Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, I can't stand some of those older guys in the suits.

I like the second half of this episode more though as it had a more thrilling feeling to it especially during the scenes when those two kids were trapped inside the burning fire. Quite a tragic segment though. This episode explored more storytelling about the Snake and Dragon including their time as thieves that helped the poor.

I think this episode was important to further establish the personalities of the snake and dragon.
Stark700Nov 21, 2017 8:51 AM
Nov 21, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
The good ol' flashback within a flashback...

Not the most exciting episode for me, especially with how little the main plot was advanced, but it looks like we may get quite a bit going on next week.

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Nov 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see more backstory for the Tatsumi Brothers. They're just thieves with no goodness in their hearts. They'll do anything for money. I don't really care much for them, so this episode was boring.
Nov 21, 2017 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
This was definittely an improvement compared to last episode. Am looking forward to the next episode
Nov 21, 2017 10:01 AM
Nov 2016
So this episode we got the second half of the Dragon and Snake background story.

There wasn't much fighting pertaining to the Juuni Taisen itself. It'll be fun to see if Ox can counter Dragon's surprise attack but I think he can because I think the final battle will be between the Rat, the Rabbit and the Ox. I still think the Rat will win, seeing as how he is the most mysterious. Or, the producers may kill if Ox and let Tiger continue. Both of them will be very predictable PL developments but this show has been predictable from the start.
Nov 21, 2017 10:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Can't wait to see Dragon die next week lol but nice flashback nonetheless
Nov 21, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2016
Not much happened this episode, but it was interesting enough. They seem to set the stage for an exciting episode next week, with Ox and Tiger against the little brother, so hopefully that will play out good and will have an entertaining battle.
Nov 21, 2017 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
welp no fighting this episode, but at least the flashbacks are good

and next week seems to be the flashback for rabbit so he will die soon too eh
Nov 21, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Not much happened, but at least the flashback was good and Dragon didn't died in the last second, like I thought it would happen (he will probably have an anticlimatic death next episode, but well...).
Both Tatsumi brothers are a pair of assholes, but I like the twisted Robin Hood image they have (and they are kinda cool, not gonna lie). Also, I find funny the fact that one of the most powerful warriors around the world (who also happens to be an skilled robber/mercenary) published a blog about reptiles in his free time.

I like the team Ox and Tiger make, the stoic guy + loud girl duo never fails to amuse me.
I wonder if Rabbit will join the fight or not.
Nov 21, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2010
getting some back story is nice, but honestly don't really feel like I've learned something new about the Tatsumi brothers - liked the flashbacks in episode 7 more

wonder if we get something of a backstory for bunny next week - was disappointed there was nothing on it in the light novel, so hope the anime will make up for it
Nov 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
Absolute trash episode. And THAT animation...
Nov 21, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2016
Wow an episode all about characters I don't care about, one because they aren't interesting, and two, they're going to die anyway so why care at all?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 21, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2015
So this show chewed through several warriors in the first few episodes to show us flashbacks in pristine production quality?

King's Game is beginning to look better in comparison; it makes me laugh at least.
Nov 21, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2015
Yuigon said:
Absolute trash episode. And THAT animation...

Evil or Live quality animation right there.
Nov 21, 2017 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
An okay episode. We learned more about dragon and snake. Dragon will most likely die next week.

Nov 21, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2016
Animation in this episode was trash compared to the others but we are getting close to the finale so I assume next episode or after there will be a spike in animation quality.

Dragon and Rabbit will soon join the battle, especially since it is Rabbit's pov next episode, hopefully they will provide an actual backstory for him unlike in the light novel.
Nov 21, 2017 12:07 PM

May 2016
TheFreycook said:
Wow an episode all about characters I don't care about, one because they aren't interesting, and two, they're going to die anyway so why care at all?
Some may find them interesting, the psychology of most of the characters are unique. Also it's a death battle, 99% of them are going to die, without backstory or focus the characters would be even more bland, unlikeable and underdeveloped.
Nov 21, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
Never really cared for these two so their flashback, while interesting, didn't really do anything for me......except establish the fact that these two are assholes, but that already seemed obvious lol. They're kind of cool when they go all out though, like when they were chasing their clients.

