Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
This topic is a clapback to a previous discussion I participated in that made me so angry, I had to find the truth myself.

A lot of people in the anime community, for some reason, seem to believe Vic Mignogna is a snide, arrogant, degenerate who likes to grope his fans, talk poorly about them in private, and then stand on a moral pedestal in his panels to lord over his audience and debase them with religious dogma.

...Where did people formulate that picture of this man? Where did these horrible rumors come from? Because since April of 2017, I have been watching this man religiously on Youtube and I just got back from a convention where I met him in person, and he is nothing like the rumors and allegations on Tumblr depict him.

Vic Mignogna is hands down one of the sweetest, most considerate and passionate men in the voice acting community and when he interacts with his fans, his intentions are genuine and clear on the surface. All that man wants is to express his love and gratitude. Every day.

You don't have to take my word for it. I implore you to watch clips of him on Youtube, because after all, if Vic is as deplorable and vile as some say he is, there should be ample footage of it online and evidence to back that claim up, because at conventions, cameras are EVERYWHERE. If you're going to conveniently tell me no one in the history of Vic's con attendance has managed to capture film of him acting a fool, you are lying to me. You are lying about his character and you are trying to garner attention when you deserve none. It is disgusting to lie about a person's character because you disagree with them or just don't like them, and in Vic's case, you people have spoken evil into a man that has none. And if I'm wrong, I will wait to be corrected.

I'm going to post some short clips of Vic here so you can watch him interact with people for yourself, and then you can make the judgment whether or not he's a reprobate serial molester like I've heard him depicted before.

START @ 3:16

START @ 2:17

START @ 0:00

================================

And if video footage online isn't enough to convince you (and I wager it never will be), I highly recommend you meet him in person or email him to confront him about these issues. He is extremely vocal about things that matter to him, and these nasty rumors online have been a topic of discussion in his panels on more than a few occasions. Contrary to what you might think, he will respond to your email as soon as he can, but he's a busy man so just allow him some time to get back to you. I emailed him back in May of this year and I was very surprised when he responded the same day.

A man's words are justified by his actions. If Vic is any kind of Christian, as he says he is, then he'd be wise to back it up by treating the people around him with dignity and respect. He treats other people as he would want to be treated and he tries to imitate the actions of Jesus by being kind and patient with everyone. He's a fallible human, he makes mistakes, but he does the best he can.

Aaand to wrap this up, I will leave a little song he sang that basically describes how he approaches life and others around him. It's a wholesome song and I think you all should listen to it because not only does it have a good melody (in my opinion), it has an even better message:

I loved Vic before, but after meeting him and thanking him, and NOT being groped by him or sexually assaulted or berated as others CLAIM they have, I love him even more.
_Poochyena_Nov 6, 2017 3:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2017 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
Vic Mignogna kissed me! Yay! Ahm so happeh!!
Nov 6, 2017 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
probably everyone's question: who?
Nov 6, 2017 7:39 AM

Feb 2016
Some random no-name dub shitstain only muricans care about?

LMFAO wHo cAREAS HAHA Xd
Nov 6, 2017 7:39 AM
Jan 2017
Sadly many people that seem like geniune nice people end up being monsters behind the scene. I mean there some BS sure, and some obvious bias. The evidence is also not strong enough, but there might be something there.
Nov 6, 2017 7:41 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Never heard of this guy so idk what to say. People can act like someone else on camera.
Nov 6, 2017 7:56 AM

Jun 2011
There is always some idiot who complains about him at con. he hugs a lot of people who fan over him. he is very intimate. it could be seen as a problem. prob one of the most extroverted VAs I met.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 6, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2015
Ehh...there's enough evidence against him I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

https://thetrashiestoftrash.tumblr.com/post/104827434130/vic-mignognas-misconduct-the-visual-evidence

I'm sure some of that shit is made up, but there's no way everyone's lying.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 6, 2017 8:31 AM

May 2016
I heard the name before but I have no idea who the heck this guy is XD
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 6, 2017 8:35 AM

Sep 2017
Who is that guy? Oh okay. Here is 1 care
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 6, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Don't care enough about this guy but some rumors of him are juicy enough for my attention.

The thing is there has been stuff about him since what ever year. Oldest post I found with quick search was from 2009 and there was longer actual thread just focusing on him but that's prob lost unless someone archived that shit long time ago. During that time he did nothing to stop them I wouldn't think it's that hard to just say "No I don't grope underage girls" lol, and that's how we got to this point. But his fame has long time ago vanished and half of anime fans don't know him so what ever. Some stuff is believable, like workers at con complaining his over all attitude and how his fans act (but any fan group that come up with some special name for themselves are annoying lot so I'm not surprised). Sexual harassment accusations are kinda meh, if that's true there should be some police reports as some rumors claim polices were in picture.

