Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 13, 2017 2:28 AM

Jan 2015
Damn that was awkward. Not a double date or so, but more like a babysitting stuff. But happily it ends with happy stuff through the smartphone apps.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 13, 2017 2:53 AM
Jul 2015
I am quite loving this show so far, since it has 2 male characters that are involved in romantic feelings and both of them might get a girl at the end of this show.

This is way better than all those Harem BS where all girls unrealistically like only the MC and sidelined other male characters into the trash can.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 13, 2017 4:17 AM

Jul 2012
Didn't feel that slow like 1st episode, not really much to say, but pretty enjoyable so far.
Oct 13, 2017 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
It definitely picked up the pace somewhat, but there were definitely a few hiccups in this episode, not least Komiya predictably taking photos of people without permission and intending to use them in her competition, along with a few other minor things that are testing my patience a little (and this confusing love pentagon, which honestly passed me by cos I can't remember who is who (not helped by all the characters other than Komiya being utterly forgettable so far, and her only being memorable for bad reasons so far).

I want to like this show, but it's not really working for me just yet; give the leads a bit more personality (enough so I can remember their names, at least), cut out annoying side characters like the two children (unless they're actually going to do a subplot relating to that situation) and improve the dialogue (cos some of the lines are extremely clunky) and things might just improve.
Oct 13, 2017 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
Ok. This is my favorite series of this season. At least for now. I love that warm atmosphere.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2017 5:49 AM

Jan 2008
Not bad but definitely not something that interests me. The characters aren't that interesting except for Komiya. I find her even more interesting than Natsume. The way I see it, Izumi still likes Natsume while Natsume seems to still carry a torch for Haruto who has a thing for Morikawa. And I think we all know that Natsume is going to end up falling for Izumi eventually. Personally, I don't care about the whole thing. I guess it just means that I'm not invested in the series or the characters but let's hope things get better.
Oct 13, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2015
Going to the aquarium with your waifu, end up spending the whole time having fun with her brothers, classic.

First episode was pretty boring but I had a nice time with this one, the comedy is on point and I'm curious to see what happened back then.
Oct 13, 2017 6:10 AM

Dec 2014
Yup, probably the show I'm going to be looking forward to watching every week the most. You can't go wrong with a yanaginagi OP.
I need sleep.
Oct 13, 2017 6:29 AM
Mar 2015
[quote=Tarotist message=52634880]

There's something about Natsume that Izumi knows about. What ever could it be?

There was a flashback of 3 of them in middle school where Haruto is talking to another girl Both Izumi and Natsume happen upon them at them at the same time and it is obvious that Natsume is upset that Haruto is talking to that girl

That scene reoccurs in HS when Natsume and Izumi watch Haruto try to confess. Natsume tells Izumi that he cannot tell Haruto about what he saw in middle school or that Natsume like Haruto. What Natsume does not know and Haruto does know is that Izumi likes Natsume and even though he insists it is in the past He is hurt all over again by Natsume 's reaction to Haruto both then and now
Oct 13, 2017 7:41 AM
Jul 2009
GamerUnglued said:
Natsume's many scenes may be the most telling. The episode gives me the impression that she is caught up in the past (as compared to Eita who seems to be trying to forget about the past).

I disagree. I think you didn't get her characterization and her dynamic with Izumi at all.

GamerUnglued said:
She is usually framed next to Eita, she immediately recognizes him when he couldn't recognize her

The reason he couldn't recognize her is because she changed the most. Compare her correct looks to how she looked in the flashback? Her hair is longer, and it looks like she dyes it now as it looks redder. She's all around prettier too. Izumi in comparison didn't change at all.

GamerUnglued said:
one of the first things she does is beg him not to tell the others of a past event he can't even remember

She's telling him not to reveal she liked Haruto. He's the only one who knows, and he does remember even if he says he doesn't. The flashback at the beginning of the episode shows he does so.

GamerUnglued said:
and she doesn't want to study for entrance exams now that Eita is back (probably why she got mad when he said he got recommended for a university).

