Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 9, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Ria is on fire.

What a strange episode. They're just trying to survive at this point and reduce body counts. The deaths this episode were hilarious.
The drama between everyone is just all over the place and has little value. Peer pressure seems to really screw up some of these characters' heads, not to mention the game itself.
Stark700Nov 9, 2017 9:33 AM
Nov 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Naoya. He was forced to order six people to their deaths. Their deaths were hilarious. The drama in this episode was hard to watch. Ria figured out how to beat the King's Game, but it was a trap and she was set on fire. The game was the only thing that gave her life a purpose. Now Nobuaki is going to beat the king in her place.
Nov 9, 2017 9:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well this episode was surely fucked up....I was starting to really like Ria though, sucks that she died :(

The truth behind this game is pretty odd though, and at this point I just wanna know how the hell all this stuff is even happening
Nov 9, 2017 10:09 AM

Mar 2015
I regret ever starting this anime. I just wanted to watch what my sister was watching but I think I will not allow her to continue it.
Nov 9, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
Speechless. My mind cannot comprehend the atrocity this episode was. The only anime I would give a clean 0/10. Literally THE worst of the worst.
Nov 9, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
My god what a massacre.

I dont know why Im still watching this trainwreck
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
"the virus propagated through text messages".
That's now how it works
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Despite the fact this anime is ridiculous and stupid, the identity of the "King" is the only reason I'm willing to watch it till the end.

Just to sate my curiosty
Nov 9, 2017 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
He just had to roll a six XD
Almost everyone is dead from the flashback group, the king is a virus hat has hypnosis powers, Ria going out like a champ :'(
Nov 9, 2017 11:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh man, i was laughing my ass off during the entire episodes

Ria just talking calmly while shes on fire the entire time, reminded me of this :

Dem multiple hilarious death scenes, specially the first guy

A virus propaged by text message ? what the shit Ousama game

Oh my fucking god.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 9, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2015
It must have been the kind of fire which doesn't hurt, as she was hurt alrdy enough in her life, king is so kind,
-> my father was genius programmer, so naturally i'm too><
Nov 9, 2017 11:12 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
JotunheimrLoki said:

Flawless logic right here.

Nov 9, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2014

solid ep 👍
Nov 9, 2017 11:14 AM
Mar 2008
Is the Manga like this too? With ridiculous explanations and seath scenes? Holy carp.
As goofy/ridiculous as the Live Action Movie was (still a somewhat decent one imo), this Anime is beating it easily in the ridiculous department.
Nov 9, 2017 11:17 AM
Jan 2017
Now i hope all the flashbacks stop after this episode and now it should be them playing the game. Still pretty boring though but i will keep watching until the end. ;-;
Nov 9, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2017
dont like it, i wait for episode 7.. i hope it becomes better..
Nov 9, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Just... wth... Of course, he had to roll a six, what else? Lol, that was ridiculous. And that's not how fire works, wth?
Nov 9, 2017 11:35 AM
Jun 2016
rajat1603 said:
"the virus propagated through text messages".
That's now how it works

I wonder if they are going to do the origins too? so fare they have been fairly faithful for most part, but this one it's completly different.
Nov 9, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2016

Fucking died over that line XDD

Well, terrible episode like always,the drama was just pure cringe,but at least the deaths were priceless and made up for that. Naoya had to suffer quite a bit,poor guy.

Ria on the other hand,tho...she went up in flames,zero fucks were given.

To top everything off, all events are the work of a virus...dear God.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 9, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2016
Huh?
I mean this show was already hilariously bad, but this? That bitch just turned into that guy from the fantastic 4 holding an entire speech and staying calm as fuck while being on fire 🔥🔥
Nov 9, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2016
Yeay, Ria is such a hot chick..
Nov 9, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
LOL the decapitated guy's death was hilarious, along with Naoya's, even though they probably weren't supposed to be. I shouldn't be laughing over these characters dying, but they die in the most outlandish and flamboyant ways so it makes it impossible NOT to laugh. And let's not forget Ria, dying by immolation but giving zero fucks. "Oh, I'm on fire.....do I look like I give a shit," is probably what was running through her head.