But dude has done some funny shit. Him doing panels just focusing on these rumors (50+ year old man just playing the victim for an hour lol), I personally liked that one where he said "me making holocaust joke isn't offending to jews, as holocaust definition isn't about WWII", at one time claiming to have contacted CLAMP peeps and them saying "Fai isn't gay" just to later changing it to "I'm talking about the animu not mango" (expect it's well known fact every character in CLAMP works are far from straight and they work with their anime adaptations). Best is still doing Sunday religion services at fucking anime cons, wew dude. He's cringy af, and let's not forget he does have his own ED page, from my experience there's a reason why those people have 'em. Not all to be fair that one babyfur who's in to wearing diapers seemed like a pretty nice gal and he might have changed over years.
Nov 6, 2017 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Even if the rumors about his sexual offenses aren’t true, he seems like a bum of a person.
Nov 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
I saw him at a con maybe 5 years ago. I didn't really know who he was at the time but he got what looked like a 12 yr old girl up and started talking to her in character and it sounded flirty. It just creeped me out.
Nov 6, 2017 11:11 AM
Jun 2016
A thread was pushed off the front page for a long-winded, yet hardly-convincing rant about how a "literally who" who is a sexual predator isn't one.

I'd just like to remind you all of that.
'ate gundam
Nov 6, 2017 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
I have literally never heard of anyone accusing him of that. The more you know, though.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 6, 2017 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
Looks like my most recent thread was a success
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 6, 2017 11:47 AM

Mar 2013
You have to consider the circumstances of being in public versus the private, the conventions where PR is key, and his status as a VA behind closed doors. Most people have common sense to not be a raging jerk in public in this day and age.

Of course, badmouthing your fans isn't illegal nor malicious, even. Just saying. Being an asshole in general, when he can get away with? That is still being an asshole, and if he truly is, and there is a lack of evidence, then I'd say he is doing a pretty good job at hiding his tracks.

In any case, this is cherry picking.
Nov 17, 2017 8:17 AM
Jan 2009
urpoutta said:
But dude has done some funny shit. Him doing panels just focusing on these rumors (50+ year old man just playing the victim for an hour lol), I personally liked that one where he said "me making holocaust joke isn't offending to jews, as holocaust definition isn't about WWII", at one time claiming to have contacted CLAMP peeps and them saying "Fai isn't gay" just to later changing it to "I'm talking about the animu not mango" (expect it's well known fact every character in CLAMP works are far from straight and they work with their anime adaptations). Best is still doing Sunday religion services at fucking anime cons, wew dude. He's cringy af, and let's not forget he does have his own ED page, from my experience there's a reason why those people have 'em. Not all to be fair that one babyfur who's in to wearing diapers seemed like a pretty nice gal and he might have changed over years.

The CLAMP one I think he did lie about. At least according to a YT video of a con panel about Vic rumors, he explained the Holocaust joke. He mentioned something about hearing about people screaming and said it sounded like a holocaust but said there's the Holocaust. Merriam-Webster defines "holocaust" as "1 :a sacrifice (see 1 sacrifice 2) consumed by fire
2 :a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire a nuclear holocaust
3 a often capitalized :the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II —usually used with the Several members of her family died in the holocaust.
b :a mass slaughter of people; especially :genocide a holocaust in Rwanda".
Nov 17, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
So some fangirls are mad because he refuses to sign yaoi stuff and has admitted to not “being into yaoi”...

What’s his problem!

How dare a straight male not like yaoi and cater to yaoi fans!
Nov 17, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
hollyshit the replies are cringe inducing. never change,MAL.
Nov 17, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2009
I watch dubs, but oddly, I also don't particularly care about who's who as far as celebrities and big names go, and dub voice actors are no exception. (The only possible exception is musicians, especially composers.)

So yeah, I've heard of Vic Mignogna as an English dub voice actor, and...that's about all I know about him.

(...wait, he's a guy, right?)
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 18, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2015
Kadmos said:
urpoutta said:

The CLAMP one I think he did lie about. At least according to a YT video of a con panel about Vic rumors, he explained the Holocaust joke. He mentioned something about hearing about people screaming and said it sounded like a holocaust but said there's the Holocaust. Merriam-Webster defines "holocaust" as "1 :a sacrifice (see 1 sacrifice 2) consumed by fire
2 :a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire a nuclear holocaust
3 a often capitalized :the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II —usually used with the Several members of her family died in the holocaust.
b :a mass slaughter of people; especially :genocide a holocaust in Rwanda".

Yes, I have seen that on YT vid. But lets be real here. What's the first thing people associate holocaust with today? What's the ethnic religious group that has been affected by the holocaust at large? From what religious sacrifice rituals and language the Greek word holocaust is translated? Not that him meaning "just" genocide would be less offensive, I fail to see how referring to burning Armenians than Jews would make any difference. Offensive jokes are ok imo, but better have balls to own them.
Nov 18, 2017 3:56 AM

Nov 2016
Romi Parks Edward > Vic Mignognas Edward

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

2 by MadanielFL »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 3 hours ago

14 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 17 minutes ago

3 by billybub »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

48 by AzafuseKingTora »»
10 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.