Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2017 5:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode and battle really felt like it was just another generic fight like some of the other episodes. Except the stakes felt like it was higher with Eri taking on that other guy in the mech.

They tried to make the battle look like a rivalry but the buildup felt extremely cheesy and lacked interest. Overall, this was a below average show imo that had a weak story and forgettable character cast. Could of been better.
Stark700Sep 24, 2017 6:52 AM
Sep 24, 2017 6:07 AM

Mar 2017
The only good thing about this show was Ernesti. 7/10
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 24, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2010
Ok ending but it could have been better.
Somehow it seemed a bit like an open ending since some of the enemy survived and the character relationships seemed incomplete.
The combat also seemed like they where rushing.
Sep 24, 2017 8:28 AM
Dec 2010
Disappointing end to an okay show. If they had ended it more open-ended and not brought in the whole "I believe in my robot soul" crap or the whole "He's stronger than me?!" thing, I think it might have done better.

Seemed like they pulled every cliche they could just to end this on a relatively high note but it just cheapens the whole thing by doing so.

Also, no mention of how airships were more brought on as a military power? It'd be years before that kind of power was handed for civilian use. New era indeed...

Sep 24, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
The ending was the same as every other episode of the show: safe, mildly interesting, good-looking, and not that memorable.

Overall, I liked the show and will be nice and give it a 7/10. Some weeks I looked forward to watching it; some weeks I forgot about it. The biggest compliment I have for it, is that the mechs looked great, and the battles were fun. We need more anime that actually uses their CGI elements properly.

I have a couple questions:

1. Were they implying that the Zouldek queen killed herself, with that tipped over wine glass (Queen of Thorns style)?

2. Why on earth did they let those soldiers escape, including the hyper-dangerous sword-mech guy?

Side-Note: As predicted, the whole reincarnation/isekai subplot was completely pointless and barely referenced.
MyHeroZeroSep 24, 2017 9:15 AM
Sep 24, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Ernesti's was able to win his fight. I like how the former King openly insulted his grandson.

This episode didn't feel like a finale.

Sep 24, 2017 9:24 AM

Sep 2015
Of course Eru will do this "isn't just for show" even he have bootleg Shining Gundam before.

Now Eru move back and make everyone go to space now.
Into the Internet!
Sep 24, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
A decent finale. Ernesti was able to defeat the Drake and everyone else won. His enthusiasm for robots was annoying. He has his own lab now. The action was okay. A below average show overall.
Sep 24, 2017 9:32 AM
Mar 2014
Noooooooooo... only 13 episodes and it ended ?!?!

I was really looking forward for more.

I hope they bring it back as Season 2 or "The Age of the Airship" as a separate story.
Sep 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
It ended as expected, with Ernie's side winning and everyone living happily ever after. I didn't really expect anything different though, so this cheerful ending was in line with what I assumed would happen. Also, looks like they kept the ending kind of open since not all of their enemies died, like that prince guy and Gojass (who they probably should have arrested). That kind of hints at a possible season 2 (especially with Gojass coming up with a new scheme) but I don't think we'll see one.

The CGI for the mechs looked really good, especially compared to most anime CGI, and the fights were entertaining enough, so that's a plus. I kind of wish there was some focus, or at least some mentions, on the isekai subplot, as someone else said above. I almost completely forgot that this was an isekai show and that Ernie isn't originally from this world. Clearly then, that was just a forgotten plot device to get the story started. Overall, this was a pretty unremarkable show.
thebrentinator24Sep 24, 2017 10:11 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
dam another dissapoint adaptation LN6/10.
Sep 24, 2017 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
I liked this show when they were just building mechs.
Sep 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
@BoardGameBrawl My guess is there were so many solders they couldn't capture them all and some slipped through without their SK. With as many men as they had it's not surprising a wagon full of them were able to escape under the cover of darkness. The issue they now face is having enough food to last them until they get back.
Sep 24, 2017 12:02 PM

Feb 2015
Knights & Magic is like the anime equivalent of fast food. Its not particularly good for you but you enjoy it and it leaves you strangely wanting more.

