Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Kale went into her berserk mode again.

Freiza's opponent is laughable this episode tbh. I mean, that Power Ranger getup...
I have to admit though, Caulifla and Kale working together on the same page is a dangerous duo.

Loved the soundtrack for this episode especially when Goku was trying to land his energ attack on Caulifla.
Nov 4, 2017 5:28 PM

Apr 2017
Not a bad episode, but I hate Caulifla/Kale so much. Top 3 of my most hated chars with Ribrianne.
Nov 4, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2017
So a base form fusion between Caulifla and Kale is enough to completely make a mockery of a Super Saiyan God? This is so stupid. On the bright side the episode looked good at least. Still I'm on the verge of dropping this garbage. Even GT had more consistency.
Nov 4, 2017 6:39 PM

Jul 2015
Just rewatched GT and I have to admit, GT actually had a sense of danger to it. We all know Goku isn't full power rn. Kale and Caulifla are annoying af and they're planning on dragging this tournament to march. I love dragon Ball but not a fan if what's happening here so far. In the other hand I love how Vegeta wasn't alarmed of Kales power up in the slightest. Tells me Goku only felt surprised because he's weak rn. Im also really disliking Kale's obsession with Caulifla. It isn't gross or anything but it's as annoying as Rebrianne and her universe

Just an afterthought. Caulifla got fucked against God Goku, Kale carried her ass lmao.
ReguIusNov 4, 2017 6:47 PM
Nov 4, 2017 6:56 PM

May 2016
A great episode over all. I do love Kale and Caulifla, and the idea of them using the potara earrings. The greatest thing about this episode to me though was the animation, it was really good for the most part. They have really out done themselves with animation since the special. Its especially good if you compare it to the start of super.
Nov 4, 2017 7:00 PM
Jul 2012
I really like this fusion. And Kale and Caulifla are entertaining though Kale obsession is a bit annoying.
Nov 4, 2017 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Great animation and art this episode, though some of the events in it are kind of asspull-ish. Probably the weakest episode post Jiren vs Goku, but I'd still give it a 4/5. Next week's ep should be pretty awesome.
Nov 4, 2017 7:19 PM
Jan 2017
Probably my second favorite fight as far as tournament of power go. Also, again, Buu saga exist, so Kale and Caulifa power scale does not bother me. They are fun character and by making them stronger, they are more memorable. Is call giving someone a push. Which is why Hit is the only guy people remember in the u6 v u7 tournament. The animation is great and can't wait for next week.
Nov 4, 2017 7:25 PM
Nov 2017
Does this goku lose? If we lose, then we can see goku with vegeta combination without knowing the strength after the combination with blue increase will be

Mod edit: removed ad
BrandonNov 5, 2017 8:55 AM
Nov 4, 2017 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
Thats really not a fair/balance fusion right there because Caulifla still at level SS2 and tired while Broly Mode already more than Blue.

And she calling it her power is more laughable because most of the power come from Kale.

Another upgrade i can't understand anymore for Dragon Ball.

How did Broly Mode + exhaustion SS2 = normal mode of fusion strong enough to toying with Red?

Of course Blue + Kaioken will lose because even without Broly Saiyan mode they can beat Goku Red.
Into the Internet!
Nov 4, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2015
o look it's another episode where the power scalers will have a field day.
also the inconsistency gotten so bad that i can't help but hate kale & caulifla now even though i never cared about them in the first place but shit is getting annoying tbh.
Nov 4, 2017 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
If you look at this episode from an action standpoint, yeah it was good but from a consistency standpoint? This is by far the worst written episode of Super so far. Kale and Caulifla are literally the spawns of random, instantaneous fuckgirl level power ups out of nowhere without any legitimate logic anywhere. Plus, technically the use of the Potara earnings and a Potara fusion should be considered an illegal move given that Kefla is a new warrior entirely despite being made up of two people. Kale's source of power is "Notice me senpai" and Caulifla is just "because I'm an overbearing older sister type" both probably being writer inserts. But hey, can't wait to see all of this shit debunked in the manga.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 4, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
I was happy that Toei finally made the power scale more consistent when they showed SS2 Goku holding his own against Berserk Kale and SS2 Caulifla, and then SSG Goku dominated them. But then the Potara fusion unreal power jump happened... base form Kefla toying with SSG Goku? It would make more sense if Kefla was in her super saiyan form.

Gotta love all the Freiza moments in this arc though. Goku and Freiza's interactions are always so interesting to watch.