There also was no advancement for the actual story, but it looks like we'll get back to that next week. Dragon will finally get in on the action, and it looks like we'll see Rabbit again.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 21, 2017 12:14 PM

Nov 2009
A lot of ugly-looking off-model mug shots in this one and no deaths. Probably a double death next time? Of the Dragon and the Rabbit.

Not surprisingly, both brothers were quite the scumbags, but not without brains, at least the older one.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 21, 2017 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
Don't take money from the Tatsumi brothers, lesson learned.

Episode wasn't bad and even kinda interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2017 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
So we're probably going to get another episode where more than one character dies, since the preview already spoiled that next episode is going to be focused in that little piece of shit Rabbit. All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.
Nov 21, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2016
Around what time in the episode did the animation drop? Was it the Hospital scene?
Nov 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2016
holy shit that animation. i can feel clearly that the budget is diminishing lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 21, 2017 12:52 PM
Apr 2015
Worst episode so far. I've pretty much loved the series until now, so this was a bit of a disappointment. Animaton quality was terrible, I'm not a big fan of the brothers and even less interested in some random kids with zero relevance to any kind of character development. Like yeah, the brothers are apparently horrible heartless people, got that already.

This was boring but I assume the next episode will have a lot more action (and hopefully better animation).
Nov 21, 2017 12:52 PM

Dec 2016
TheWannabeArtist said:
TheFreycook said:
Some may find them interesting, the psychology of most of the characters are unique. Also it's a death battle, 99% of them are going to die, without backstory or focus the characters would be even more bland, unlikeable and underdeveloped.
I mean I can definitely see where you're coming from it's just that also with this show the fact that so far every single fight has ended in pretty much a one shot kill, it's getting kind of annoying at this point
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 21, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2010
GangsterCat said:
holy shit that animation. i can feel clearly that the budget is diminishing lmao

hope that next week it'll get better again, cuz this week the animation was disappointing
Nov 21, 2017 1:55 PM
Apr 2016
So the Brothers, along with Boar and Chicken, were the ultimate scum, although the Chicken *tried* redeeming herself, unfortunatelly stopped by Ox y tho...
It seems the elder brother is planning to fight alongside the corpse, though I think the corpse would just ultimately attack the brother and leave him open for the attack. TABUN. Either way, they are some high rate scum I can't sympathize with but feel pitiful about.
Re:formed
Nov 21, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
It's so cringey how he talks about making a move, all while not making a move. Like just make the move, damn.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 21, 2017 2:55 PM

Jan 2017
Abby, dammit, now I wanna see the tatsumi brothers properly in action... Why'd the have to give them so much more depth
Nov 21, 2017 3:52 PM

May 2014
Not gonna lie,I found the twisted morals of the twins pretty cool interesting.
Nov 21, 2017 4:21 PM
Dec 2015
I don't understand how this flashback is boring. This is the most wholesome backstory since the beginning, aside from Boar's. Monkey's is the one that is boring. The twins provided so much interesting stuff this episode that I actually felt bad that Snake died so early, his teamwork with Dragon could've been very entertaining.

The brothers are such royal assholes though lol It's interesting how they ended up helping people and destroying them with their boredom. Definitely feel the brotherly love but it's so twisted. Dragon already gave up but he wants to go all out with Snake again. I love these twins.

Next ep is finally Rabbit!! Please please give him a backstory that the light novel didn't. I wanna see bunny boy in action too!~
Nov 21, 2017 4:55 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was an ok episode but honestly its probably the first one that bored me. I just felt like it was a bad choice to give Snake and Dragon's backstories this late. I am looking forward to see Ox and Tiger fight still.
Nov 21, 2017 6:42 PM

May 2017
Interesting backstory and flashbacks, I like the twins

And it does follow the order in the ending sequence

Loyalty06 said:
I don't understand how this flashback is boring. This is the most wholesome backstory since the beginning, aside from Boar's. Monkey's is the one that is boring. The twins provided so much interesting stuff this episode that I actually felt bad that Snake died so early, his teamwork with Dragon could've been very entertaining.

