Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2017 7:49 PM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Send the island into the sand and have everyone die like that, that is quite a harsh command to give to someone.

Chakuro learning to use Thymia will be very helpful.

That was quite the power Nelli has showing all those visions.

That was great by Masoo, he defeated those guards quite easily.

Poor Ginshu, they ditched her after she did all the dirty work for them lol.

Nelli again at the end, looking forward to next episode to see what happens next.
Oct 28, 2017 7:53 PM

Oct 2014
Feels like the people of Mud Whale are preparing for another attack.

We got a bit of info on the motive for the attack and the people of Lykos, which explains why they’re filled with apathy and psychotic.

Chakuro had a freaky encounter with Neri, those visions were insane but are probably a prophecy of future events.

So far I’m not as into the story and characters as I thought I’d be, but the show has enough interesting ideas to be engaging and those visuals are really something.
Oct 29, 2017 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
Genshi-neesan already caught my attention for best girl
2D > 3D
Oct 29, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2016
Chakuro's harem is growing.
Oct 29, 2017 2:34 AM

Sep 2016
mann ginshu so damn sexyy mann she can be my onee sama any dayy uwu, next eps will def be a treat looking forward to ouni vs that captain and whats to come with what lykos and chakuro will uncover fuck the elders if them fools wanna die go jump off the ship
Facta Non Verba
Oct 29, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
I like that Ginshu girl. Funny character.
Somehow, I like she and Chakuro will develop a relationship in the future (maybe not romantic but like a brotherly/sisterly way)

About time these kids made their move.
Oct 29, 2017 6:29 AM

Dec 2014
These geezers first fail to protect their island then try to sink it after not doing anything. Really just sink them with a little ship if they want to die to so bad..

The feels when Sami's image appeared..
Lycos is getting back more and more emotions, for better or worse. Leaving her on the Island is surely going to backfire, for the brother.

Ginshu switching sides just by being called onee-san lol. She got abbandoned quite fast too.

Well, look what was below the island and who seems to be guarding it. Wonder what Neri's intentions are

Oct 29, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
The writing is a joke.
Chakuro: I loved you too, I only acted indifferently so my character could have regrets to motivate me.
Ouni: Sure, I'll help you, though I will always pretend I don't because...er...let me continue brooding.
Masoo: Surely this boy with his ridiculous claims and no proof whatsoever is trustworthy, let's start a revolution.
Ginshu: I oppose what you're doing, but I really, really want your cock so go ahead.
Animation was also unacceptable this episode. There is no reason for me to continue watching, therefore dropped.
Oct 29, 2017 12:20 PM
Mar 2016
I really like where the story so far. The characters range from good to acceptable.
I hope that chakuro and Ouni will have a romantic relationship.
Oct 29, 2017 1:20 PM
Nov 2016
Those old fuckers in the Council of Elders piss me off. They couldn't save any of the people from dying and now they wanna commit suicide? Fucking ingrates.

The ending was pretty good. The captain looks strong and I don't know how Nelli figures into all this but we'll have to see.

I miss Sami
Oct 29, 2017 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
I like this series but the whole going down with the ship didn't really make much sense. They just swapped one extreme for another.not as good as last week but I still want to know where this is heading.
Oct 29, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

The elder are gonna sink the ship eh? That's sad. Fortunately our MC isn't gonna let that happen. xD

I've taken a liking to Ginshu-nee-san Best Girl candidate detected. I found her switching sides so easily hilarious. xD

The captain dude letting the kids go was a little surprising to me but I did like that, I'm interested in his character now.

Wonder if whatever they found at the end is Falaina itself.
Oct 29, 2017 2:35 PM
Aug 2015
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.

Agreed, it is one of the most akward things I have seen in my life.

And the direction is beyond rushed; it manages to create zero empathy for anyone. I am really angry with this show because I started loving it and now I think it will become one of the greatest wastes of talent and budget ever created.
Oct 29, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2015
The elders are pissing me off. They are willing to drown everyone on the Mud Whale so no one else will be executed. Neri showed Chakuro some intriguing visions. Ginshu is a fun character. She's going to help Chakuro learn how to use theymia. It was amusing when they left her behind. Masoo taking down the guards was cool. Shuan letting the group pass through was surprising. That ending though.
Oct 29, 2017 3:34 PM

Feb 2016
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.
Chakuro: I loved you too, I only acted indifferently so my character could have regrets to motivate me.
Ouni: Sure, I'll help you, though I will always pretend I don't because...er...let me continue brooding.
Masoo: Surely this boy with his ridiculous claims and no proof whatsoever is trustworthy, let's start a revolution.
Ginshu: I oppose what you're doing, but I really, really want your cock so go ahead.
Animation was also unacceptable this episode. There is no reason for me to continue watching, therefore dropped.