I hope Toei will actually dedicate some episodes to Vegeta vs Toppa.
Nov 4, 2017 8:11 PM

Feb 2013
One of the best episodes in super. Just amazing.
Nov 4, 2017 8:15 PM

Oct 2015
You guys need to take a chill pill and enter the hype train full on! A FEMALE FUSED SAIYAN! What else do you want?! <333
Nov 4, 2017 8:17 PM

Dec 2015
Kale and Caulifla are basically the Haxx Saiyans of DBS, next they're gonna go Super Saiyan Blue...

Considering that Vados doesn't seem at all concerned with them using the Potara earrings, I don't think it's against the rules to use them after all.

PLS TOEI DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE US VEGITO!!!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 4, 2017 8:18 PM
Dec 2016
Toriyama has a horrible history of forgetting plot points he mad and characters that he created. (Launch)

So won't using the potara earrings counts as eternal items that are forbidden. As much as I hate the two shitty women saiyans (I'm not hating on women, its faster than typing their names, plus I forget their names continuously) they will serve as the catalyst for Goku to get his perfect Ultra Instinct mode. We as fans have to endure these two shites until Goku just annihilates them. Then we get our redemption.
Nov 4, 2017 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
Loved it. Love the two Saiyan girls. Animation has been so good the past few episodes, I'm starting to think Toei is aware of the ridicule its been getting.
Nov 4, 2017 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
wow they bring back the muscular character designs/drawings from some of the awesome fights of the old Dragonball Z like this one, too bad its only for some scenes and not the whole episode

i already like this new girl Kefla, what a sexy badass saiyan woman

but ye Kefla is just a test for Goku to reach Ultra Instinct again anyway lol
Nov 4, 2017 8:30 PM

Feb 2017
I don't mind by the fact that Kefla's beating SSG Goku at the moment since they want to show off how strong the fusion is. But, I'm surprised that Potara Earrings are allowed since items are banned in the Tournament? Or are the Zenos going to let it slide since it looks cool? Not going to lie, Kefla's design looks lazy.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 4, 2017 8:31 PM
Dec 2013
Loved the fight scenes and then fusion hit the fan. Really? Weakened SSG should still be leagues above Kelfa, yet it isnt. They should at most be at the same lvl as Veguto from buu saga in base form. How could they possibly fight someone with god ki?
Nov 4, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2014
For the first time in my life, I find myself rooting for Frieza. Freaking Frieza of all people. XD

I honestly starting laughing when they said Kefla, I don't know. I think I find the name funny for whatever reason. xD
I used to like Caulifla but lately I haven't been able to get behind either her or Kale.

Action was quite good this episode and the art was really really good. Pretty surprising for Toei standards.
Nov 4, 2017 8:51 PM
Nov 2014
Nostalgik said:
You guys need to take a chill pill and enter the hype train full on! A FEMALE FUSED SAIYAN! What else do you want?! <333
I hope they're not going for the feminist route just for the sake of being feminist. It's okay some power ups during fights. But their base forms weren't that powerful and potara = can't sense limits? Come on. They shouldn't be able to toy SSJ GOD.
Nov 4, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2009
Potara fusion earrings are allowed? well in episode 105 Zeno says its safe to use a bottle for the Mafuba anyway lol

Nov 4, 2017 8:53 PM

Oct 2015
bailin10 said:
Nostalgik said:
I hope they're not going for the feminist route just for the sake of being feminist. It's okay some power ups during fights. But their base forms weren't that powerful and potara = can't sense limits? Come on. They shouldn't be able to toy SSJ GOD.
I think they are doing it just for the fanservice. And I'm. Totally. OK. With that <3
I don't care at this point about power scaling LOL
Trying to criticize Dragon Ball Super at this point is like a dead meme
Nov 4, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2011
chunng said:
I was happy that Toei finally made the power scale more consistent when they showed SS2 Goku holding his own against Berserk Kale and SS2 Caulifla, and then SSG Goku dominated them. But then the Potara fusion unreal power jump happened... base form Kefla toying with SSG Goku? It would make more sense if Kefla was in her super saiyan form.

Gotta love all the Freiza moments in this arc though. Goku and Freiza's interactions are always so interesting to watch.

I hope Toei will actually dedicate some episodes to Vegeta vs Toppa.

Totally agree.

The strength difference between Caulifla and Kale is pretty big too, I can't see how they can get THAT MUCH of a power up with their fusion tbh.

Oh well, at least the animation is amazing, I hope that can keep it like that throughout the tournament.
Nov 4, 2017 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
GreenEmu said:
So a base form fusion between Caulifla and Kale is enough to completely make a mockery of a Super Saiyan God? This is so stupid. On the bright side the episode looked good at least. Still I'm on the verge of dropping this garbage. Even GT had more consistency.

