Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2017 10:04 PM

May 2015
Zelev said:
A lot of people give the studio shit but fail to realize the creator has a say in it. I liked the twist, and I ship the two MCs. Still 4/10, though.. mostly because MC is overpowered and will never lose because she's main character.

Even though she already did lose.

Sep 23, 2017 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
This episode really didn't have the intensity of the previous episodes and felt like it was rushed, this ending despite being passable was a little disappointing for such a great series.
8/10
Forum Signature
Sep 23, 2017 10:33 PM
Sep 2017
Can anyone tell me if there will be a season 2?
Sep 23, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2008
Thestargazer said:

Nothing confirmed yet. Probably waiting to see how DVD/Blu-Ray sells do.
Sep 23, 2017 10:38 PM
Aug 2016
As soon as I heard that they were going to have an original anime ending, I knew it wasn't going to end well, and I was right. For all the hype that we got in the previous episode, as well as throughout most of the series, this was quite a disappointing ending. It was incredibly underwhelming and didn't have nearly as much tension as the previous matches did. Not to mention, it was also very anti-climatic, since no one suffered any loss, and everyone just moves on as if the match was completely meaningless. How can you even call that a final match?

I really had high hopes for this show back when I first heard that it was going to air in the summer, and it ended up being a let-down. Since this ended on a filler, I guess I should forget about the possibility of a second season.
VinnyLamSep 23, 2017 10:42 PM
Sep 23, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Just, what?

Most anticlimatic ending, don't really know what to feel yet. This probably isn't one of my top anime, even though I did want it to be.
Sep 23, 2017 10:44 PM

Jul 2014
Although it's an original ending, I'm satisfied with it. Even Suzui had an epic moment.

I really liked the OP & ED, especially the OP, it was really cool.

Overall, it was a pretty fun show and I enjoyed it a lot, I'm gonna miss Yumeko and Mary :'(

And I hope the original ending will not be an impediment for a second season.

Sep 23, 2017 10:44 PM
Sep 2017
animegeek4life said:
Thestargazer said:

Nothing confirmed yet. Probably waiting to see how DVD/Blu-Ray sells do.
Thanks I really hope there will be more
Sep 23, 2017 10:51 PM

May 2015
Oooh! Tarot cards! Finally, a game that caught my interest.

My guess is that the card with the mark was the Fool, but it was reversed, so if Suzui picked that card, they would have lost anyway. And then he picks Judgment because ANIME! Too bad they didn't really emphasize the "fate" part of the cards. Like Magician being a starting card while the World is basically the end card.

Aaaand it ends. They play one game, and it ends...I guess this is the part where MAPPA tells you to READ THE MANGA!
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:42 AM
Sep 23, 2017 11:08 PM

Sep 2016
MAPPA doesn't want to take the risk it seems....
if they are going to mention student council disband, vice-president in the epilogue anyway, why are they making original ending in the first place??? end ep.11 with boobs grab challenge and just adapt the final tower game in 1 episode that's enough. they could even give teaser for next big arc without even planning to make s2 just to make ppl curious about the manga. surely better than this lame final game and ending. bad marketing all over again.

6/10

I wish gamble fish have anime adaptation...
GangsterCatSep 23, 2017 11:20 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 23, 2017 11:13 PM

Mar 2016
Wow. Well, I'm pretty disappointed. This episode was surprisingly slow...the whole series built up to the match between Yumeko and the president and this was it. The actual match didn't even last that long, and everyone was just kinda like "okay!" and carried on.

That being said, it definitely leaves room for a season two. Gah, I really hope there will be one! Loved this series, all except for that finale. But, what else could they have done anyway? Yumeko or the president leaving still wouldn't have felt right, and with only one episode to wrap up, there wasn't much choice. At least nothing drastic happened. Since there were teasers about what happens beyond this episode, I'm really hoping it sells well and we'll get to see what the next arc everyone keeps mentioning is!

Also, I loved when Itsuki started shaking Mary and they were both excited and blushing about Suzui's "confession." It was kinda neat how the show started and ended with him since he wasn't even the main character.
Sep 23, 2017 11:15 PM
Jul 2016
QuattroVaginas said:
M49 said:

Yeah, I don't know what this means. They staked tons of money, nails, lives physically and metaphorically, yeah. If this is because the MC rarely loses, then this isn't anything new. So I don't understand.