Who says she doesn't want to study? She's annoyed that he doesn't have to because he's got a recommendation, but she never said she doesn't want to study. She's just tired, which is completely understandable considering how grueling college entrance exams are in Japan.

GamerUnglued said:
She is often framed in front of a window or the glass of the aquarium with a reflection, which further solidifies the idea that she is reflecting on the past (the ED also frames her this way).

No, she's not stuck in the past. At least not more than Izumi. No matter how much he tries to convince himself his feelings for her are a thing of the past, it's pretty darn clear that's not the case. Natsume and Izumi are actually pretty similar.
Oct 13, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2017
Well, I was quite disappointed in Haruto for chickening out after spending a whole day trying to get a Home Run to build the courage he needed...
Oct 13, 2017 8:12 AM
Dec 2015
1idd0kun said:
GamerUnglued said:
Natsume's many scenes may be the most telling. The episode gives me the impression that she is caught up in the past (as compared to Eita who seems to be trying to forget about the past).

I disagree. I think you didn't get her characterization and her dynamic with Izumi at all.

GamerUnglued said:
She is usually framed next to Eita, she immediately recognizes him when he couldn't recognize her

The reason he couldn't recognize her is because she changed the most. Compare her correct looks to how she looked in the flashback? Her hair is longer, and it looks like she dyes it now as it looks redder. She's all around prettier too. Izumi in comparison didn't change at all.

GamerUnglued said:
one of the first things she does is beg him not to tell the others of a past event he can't even remember

She's telling him not to reveal she liked Haruto. He's the only one who knows, and he does remember even if he says he doesn't. The flashback at the beginning of the episode shows he does so.

GamerUnglued said:
and she doesn't want to study for entrance exams now that Eita is back (probably why she got mad when he said he got recommended for a university).

Who says she doesn't want to study? She's annoyed that he doesn't have to because he's got a recommendation, but she never said she doesn't want to study. She's just tired, which is completely understandable considering how grueling college entrance exams are in Japan.

GamerUnglued said:
She is often framed in front of a window or the glass of the aquarium with a reflection, which further solidifies the idea that she is reflecting on the past (the ED also frames her this way).

No, she's not stuck in the past. At least not more than Izumi. No matter how much he tries to convince himself his feelings for her are a thing of the past, it's pretty darn clear that's not the case. Natsume and Izumi are actually pretty similar.
Actually I'd mostly agree, and most of this is poor wording on my part, as I wrote this right before bed at 1:30 in the morning. I really should have written that Eita is only now realizing that he isn't over his past, as opposed to that he is trying to forget about it. The difference between him and Natsume is more that Natsume has never really been over it but is attempting to change (as shown by how she has changed her look), while Eita thought he was changed and over it until he got reunited and realized that he didn't forget as much as he hoped he did. That being said, I don't feel like her appearance has changed so much as to make her hard to recognize, and I do feel like Eita didn't realize what she meant with "that thing" until the end of the episode (because his response of not remembering was not played off as sarcastic or snarky by either character, while Eita's response to Natsume's emoji at the very end did seem less serious). My bad, and I'll edit my original post.
GamerUngluedOct 13, 2017 8:23 AM
Oct 13, 2017 9:20 AM
Mar 2012
Lots more comedy this ep, & some funny bl tease (Komiya so happy like ohmigod!!). Sasha looking girl almost crashed their group date asking for meatbuns lol.
Cool how their personalities feel tangible or real, relationships getting clearer, & past ships Izumi & Natsume try to reject might come back. Surprising Souma is so good with kids, big plus point to get closer to Morikawa (otherwise those kids were annoying).
OP/ED songs so nice. Prefer the ed colors than the dull backgrounds in the show.
The Line use is an upgrade from other shows, not as annoying, bigger much easier to follow.
Oct 13, 2017 10:14 AM

Jan 2017
I want Haruta and Moritaka to get together asap.

