Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2017 6:53 AM
May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite interesting.....looking forward next season
Sep 29, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely loved this ending :)I feel like it all makes sense now cos at the end of chaos child I felt confused I think this is a really good ending and i finally have closure got a little teary at the end
zoeanime13Sep 29, 2017 7:40 AM
Sep 29, 2017 9:17 AM
Feb 2017
zoeanime13 said:
Absolutely loved this ending :)I feel like it all makes sense now cos at the end of chaos child I felt confused I think this is a really good ending and i finally have closure got a little teary at the end

I dunno, this movie gives me more questions than answers, like how Onoe made friends, why exactly the Chaos Child syndrome happened, the blonde teacher.

The relationship between Takuru and Onoe feel flat as well because the anime is badly-paced. Had it been 24+ episodes, the movie would've had greater impact.

Other than that, it's the most conclusive ending this series can possibly be.
Sep 29, 2017 10:09 AM

Nov 2015
back in season ending was more to my liking, this kind of conclusive ep was boring and felt too normal, especially Onoe gotten normally boring, is a little turn off.
Imagine watching whole 12 ep with characters all but Onoe with such faces though, Would've been hella of funnier ride.

Didn't chaos child syndrome result as part of from destruction of that device by Taku chaos head one? and those events.
I'm not exactly sure from where that teacher come, but to me it seemed like someone just took over the position from villain in chaos;head and he wasn't included in this series overall.
Sep 29, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
FarrelMFajar said:
zoeanime13 said:

I dunno, this movie gives me more questions than answers, like how Onoe made friends, why exactly the Chaos Child syndrome happened, the blonde teacher.

But if they respond in the same episode, it is more Takuru explains how the syndrome occurred lol , It happens the moment that Takuru returns a normal girl to Serika.
Sep 29, 2017 10:35 AM

Oct 2010
So I'm seeing an episode 13 and 14 at some places...are those this movie just split into two episodes?
Sep 29, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2012
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
So I'm seeing an episode 13 and 14 at some places...are those this movie just split into two episodes?

Yes it is the same split by two
Sep 29, 2017 12:38 PM

Aug 2016
Since I hardly remember what happend last season, this was very difficult to follow.
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 29, 2017 5:08 PM

Feb 2016
Silent_Four-Eyes said:
Since I hardly remember what happend last season, this was very difficult to follow.

I felt exactly the same, I just remembered the basics of how it ended and that was quite enough, but still difficult to follow
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 29, 2017 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
wowwwwww pretending to never know each other... that made me sad!

to my understanding from what I spoilers I barely remembered reading about and what this episode has shown,

the Shibuya Earthquake (chaoschild event) caused severe trauma to Takuru, friends, and others due to the pure unfair, unbelievable "hell on earth" reality they were victims of. With the sheer amount of victims accepting their delusions, a "delusion synchronization" was made. In short, there are "two Shibuyas". A delusional Shibuya that only victims can see, and a real Shibuya that everyone else inhabits. The victims are able to interact with the unaffected, but are still trapped in the delusional Shibuya (aka One World Order)

Which is what Wakui(the villain) was researching on. Wakui was present, or at the very least made a small introduction throughout the ChaosChild 12 episode anime before getting shafted by that foster dad.

The victims underwent massive stress due to accepting their delusions and suffered Chaos Child Syndrome(extremely fatigued appearance, funny color) and were placed in Hekiho Academy. To everyone who wasn't a victim, seeing the ChaosChild Syndrome in Shibuya became normal over the years.

What about Serika Onoe? How come she wasn't affected? wtfbro

The only thing I can think of is that it was because of Taku's wish. Taku's wish of being a hero, and he'd want his imaginary friend to help him achieve it. Given Taku's power, his imaginary friend became a real "delusional" human. That is Serika Onoe. She existed in the delusional Shibuya but not in the Real Shibuya

Serika never was a victim of the Shibuya Earthquake so she doesn't suffer from ChaosChild Syndrome. With her mission of fulfilling Taku's wish, she would operate in the delusional Shibuya until Taku decides to end it.

This is where I'm a bit stumped on, but what Taku did is that he killed his best delusional friend Serika and converted her into a normal human who became part of the Real Shibuya.

This is why Taku says the best friend and person that he loved doesn't exist in the world anymore. They will never cross fates again.

delusional Serika is the person he loved but no longer exists, while real Serika does. Serika eventually remembers her past and also agrees with Taku. Their love occurred in delusional Shibuya and meant it was never real...(? please fix me on this xD it's really sad to accept)

KomomoSep 29, 2017 7:59 PM
Sep 29, 2017 8:15 PM

Jan 2014
Silent_Four-Eyes said:

I felt the same way, and I reviewed the show lmao!