I would really like to take your opinion seriously, but scoring Keijo with 10 just backfires, nice try
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 29, 2017 4:01 PM

Jul 2016
Another week, another cliffhanger. Starting to think I should have marathoned this at the end of the season to stay sane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2017 7:07 PM

Aug 2015
Squidster said:
Another week, another cliffhanger. Starting to think I should have marathoned this at the end of the season to stay sane.
Just wait 20 years til it's on Netflix.
Oct 29, 2017 9:20 PM

Oct 2016
Every week, this show makes me scream “I need more”.

And this episode, now I’m really curious about Neri, like I need to know more about her. AND Captain Shuan, whether he’s a good or bad guy I will constantly get attacked by his voice. Kamiya you make my heart melt. <3

I really want to see how the plot develops from here though and how the fight between ouni and shuan plays out.
Oct 29, 2017 9:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Ginshuu is a pretty cool girl, think she might be my favorite female lol

But the pink haired girl and the leader of the guards.....I can't get a good read of either of them at this point because they're both so strange via the way they act and what they can do and I'm really curious to see what's the deal with both of them now

As for Chakuro, it's nice that somewhat has a goal because he's a lot better when he' proactive like he was in this (Even though that scene where he had those visions and broke down to the illusion of Sami was pretty nice imo) and his interactions with anyone is a lot better because of it

Ouni went semi-tsundere which is odd lol but I'm glad that he followed them because now we'll get to truly see how he stacks up combat wise against the Guard Leader dude (I'm expecting a pretty awesome fight) and then there's that ending O_O

Other than that, the elders can honestly fuck off with their suicidal/doomsday tendencies
Oct 29, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, for sure Chakuro, you've always loved Sami and all of that...

I kinda feel weird with this episode... I mean, after all the serious shit that happened in the previous one, I was expecting an episode with a more melancholic tone and then, there's that girl that kills all of that with that thing of being seen as a big sis... I just... wasn't expecting jokes or some comedy at least for this episode...
Oct 29, 2017 10:26 PM
Jul 2016
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.

"Wow, what a terrible loss! How are we going to get over this?"
Oct 29, 2017 10:29 PM
Aug 2017
To be fair, only the elders know how powerful the enemy is and that sent them to despair so they took the easy way out, suicide instead of fighting against them and being slaughtered. I don't know how the island people can stand against an army with trained soldiers, superior weapons and numbers.
Oct 30, 2017 3:44 AM
Apr 2015
I really loved this episode. When I saw Sami kiss Chakuro and they confessed their feelings I had tears in my eyes. I have seen above that some people find the writing characters bad, it is not my case, on the contrary. The characters have contradictions, as everyone does. What's more, they have just experienced a traumatic event, it's quite normal to see people react incoherently.

It is normal that the mysteries are not all resolved, we are in the fourth episode, be patient a little. After that it always ends up cliffhanger ... well it's not the only series to do that, and it maintains well the wait for the continuation of the story.
Oct 30, 2017 3:57 AM

Oct 2014
I have to admit: this episode is too convenient.
Ginshu is cute, but they turn her into a deus ex
the whole Ouni brooding thing should have been done on a long term, along the main plot. Doing it now and then solving it now will only turn him into a masked hero later, which is boring.
Oct 30, 2017 4:50 AM

Feb 2017
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.

Yeah, so far the writing isn't the strongest point. I'm not as into it as I thought I'd be, admittedly.
My completionist lifestyle forces me onward, however!

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 30, 2017 4:51 AM

Feb 2017
Please, please, please don't turn this into a harem.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Oct 30, 2017 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
Ivoria said:

This is a shōjo, so the chances of seeing an harem around Chakuro is near void. If the MC was female, it would have been something else, but with a male MC, we should be fine.

Love-triangle is possible, though.
Oct 30, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2014
The Council of Elders really have given up hope and now want to sink the Mud Whale. They're pretty much useless now, so good thing that Chakuro and the others are willing to find out more about the Mud Whale that was normally forbidden to them.

Ginshuu was pretty cool and cute though. I liked how she teased Chakuro, then got all blushy-blushy when he called her Onee-sama. Shame that he and the others ditched her when she occupied the other guards.

Nelli surprised me when she showed Chakuro all those visions, especially when it showed Sami, who went on to kiss Chakuro. The feels were quite strong in the whole.