Right.

Because Goku WASN’T hurt and tired from Jiren.

Uh huh.

Sure.

/sarcasm.

This fanbase is sad. DB is a really simple show. It’s pretty sad that the fanbase is somehow even simpler.

Nov 4, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2016
Don't think the power of Kefla is exaggerated, I mean let's go back to the Buu saga,where a Vegeto was able to wipe the floor with a Mystic Gohan Super Buu,who was way too strong for Goku and Vegeta on their own,even in his base form.
It seemed like Vegeto wasn't even using half of his power then,sooo..the only thing bothering me is rather that a weakened Goku was able to keep up with Caulifla and a LSSK Kale.

Art looked pretty nice imo and the fight was quite entertaining,even tho they wasted to much time for the fusion to happen,could also been done last week. And kinda sad that Frieza couldn't have his fun,poor guy is still waiting for a proper opponent xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 4, 2017 10:10 PM

Jul 2014
Blue can't be defeated! Kefla is too OP
Nov 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2008
I can see why some would be displeased with the 'Power scaling' especially when this episode seemed to actually be getting it right... but at the same time as others have said look back to the buu saga and it doesnt seem that outlandish + tired and injured goku im not surprised and I am fairly sure we all see this as the fight to help goku learn to master or at least learn to use at will his 'new instinct' ability. Would appear Goku really wants to train with these two outside of hte tourny as well.. Goku gets Caulifla and Kale and Vegeta gets Cabba lol

Also the animation was great this ep.
Nov 4, 2017 10:33 PM

Mar 2008
Power Scales are fucked since Android Saga. and here we are.

i loved the concept of those saiyan girls that yes will be the ones that helps goku to get the Ultra Instinct again.

And Goku is just surprised not that the fussion in base form is stronger that the SSG.

Nov 4, 2017 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
FMmatron said:
the only thing bothering me is rather that a weakened Goku was able to keep up with Caulifla and a LSSK Kale.

It makes sense Goku could keep up even in weakened states though. His base form is supposed to be many times stronger than SSG back in battle of gods. He should be able to wipe the floor with Caulifla and Kale when they didn't even know what a super saiyan is hours ago and didn't receive any god level training.
Nov 4, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2013
People sriously don't understand fusion. Kefla makes total sense. You got to remember that Buu in that time absorbed Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan and he was superior to them but Vegetto was much much more powerful than them (God level for me, just that the concept didn't exist in the time). Goku was SSJ3 in that time with Vegeta SSJ2.

Black and Zamasu was the same with them being extremely powerful with Black being the bigger resource of power in this case. Potara augmented the power much more again and he was absolutely powerful. Same with Vegetto, again, in the same arc.

Now with this arc we have Caulifla that is a SSJ2 and Kale that is absolutely god level with her transformation in controlled berserk since she was able to fight him while Caulifla was stomped. With her power being the most source, she was absolutely powerful for the third time.

So yeah, Potara fusion makes you really stronger if you're a Saiyan. It's not a plothole or a asspull, it's totally coherent with what happened in the past. If Goten and Trunks had a potara, their transformation would be much more powerful than Gotenks, for example.
Nov 4, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2016
caio_ken said:
People sriously don't understand fusion. Kefla makes total sense. You got to remember that Buu in that time absorbed Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan and he was superior to them but Vegetto was much much more powerful than them (God level for me, just that the concept didn't exist in the time). Goku was SSJ3 in that time with Vegeta SSJ2.

Black and Zamasu was the same with them being extremely powerful with Black being the bigger resource of power in this case. Potara augmented the power much more again and he was absolutely powerful. Same with Vegetto, again, in the same arc.

Now with this arc we have Caulifla that is a SSJ2 and Kale that is absolutely god level with her transformation in controlled berserk since she was able to fight him while Caulifla was stomped. With her power being the most source, she was absolutely powerful for the third time.

So yeah, Potara fusion makes you really stronger if you're a Saiyan. It's not a plothole or a asspull, it's totally coherent with what happened in the past. If Goten and Trunks had a potara, their transformation would be much more powerful than Gotenks, for example.

Yeah, I think people see the SSJ2 in DBS as DBZ SSJ2 level and that's where the mistake comes from. As absurd as it is, base Cabba was stated to be slightly weaker than base Vegeta in the U6 arc. That base Vegeta who toyed with SSJ3 Gotenks and now imagine in SSJ forms. It's the way DBS went in the anime, this is why I always advice not to focus too much in DBS power levels xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 4, 2017 11:17 PM

Nov 2011
I wished they stop emphasizing that they are lesbian.