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 29, 2017 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
So many loose ends, terrible animation, forced emotional scenes. Inconsistent all around.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 29, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
MC suffers for no reason then? k
Sep 29, 2017 10:04 PM
Apr 2009
Freestyle80 said:
MC suffers for no reason then? k
He took the full blame for the New New Gen murders and chose to make serika a normal human. Because he realize what he’s done and made her do and bcoz of love.
Sep 30, 2017 12:08 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Looks like Crunchyroll put this movie up as 2 separate episodes
Sep 30, 2017 5:37 AM

Jun 2012
So a normal ending this time, or is this the true one? Anyway, to my surprise I like this tragedy better than the latter half of the series.
Sep 30, 2017 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
I was not expecting this...nice closure I liked it ...
Sep 30, 2017 12:24 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty bittersweet ending to the story. Would've been nice if they had become friends again after Serika regained her memories.

The most interesting part of the episode was when the Committee dude showed and talked about the One World Order, that was really intriguing and I think Chaos;Child is the first series to explicitly mention the committee within their story-line. Wonder when all the Science Adventure series will end up intersecting with each other.
Sep 30, 2017 1:55 PM
Feb 2016
The story was horribly executed in almost every possible way.
Sep 30, 2017 6:03 PM
Mar 2017
Chaos; Child: Silent Sky serves as the epilogue and true end of the story.
It shows us in detail the consequences of the election of Takuru at the end of Chaos; Child.

While Serika is on a journey of self-rediscovery, we, the audience, are discovering that we did not really know nearly as much as we thought we had done;
This in turn redefines many of the conversations and events that are seen in the anime, giving you a reason to go back and see the entire anime with new eyes.).
But most importantly, it gives us a final, personal look at our pair of heroes / villains who come to terms with each other and what they have done.

pd:
The truth would have been that they did not take so long to upload this "movie", I had to take a quick look at the anime again, and with the first episode (the summary of chaos; head) my memories were confused with the 2008 anime XD

-

All this time from the beginning the characters were old but at the sight of them they did not realize, or since when they are old?

Could they use that power in real life or was it just imaginary?

Does an organization experiment with humans in an imaginary world, but how would they control and make a world order?

Questions that need answers, for me and many that surely did not understand
FireCrauterSep 30, 2017 6:15 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 30, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Wow! Too much hate and love in this discussion. XD

Well, from my perspective, it might not be the best way to close a story full of questions; however, it is still enough as a "emotional closure" for those that felt the series' end incomplete/open. And it is also enough for those that are not motivated to jump and dive deep into a franchise with diferent perspectives for the New World Order concept...

My candies:
Oct 1, 2017 1:22 AM

Nov 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
I think Chaos;Child is the first series to explicitly mention the committee within their story-line.
I think Robotics;Notes did it first though (anime-wise).
Lelouch0202 said:
Wonder when all the Science Adventure series will end up intersecting with each other.
Probably when Chiyomaru (the creator) feels like finishing the franchise, for any reason whatsoever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
5/10 mixed feelings about the ending but the epilogue was okay :? Prison? sad :(
Oct 1, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2008
So these 2 episodes are the events that happened on the 12th episode of ChaoS;Child.
Onoe Serika is now a normal person girl.
4/5.

Oct 2, 2017 4:42 AM
Aug 2015
Anyone knows the insert song at the end part?
Oct 2, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2009
What a nonsensesical piece of shit. What the fuck was even going on? How was this slideshow approved to air? The number of still shots, panning shots or scenes where characters only talk with zero movement or emotion was insulting.
Oct 3, 2017 7:33 AM

Oct 2016
how did the rest of the girls woke up from the coma at the ending?
am i missing something here?
Oct 3, 2017 9:36 AM

May 2013
Inokori said:

They didn't. They're still in delusional shibuya but they're gonna wake up soon as their body recovers from the abnormal aging. It seems like the only way to recover for them is to go to coma first then wake up.
Oct 3, 2017 9:44 AM

Oct 2016
oh, i see
thanks for the answer!
maybe the trigger they need is to meet Onoe...
Oct 3, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
Even since it start anime was really lacking a lot of thing for those that haven't read VN.
For anime viewer only they can only say this is shit and they don't understand anything what's going on.
I can understand that but those that already read VN quite understand how story will go on even with this stupid rush, but yeah I can say anime wasn't good animation from very start and VN is so much better.

