Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2017 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LMAO, Kagura’s boyfriend is an alien. And the kid who gave the letter was just doing it in the alien’s behalf. The tiny crown on his head killed me, lol. LMAO, two episodes in, and dick jokes are brought back in. That bow though… “OTOSAAAAAN” XD

The alien doesn’t look like someone who could talk, considering how he screamed like a titan in the last episode. Giant Gintoki and Umibozu punching each other was hilarious! I love how the alien is just so full of himself. Gin and Umi can literally cause a treason to the Bakufu for the most stupidest reason, lol. The last part, with the boyfriend turning gay for the priest killed me XD

Anyways, it was a really good two-episode arc. Definitely one of the more absurd Gintama arcs. The voice acting was godly in this episode.
Next arc to be adapted: Homeless arc

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerOct 8, 2017 10:08 AM
Oct 8, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
Aaaand that wraps up Kagura's boyfriend arc, giant dude awakened to a new fetish...
You know how big of a help Gintoki would be if he was in Attack On Titan? dude would have owned every single one of them.

Oct 8, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode.

The first half with Umibozu and Gin-san hitting each other had me laughing like crazy. xD

Loved the part where Kagura said Gin-san and Umibozu were irreplaceable to her. <3
Shinpachi's speech about the love of a father was honestly pretty moving.

"It's an Attack on Titans". Them subs. XD

Looks like our Prince decided to explore new areas of interest at the end. XDDD
Next week can't come sooner.
Oct 8, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
"This isn't titans attacking on!
It's an attack on titans!
"

NEXT WEEK MADAO RETURNS
Oct 8, 2017 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
This is Attack on Titans if they are not brainless big zombie.

But from Attack on Titans turn into Attack on Father

-Stray said:
Aaaand that wraps up Kagura's boyfriend arc, giant dude awakened to a new fetish...
You know how big of a help Gintoki would be if he was in Attack On Titan? dude would have owned every single one of them.

They already make Titans on Gintama universe have extinct future.

I bet few brainless Titans are not problem.
Into the Internet!
Oct 8, 2017 12:51 PM

Oct 2016
When the dai-boyfriend's lips were closing in on Kagura I can hear the sound of every Okkigura shipper's heart reaching its limit.

Judging from the pv
Oct 8, 2017 12:56 PM
Apr 2016
Well, with this episode, Gintoki has officially killed more Titans than almost everyone in AoT. Poor Eren would go crazy if he saw this.

Amazing episode. I loved all the AoT references. Gintoki even said the name at one point. In fact, I think there was even a reference to the false western translation of the title. (Shingeki no Kyojin meaning Attack of Titan, not Attack on Titan).

Shinpachi was truly epic in this episode. Gintoki and Umibozu had the best crazy faces. They really make a great duo. And they showed how badass and scary dads can be. Kagura was both cute and scary. And in true Gintama fashion, the arc ended in a nice, heartwarming tone.

On a related note, that Priest thing at the end almost killed me from laughter. Shinpachi officially ended the Titan race by making its prince discover his sexuality, lol.

It is so great to have Gintama back. Next week is going to be great. I can't wait.
Oct 8, 2017 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
Season 3 of Attack on Titan is looking great. A bit different, but great nonetheless.

Gintoki should replace Eren as the MC of Attack on Titan, all of them would have been wiped out by now and everyone would be living happily ever after.

This episode had a nice balance of comedic moments, which was basically any scene with Gintoki and Umibozu, and touching moments, like with Shinpachi's emotional speech and the final shot featuring the picture of Kagura and the guys. And I certainly wasn't expecting Dai to become gay after kissing the priest lol.

Can't wait to see Madao again in the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 8, 2017 1:17 PM

Dec 2015
So-so, wasn't really that fun of an episode. Except for the end, Dai-chan found himself a father to respect lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 8, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2015
Kagura's Boyfriend Arc - Umibozu fears his daughter will become "toasted" before suddenly Kagura gets into a domestic violence relationship with a Titan, before being made unconscious and almost having her purity taken, being saved thanks to Shinpachi making the boyfriend gay and Gintoki and Umibozu slaying an army of Titans.

What an arc. Not the best one but it definitely had me laughing! I think the next one's gonna be better though, I've heard praise for the Homeless arc. Ten whole years since Ikumatsu's episode and now she's returning? Goddamn! That's more of a wait then Gedomaru had to put up with.
Oct 8, 2017 1:35 PM

Aug 2017
Has anyone noticed the reference to Hokuto No Ken when he showed kagura fighting Dai-chan? xD
I loved this adapted bow in the anime! Various references to AoT that made the whole episode laugh.
Oct 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2014
Well Gintama And omibozo was quite funny... really liked parentAL love this episode
Oct 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Mar 2016
Shit I laughed so hard this episode. o_0
Gintoki would be better as mc for AOT.
Oct 8, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2016
Man, my body hurts after laughing so much. I couldn't stop laughing at the end when the giant prince suddenly got attracted to his own father.