The brothers are such royal assholes though lol It's interesting how they ended up helping people and destroying them with their boredom. Definitely feel the brotherly love but it's so twisted. Dragon already gave up but he wants to go all out with Snake again. I love these twins.

Next ep is finally Rabbit!! Please please give him a backstory that the light novel didn't. I wanna see bunny boy in action too!~

^ I totally agree with this

Best backstory so far:

Dragon and Snake > Boar > Chicken > Sheep

And the boring backstorys:

Monkey > Dog > Horse
LairucremNov 21, 2017 6:49 PM
Nov 21, 2017 7:13 PM
Mar 2017
Although there was merely any advancement within the plot, i enjoyed the backstory of both the snake and the dragon, can't wait for next week's episode
Nov 21, 2017 7:43 PM

Oct 2017
So they stretched Dragon's backstory longer than it was in the LN but cut the last part of his chapter to save it for the next episode? For what purpose, I don't know. But those additions to the twin's backstory did show how twisted their ideals were. I wonder if the anime will have a backstory for Rabbit.
Nov 21, 2017 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
Another episode dedicated to the twins. I think they did more harm than good, it's not like they tried to do something good.
So next episode will be Usagi getting hunted? Or Usagi hunting? xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 21, 2017 10:57 PM

Dec 2014
I kinda like the snake brothers,,,too bad they will die next ...I mean both undead and alive
Nov 22, 2017 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
The Tatsumi brother got a lot of almost whole episode content on their past background huh!
Ox & Tora was able to deal with that two corpse arm!
Looks like the older brother (freeze) would make a move to try to eliminate Oxc & Tora huh...
4/5.

Nov 22, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2016
Had higher hopes for the twins. Unfortunately, found myself enjoying them less and less as the episode went along.
Just meh by the end... with a bunch of bad off model imagery... just looked odd at times. Hope we can wrap up their storyline by next episode and move on.
X__x
Nov 22, 2017 4:39 AM

May 2010
When they shows the back story of a warrior means it's their time to DIE
Nov 22, 2017 4:52 AM
Sep 2017
This ep was shit, especially animation... I am a little far from abandoning the series...
Nov 22, 2017 5:27 AM
Aug 2015
We got more backstory than the present one. I thought the twins would be death right in this episode, but they make it through the next episode. Looks like Usagi will die in the next episode? So, maybe we will see triple deaths in next episode. I'm not sure though, but I guess he will be killed by either Nezumi or one of his "friends".
Nov 22, 2017 6:18 AM

Aug 2016
According to this episode it seems like they're running out of money for animation, lol.
Nov 22, 2017 7:14 AM
Jun 2017
this episode was simply unfinished
Nov 22, 2017 7:22 AM
Mar 2016
Oh man them tatsumi bros were such devils.......playing both sides, wicked.
Nov 22, 2017 7:39 AM

Jun 2016
This is probably my least liked episode of Juuni Taisen. Getting tired of Snake and Dragon, tbh. Ugh. But that backstory is cool knowing how the twins tried to be an epitome of Robin Hood. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 22, 2017 8:48 AM

May 2017
It looks like the Next fee ep will be made in flash.
Nov 22, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 2017
The older brother shouldn't make his move, he would be at an advantage flying away from the battle until remains only he and the last one.
Eruto said:
When they shows the back story of a warrior means it's their time to DIE

hikikomoriMK-IINov 22, 2017 4:45 PM
"The Stairs to Adulthood May Not Always Lead Up" - Gintama.: Porori-hen - episode 1
Nov 22, 2017 11:56 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the brothers were already in trouble legally before the contest began huh. Letting people try new drugs but not telling them of the side effects that so low. Its funny how the brothers ended up supporting opposing sides of an exchange though bu ended up betraying both. Its funny how every good deed that they performed with the money that they stole misfortune also resulted for the innocents as well. One hell of a memorial to your pet though by roasting and eating him. So Bunny can't resurrect corpses that were burned then. Meaning that fire are the zombie's weaknesses then. Looks like its time for the brother to come back and back up his younger brother then. A interesting but slow paced episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2017 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
More of the brothers, I wonder what Dragon will do.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.