I wont pretend this is the best anime ever but it was fun and i'd be all for a second season if they ever decide to make one.
Sep 24, 2017 12:08 PM
Jan 2016
Give me a new season please, if can't then can they at least make a spinoff series where they covered what they skipped in the rest of the story. They skipped too much for a few volumes. If they also can't do that, then please put this series in the super robot wars. That will be awesome
Sep 24, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
In short: Kushpercha turns into America.
Sep 24, 2017 12:28 PM
Aug 2017
more episode and you must not stop.more seasons.cant end like this
i love it
Sep 24, 2017 12:29 PM
Aug 2017
one of the best mecha,magic anime series i have watched
Sep 24, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2016
Generic AF! the episode the ending the whole anime overall...just generic AF

I was so bored with the last 2 or 3 episodes that I found myself constantly checking the time...now don't get me wrong this isn't an inherently bad anime but my god is it so plain and average...so I'll give it a 5/10 overall
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 24, 2017 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
Ernesti tried to go full Amuro in this episode.

Newtype communication with Oratio.

Pushing the Drake as if it were an asteroid.

I do wonder if Oratio is another reincarnate, a battleship otaku in a previous life.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 24, 2017 12:50 PM
Aug 2017
Average episode
Which also happened to be the last

I mean, cmon
All of the currently airing anime I am watching have either:
1 Just Ended
or
2 On Their Last Episode
I was once impacted by every Anime I saw.

Now only the truly good can get past my barrier.

Also, Anime severely hardened my mental state
this is a horrible signature.
Sep 24, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2016
Was an ok show which had it's moments. I also liked the CGI mecha fights quite a bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2017 2:06 PM
Nov 2010
Jinkoplays said:
Average episode
Which also happened to be the last

I mean, cmon
All of the currently airing anime I am watching have either:
1 Just Ended
or
2 On Their Last Episode

you do know it's the end of the summer season right?
Sep 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
BoardGameBrawl said:
I have a couple questions:
1. Were they implying that the Zouldek queen killed herself, with that tipped over wine glass (Queen of Thorns style)?
2. Why on earth did they let those soldiers escape, including the hyper-dangerous sword-mech guy?
Side-Note: As predicted, the whole reincarnation/isekai subplot was completely pointless and barely referenced.
1. Yeah, I think she did.
2. The sword guy in particular fell into the river, so by drifting it could ellude enemies easily, remember the Kusheperchans were busy retaking the city at the time. And like the guy before said some footsoldiers could have escaped, and luckily regroup while escaping (they were all going west after all).

And while I'm here, series had okay fights but not much else, almost everything was ruined by the too fast-paced adaptation. Forgettable/10
Sep 24, 2017 2:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm gonna miss this anime....It wasn't anything amazing, but it's been a while since there's been a fun original mecha show and thankfully week after week this managed to be that

The way the mechs were designed and animated were beautiful so I hope to see more groups replicate that in the future....I'd love a second season of this but I doubt it's gonna happen, so I'll just stick to the manga and maybe even read the LN

Solid 7/10
Sep 24, 2017 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
Eru wins with his speed, and archid saves the princess queen but he goes back instead of staying.
The bad guys are still alive, four eyes goes on to the next country to use them 7.5/10
Sep 24, 2017 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
Even it was a generic ending, it can't be helped.
They let them live so that, Ernersti will have more fun.

Anyway, A smart otaku mecha lover huh. It was enjoyable to see mecha anime because i'm not really into mecha genre.

Good run 8/10 cuz I like the MC. LUL
EuphoriaSep 24, 2017 2:52 PM
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 24, 2017 2:54 PM
Nov 2010
For those who liked the anime I highly suggest reading the LN so you can see all the extra information that was cut from the anime (there was a lot of it)

Other then that I really enjoyed the random straight up fun that went with this anime. As a mecha fan this anime was just perfect in that regard.