Well at least Ria discovered some secret about this game. However, that, unfortunately, lead to her death, and now it's up to Nobuaki to finish what she started. I think these flashbacks should finally be just about over since everyone except Nobuaki and Chiemi are dead, now after Chiemi dies we can focus on the present and see more stupid shit there.

DatRandomDude said:
JotunheimrLoki said:

Flawless logic right here.

For my own sake, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that her terrible father was decent enough to teach her everything he knew, and that that detail was just conveniently left out. Knowing this show though, I wouldn't be surprised if she did just happen to inherit her father's skills.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 9, 2017 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
Okay, this was going to be really long and ranty, but I decided to spare you guys the pain... so here's the tl;dr: no one keeps laptops in the back of their jacket (and for good reason), I don't know why but Ria apparently wasn't wearing a shirt under her jacket (?), their pseudo-science doesn't even begin to explain spontaneous combustion and being torn limb from limb as if by an invisible gorilla, and holy crap that's the worst depiction of hacking I think I've ever seen she's just randomly hitting keys for no reason while a hokey unrealistic program does its thing and there's not even any code for real programmers to chuckle at and that needs a lot more commas but I'm not going back to add them...

Well, halfway point of the series, and there's precisely one more death until the past story is finally over and we can completely focus on the new one. I must be experiencing some sort of masochism streak to still genuinely want to see how this train-wreck ends... If I start liking tsundere characters, someone please smack me until I come to my senses!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Nov 9, 2017 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
He just had to roll a six lol. The deaths in this episode were hilarious, especially the decapitated guy.

Ria was so calm when she was on fire. She didn't give a fuck.

Nov 9, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
Also, since I forgot in my nerd-rage:

Ria went down in a literal blaze of metaphorical glory. Okay, there wasn't really any glory, but she gave zero fucks either way. You could say things are starting to heat up. Or at least, she was...

Sure, when you want a six you can never get one, but as soon as it's for the number of party members classmates who die...

@thebrentinator24 Your signature is perfect, you win the thread as far as I'm concerned. Didn't even know it was a competition, but you definitely won.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Nov 9, 2017 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
karmashizzle said:

she also have forgotten about the stab on her leg.

Forgotten? you'll be surprised next episode lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 9, 2017 12:30 PM
Aug 2016
I feel like they are killing characters WAY too quickly.

At least I don't have to remember names.
Nov 9, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
ERMAHGERD THE FEELS I CANT !!!!!!!!!!!1111

karmashizzle said:

she also have forgotten about the stab on her leg.[/spoiler]

she will remember it once it becomes relevant the plot :P
Nov 9, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
In its mediocre plot, this episode was kinda good, like, yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, but hey, they did not created a lot of unnecessary drama... Even with the BFFs and Ria's kind and nice dad, who gets even kinder when knowing he made his daughter "naturally" learn to code like she was on fire, hehe.
Nov 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Jul 2014

So her shoes turn to ashes, but her lingerie stays on even though she has been burning for a while now... man, I sure do love anime logic. 😂
Nov 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
What the actual fuck was that ? I don't even ...
Nov 9, 2017 2:07 PM

Jan 2017
So the virus became a computer virus? lol I thought the whole episode was a little hilarious actually. Ousama Game...best comedy of Fall 2017. lol
Nov 9, 2017 2:23 PM
Aug 2017
Officially one of the worst anime this season.
Nov 9, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
JJSpitzi said:
Speechless. My mind cannot comprehend the atrocity this episode was. The only anime I would give a clean 0/10. Literally THE worst of the worst.

Nah. Its not good but this show is still better than that one horror anime 1-2 years back about a village and a curse within it.
Nov 9, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2014
"Ahh, I'm burning to death. Time to undress for the audience's pleasure."

Really though, even when the characters are dying the show still insists on its repulsive fanservice.
Another cycle of random idiots that no one cares about got killed again... It doesn't even feel like the director cares about who lives or dies, they just get a brief montage mentioning "Oh, these fools died violently for a very stupid reason."