I was kinda bothered by the fact that when he tried to confess neither Izumi nor Natsume gave him some space...like, you could at least tried to hide...
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Everybody here looks like they want Haruto x Morikawa. And here I am waiting for Izumi x Komiya.
Oct 13, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2007
I liked this episode. Calm, with no other convictions that show us a group of friends that are having fun.
Oct 13, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
Very enjoyable episode. I wish I could go back to my high school days and hang out with people like them ^^
Oct 13, 2017 11:02 AM
Jul 2009
GamerUnglued said:
I don't feel like her appearance has changed so much as to make her hard to recognize

Izumi actually makes an internal remark about it. He explicitly says that she changed a lot, which explains why he couldn't recognize her.

GamerUnglued said:
I do feel like Eita didn't realize what she meant with "that thing" until the end of the episode (because his response of not remembering was not played off as sarcastic or snarky by either character

I seriously doubt he didn't realize it when that scene was pretty close to the incident she wanted to keep a secrete (she looking at Haruto while Izumi looks at her).
Oct 13, 2017 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
Looked like we are in for a run with how complicated the relationships are. Regardless gonna cheer for camera girl but I doubt she will win :(
Oct 13, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
Baka_Debakar said:
Everybody here looks like they want Haruto x Morikawa. And here I am waiting for Izumi x Komiya.

Considering how it ususally goes, and the cover image, I don't see it happening unfortunately :/
I hope Natsume grows on me throughout the series, because atm I'm not feeling the ship.
Oct 13, 2017 11:40 AM
Dec 2015
1idd0kun said:
GamerUnglued said:
I don't feel like her appearance has changed so much as to make her hard to recognize

Izumi actually makes an internal remark about it. He explicitly says that she changed a lot, which explains why he couldn't recognize her.

GamerUnglued said:
I do feel like Eita didn't realize what she meant with "that thing" until the end of the episode (because his response of not remembering was not played off as sarcastic or snarky by either character

I seriously doubt he didn't realize it when that scene was pretty close to the incident she wanted to keep a secrete (she looking at Haruto while Izumi looks at her).
Your first point is correct, and in my edited original comment I mention that I feel like him noticing her but not recognizing her immediately is metaphor for Izumi beginning to realize that he hasn't gotten over his middle school issues as much as he thinks he has, and his recognition of her a bit later is when it really clicks with him that he is still holding on. Her new style yet still easily recognizable design represents that her attempt to move on is only surface level, and that she hasn't actually gotten over anything, while also providing a good reason for Izumi to not immediately recognize her beyond metaphor. That's my own interpretation at least.

Not sure if the secret really matters in the grand scheme of their feelings on the past the way my mushy 1-in-the-morning mind wanted to make it. I do feel like the dialogue and voice acting made it seem like Izumi didn't realize at that point, and I don't think it's unreasonable for him to forget while in the excitement of the aqurarium since he is human (I've forgotten events from the previous day temporarily too), but it's more of a set-up for where the story is going to go and that got across to me. Either way, I'm seriously excited about this show.
Oct 13, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
That confession attempt by Souma was awkward but everyone's reaction in that scene was amusing.

Good episode. Souma ended up babysitting Morikawa's brothers. In the end, the brothers got attached to Souma.

The OP was great.

Oct 13, 2017 1:04 PM
Jan 2016
'Twas a decent episode. Definitely better than episode 1. I like the OP, and the main girl's design and voice work. The MC's design is hideous, and will always be hideous, but I'll look past it. I'm just glad I don't regret giving the series a second shot, as I suspected I would.
I don't particularly like any of the characters, and I don't see this show going anywhere (interesting, at least). This anime offers me nothing but a way to pass 24 minutes, and that's enough for me atm. So 'Just Because' will either be dropped midway through or remain on the verge the whole season.

Conclusion: Meh.
KababiNov 3, 2017 2:23 PM
Oct 13, 2017 1:06 PM
Aug 2014
Holy shit those kids were annoying. Yea sure annoying kids are common in real life, but I rather not have them in anime. At least you got brownie points with their sister.