I found VN much way interesting but I like way better in anime when they bid farewell thought.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 4, 2017 7:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Is not a conclusion, is a new start!!!
Oct 5, 2017 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
The story has really good concepts and the ending makes perfect sense for it. Takuru is the root of all the disgrace that happened and the poor existence that was Serika, born just to serve him and make him a hero - superior to everyone else. Takuru accepting his punishment and letting Serika go is the best way to end this.

Wakui's part was kinda confusing, but I guess that's the way the anime wanted to say the Committee had bigger involvement than just what Serika caused to make Takuru's murder mystery.

Still, this had poor direction, too much time on confusing info-dumps and lack of emotional impact. Poor adaptation for an interesting story.
Oct 6, 2017 12:52 PM
May 2013
There are 2 Shibuyas?

From what I understood watching the anime, the Chaos;Child syndrome started after the earthquake caused in Chaos;Head. The victims of the Chaos Child syndrome are living in the same Shibuya as everyone, but they can't perceive the victims of the Chaos child syndrome (including themselves) as having an aged appearance, due to the sycnchronization of the victims' delusions. Which means, to the victims, the chaos child syndrome doesn't exist. Even if a non-victim mentions to a victim about their aged appearance or any information regarding chaos child syndrome, they won't hear it. This is because the delusional synchronization of the victims prevent every victim from becoming aware of the reality of their situation (chaos child syndrome), and thus this is why it is called a delusion. This means that Takuru and the others(except for Onoe since she doesn't have the chaos child syndrome) already had an aged appearance even since episode 1 of the anime.

When Takuru chose to wake up from the delusion, this caused every other victim of the chaos child syndrome to be in a comatose state, since the delusional synchronization between the victims was broken. As explained in Silent Sky, this comatose state is so that the victims can slowly accept and realize their condition (chaos child syndrome) and slowly come back to reality. However, the only victim that successfully awoke from the comatose state was Takuru, and hence why he isn't in a prison since they need his data so they can create a cure for the other victims.

In the end, the girls awaken from the coma, seeing as Takuru was about to be transferred to prison. He wouldn't be transferred if the researchers didn't obtain a cure for the chaos child syndrome.

At least this is what I understood after watching. What does everyone think?

btw did anyone notice that the blue-haired girl was playing with Takumi (Chaos;Head Protagonist) in a party in the emp sweep game? (I forgot what episode this was.) It wasn't translated in the CR subs but since I can read Hiragana and Katakana and a few kanji, it clearly translated to Knight Heart.
MarathotakuOct 6, 2017 9:52 PM
Oct 7, 2017 7:55 AM
May 2017
DestinoAzell said:
Kanako Itou- Silent Wind Bell
Oct 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
to anyone who already play the VN, is there an ending where those pair end up being together? the ending is soo sadd, really hate this kind of ending
Oct 7, 2017 6:03 PM
Aug 2015
FatCunt said:
DestinoAzell said:
Kanako Itou- Silent Wind Bell
Thank yous so much FatCunt!
Oct 15, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
I felt like these Chaos series always make the stories needlessly complicated and hard to understand. It's like they try to create an artistic though-provoking show but fail at it with their bizarre scenarios and confusing characters. And you have to watch it a few time or play the VN to fully comprehend the situation. Although I found Chaos;head to be somewhat easier to understand.

In Chaos;child I didn't feel any real connection or bond between the characters to empathise with them on an emotional level. They all felt pretty superficial. Even the romance was virtually invisible throughout except maybe in the end of this movie. I really wonder how routes played out.

But I do agree with the whole two Shibuyas theory because I was constantly wondering as to why none of the protagonists from Chaos;head intervened when the new gen murders start again even when Takumi's name was mentioned. I watched Chaos;head a few years so I don't even remember how it ended.

Personally I didn't like this ending. I mean it's just too sad and tragic. Even if it all occurred due to Takeru's childish wish to become a hero due to his parent's negligence which led to Serika committing all those murders. He shouldn't be held responsible because he didn't initiate the murders. He just wanted to solve a mystery and be acknowledge as a hero. It's human nature of wanting to be important to someone. Yet he is the one who suffers and sacrifices the most till the very end.
Oct 27, 2017 4:53 PM
Mar 2017
Inokori said:

You aren't missing anything. it's just that this OVA was a rather poor job of adapting the true end which should've been 4 episodes at the very least, but anyways, in the VN it's shown that they're gonna transmit Takuru's brainwaves through a broadcast of his confession which includes the brain waves as a subliminal message to cure Chaos Child Syndrome, so they do that, and around 80% of the patients are cured, including the main girls.