Looking forward to next week's episode, which will explain that huge creature right at the end of this episode.
Oct 30, 2017 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
A secret leads to a secret, but do they wish to know the truth?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 30, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
this episode seemed a bit rushed(?)
the sequences of the events didn't make any sense compared to the previous episodes, plus there were some unnecessary unexplained conversations..
and this episode seemed more like a 3 episodes crammed in one

Still I like the anime, hopefully things will be explained better in the next episode
Oct 30, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
I've completely given up on this show. At this point I'm literally only watching for the beautiful art and cute girls.

Pony tail!
Onee-san!
pledge2protect
Oct 30, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
leugim said:
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.

Agreed, it is one of the most akward things I have seen in my life.

And the direction is beyond rushed; it manages to create zero empathy for anyone. I am really angry with this show because I started loving it and now I think it will become one of the greatest wastes of talent and budget ever created.

UglyBarnacle said:
I've completely given up on this show. At this point I'm literally only watching for the beautiful art and cute girls.

LOL! I so agree on this. I'm glad I'm not alone but somehow it becomes obvious. I thought before the 2 last episodes it might become one of the anime of the season.
Beautifull art, interesting world but ... Such a waste in the end !

Bad direction!
Bad writing.
Bad voice acting (or bad direction of the voice actors).

I'm sad. I'll keep on watching for the art and maybe one of the character will save what's still can be saved but really ... it looks always more like the parody of what it could have been. Sad.
Oct 30, 2017 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
I would say that the world is expanding quite a bit more, given the situation they were in and how things ended up last time, pretty obvious that they pretty much decided to take preparations into consideration.

Sure, deciding to just sink the ship is pretty illogical in a way (because sinking everyone will be a good idea instead of being killed right?) but at the same time it would... maybe show a clearer idea how they're really taking this entire situation which was pretty much bad? I mean, they're pretty much making bad decisions at this point which is technically not the best thing to do if you're managing a population.

Of course good that there's a clearer motive and they know what to exactly do after this point.

This is pretty well done while it isn't the best for the show, I think the quality in terms of its direction got a bit sloppy, however it got strength still.
Oct 30, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
The elders are such cowards! They don't think anyone will survive, so they'll just kill everyone instead? No one will even get a choice to try to defend themselves? Like choking on sand is any better than getting killed by them.

I know a lot of people like Ginshu, but she feels so out of place. There was just a massacre on the island, and she's so genki.
Then there are those guys not taking the arrow check seriously. Do they not care if they could be brutally murdered in a week?
Oct 30, 2017 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
Ando said:
The elders are such cowards! They don't think anyone will survive, so they'll just kill everyone instead? No one will even get a choice to try to defend themselves? Like choking on sand is any better than getting killed by them.

The only thing I can think of that explains the elder's behavior is if they believe their adversaries could subject them to a fate worse than death.
Oct 31, 2017 12:43 AM

Oct 2015
I guess people aren't big fans of the twist. I still find it quite intriguing and am expecting something really good by the end of the anime. I mean I was already expecting this development due to how heavily they were shown in the PV :c. That Sami x Chakuro kiss though :o yeah I think Chakuro confessing suddenly was too abrupt and was pretty eh. Should have just scrapped that part(dialogue) and yeah Ginshu is so out of place.

I guess they wanted to speed up the pace a bit since if they were to keep the momentum from the last three episodes, we'd probably not reach an ending or even a climax, wouldn't really call the directing to be shit to be honest.

My love for the show will probably hold out till the end :c

Wasshio said:
I would say that the world is expanding quite a bit more, given the situation they were in and how things ended up last time, pretty obvious that they pretty much decided to take preparations into consideration.

Sure, deciding to just sink the ship is pretty illogical in a way (because sinking everyone will be a good idea instead of being killed right?) but at the same time it would... maybe show a clearer idea how they're really taking this entire situation which was pretty much bad? I mean, they're pretty much making bad decisions at this point which is technically not the best thing to do if you're managing a population.

Of course good that there's a clearer motive and they know what to exactly do after this point.

This is pretty well done while it isn't the best for the show, I think the quality in terms of its direction got a bit sloppy, however it got strength still.
Yeah, I think the problem's leans more on the writing than directing tbh.

EGOISTOct 31, 2017 12:55 AM
Oct 31, 2017 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. The Council of Elders lost all hope and want to sink the island. They're clearly hiding things and it's more likely connected to the creature at the end. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Ginshu-nee-sama for best girl. We need more of her.

Oct 31, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2017
lady_freyja said:
Ivoria said:

This is a shōjo, so the chances of seeing an harem around Chakuro is near void. If the MC was female, it would have been something else, but with a male MC, we should be fine.