At least Mayoiga was funny, this is just painful.
Nov 9, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
The amount of times I said "no" this episode.

-Girl slitting wrists presumably because she's afraid to die (because of the Ousama Game), no.
-Ria the class outcast sending a text and everyone complying with no question, no.
-Ria saying she's the king and there still being no resolution to this idiotic statement, no.
-Nobuaki, no.
-Crazy class reject trying to get his only friend killed and openly acting like a douche thus ENSURING he'd be hated more, no.
-Chiemi's weak little comments, no.
-Nobuaki being dumb enough to not roll the die first and letting Naoya die in his place cuz he's dumb, no.
-Ria spontaneously combusting...no.
-The explanation for the Ousama Game, no. No. no. No.

Power of suggestion? Really. Let's just give the writer the benefit of the doubt and say ok, thats a good reason. AT LEAST MAKE THE DEATHS EXPLAINABLE. HOW THE HELL IS SUGGESTION GONNA SET SOMEONE ON FIRE? HOW THE HELL IS IT GONNA TWIST OFF SOMEONES HEAD AND LIMBS AS IF THERE IS A FORCE BEING APPLIED? And why was that kid still talking after his spinal cord was clearly snapped. More like why was Ria still CALMLY TALKING WHEN SHE'S ON FIRE? NO SCREAMS? NO MELTING SKIN? Just dramatics.

What I will say is I was actually sad for Naoya's death. That was just bullshit. And I want to apologize to him on behalf of the author. He didn't deserve to be put in this show. Man if this was in Re: Creators all the characters should've bitched slapped/murdered the author. THEIR DEATHS ARE SO WASTED. IT DOESN'T EVEN ADD TENSION IT'S JUST DUMB. WHAT EXCUSE COULD THE AUTHOR POSSIBLY GIVE THEM? Like I swear the author had Naoya roll a 6 because killing everyone was taking too long.

Why am I even still here. This show is painful. I can't even laugh at it anymore. It actually takes itself seriously.
nekrot1co0 said:
Officially one of the worst anime this season.

ever*

I think you meant to say one of the worst anime ever!
Prsma said:
dont like it, i wait for episode 7.. i hope it becomes better..

LOL nah just stay for the whole ride. That's what the rest of us are doing. We've come this far, might as well waste more hours of our lives. It won't get better. That is a promise. NOTHING THEY DO COULD MAKE THIS GET BETTER. Why? Because even a dozen good scenes could not erase the horror that was the first 6 episodes.

InugirlzNov 9, 2017 2:46 PM
Nov 9, 2017 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
Is it wrong to think this episode was...at least writing-wise...o..kay? The animation was terrible and the traditional......
but I kinda gave a shit about what's going to happen....No? Just me? k

Also, I'm kinda bummed out because of Ria because the ED is going to be the only place to hear Pile in this anime from now on I actually kinda liked her as a character
ShadowMonkeyNov 9, 2017 3:16 PM
Nov 9, 2017 2:59 PM
Mar 2016
WTF, U mean to tell, me that the King is Virus, not just a computer virus but a virus as well, Man, is that some sort of secret gov't conspiracy?????
WhoahohoNov 9, 2017 3:38 PM
Nov 9, 2017 2:59 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kagami said:
JJSpitzi said:

Nah. Its not good but this show is still better than that one horror anime 1-2 years back about a village and a curse within it.
Mayoiga ?
It definitly was better than this.

Nov 9, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Ria be like:

I don't get Nobuaki's big plan. It is not that they can fight by doing nothing. If the order is "roll the dice or EVERYBODY DIES", them let someone do it. Or do it yourself, wherever. Don't wait until someone have to THREAT you into doing it. It needs to happen. And why he was mad at Ria when she was reaching for Naoya's cellphone? She was not mocking him or trying to do anything bad to his corpse, chill down. And going by the clues you have it should be obvious that she was going to get his phone and nothing else.