I really recommend everyone to read the VN, as this ova skipped a lot of things from the Silent Sky route which imo made it much better.
Zetamon75Oct 27, 2017 4:56 PM
Nov 26, 2017 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
Zelev said:
So many loose ends, terrible animation, forced emotional scenes. Inconsistent all around.

Agree.
I think i should really takes some complain, reviews both forum and spoiler to avoid this kind of crap.
Jan 12, 2018 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
chäös;child: silent sky? more like DISASTER;CHILD! because this was the worst possible closure to an already huge aliment of an irredeemable semicolon title. surpassing even catastrophe;head in the process of butchering itself. edgy taku who was a failure of an otaku, playing the tragic hero ticked me off more than anything. if you want to play victim card to show off after all the mess you weren't fully responsible for to begin with, then go somewhere else, as this entire plot reeks of bad and inconsistent writing. and i'm sure the vn would have been even more dragging. this anime was a nice waste of time. i will never bother with all these try-hard philosophical nonsense combined with d-sword bs again.
Jan 22, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't remember too much from the end of the anime, so I rewatched the last episode. The end of Chaos;Child was too abrupt without enough explanations and here, there were a few explanations.
There were too many forced emotional scenes with Takuru, but I liked this movie.

This movie also adds questions about the coma and did people wake up at the end?
After having read the comments, it looks like it is.

In overall, it was a little better than the main anime.
Aug 31, 2018 12:51 AM

Jun 2011

what is this garbage? Why even bother making an epilogue if it's not even going to resolve anything? That said, I actually liked Serika and Takuru's relationship when she couldn't remember what happened.

C;C is actually far less enjoyable than C;H, and it also makes less sense. The show is full of edgy kids (it's anime, they don't have parents) playing detective but as soon as they found out about something they go "ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhhhhh" and scream on top of their lungs. If you're so god damn scared of a little of nothing maybe you shouldn't be doing shit late at night, trying to investigate a murder case. Stop overreacting to every little things.

I thought the protagonist would be far and beyond better than the one we had in C;H but after watching this show, that couldn't have been further from the truth. Takuru makes Takumi look like the best character in all of anime, at least for Takumi it's actually more relatable and his character progression actually make sense.. "I am special" - Takuru

I usually don't really care much about the plot as long as the characters are good, which this definitely wasn't the case, and unfortunately even the plot is botched. It's basically C;H but worse. It basically followed the same format of main character forgetting stuffs from the past and slowly unravel the mystery as he regain his lost memories and apparently remembering stuffs now cause major headache like your head is about to explode. A good 10 episodes of pointless gore, a lot of "ahhh ahhhhh ahhhhhhh" screaming and then protagonist remembering shit, how absolutely engaging the plot was. Oh and somehow some high school kids are able to take photo of absolute confidential crime scene, and post them all over a board in their club room.. yeah..

I am never watching another one of these Chaos;Shit if a new one comes out. The characters are the absolute low point to these series. Character bonding wasn't even felt, it just happened because plot. Plot twist is absolute garbage, daddy been with you for few years but it was allll a lieeeeeeeee, daddy been acting for that oscar for years now. Much dedicated.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 29, 2019 5:45 PM
Jan 2018
ToG25thBaam said:

what is this garbage? Why even bother making an epilogue if it's not even going to resolve anything? That said, I actually liked Serika and Takuru's relationship when she couldn't remember what happened.

C;C is actually far less enjoyable than C;H, and it also makes less sense. The show is full of edgy kids (it's anime, they don't have parents) playing detective but as soon as they found out about something they go "ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhhhhh" and scream on top of their lungs. If you're so god damn scared of a little of nothing maybe you shouldn't be doing shit late at night, trying to investigate a murder case. Stop overreacting to every little things.

I thought the protagonist would be far and beyond better than the one we had in C;H but after watching this show, that couldn't have been further from the truth. Takuru makes Takumi look like the best character in all of anime, at least for Takumi it's actually more relatable and his character progression actually make sense.. "I am special" - Takuru

I usually don't really care much about the plot as long as the characters are good, which this definitely wasn't the case, and unfortunately even the plot is botched. It's basically C;H but worse. It basically followed the same format of main character forgetting stuffs from the past and slowly unravel the mystery as he regain his lost memories and apparently remembering stuffs now cause major headache like your head is about to explode. A good 10 episodes of pointless gore, a lot of "ahhh ahhhhh ahhhhhhh" screaming and then protagonist remembering shit, how absolutely engaging the plot was. Oh and somehow some high school kids are able to take photo of absolute confidential crime scene, and post them all over a board in their club room.. yeah..