Oct 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2016
I'm curious to know how the story develop the love relationships in this anime, so far everything looks wonderful, a story of the life of a group of friends, something very human... on the other hand the studio devoted a lot of effort to make a good animation of the different backgrounds present in the story.

I think it will be a decent anime.

Good episode 4/5.
Oct 13, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
Ah, I don't know why exactly, but I feel good watching this show. It's like... cozy. I like it.

Also, I think I wouldn't be able to stand those kids lol
Oct 13, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
Episode 1 was very good but this episode felt boring. Too much focus on their relationships and that boring visit to the aquarium with the kid brothers.

They should have showed school/club life and them discussing and thinking about the future.
Oct 13, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
Morikawa seems like a mother... she even sounds motherly lol

Meanwhile the guy is like an older brother to the siblings haha.

Anyways, great episode. I hope this keeps up throughout the rest of the season.

Oct 13, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
A multilateral date of oblivion. A bit of progress on some fronts, a lull on others. Natsume didn't seem to be coping too well.

It was amusing, though.

Komiya's completely out of the blue squeal startled me. She ought to make things more interesting.
Oct 13, 2017 2:57 PM
Jan 2016
meh, it's alright but still a pretty generic high school romance drama.. the characters are rather boring too
Oct 13, 2017 3:06 PM

May 2015
Pretty relaxing and fun little episode in my opinion. I'm still liking it so far. I'm quite curious as to how they will deal with the romance. It could get quite complicated.

Oct 13, 2017 7:42 PM

Jul 2015
enjoyed this episode way more than the first. had me paying attention more than usual to not miss any simple subtlety added
Oct 13, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
AAAAAAHHHHHH THAT FAILED CONFESSION WAS SO AWKWARD I love it. I'm gonna love this anime. I look forward to the INTENSE DRAMA clearly easing its way in, tryin to be all sneaky, yet failing completely to get by anyone at all.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 13, 2017 8:44 PM
Jul 2017
"I'm Free Tomorrow" that confession was funny and then everyone around got invited. At least the kids liked him. So far so good.
Oct 13, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
I get the feeling like: "what are the two of you doing? ... just hook-up for f*ck's sake!
both pairs are so oblivious of their relationship even if both are not going out (yet)
4/5.

Oct 13, 2017 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
Quite an improvement from episode 1 actually.

We get to see more from the main characters, like how they act, who they are in love with... its good. Its starting to develop into a decent romcom sol, whatever it wants to be! I am rooting for the tall guy!!

ALSO. OP AND ED ARE 10/10
Oct 14, 2017 2:07 AM

May 2014
That confession XD. I predicted the little boys will come as well, it's good. Really like the atmosphere :)
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 14, 2017 3:10 AM
Apr 2016
Of course Nagi Yanagi would be the one to contribute. Feels like "Nagi no Asukara" all over again... I wonder how many series exactly I will have to watch before I even start fathoming what is the love is...
Re:formed
Oct 14, 2017 3:21 AM

Aug 2017
This show is going to get confusing with someone looking exactly like the MC... gonna have to rewatch these two episodes in succession again to understand what happened.

Though I must say I'm liking this series right now, it's really pleasant to watch.
Oct 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Jan 2016
Well, every season needs one of these animes. And it's actually quiet good. It's more quality then we are used to getting.
Oct 14, 2017 6:37 AM
Jun 2016
After watching the first episode I wasn't quite sure if this would be something I'd like. But sticking to the 3 ep rule I decided to watch this too and I can say it was much better already. The art is simple, but nice. The characters are nice too, even though I'm not that fond of Haruto (he's too loud, at times), but maybe that'll change. I'll be waiting for the next ep :)
Oct 14, 2017 7:24 AM
Apr 2017
Is this gonna be NTR Anime?:/

From what I see, there will be love triangle like this:

Camera Girl - MC - Natsume
Natsume - MC Sidekick - Trumpet Girl
(I only remember Natsume lol)

Idk why but the Camera Girl have potential to be MC love interest to,and with Natsume focusing on MC Sidekick,I think Camera Girl will steal the start lol
Oct 14, 2017 8:16 AM

Sep 2015
That ending tried to say something about what happen betwen them? or just my imagination?
Into the Internet!
Oct 14, 2017 10:11 AM

May 2011
Googuix said:
aots for me right now, I don't understand all the hate it gets.