"IT WENT BACK lol"
I HAD TO STOP THE EPISODE I ALMOST DIED OF LAUGHING WTF

Sorry Naoya your death reminds me TOO MUCH OF AN OLD BRAZILIAN MEME SO I CAN'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY HUEHUEHUEHUE BR
E morreu.

Such a good idea, now I'm going to carry my laptop inside my shirt in my back. Yep.

Wow, that explanation, it is like they ARE trying to pull a Higurashi but really badly done. I mean, Higurashi is not the best thing in the world, but the "supernatural" elements of the Hinamizawa Syndrome were explained well. People get paranoic, kill others and because of the culture, history and religion they believed it was supernatural. In this case people get sick and they get their limbs thorn one by one BY THE POWER OF SUGGESTION. What the shit. Just keep it supernatural bro. Sometimes is better than some extremely pseudo-science explanation.

Nov 9, 2017 3:12 PM
Aug 2016
I'm sorry but this is supposed to be comedy right? Human diseas sent by e-mail, higurashi rip-off and girl set on a FUCKING FIRE stripping and giving halfassed "motivational" speach at the end.
Seriously i was laughing my ass off for the last few minutes of this episode. However, I have to say, that neck twisting scene creeped me out.
Nov 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Kagami said:

Mayoiga ?
Ye I actually kinda almost enjoyed Mayoiga
Nov 9, 2017 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Kagami said:

Mayoiga ?

Think so?

I don't know. I think a lot of people tend to be a prisoner of the moment and claim a show is worst ever when its airing. Mayoiga was dubbed worst horror anime by some back then too.

This show isn't good, but I'm enjoying it. Mayoiga was more dull than this show. At least this anime has over the top deaths, Mayoiga had nothing really.
Nov 9, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Drama aside, am I the only one to think there was a loophole in the order ?
If they agree that everyone throws a dice and the ones who get the lower roll must be punished (play janken in case of ties or something) ?
Or does the """virus""" has the personnality of a 11 years old dick, and throws a tantrum to kill everyone because of a loophole ?
Nov 9, 2017 4:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012

THE KING TEXTED: "YOU WILL BE PUNISHED"

SHE SAID

BRO... GIRLS NOT HOT!!

YO

GIRL CAN NEVER BE HOT!!
Nov 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
Bruh. If you're going to show us how hot Ria can be at least get rid of the bra and pantsu...

At this point I don't think the anime studio cares anymore. They're just trying to make this as ridiculous as possible.
Nov 9, 2017 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
I get why the kids act the way they do. Most of them don't have parents and I'm pretty sure there's no teachers at the school either. They must have all died from the King's Game.
Nov 9, 2017 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Burning to death and her bra and panties stays on + no screaming. Ah too funny.

WhaleCostume said:
Bruh. If you're going to show us how hot Ria can be at least get rid of the bra and pantsu...

At this point I don't think the anime studio cares anymore. They're just trying to make this as ridiculous as possible.

Just saying, but the manga was the same way... So lol. Blame the author. The only difference is that she had her clothing on still. Studio just decided to go fanservice mode
TyrelNov 9, 2017 6:05 PM
Nov 9, 2017 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
I'm amazed Ria was still able to speak through the flames, and that her skin wasn't peeling off, yet her shoes were burnt off (Then again, if Nami can walk to the beach and write perfectly in the sand while being blind, then I guess any other implausible bullshit can happen!). Her undergarments, on the other hand, are just gone, not burnt, by the next shot. Guess it's just an animation error. Anyway, even if this is supposed to be fanservice, it's not appealing when SHE'S ON FUCKING FIRE!

I feel like the explanation for the King's texts was very convoluted and messy. I'm trying to wrap my head around this, but I'm probably gonna get a headache if I do, so it's better if I don't.
AL19Nov 9, 2017 6:33 PM
Nov 9, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
oh geez being male in this show is the worst you just die a extremely brutal death ,mean while you got Ria just chilling while being on fire lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

202 by sjw_vegeta »»
Feb 29, 11:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.