I am never watching another one of these Chaos;Shit if a new one comes out. The characters are the absolute low point to these series. Character bonding wasn't even felt, it just happened because plot. Plot twist is absolute garbage, daddy been with you for few years but it was allll a lieeeeeeeee, daddy been acting for that oscar for years now. Much dedicated.
Shouldn't have even bothered with the anime adaptations in the first place. You should have played the VNs instead.
Jul 9, 2019 8:18 AM
Aug 2018
It has its flaws,but i still love it anyway:3
Definitely better than the main anime.
Jul 11, 2019 6:02 AM
Jan 2017
its very weird ending afterall..
every people had a chaos child syndrom become old and some of friend had a coma for few month
and miyashiro become the main suspect of all the serial killer,,
then miyashiro meet his friend but choose to forget her, its very hurtfull ending,
6/10
May 6, 2020 10:24 AM
May 2020
ToG25thBaam said:

Ok listen up budy, dont even try to give your own freaking mindset to another people (either if this reality or not).... the anime its really that bad IF YOU A PERSON THAT USUALLY USE BRAIN, i'm never read/play the VN to watch this anime and i already tell what the hell is going on, thats why in the first place C;C intoduce again C;H... which u need to watch that too bfore this.. on that anime you can even tell how this aged problem and the world (in shibuya) got separate... i really hate this kind of comment, that doesnt even understand somethin, just judging wiithout trying to find it by his/her own self
May 6, 2020 10:31 AM
May 2020
and for the other people too... remember this anime is just an bonus for a product that make the story of the anime it self (like manga, LN, WN or game (inlcuding VN) ).... if you guys thinks when they sell or post ab the anime, u will realise some part that will mising on the story it self thats why there's an help "read or play the product (manga, VN,LN,WN,game)... also for the people really disapointing ab the romance of this anime,,, cant you guys even look at the genre of the anime before watch??? is there any romance genre there for this anime??? this is why i hate people that just judging something before trying to find out.. andddd for bonus,, every anime has Opening u guys may know this, try to translete or read the translation of it (especially on this topic, for this anime), try to connect it with the anime it self
May 6, 2020 2:31 PM

Jun 2011
Nagash066 said:
Ok listen up budy, dont even try to give your own freaking mindset to another people (either if this reality or not).... the anime its really that bad IF YOU A PERSON THAT USUALLY USE BRAIN, i'm never read/play the VN to watch this anime and i already tell what the hell is going on, thats why in the first place C;C intoduce again C;H... which u need to watch that too bfore this.. on that anime you can even tell how this aged problem and the world (in shibuya) got separate... i really hate this kind of comment, that doesnt even understand somethin, just judging wiithout trying to find it by his/her own self
?? I am not sure what you're trying to say but if you're trying to say that the VN is better then sure. I am purely talking about this anime series. And it's basically my own mini review to revisit to jolt my memory of what the series is about years down the line in case I forgot.

Also if this is made just to promote the VN, that has little to do with me, I don't really read VN anyway. You yourself even said that this anime is missing pieces that could be found in the VN/original source, so yeah.. I never claim Chaos VN is terrible, I only said that this series is annoying and the sequel makes lesser sense than the original.

Lastly, a lot of people don't check the genre when they watch an anime.. I prefer going into a series blind most of the time, I don't even read the synopsis before watching.. it's okay if people are disappointed at the lack of romance.. stop getting mad at everyone for not rating the series 10/10..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 11, 2020 6:49 PM
Mar 2019
Ending is a big pile of trash
Jul 21, 2021 6:24 AM
Dec 2017
I really wished the ending of the vn/anime didn't suck as much as it did.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There's more Chaos;Child??

AndoCommando - Sep 5, 2017

11 by ardabiochem »»
Oct 1, 2017 3:47 PM

» When will the movie come out?

removed-user - Aug 14, 2017

3 by removed-user »»
Sep 5, 2017 5:17 AM

» chaos child movie speculation and hype

Akerakaaaai - May 28, 2017

11 by TheQuestions »»
Aug 13, 2017 11:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.