okay

Overall 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
shimada_m said:
oh my lord christmas came so early this year

Animation was great
Story was good
VA is okay

Overall 9/10

It was the same cast, but it didn't feel like that
removed-userJan 30, 2018 5:49 AM
Dec 23, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
Don't watch this, save your time.
Dec 23, 2017 11:05 AM
Oct 2012
while this was great the VNs were better. they left a whole lot out. the main issue was the staff, they did not hire an animation studio or get someone else to do it. instead it was mostly artists however they did get the original actors from the VNs. all in all this was great and i hope that we get someone to make it into a series so that we do not miss big chunks of the story and hopeful will get 3 seasons.
Dec 23, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2016
this is far better than most garbage VN adaptation out there.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 23, 2017 11:47 PM

Jan 2013
As someone only into nekopara for the h-scenes this is extremely boring. Had even less fanservice than I expected.
Dec 24, 2017 12:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The start, yes, was boring, but when start the development start to be nice, although this final was horrible!!!
Dec 24, 2017 8:16 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Huh, I completely enjoyed this! Honestly, I don't really mind the lack of H-scenes. This OVA is kawaii af! >////< This has gotta be the cutest OVA I've seen this year! xD

This sure was a lovely Christmas present! <3
Dec 24, 2017 1:22 PM

Jun 2012
superunature said:

You're seriously one of those who paid 9000$? You rich son of a neko.
Dec 25, 2017 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Cman1337 said:
superunature said:

...MY DOOD... BRO... MAH MAN... I don't have words for how hilarious hearing that is. But at the same time, I gotta show respect, takes a lot of love to drop that much money on something. Most I can do is fan art. I know the Nekos are proud to have someone like you backing them. A true hero.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 26, 2017 12:33 AM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed that, pretty much everything I wanted out of a Nekopara OVA. Hoping for more in the future, which I suspect will likely happen.
Dec 26, 2017 6:33 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol well this was kawaii as expected

no fanservice though :(
Dec 26, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
This was a lot cuter than I had expected.

Chocola and Vanilla had such a fun chemistry with the MC. This was just a really lighthearted comedy that I surprisingly enjoyed. That Steam price though...$30.00 for it...wow. So overpriced.
Dec 26, 2017 8:23 AM
Feb 2010
DuoraDoll said:
Cman1337 said:

...MY DOOD... BRO... MAH MAN... I don't have words for how hilarious hearing that is. But at the same time, I gotta show respect, takes a lot of love to drop that much money on something. Most I can do is fan art. I know the Nekos are proud to have someone like you backing them. A true hero.

yeah, now just need vol.2 to be animated through kickstarter so I can get her a sister.
https://puu.sh/yMhbO/62c1d1b6b0.jpg

Dec 26, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
This was like reading playboy for the articles.

There were a few cute moments now and then, but it mostly felt so rushed that I couldn't care much about anything.
Dec 26, 2017 2:40 PM
Sep 2014
superunature said:

yeah, now just need vol.2 to be animated through kickstarter so I can get her a sister.

I'm curious, what was the process behind the scenes of putting that character in the OVA? Did you already have the design ready and just send it to them or were you somehow describing it to them?
Dec 26, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
Do people seriously consider this "Good"?

The 7.5 score is WAY TOO HIGH for shit like this
Dec 26, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2012
NamelessWaltz said:
Do people seriously consider this "Good"?

The 7.5 score is WAY TOO HIGH for shit like this

Sorry. Unfortunately we are not as evolved as you, so we may like something outside of your "unquestionable quality standard"

But thank you for trying to lighten our lives with your vast knowledge ;)
Dec 26, 2017 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
As expected somebody who faps to "anime cat girls" would get triggered by my honest opinion about some shit trend ...

Sorry for having an opinion lmao
Dec 26, 2017 5:07 PM
Feb 2010
TTsuyuki said:
superunature said:

I'm curious, what was the process behind the scenes of putting that character in the OVA? Did you already have the design ready and just send it to them or were you somehow describing it to them?

you spec it for her (name, height, hair, eye colors, breed, hair style, clothing, owner, personality, etc.) and she designs it for you. and you are allowed to make revisions after she sent you a rough.
Dec 26, 2017 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
NamelessWaltz said:
As expected somebody who faps to "anime cat girls" would get triggered by my honest opinion about some shit trend ...

. May I know why you are here in this site if you don't like catgirls. This is pure fanservice. The study needn't be good, actually this is pretty decent for a Kickstarter. We gotta work with what we have. Producing a single episode costs lots of money. The title says it all. This is not LOTR, or Evangelizing or AOT or SAO or lelouch or FMA. So again why were you here. If you're just trolling then you got a reply. Be very happy.