So hopefully there is a season 2 but even if there isn't I really hope for someone to release some model kits >:D I would gladly buy a few for sure
Sep 24, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
well it was good but I thought one season was enough
Sep 24, 2017 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
Well, it ends. Time to go and read the novel.
One of the few "another world" series that I like.
The ones I hate are Death March and Smart Phone...those are so shitty.
Overall, 8/10.
Sep 24, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2016
That was very well done by Ernesti & the rest of the order of the silver phoenix.

I enjoyed this series from start to finish, it was a lot of fun to watch.

Archid you could have done better in that moment you had with Eleonora, if there is naother season he will get more chances.

If there if another season eventually I will look forward to it.
Sep 24, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2015
Thank god this is over. Can't say I enjoyed this even a tiny bit.

4/10.

Sep 24, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2013
Well, I definitely had a better impression reading the LN... well anyways, this last episode was really average.

6/10.

Sep 24, 2017 5:33 PM
Mar 2017
The first episode was amazing but then it went down hill from there, so cheesy and generic, and Ernsti's personality is annoying. I watched episode after episode hoping for it to pick up but nada.
5/10 because I liked the twins
Sep 24, 2017 6:01 PM
Nov 2012
Pretty average ending to the show but felt rushed Andy was insufferable after her 1st few appearances when you realize she only exists to hug ernesti at least kid got some development at the end.

1 thing that stuck out to me at the end was; wasn't ernesti's whole motivation in the final battle to make the levitate ships/drake technogical failures by proving his knights were better it kind of gos against his motivation to take this tech back to the kingdom and start a airship revolution?!

All in all through the show started out strong then reached its apex in episode 8 I'd give it a 6/10
Sep 24, 2017 6:28 PM

Jun 2017
A forgettable end to a forgettable show.
Sep 24, 2017 8:01 PM
Sep 2012
Finally a gundam reference. Well that show ended with a blast shame about it never having a chance for an S2 since there's still so much stuff to be presented. Overall the series was a blast to watch with its honest enthusiasm and unabashedly love for mechs.
Sep 24, 2017 8:50 PM

Apr 2011
Well, that was fun and enjoyable robot action. But the series feels average.
Sep 24, 2017 9:16 PM
Mar 2009
Decent series overall. Gave it a 7 overall, but the ending wasn't quite bland. No real excitement to it. Battle scenes in this series were always hit-and-miss and this one missed.

Can't say I enjoyed the few relationships shown in this series. Kid and Eleonora just seems so shallow and weak. At least we got to see Dietrich go from overconfident bastard to sniveling coward to competent knight. Probably the most satisfying character development in the series. Can't believe they threw away his rivalry with Gustav by letting Edgar and the Prince beat him. If that's how they did it in the manga, so be it. But really, kinda sad.

So yeah, overall decent series. Flawed but entertaining. Somebody please tell them to age Ernesti properly... kid's like 14-15?
Sep 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
It was a fun show and one of the better mecha anime I've seen in recent memory. The 3D animation was great and it reminded me a little of one of the Zoids series from a couple years back.
I wouldn't mind a season 2 but I think it's unlikely.

8/10.
Sep 24, 2017 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
I guess that Zaloudek sister killed herself? Or just knocked the glass over because she ran out of fucks to give.

It was alright, kind of just a run-of-the-mill, generic mech show. The isekai part of it was kind of weird, because it wasn't really used at all, but at the same time was the foundation for the entire show. Like, the entire reason Ernesti was successful was because he was a technical genius Einstein before dying who had a massive passion for building model robot kits. That was the reason he was able to know exactly how to build the SK's, and upgrade them, and just roflstomp his way through everything. But at the same time, since it was only ever referenced in like the first episode or two, it's almost like they might as well have written the story without any kind of isekai/reincarnation elements.

