Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2017 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, this episode gave me nostolgia especially with some of the storytelling regarding Negi.

Mizore Yukihiro made her appearance this episode. Cute girl but also a bit annoying. We also had the other girls dressed up in maid outfiits. Honestly, this episode also felt really silly especially with the fan service and "washing Touta's back" competition.

Yukihime's words are valuable this episode though especially for Touta and the revelation about Negi.
Stark700Nov 27, 2017 9:39 AM
Nov 27, 2017 9:40 AM
Nov 2017
Love the episode and progression
Yukihime confession about loving negi made me cring and laugh abit
Love how they water it down by letting Tota use Grandfather instead of (your husband son nagi) Lel
Like its gonna make any difference xd
cuck cucku doodle dooo!
Rip nagi you won't be missed
By yukihime.
Nov 27, 2017 10:41 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this episode felt alot more Negima!

awe man am i in love with Karin<3

dat emotionless, but at the same time not, and give not fuck personality LOL
EcchiGodMamsterNov 27, 2017 10:44 AM
Nov 27, 2017 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
tota is a clone well dang ..so does nagi not have children to begin with...just curious
Nov 27, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2014
so Santa won't be in the show
dropped
Nov 27, 2017 12:29 PM
Mar 2016
Oh boy a Onsen fanservice, ok so Tota is a clone, what's next????
Nov 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
So this is really harem afterall... well, I don't mind but either it's should shounen or harem, inserting those rabukome scenes into serious story seems just... weird (not to mention the fact that Kuroumaru already decided she's a girl - without any previous notice - how else would he/she be able to be around those women naked without second thought? And yes, she IS a woman).

The ending revelation was just... I dunno... feels like the story is all over the place and doesn't make any sense right now. Sure, it was interesting to see android Chachamaru and old Ayaka (and her granddaughter who looked and acted more like Asuna in a way) and also flashback from the previous manga but as for him being a clone... well, that was just stupid developement I guess. Eva probably created him for sake of freeing Negi from the witch and Averruncus tried to destroy him as he opposed the idea to create Negi's clone in his stead, killing Touta foster family in the process but knowing it doesn't make it any better.

And with 3 episodes left I honestly don't know what they tried to achieve with this anime - either is lengthy advertisment to the manga or it's the story that didn't even started in the first place. And either thing being true is not good cause I honestly doubt anyone who watches this mess would be lured to read more... quite opposite actually.

And don't go with the saying that another Akamatsu's adaptation was butchered, a) he's part of production comittee this time so he's also held responsible, b) his shounen stories and overreaching arec aren't that good either - it's rabukome he's good at nothing els and diverging away to any other genre just leads to inevitable catastrophe for him.
Nov 27, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2013
So many skipped chapters! I’m glad that I’ve read the manga lol

Fun harem antics was fun but the ending made the episode significantly more interesting.
Nov 27, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
Let’s throw in some fan service to make up for the convoluted plot.

Could have done without this episode.
Nov 27, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2014
Mich666 said:
So this is really harem afterall... well, I don't mind but either it's should shounen or harem, inserting those rabukome scenes into serious story seems just... weird (not to mention the fact that Kuroumaru already decided she's a girl - without any previous notice - how else would he/she be able to be around those women naked without second thought? And yes, she IS a woman).

The ending revelation was just... I dunno... feels like the story is all over the place and doesn't make any sense right now. Sure, it was interesting to see android Chachamaru and old Ayaka (and her granddaughter who looked and acted more like Asuna in a way) and also flashback from the previous manga but as for him being a clone... well, that was just stupid developement I guess. Eva probably created him for sake of freeing Negi from the witch and Averruncus tried to destroy him as he opposed the idea to create Negi's clone in his stead, killing Touta foster family in the process but knowing it doesn't make it any better.

And with 3 episodes left I honestly don't know what they tried to achieve with this anime - either is lengthy advertisment to the manga or it's the story that didn't even started in the first place. And either thing being true is not good cause I honestly doubt anyone who watches this mess would be lured to read more... quite opposite actually.

And don't go with the saying that another Akamatsu's adaptation was butchered, a) he's part of production comittee this time so he's also held responsible, b) his shounen stories and overreaching arec aren't that good either - it's rabukome he's good at nothing els and diverging away to any other genre just leads to inevitable catastrophe for him.

Basically, this is just advertisment and they seem to be trying to get an audience with Negima references. For exemple here, they jumped over a whole arc just in order to introduce quickly Ayaka and Chachamaru ( which are from Negima )
So a lot of things don't make any sense. Why Kirie would develop more than a crush on Tota so quickly while she didn't interact that much with him ? Because in the manga there is a whole arc, between her introduction and the episode we've seen today, that have been skiped :(

The original manga isn't good honestly, there is a lot of flaws ( bad character developpement, predictable story ), but here, it's even worse
Nov 27, 2017 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not really in the mood to redownload it and check but did they just re-adapt part of the UQ OVA?