Ramen dude is back after 10 years in the next episode
Oct 8, 2017 2:03 PM

Sep 2011
it was a decent episode but nothing more, only had a few good jokes with gin and umibozu beating the shit out of eachother but otherwise I think this is one of the more in the middle episodes quality wise.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 8, 2017 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, Dai-chan is in love with the father now.
Oct 8, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
Great ep, lots of laughs even though it looked janky as fuck at times.
Best thing about the new season is being able to just relax with Gintama again.

Can't wait for Madao next week.
"Dirty, money-grubbing Clorfors. Tried to clorf me right out of my money. Blew those little bastards up is what I did!"
Oct 8, 2017 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
Why are they showing the Kagura Boyfriend Arc again? This was released years ago! I've already seen this. I'm happy, but i thought they would change it or something. But, hey this is classic Gintama.
Oct 8, 2017 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
Goddamnit I was waiting for Gintoki to use a maneuver gear or hit the titans on the nape.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Oct 8, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
Gintoki and Umibozu hitting each other had me in tears!

Good arc overall.
Oct 8, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2014
Omigod those AoT puns.
Attack on, Titans! XD

Gin and Umibouzu really are the best dads, and Kagura is not a very attentive girlfriend.
I like the whole theme being the difference between different types of love and her not really being able to distinguish them yet...I mean, she is only 14! Also, I know it was from a long long time ago, but when the ED started, I thought- y'know what ED song would work really well with this arc? 'Wo Ai Ni' (ed 14), since it's all about Kagura and the whole 'love' thing.

Ending of the arc was priceless, Dai turned gay after kissing the Priest. The whole "Fathers really are amazing" line had me crying. They really twisted the starting concept lmao I love it.

Next episode is Ikumatsu!!!! Finally! Her and Katsura deserved another arc together because they're one of the few ships I can actually see happening in the series.
Also looks like a two-parter as well??

Oooh, I can't wait! The whole one episode a week thing is painful though, but I don't think I have the willpower to wait until the season finishes airing.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2016
and with that Kagura's boyfriend now has the daddy kink LOL
Oct 8, 2017 7:00 PM
Nov 2013
EnjoyingShows said:
Why are they showing the Kagura Boyfriend Arc again? This was released years ago! I've already seen this. I'm happy, but i thought they would change it or something. But, hey this is classic Gintama.

They never animated it. This season adapts arcs they had to skip because of time constraints
Oct 8, 2017 7:15 PM
Oct 2016
crystalblade13 said:
EnjoyingShows said:

They never animated it. This season adapts arcs they had to skip because of time constraints

I don't read the manga, I swear I've watched this. But I can't find it so i must be wrong. Thanks for letting me know.
Oct 8, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2016
Kagura is so lucky for having such amazing dads :') Gintoki and Umibouzu were better at defeating those alien titans than anyone in SnK xD And Shinpachi had his minute to shine, finally!

Next episode we will see Ikumatsu, Katsura and Madao, yay!
Oct 8, 2017 10:23 PM
Dec 2016
Well done, funny and heartwarming
Oct 8, 2017 10:30 PM

Mar 2016
LOL, This episode is funny af!!!
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 8, 2017 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
Ahh that was fantastic! Definitely one of my personal favorite comedy arcs.

We've seen a lot of good moments from the Yorozuya's but this is one of the few episodes that directly display their familial bond. I love the fact that Gintama's way of showing their deep connection doesn't always have to be in wars and fights but just a normal life setting like this, Kagura getting a BF etc, they've successfully pulled off the depth of Yorozuya's relationship. I just love it! Yorozuya family is the best!

Aside from that, There's so much things I love about this arc!
- Otose giving zero fucks on Umi's hanging body.
- AOT references!
- Gin's exchanges with the titan prince!
- Shinpachi's main concern, not the titans but the two idiot dads who's probably gonna annihilate everyone in front them to take their daughter back. XD
- The two crazy dads! Gin and Umi duo are unstoppable! Lol! they're even going so far as to point their weapons at the princess and burn the castle.
- Kagura going back to Yorozuya cause her idiot dads are irreplaceable. you can replace your boyfriend but you just cannot replace a father. XD besides...

Though Honestly speaking, Kagura having 3 dads, One being a renown space hunter, the other a white demon and the last formidable one, a glasses stand, the suitor would go through hell and back and hell again to be Kagura's boyfriend. also this was before Kamui's redemption now imagine Kamui joining this three guys later on. I'm already praying for the poor guy's soul. XD may he rest in pieces. HAHA!
but I admit! only Sougo can be able to survive that kind of crazy treatment! he's a sadist afterall
Ahahaha! K. Bye!
QueenSapphireOct 8, 2017 11:09 PM
Oct 8, 2017 10:37 PM

Mar 2016
It's the Attack on Titans
xDD

Kagura's Boyfriend arc was really fun. That initial bow from Dai that hit Umibozu. Haha. Gintoki and Umibozu hitting each other was hilarious. Lost it when Dai said he was gonna marry Kagura and they both hit each other at the same time. Hahaha.

Shinpachi awakening Dai's hidden interests lmao. Fathers really are amazing LOOOOL.