Its stupid how Vegeta and Frieza haven't wiped the floor with everyone else in this tournament yet. I mean, we all know only Jiren is an actual threat.

Nov 4, 2017 11:19 PM

Feb 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
I wished they stop emphasizing that they are lesbian.

Its stupid how Vegeta and Frieza haven't wiped the floor with everyone else in this tournament yet. I mean, we all know only Jiren is an actual threat.

They're not lesbians lol, they're friends. I don't know what you're saying
Nov 4, 2017 11:23 PM

Dec 2015
This episode was great. The animation was FANTASTIC!! Love the fight scenes and fusion. Wished Goku could've used SSJ 3, but w/e. Wanted to see Kale and/or Caulifla fight Frieza. This has been the best episode I've seen in a while. Hope they keep it up, especially the animation.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Nov 4, 2017 11:42 PM
Aug 2016
HOLD TF UP! Kale and Caulifla's ass can use the Potara earings! THAT'S CHEATING BRO! Now they HAVE let the Kai's throw Goku a pair, I don't even care who he fuses with, except Gohan(for obvious reasons). Or at least toss my boy a Senzu bean!
Nov 4, 2017 11:53 PM

Feb 2016
Just a few days ago, if that, Kale and Caulifa didn't even know what super saiyan was. Now look at this fuckery...

Impatentiently waiting for Freiza to knock them off.
Nov 5, 2017 12:01 AM

Dec 2015
Also that Robot guy is a parody off of an anime.. I forgot the name of it though..

It was like a boy in a blue and grey mecha outfight fighting some woman in red and grey.. dang I forgot it..do any one know what I'm referring to?
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Nov 5, 2017 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
Not even gonna question how this makes sense, but okay cool episode nonetheless!
Nov 5, 2017 12:54 AM
Feb 2009
Fusion is not allowed. They said it when Gohan/Trunks wanted to participate in the tournament as Gotrunks.

Nov 5, 2017 1:02 AM

Jun 2017
Felt rather rushed.... I like Kale's base look, but I agree with everyone else who said she and Cali were annoying.
Nov 5, 2017 1:03 AM
Sep 2016
Shouldnt they be disqualified for using an item?
Nov 5, 2017 1:05 AM
Jan 2010
I like how kale couldn't beat goku in ss2 or jobber-god (lower than SS1) form when she could previously beat him in blue without breaking a sweat, and wasn't she even supposed to have gotten stronger? I'm sure this is also just because of goku's superior techniqe right? Then I don't think anyone's gonna complain if we completely do away with super saiyan as it has no purpose.

Also like how their transformation made them >>>>>>>>>>>jobber level without even going super saiyan so they must be about jiren level once they learn blue (shouldn't take too long). And I ESPECIALLY liked how cauliflower who's supposed to be small fry tier somehow made this fusion stronger than base kale.
Nov 5, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2016
chunng said:
FMmatron said:
the only thing bothering me is rather that a weakened Goku was able to keep up with Caulifla and a LSSK Kale.

It makes sense Goku could keep up even in weakened states though. His base form is supposed to be many times stronger than SSG back in battle of gods. He should be able to wipe the floor with Caulifla and Kale when they didn't even know what a super saiyan is hours ago and didn't receive any god level training.

But not with Kale and her legendary form (even Jiren reacted towards her KI) and especially not with both.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2017 1:49 AM

Jan 2013
sirwence said:

Also the animation was great this ep.
Eh far from being great. It had ugly stills and the sequence of Goku's ki ball following and hitting Califula (spelling) was really mediocre if not bad.
Nov 5, 2017 1:04 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum shit bout to go down *__*
Nov 5, 2017 1:05 AM
Dec 2010
Minor thing, but Vados hinted the power level of Potara fusion, "tens of times" the sum of parts. At least in ends that stupid theory that Potara fusion of power levels A and B is A times B (which doesn't make any sense).

But according to this base Kefla should be weaker than SS3 Goku, not to mention SSG.

FMmatron said:
Don't think the power of Kefla is exaggerated, I mean let's go back to the Buu saga,where a Vegeto was able to wipe the floor with a Mystic Gohan Super Buu,who was way too strong for Goku and Vegeta on their own,even in his base form.

Vegetto fighting Buu in base form was filler, in the manga he instantly went SSJ.
Nov 5, 2017 1:08 AM
Oct 2015
Frieza is just simply ignoring that budget power ranger.... I love it.
Heckle was here...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - Today

5 by 1ElijahB »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.