Oh and because they're rushing this to hell skipping several chapters and even arcs, the relationship between Kota and the other girls, especially Kirie, is extremely weak in the anime. This episode felt like they were just shoving her into the harem instead of letting it progressively happen in the manga. At this pace, they should have probably just skipped it entirely, though I guess I need her 'other' ability, assuming they even get that far.
PaulNov 27, 2017 4:31 PM
Nov 27, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
This episode compared to others felt really, really rushed... I think I'm kind of mixed with this at the moment. Because it seems like they wanted to go to the main thing going on, but then it felt really... just messed up. It's not terrible by any means, at best it's just... well... just an eh episode. I would say.

Of course blame me for getting into this while not reading enough from Negima's manga adaption though, that's on me. Of course I still enjoyed UQ Holder for what it has, hopefully the later episodes becomes better. Of course.

Again, not a terrible episode, definetly the weakest but... its just eh, I'd say.
Nov 27, 2017 5:43 PM

Nov 2011
So now the question is does Negi even have any kids? I mean Tota is more of a Son then a Grandson but damn man...a clone and an immortal...kid keeps getting the short end of the stick...or the long end if he's okay with everything lol.

I mean shit I would be surrounded by pretty girls all day.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 27, 2017 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
Wellllp now I see why it's only 12 episodes for the season.
Nov 27, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2009
OH MY GOD THE NOSTALGIA
Negima flashbacks are too powerful.

Skipped a bunch of stuff unfortunately... Kirie's affection for Touta wasn't quite so sudden as this.

@ibraheem234 @SoraSenpai the answer is no, Negi didn't have any normal kids. He chose the hard path: save everyone, so he worked his ass off for decades, no time for fun.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 28, 2017 12:04 AM
May 2009
Did they really just skip 30 to 40 chapters!?
They're butchering this adaption just like Negima by skipping over fights, changing plot points and rushing things and the animation isn't that good either. The manga deserves a faithful adaption and not this piece of filth.
Nov 28, 2017 12:23 AM

Jul 2016
Oh man I already hate the harem plots a lot when the manga first showed it and the anime somewhat make it even worst than the manga, due to it's COMPLETELY no built-up on the girls' feeling on Touta (Except Shinobou, but not that much tho). Thanks to Akamatsu and the anime staff team to rushing the story plots to promoting the Negima series. They should brought Ikku's age reveal in around EP6 or EP7 instead of showed it in this episode. Though it's nice to see Eva and Ayaka have a conversation in this episode since they never talking each other in the manga.

I'm also don't like how Touta's secrets was explained in the anime compared to the manga where it's explained by a killer why tried to kill Touta and said it in a cruel and brutal way, that make Touta feel despair because he is not even a human. Oh well at least Touta's secrets revealed in the anime isn't bad as EP3 and EP5 did, though I'm still thinking of want to skipped that part which I watch this.

Mich666 said:

Just because Akamatsu is part of the scriptwriter in this anime that doesn't mean the Anime isn't butchered the source material, it's more like Akamatsu clearly don't care what's the manga fans hoping for a anime adaptation.

And also if you seen Akamatsu's Twitter, it's seem like he didn't fully acknowledge what's the anime staff doing to the anime other than he wrote a basic script (I guess), he even have no idea why is Shinobou's introduce was changed in the anime back when EP3 was aired.

Stickfinger said:
Did they really just skip 30 to 40 chapters!?
They're butchering this adaption just like Negima by skipping over fights, changing plot points and rushing things and the animation isn't that good either. The manga deserves a faithful adaption and not this piece of filth.

This anime is basically just to make a promotion of the manga so..... yep. What's even worst is Akamatsu is part of scriptwriter in this anime and yet the filler and rushed plots is still happening.
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 28, 2017 12:30 AM
Nov 28, 2017 1:11 AM

Feb 2009
I don't know why, but it feels quite embarrassing to watch this part (love comedy + ecchi) animated. I feel like this sort of theme belongs only to manga... And the fact that they skipped a lot of chapters only makes it worse.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Nov 28, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2017
Blow said:
I don't know why, but it feels quite embarrassing to watch this part (love comedy + ecchi) animated. I feel like this sort of theme belongs only to manga... And the fact that they skipped a lot of chapters only makes it worse.

not to mention 90% of it was censored to make it kid friendly unlike the manga. But the censors were logical and realistic at least.

--
On another note

Anyways, this is why I love UQ Holder. it reminds me of the old days of shonen series.
Still i didn;t like how the staff changed many things from the original source or skipped others.
Like how shinobu was actually Touta's first friend in his journey instead of Kuromaru, and that he is the reason why she is in the city.
And that Touta also since the beginning openly declared that he loves Yukihime (which is why the girls are so desperate for him and why Karin is so skeptical and treat him with contempt). In the anime, Touta and Evangeline's relationship looks more like brother and sister. There is hints that Touta has some feelings for her but its never openly declared like in the manga.
The reason on how Touta learned about Negi and his past.
Kirie's hair is ginger not blond. She has the same hair color as Hasegawa Chisame and Narusegawa Naru. (She is the naru character of UQ holder just like Chizu was in Negima.)
Well, they did that too to the first anime adaptation of Negima.