These things are very niche genre. So please be a little forgiving.
Dec 26, 2017 6:50 PM

May 2012
NamelessWaltz said:

It's all right. I'm sorry if you, at the height of your wisdom and accomplishment, had to descend into this environment full of people who "faps to" anime cat girls " and unfortunately did not succeed in conveying their" unquestionable quality standard "

----
Ignoring your tone of superiority, what is the problem of people positively assessing something that was fun for them? Is it complicated to understand that people have different parameters of fun and that this is not something to be "measured"? Many people (myself included in it) value experience and fun much more than quality. I did not watch for an AOTY.... but for a nice result of a project that started in Kickstarter.
If this "crap" is good for these people, what's the problem? Will drop the note of your "pseudo-cult anime"? Just grow up and learn to live with different tastes.

PS: I have the games and I have no problem admitting this. I have fun with them, the same way I have fun playing Persona, FFXIV, Zelda, Witcher III or whatever.
Dec 26, 2017 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
I think this was better than the VN but that's really just me. They fixed some of the problems the series had initially so it was just cute and fluff. Though this won't be pleasing for some fans due to the selling point being the H-Scenes rather than the SoL since the SoL aspect in the VN is pretty damn weak.

At least the anime made it much better in that regard but I do think it should have been more. Overall I give it around an 7/10.
Dec 27, 2017 2:18 AM

Apr 2016
Sometimes i'm forgetting that anime is produced by nipponjins, this ultimate utopia where cats are actually cat girls.

Why does this anime doesn't have harem tag tho ? When it is like absolute harem ? 5 cat grils + even imouto. Aslo why was this not adapted as hentai will forever be beyond me.
Dec 27, 2017 2:21 AM
Apr 2013
superunature said:
TTsuyuki said:

you spec it for her (name, height, hair, eye colors, breed, hair style, clothing, owner, personality, etc.) and she designs it for you. and you are allowed to make revisions after she sent you a rough.

Are you Bill Gates in disguise?
Dec 27, 2017 3:08 AM

Sep 2015
+
- They animated some CG
- Dam smotch animation (most of them)
- Vanilla not poker face like the VN

they skip the part when they on heat i think they remove everything about the Master can make the Cat into KoiNeko even the non H one.

Swagernator said:
Sometimes i'm forgetting that anime is produced by nipponjins, this ultimate utopia where cats are actually cat girls.

Why does this anime doesn't have harem tag tho ? When it is like absolute harem ? 5 cat grils + even imouto. Aslo why was this not adapted as hentai will forever be beyond me.

The harem start from vol2 each new volume he bang pack of 2 new girl from the 6 Cat.

Vanilla more into yuri
Into the Internet!
Dec 27, 2017 3:19 AM
Feb 2010
worldeditor11 said:
superunature said:

unfortunately, I'm far from rich. Money still hard earned.
Dec 27, 2017 3:25 AM
Apr 2013
superunature said:
worldeditor11 said:

unfortunately, I'm far from rich. Money still hard earned.

That $9000 dollars is a huge sum of money man. Anyway, hats off to you for your dedication sir. Too bad they din't make a hentai out of this cause it will be a contender for most well-animated hentai since the 90s.
Dec 27, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2014
it was very disappointing. Poor direction, average animation and pointless
additional scenes. That's all for over a million dollars? 5/10 for nekos
AND THAT PRICE ON STEAM = 30$ Pff... Greedy assholes

Visual Novel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This OVA
_StillAlive_Dec 27, 2017 9:25 AM
Dec 27, 2017 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
The universe kinda creeps me out, What kind of sick things would bad people do to these cute catgirls...
Dec 27, 2017 12:13 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Nice hour of nekos.
Some parts of the animation could be better, but I enjoyed the whole hour of paradise. The clothes were amazing would've liked some parts without, but still really nice. Time for a full series.
Maple looked good and would like to see more of her.
Also this reference
Dec 27, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
It was alright, chocolat and vanilla too cute, haven't played the VN but I have seen the doujins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Some development instead of only cute sol moments, the nekos and master stay together :)
7/10
Dec 27, 2017 5:49 PM

Sep 2016
Not enough of best girl Cinnamon.
5/10

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This was supposed to be hentai??

ItzYaBoiSatan - Mar 22, 2018

11 by Yerusalhgf »»
Mar 4, 2021 12:08 AM

» WTF!?!?!?! ( 1 2 )

AX3M - Mar 18, 2017

62 by AX3M »»
Mar 17, 2018 11:43 PM

» Its December...where is it?

-Jefuri- - Dec 4, 2017

13 by LoliMiyuki »»
Dec 22, 2017 3:27 AM

» Nekopara OVA PV

GangsterCat - Jan 20, 2017

22 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Oct 22, 2017 2:15 PM

removed-user - Jun 30, 2017

15 by removed-user »»
Oct 16, 2017 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.