I don't think "boring" suits Izumi. My guess is that he is the most selfless character in the cast, he lost that at bat duel on purpose so his friend could hit that homerun, and that photo nerd will somewhat notice it through her camera.

I hope 3-gatsu will end up aots though.

Only thing I can think of is that it seems like a mundane live action normie show. You can literally get actors and do this stuff in a regular cinematic series.

In fact if this show is even remotely popular. That is exactly what will happen.

I feel Anime has always been more designed for sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural plots. Stuff that allows the creators to tell a story without the big budget of having to add untold expenses for costumes, stunts, special effects.
Oct 14, 2017 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Weak characters & story so far
Oct 14, 2017 11:30 AM
Jul 2015
I have been watching 2 Episodes of this so far, and I must say....This is the best anime I have ever watched in my entire life. This definitely deserves to enter my Top 5 Anime ranking of all time in my life so far, with this occupying Number 1 on my ranking now ( Masamune-kun no Revenge is in my Top 5 ranking too at Number 5, since it has refreshing comedic moments and an unconventional MC that has his own strong personal motive and is very active in wanting to make his plan a success, and he's a welcome relief from all those Harem Shows where the MC only reactive to the situation and not active with any personal goals that is acted upon. As far as I can remember the only other MC in an Anime with a highly active and very dedicated and motivated personality is Light Yagami from Death Note. Masamune acts on his own personal desire for revenge, while Light acts upon his desire to reshape the world into his own ideal image where crime and bad deeds will be non-existent ).

The tone and atmosphere in Just Because is realistic, and the characters are very relatable, so it makes me emotionally invested in their stories more than any anime I have watched so far. Besides, here there is a second male character other than the MC that might get a girl in the end, and this is exactly what I am looking for in an anime, since I have been totally burned out and exhausted of Harem Animes or other Rom-Com animes where the MC is the only male character that hogs all the girl's attentions and there is no secondary male character that gets a girl's attention or love.

Just Because and Net-Juu no Susume so far seems to be the best shows to watch this season, and it's a welcome breath of fresh air after a series of terrible cliched and typical light novel adapatations so far that panders more to wish-fulfillment fantasies and reused tropes ad nauseum rather than stories that we can believably relate to. A fantasy show or even a Harem show can actually be done right if there are more male side characters that can be focused on instead of having the entire show be monoplized by the MC.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 14, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2015
It's very refreshing to see shows of this sort. The characters are actually believable, which is far too rare in anime. It's relaxing to watch, and I love how the writing really draws you into the world of the show. I'm also very happy that this is not going to be a show with any villains or over-the-top drama queens. It's just a delicately nuanced portrait of realistic high school kids trying to figure things out as they know they're at a major juncture in their lives.

I don't think this'll be AOTS for me, but that's mainly because the second series of 3-gatsu no Lion is airing.
Oct 14, 2017 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
I'm kind of confused, but I think that was the point and it will be revealed later..?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
This show feels like a limp imitation of Tsuki ga Kirei, it tries so hard to be like it but fails because it has so little understanding of why it was successful; realistic characters makes for a compelling romance!! How did they mess this up such a simple concept so badly?

Also, damn, that fondle bit was weird as hell, who thought that would be anything but unsettling?
Oct 14, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
Horrible pacing actually the worst from this season, watching one minute from this show feels like eternity, I cant take this anymore. Boring bland charachters and of course no story to speak off, also the usual added annoying extras... Dropped, I would rather watch the paint dry than to watch another episode of this drivel
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

111 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 1:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.