12 episodes? I expected at least 24. I mean the original Negima anime was 24. That is enough to cover most of the manga so far. I wonder why they wet with 12.
Maybe is because the new trend in modern anime adaptations?
Or is it budget allowance?
ThatRandomDudeNov 28, 2017 9:12 AM
Nov 28, 2017 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
RandomCritic said:
Kirie's hair is ginger not blond. She has the same hair color as Hasegawa Chisame and Narusegawa Naru. (She is the naru character of UQ holder just like Chizu was in Negima.

I like to imagine that Kirie's hair is ginger, but apparently it isn't. Most of the cover arts from the manga depict her hair as blond. There is one manga (vol. 4) though in which her hair is close to ginger (and that's how I like to imagine it).
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Nov 28, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
Nice episode! and more revelations revealed!
and this is the part there I stopped reading the manga lolz...
4/5.

Nov 28, 2017 11:55 PM

Jul 2016
RandomCritic said:
Kirie's hair is ginger not blond. She has the same hair color as Hasegawa Chisame and Narusegawa Naru. (She is the naru character of UQ holder just like Chizu was in Negima.)

Wasn't Akamatsu already changed Kirie's hair color back when Vol. 4 cover released? Yep Kirie did have a ginger hair when she first appeared but Akamatsu changed her hair color later may be due to he want to makes her look different than Chisame and Naru does.
Nov 29, 2017 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
Why'd I hate this author harem genre?
Because it always has horrible unharem ending.

I don't care about the plot but I kinda like Karin.
Nov 29, 2017 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Short anime like this which only has 12 episodes, a filler episode is so unnecessary, but this one's decent, at least. I laughed my ass off throughout. Haha. I may be wrong that this is a filler episode. Lmao.

Tota this time -- just like his grandfather -- is creating his own harem. I'm so done. Lmfao. The fact that the whole episode is about the girls competing for Tota. Jesus Christ. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 29, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Short anime like this which only has 12 episodes, a filler episode is so unnecessary, but this one's decent, at least. I laughed my ass off throughout. Haha. I may be wrong that this is a filler episode. Lmao.

To be fair, this episode is indeed based on the manga but this is showed too earlier here compared to the manga, due to they skipped one entire arc just to showing any staffs related to Negima.
Nov 29, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2017
Mich666 said:

I thought UQ is the sequel of Negima?

Is it a different world line or something?
Nov 30, 2017 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
TsundeReaper said:

This is indeed the sequel but the beginning of the manga (Not anime due to it's always stick with the Negima stuffs even since the EP1) barely mentioned any staff the Negima and it's not a fully sequel of Negima until Negi (The protagonist from the prequel) make a actual debut in the manga, so this is also can be claim as it own series.

And also......:
Dec 2, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
TsundeReaper said:

This is indeed the sequel but the beginning of the manga (Not anime due to it's always stick with the Negima stuffs even since the EP1) barely mentioned any staff the Negima and it's not a fully sequel of Negima until Negi (The protagonist from the prequel) make a actual debut in the manga, so this is also can be claim as it own series.

And also......:

Okay, I get the gist of it but
Dec 2, 2017 6:14 AM

Jul 2016
TsundeReaper said:

With how the story goes.......... yep.
Dec 2, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
If there were not some clarifications on certain characters, and revelations at the end of the episode, I would have rejected this episode, not for the fact of having exaggerated with the fanservice, as for having imposed such a sudden acceleration to the narration so point blank.

All the beautiful girls become adorable little grandmothers.
Dec 3, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2015
they just skipped a lot of chapter from manga. WTF
Dec 23, 2017 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
Ikkuu well done got all girls fired up i enjoined it (i mean the part u messing with them)!!! lol
Jan 15, 2018 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
lol, they just got trolled by Ikku. so Ikku is a cyborg, not a complete robot like Chachamaru.

Eva married to Nagi right?
so you're saying that, Eva also fall in love with her son in law?
isn't that makes them an incest then? lol

I'm still curious what Negi gonna say before the transmission cut off.
Jan 25, 2018 4:10 PM

Feb 2014
A clone with different hair color..? =O nice. Unless Negi dyed his hair with red color... lol
Oct 16, 2019 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
So we finally got the reason why Eva cut Negi's transmission off so abruptly, guess it makes sense somehow. Though that witch must be hella strong.
Mar 30, 2022 2:00 PM

Nov 2010
Very nice slice of life episode. I like Mizore, since the time I saw her in the OP. I really thought she was related to Asuna. I wonder what happened to Asuna.

Kirie is so damn cute the more I look at her.

Damn, Ayaka is super old now! Nearly or 100 yrs old at this point I think. That flashback from the simple times 80 yrs ago hit too close to home, it makes me depressed since it reminds me of how fast time flies and that all good things always comes to an end. It's a fact I can't ever come to terms with.
Jun 23, 2023 4:11 PM
Nov 2022
this episode felt alot like a filler episode.. BORING!

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

80 by Maknae19 »»
Jun 5, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2017

67 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

59 by Dudes3712 »»
Feb 20, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2017

49 by DiegoSxnpai »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

43 by dontknow14 »»
Sep 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.