I think the thing that disappointed me the most, is that Ernesti never seemed to bring out the full potential of the SK's more than once. The first time when the Behemoth attacked, he hijacked the Guair, and then stuck his gunblades into the arm connectors and essentially synced with the mech. He had all of the spells/scripts/etc flowing directly into his brain and he understood all of it. And then he went full fucking animal: he was able to manipulate all of the magic scripts and circuits directly on the fly, and make the knight move like a human body, and also link all of those magic blast spells together and whatnot.

When he kept talking about the future of mechs and his own custom one, that's what I assumed he had in mind. I really thought the Ikaruga was going to be some crazy mech design where he was standing in it and designed it to directly link to him. I also expected that when he learned the secrets to making the ether reactors, that his genius brain was going to see it and be like "oh that's how its done? well in that case I bet I can improve the efficiency and output by doing X and Y".

So that kind of let me down. I assumed there to be a lot more potential in the core of the mech designs, but it kind of just came down to aesthetic upgrades (which were cool in their own way).
Sep 24, 2017 10:26 PM

Jul 2017
Friend-zoned the queen? This kiddo...
Sep 24, 2017 11:17 PM

May 2014
This was okay for me even though they really skip lots of episodes
an open ending indeed they should have made a better fight
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
Ya know this show was okay ,it wasn't till they started going in on the mecha building that i started to enjoy it more seeing all the R&D done was nice ,my main glaring issue with the show was the fast pacing, it was a recurring issue the whole season.

while K&M doesn't bring anything groundbreakingly new to the Isekai genre with being pretty generic with it's characters/plot it still ends up being enjoyable as fan of mecha and it will serve as a serviceable filler till we get something big or another gundam

6.5/10
Sep 25, 2017 1:10 AM
Jan 2016
I enjoyed the whole R&D part and how people reacted to Eru destroying their common sense, but squeezing in the war into the last few episodes pretty much ruined it for me; would have been much better if the first season ended with the start of the war with a second season dedicated to it, so the characters introduced for the war could be fleshed out more and give the conflict more time to actually feel like a conflict.

Sep 25, 2017 1:15 AM

Jun 2017
Revvie-chan said:
In short: Kushpercha turns into America.

Did you mean Fremmevilla? Since Ernesti's Knight Order is the one peddling freedom fighters.
Sep 25, 2017 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
The mechs were great and it was a pretty fun ride, but the way they ended things was pretty poor. They didn't even leave too much of an ending to show that the story continues on after this (there was a sense of finality in how they ended it). I don't even remember half of the things that happened here, seemed like it was mostly anime original to me.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 25, 2017 2:27 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The final battle for the fortress sure got more interesting with the advent of the sword saint though im glad that he only stalled them briefly. Ernesti's talk with Gojass sure was interesting. Eleonore sure has gotten braver to stand firm even in the face of the oncoming drake but im glad that Kid managed to stop it and save her in the process. The battle with the drake sure was awesome though. And with the fall of the drake and the retaking of the capital Zaloudek's ambition is finally stopped. To Eleonore kid really become someone very dear to her though hasn't he. But im surprised that Gojass managed to survive the battle though but despite that the war is at last over. The ending itself sure was ironic though but this was a great end to the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Ending isn't bad for generic show. 7/10.
Sep 25, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
Despite how the storyline and most of the characters being generic, I somehow enjoyed this anime. LOL!
I really like the animation here by 8bit since I hated how they do the animation in Rewrite.
The battle scenes were nothing special but the mecha designs were OK.
Addy and the Queen were the only characters that I cared watching for and the reason why I stayed in this show.
I also did enjoy the interaction between Kid and the Queen as I really like the Queen's character design.
I hated the bad characters as they're scumbag thieves and I'm also not a fan of the mecha-freak trap. XD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

74 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.