Love-triangle is possible, though.

Phew. That's a weight off my shoulders.

Oct 31, 2017 5:23 AM
Oct 2017
Alright, I'm still giving this a chance to become very good someday. This episode was less repulsive than the previous one. It felt kind of lifeless but it was not offensive.
I didn't realise the girl dancing in magics in the OP was Nelli because I'm stupid
From what I see on the promotional picture there's still one character we've yet to meet
I want to believe
Oct 31, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
My favorite character finally showed up <3
Oct 31, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2015
HereticHunter said:
TrashDax said:
The writing is a joke.

I would really like to take your opinion seriously, but scoring Keijo with 10 just backfires, nice try

Well, there's a difference between a fanservice comedy that doesn't take itself seriously and an anime that tries to tell a compelling dramatic fantasy story. I'd never argue that Keijo is a "great" anime.
Oct 31, 2017 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty art and visuals do not excuse a bad directing.
Oct 31, 2017 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
TrashDax said:
HereticHunter said:

Well, there's a difference between a fanservice comedy that doesn't take itself seriously and an anime that tries to tell a compelling dramatic fantasy story. I'd never argue that Keijo is a "great" anime.

yeaaaaaaaah, right...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 31, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2017
Oh boy, how I wish I was right in the comments I made last week and the show adressed some of it's problems... Unfortunately I wasn't. People were right. Beneath it's goddamn beautiful exterior this show has some flaws that are starting to show...

Firstly, I have no investment whatsoever in Ginshu. She was literally introduced in the last minutes of the last episode, so I didn't have enough time to care about what happened to her. Also, the way she treats Chakuro has no logical explanation whatsoever since we haven't seen them interact AT ALL before. The whole Chakuro loving Sami thing I can get behind since they looked like very VERY close friends and they basically teach them to bottle up their emotions but this has no excuse.

Ouni, oh Ouni you beautiful bastard what have they done to you. I expected some explanation on why he got locked up or why he wants to see the world... Instead I got a Sasuke reject. Also, on why the bad guys just want to exterminate the people there we got even more questions now that the elders mentioned some sort of "ancient crime" that they were being punished for.

WE NEED DETAILS YOU OLD HAGS, YOU CAN'T JUST PUT THAT OUT THERE TO MAKE A GENOCIDE SEEM JUSTIFIED, THE CRIME HAS TO BE OF SOMEWHAT EQUAL MAGNITUDE.

Also, where the fuck were the bad guys in this episode? Isn't like the usual thing to dedicate a lot of screentime to a villain, normally the chapter after they are introduced so we can understand their motivations?

The main problem with the show RIGHT NOW is that is has A LOT of "Whats" but no "Why" to them. I could excuse it somehow in the first two chapters since they are meant to be an introduction... But the third had me worried and now we are a third into the series and with a TON of questions without answer.

I pray to whatever anime god/s there is that this somehow gets better, and I will watch it till the end to see, but the horizon looks dark judging by this episode. But I am a hopeful person, goddamnit.
miguitronikOct 31, 2017 9:57 AM
Oct 31, 2017 10:27 AM

Oct 2016
Think about how the protagonists' journey could have been shut down if the Council of Elders had also locked up pink-hair girl, or at least not kept her in the room when they disclosed their evil plan to Suou. She wouldn't have been able to tell Chakuro, and then everyone would be left in the dark.

But nope, gotta keep the plot moving somehow, and that requires the bad guys to make dumb mistakes.
Oct 31, 2017 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
Onee-sama is hot and incredibly sweet at the same time <3
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2017 5:22 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, this went south fast. The core story is interesting, but the execution and the writing are just awkward.

Oct 31, 2017 6:17 PM

Oct 2008
Things are getting harsh by the episode!
just like the sinking the whole Mud Whale into the Sand Ocean just like a genocide!
Ginshu has taken a liking to Chakuro!
Nice the VA of the strongest SDF is for sure Kamiyan!
What kind of bizarre thing that they found deep down belows?
4/5.

Nov 1, 2017 2:57 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, we don't want everyone to be shot to death by the people from last week, so let's drown them instead! This is some hilariously moronic logic.

That aside, this was a pretty interesting episode, especially in relation to whatever they just found in the bowels thanks to Nelli (and what's with her, anyway?).
Nov 1, 2017 7:28 AM

Mar 2017
I still really like the show so far, but this episode ended up being extremely awkward and rushed with poor writing and directing just like most people are mentioning. Too many things happened in the episode with minimal explanations. They should've picked like two things to focus on rather than 5 or so. It needed to SLOW DOWN. Maybe the next episode will clarify more....?????
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.