Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2017 6:48 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
some parts of this episode looked even cooler than they originally did in the manga, especially some of those Brook scenes! whoever's working on the animation direction recently has been doing a really solid job!
that moment with Reiju was great, we'll see more about that later but I just want to say it really got me more excited to see this stuff to come in the anime!
Nov 25, 2017 7:19 PM

May 2016
Brook hit them with that OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU technique.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 25, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
A fucking awesome episode and man this arc is single handedly making me love Brook more than I already did! Also it's gonna be cool to learn more about Pedro and watch his fight next week
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 25, 2017 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
First half was sleep inducing but brook and big mom save the ep.
Pedro and tamago have past and he's ready to die.
Nov 25, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
Carrot and Brook for MVP of the episode, Brook especially was way too awesome when he was taking down those guards.

Someone shot Reiju?!

Pedro's willing to sacrifice his life so the Straw Hats can succeed. :(
Luffy does not want to be stopped.

Nov 25, 2017 10:09 PM

Feb 2017
Oh so Pedro VS Tamago will officially began next episode. Looking forward to it.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 26, 2017 1:21 AM

Jul 2010
Something is off in pudding . Maybe she is the one who shot reiju
Nov 26, 2017 2:37 AM

Feb 2013
What is Pudding going to do?
Someone shot Reiju, probably that Bege bastard.
Lol, Mom took 50 years from Pedro.
Nov 26, 2017 3:20 AM

Oct 2017
MY GOD!!

What an episode!! I'm guilty of saying that I didn't expect much from this episode but seriously... this was one of the best episodes!!

I have finally come to love Brook... for the second time in the series (yeah, the first time was for time in thriller bark but that didn't last long!!

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Nov 26, 2017 3:34 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was lit,loved the Brook action, well done Toei.

Reiju got shot,oh the suspense...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum, things are getting exciting.
Nov 26, 2017 7:07 AM

Feb 2016
So much happended this ep , reiju getting shot at guess it was that bej guy he is definitly planning sth but im glad she escaped somehow. then there is pudding i kinda feel like she might suicide or sth and brook is in a crappy situation and 50 years from pedro :/
Nov 26, 2017 7:28 AM

Mar 2016
Brook got some more new skills up his sleeve! Also, did Brook just used kenbunshoku HAKI to dodge that bullets or was he just fast!?!?!?

50 years of Pedro's lifespan was taken. I hope he'll get them back from Bigmom.

Nov 26, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2014
I know I've heard it at least 815 times now but Luffy wouldn't lie to me! He WILL become the pirate king in the next episode! ...lol
Nov 26, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
That Brook greatness!
Nov 26, 2017 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
It’s good to see Chopper and Carrot finally taking down Brulee’s group.

Big Mom’s entrance was hype!

Next episode is looking extremely promising.
Nov 26, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
Brooks fight was absolute on point. I loved how he showed some of his sword skills and didn't let his opponents any chance.

Big Mom looked so furious about what Brook and Pedro were doing. In this episode you could definitely see why she's an emperor. She destroyed that door so easy :o

That scene with Pudding was sad :(
I really want to know what she whispered Luffy and Nami.

Wtf happened with Reiju? Who was the person shooting her in the leg?

Pedro vs Tamago should be very interesting next episode especially with hearing more about the past and what happened there between both of them and with Big Mom. Crazy that Pedro lost 50 years.

Nov 27, 2017 7:11 PM

Jun 2014
Seriously, people have to get back to the anime because the adaption is on fire! All the Brook combat and added "filler" character moments does so much to add to the enjoyment.

Next week is getting a lot of hype. Noboru Koizumi is returning as supervisor and he's also the original character designer from episodes 1-403. Marks the end of a 520 episode absence. I doubt he'll stick around for too long but it'll be something special.
Nov 28, 2017 2:55 AM

Feb 2016
As a manga reader Somehow I want to spoil a certain moment for everyone here loool...

This arc is so far away from being over...
Nov 28, 2017 3:01 AM

Feb 2016
SIOPAOBUN said:
Seriously, people have to get back to the anime because the adaption is on fire! All the Brook combat and added "filler" character moments does so much to add to the enjoyment.

Next week is getting a lot of hype. Noboru Koizumi is returning as supervisor and he's also the original character designer from episodes 1-403. Marks the end of a 520 episode absence. I doubt he'll stick around for too long but it'll be something special.

Man don't make me regret switching to the mangalooool...
Nov 29, 2017 8:38 AM

Mar 2015
Just as we're gathering some much needed momentum, we'll be sidetracked for backstory for Pedro next week. Not sure what to feel.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 29, 2017 8:44 PM

Feb 2015
Well, this is a great episode. Brook battles and the arrival of Big Mom. The encounter between Pedro and Tamago. What happened to Sanji's sister a Luffy's idea to get the hell out of there.
Nov 30, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell just happened to Reiju and what's she planning to do anyway?
Dec 1, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 2015
Dayum Brook is cool! And what happened to Reiju? What was she even planning to do?
Dec 2, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2008
At the rate it's going, the Reiju reveal will be in two weeks....then this arc gets real good.
Dec 4, 2017 2:45 PM

May 2015
Well Pudding talk with the crew was a relief because I was concerned about her betraying them (so far, the only decent daughters that Mom has is Lola & the fishman who married ones oj Jimbei's crew mate) but on the other side I'm concern because that looks like she is planning to end her life... I hope I'm wrong and if not that Sanji save her...
Dec 26, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
RIP Brook... though you're already dead anyway YOHOHOHOHOHOHO
No idea what Reiju is doing there though.
Jan 17, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2010
Can't believe we didn't even learn what Pudding told Luffy and Nami, I need to know! >_<

I also have bad feeligns about Reiju, who shot her? And, maybe even more importantly, what was she planning to do right before that? I have a feeling this might be related to Sanji somehow, ugh...