Loved the episode. Looking forward to next week. Ikumatsu, Katsura and Madao making an appearance. Can't wait :D

Oct 9, 2017 12:52 AM
Aug 2016
Fathers are really amazing.... Ahahaha! really funny episode but I didn't like the animation.
Oct 9, 2017 12:59 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode and end of the arc. Can't wait for Madao and Ikumatsu next week <3
Oct 9, 2017 1:47 AM
Oct 2016
this arc actually on the manga in 2015 long ago, but look, its more funny than the manga it self.. haha
hopefully gintama make 50 episodes from its returning!
Oct 9, 2017 4:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? The boyfriend has nice "heart"!!! kekeke
Oct 9, 2017 6:16 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
B-Boy= Big Boy lmao. Pretty decent arc not the funniest of the comedy arcs tbh.
Oct 9, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2013
5/5
heartwarming, Shinpachi in this episode so cool.. that kick tho lmao
Oct 9, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2017
Booringgggggggg
00/10
Oct 9, 2017 6:58 AM
Jul 2010
Memo to me: Gintoki and Umibozu can be better Survey Corps than E**n and Le*i
Oct 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
The only exciting moment is when they announce the madao episode for next week.
I've waited too long for this.
Oct 9, 2017 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
I love the Kagura boyfriend arc, which I think the anime adapted rather well.

But I'm REALLY looking forward to the homeless arc. I feel like Katsura and Ikematsu are the most underrated couple in Gintama. I hope they end up together at the end of the story (the real life Katsura and Ikematsu did end up marrying - so here's hoping!)
Oct 9, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
Shinpachi, the Awakener of Titan(s).
Oct 9, 2017 2:51 PM

May 2014
Amazing ep, as usual with Gintama. Easily 10/10. The preview for the next ep, though... not only Zura, but also Madao? Oh, this is going to be good.
Oct 9, 2017 3:53 PM
Apr 2017
I'm a bit confused. When Gintoki and Papi went to Kagura's friend, some dialog we got through and she said, that she calls she's brother (Shyougun). But isn't he dead by end of TV-4 (that scene when he was poisoned)? What's going on, can someone explain it to me?

PS. great episode btw 5/5
Oct 9, 2017 5:35 PM
Oct 2015
pretty good episode loved when gin-chan lost it when dai-chan call kagura his gal. next week ikumatsu returns after 10 years damn its been so long shes definitely a character who needs more screentime. the katsura x ikumatsu shipper in me is already getting fired up
Oct 9, 2017 5:37 PM
Oct 2015
PaladinAlchemist said:
I love the Kagura boyfriend arc, which I think the anime adapted rather well.

But I'm REALLY looking forward to the homeless arc. I feel like Katsura and Ikematsu are the most underrated couple in Gintama. I hope they end up together at the end of the story (the real life Katsura and Ikematsu did end up marrying - so here's hoping!)
you and me both. it really is an underrated ship. they are so cute together.
Oct 10, 2017 2:56 AM
Oct 2016
This was better than previous episode up until 12:12, the moment which everything should be back to their own place. And Shinpachi like as always trying to bring others to their sense is on my nerve. :|

Wasn't this episode more like Urusei Yatsura when aliens come to earth to marry the main character? Was it for Attack on Titans?
Xenoneo202_Oct 10, 2017 3:00 AM
Oct 10, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
darktip said:
I'm a bit confused. When Gintoki and Papi went to Kagura's friend, some dialog we got through and she said, that she calls she's brother (Shyougun). But isn't he dead by end of TV-4 (that scene when he was poisoned)? What's going on, can someone explain it to me?

PS. great episode btw 5/5
these chapters and episodes are set before the final arcs. We are also going to be seeing a few dead characters in one of the episodes later on. The anime skipped these chapters to get into the final arcs faster so this season is only gonna be leftovers so dont expect much.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2017 7:46 AM

Mar 2013
Good Episode. It was funny in the first part, and get more serious in the last half part... Can't wait for Ikumatsu and Madao in the next Episode...

Also dat' "This isn't Titans attacking on! It's an Attack on Titans!" got me so hard. And Dai finally found a "father" lol.
Oct 11, 2017 9:10 PM

Nov 2013
was laughing my butt off the entire episode.
The Voice Acting was TOP-NOTCH!

I'm so happy we get to see these arcs animated TTvTT
And Kagura's three "boyfriends" <3 It's so heartwarming. You don't really see so many series that focus a lot on familial love like this.
The irony that Gintama is primarily a comedy, and it does better than most shows to convey this |D

Can't wait for the next mini arc! That one is also gonna be great ;u;
Oct 12, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2016
loved it so much. the scene got serious and cool when gintoki and umibozu beat shit outta titans until they forgot about kagura and they got beaten up too :')
Oct 12, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
is this season similar to gintama enchousen?
4 episodes in October and the rest in December?

i liked this episode better than the last one. i'm new to anime, it was nice to finally get one of the thousand parodies they're doing..

the animation is bad though..i hope they're saving up for the last arc..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.