So much stuff is going on!
Feb 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Dec 2014
I have a bad feeling about Pudding now that I think about it. I don't think she told Luffy and Nami about the fact that they had hostages if Sanji tried to leave. Them getting caught in the forest and not holding up the promise to get Sanji at the coast was a bit too inconvenient. Was she the one that shot Reiju?

I really do hope she isn't a bad person. The overly nice and apologetic ones always seems to be the most suspicious ones.
LeMastaFeb 18, 2018 5:20 PM
Sep 30, 2018 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
Wait wtf, who the hell shot Reiju D: , at least she's still alive for now ...
The Brook fighting scene wasi awesome.

What the hell is Luffy's plan, making a tornado by spinning really fast and flying the book away ^^ ?

Also I gotta say, I'm enjoying One Piece a lot more the last few episodes.
PrOxAntoSep 30, 2018 11:37 PM
Oct 4, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
Wood does not conduct current...
Jan 7, 2020 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Brook is strong when he wants to be. Him showing his sword-fighting skills against Big Mom's guards left me impressed. Alas, as I said, when it comes to the StrawHats 'smooth' plans are flushed down the toilet. Didn't expect Big Mom's arrival in the treasure room. Brook better make a plan soon. I am curious though on how Big Mom's soul manifestation would fare against Brook.

Speaking of Big Mom, despite her aggressive tendencies and questionable methods, she sure acts like a child sometimes. Just one glance at Brook left her in wonder and sparkly eyes. Now that I think about it, even her tantrums resemble that of a child. Huh, that's interesting.

Chopper and Carrot teamwork, impressive. Gets to show that a well-thought plan can even defeat strong opponents easily.

Wonder who shot at Reiju. Out of all the Vinsmoke family, she is the only one I find tolerable. I am also pondering on the whole Pudding situation. Just what did she say to leave both Luffy and Nami in a state of temporary shook? Interesting

Poor Pedro, he lost 50 years of his life? I am really curious to see his past and why he was in Big Mom's territory in the first place. Nonetheless, Pedro vs Baron is going to be cool from the look of things.

Luffy has a plan to escape his and Nami's prison? Ooooh boy, considering it is Luffy, I am it will be remarkable.
Jul 5, 2020 5:30 PM

Jun 2016
When trying to deduct the possible solutions for the Sanji problem, I didn’t even consider Pudding being the one to ruin the wedding. We don’t know for certain what her goal is but I assume it’s something along those lines. Perhaps a better plan than the Sanji crossdressing one I came up with. Regardless, I hope I can at least see the dominos set up for the Brook encounter. Firstly, he did some AOE damage dealing like a true god of death, moving swift and fearsome, dodging bullets as if he’s using some observational haki, and clearing the room. He needs to succeed to save face, lolol, as his ally is risking his life for this. Smoothie never did break the ‘one and only’ door down as she waited, and this made me think that the domino set was Chopper having won in the mirror world and it would play out in him offering Brook an escape through a reflection in the room. Eventually it would be realized Brook escaped through a means other than the one and only exit. Now that could still occur as an escape from Big Mom but for now Brook is facing an emperor alone. At least she’d want to catch him alive rather than crush his bones here and now.

Reiju happened to have quite a mysterious scene introduced throughout the episode, her missing in the Germa squad as they planned to keep Pudding hostage, and then her sneaking around before being shot. Was she hoping to help Sanji in some way? On top of that and Pudding's secret, Pedro and Tamago’s past was finally revealed. Both of them are missing an eye and we learned the truth of Pedro’s past. When he was here last, he lost 50 years of his life. As they say, the most dangerous people are the ones with nothing left to lose.
Aug 3, 2021 10:51 PM

May 2016
Damned if they do and damned if they don't, huh? With how Germa 66 plans to use Pudding as a hostage and Big Mom going back on her promise to Sanji, they're pretty much screwed no matter what happens... Judging from Luffy and Nami's reactions, Pudding must be planning to run away at the last minute. Considering how Big Mom would be glad to have her children killed if they rebeled against her, that's pretty much a death sentence.

I can't even imagine how horrifying it was for Brook to suddenly see a furious Emperor of the New World corner him all of a sudden. If anyone else had been in his place, they'd probably be deader than dead in no time since the only reason why Big Mom would capture Brook alive is because of him being a skeleton.

Damn it, Reiju... Don't die on me! It was probably Bege that shot her point blank.

Aug 20, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2019
Who might've shot Reijuu there? Hmm?
Sep 4, 2021 10:33 PM

Aug 2021
Reiju got shot omg

Luffy trying to become a yoyo
Sep 18, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2012
Would Pudding even be a good hostage? Doesn't seem Big Mom would care.
Aug 25, 2022 10:46 PM
Oct 2020
Overall a pretty solid anime with an entertaining plot. Pacing gets weird at times though.
Feb 14, 2023 10:17 PM
May 2016
asdaasdas asdads
Feb 24, 2:23 AM
Oct 2019
Oh no Pudding gonna sacrifice herself, Big Mom going to kill her for sure.

Brook is Amazing!!

who the hell just shot Reiju?
is it actually Capone?
and what is her planning anyway?
Mar 9, 8:29 AM
Feb 2022
Surely the guy from the worst generation who works for Big Mom was the one who shot Reiju. Things are heating up.

Spanish translation:
Seguro el sujeto de la peor generación que trabaja con Big Mom fue quien le disparo a Reiju. Las cosas se están calentando.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - 11 hours ago

24 by Nerdason »»
45 minutes ago

» My theory about the one piece

elops_ms - Apr 30

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 985 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 31, 2021

73 by MegaApple »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

148 by MegaApple »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 83 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

65 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.