Nothing is high stakes when she herself does not care about the bets, only the gamble. Money especially is treated like a joke in the show. It's not about her rarely losing, it's about losses being inconsequential, either by being given the chance to play until she wins or just the punishment becoming irrelevant (her pet status).

It's like watching Poker played with Monopoly money.

But she does care about the bets, else she wouldn't even gamble in the first place and would just play normal games. She likes it when both players feel the same pain and risks. To feel the pain, you gotta care about what is at stake, and the feeling of betting so much while having the risk of losing it all. The pain is towards her pleasure.
Sep 23, 2017 11:32 PM

Dec 2014
well THe anime ending was good too.... they made it so that there can be a second season if they like it....nice
Sep 23, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 2016
So , does that means OAV's or 2nd season?
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 24, 2017 12:16 AM

Jun 2016
JerryKen10 said:
I was surprised when they did not follow the manga for its finale. I think we won't get another sequel for this. All good opportunities have been lost. I still prefer reading the manga.

but i think they are smart to not make a sequel ... because a lot of sequel just keep making the previous season bad... and i think its good ending to make it draw...

bad grammar sry...
Sep 24, 2017 12:21 AM

Dec 2015
I guess that's that. This show went from somewhat exciting games and risks, to total borefest and sometimes even cringe. Even during this last episode I was barely paying attention and only thought when it would end. I honestly thought MAPPA would do better a better job.

I also couldn't swallow Aya Hirano as Jabami Yumeko, not many seem to have a problem with that, but I thought she was very miscast from the first time she spoke. Overall 5/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 24, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2010
wasn't that grand of a finale - but I'm okay with it

liked that Suzui got some spotlight
Sep 24, 2017 12:35 AM

Aug 2016
Wtf was this ending lol.

Set by SenpieX
Sep 24, 2017 12:50 AM

Sep 2014
How do you put effort into other building-up gambles which usually take at least one full episode to complete but dare to stuff the gamble with the "final boss" of the academy into less than 10 minutes. AND DO IT ORIGINAL
Sep 24, 2017 12:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly not the best of endings nor the best seasonal anime, but a remarkable one nevertheless.
Throughout the course of the series, sinistic and organismic facial expressions were visullized in order to demonstrate the intensity and insanity of the characters and I must say it was very effective, at least for me especially for the devastated expressions. Behind it all, however, was a rather simple story behind it but thanks to the impressive animation and in particular the eerie expressions, it makes up for it fair enough.

Honestly, in my opinion, this finale was a little 'weak' considering the amount of time this match took but from a psychological standpoint I must say it was the one of the most intimidating and breathtaking gambles of this series. Lol, I didn't expect Suzui to pull off the decider of the match, but oh well he is our main character, and where'd that shocking confession come from? Surely Mary and Itsuki saw a ship sailing right there, lmao. As for the President, she was quite intimidating and alarming throughout the episode but I would have personally liked to see her more involved with Suzui's decision although I do realize silence is the best action at times. All in all, it felt as though the episode was a little too short. Perhaps a ten-minute extension would have done the trick much better. Initially, I came into this last episode with no hints whatsoever as to what's going to happen next but after seeing the stakes in line, I was sure something decisive was going to happen but when it didn't turn out to be the case, I was slightly disappointed but it's understandable why the Studio would like to play it safely. I wonder where the real power of this academy lies though, judging from Runa Yomozaki's phone call with the 'President', Momogami Kirari seems nothing more than just a puppet in rule.

Overall, a 4/5 to this episode and a fairly well-achieved 7/10 to the show. Hopefully, news of a Second Season will be announced soon in the near future.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 24, 2017 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
nice.
they actually made a good ending :D

that dudes hair turned white lol i think this is getting pretty common in anime since TK did it. anyone feel the same?
Sep 24, 2017 1:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yumeko has come a long way since the beginning and its nice to see that she made some friends in the process.The bet for the game between the two sure was severe. Its interesting how the game chosen was one that used tarot cards which given their symbolic meaning was rather appropriate. Suzuki's confession really was a surprise. That game between the two sure was tense but im glad that in the end it was a draw. Its nice that they also showed the effects that Yumeko's coming had on the school and its students as well. That was a great end to the series i think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2017 1:12 AM

May 2017
I feel like I've seen this kind of ending before ...

Oh yeah, I think its name was No Season 2 No Life or something like that...
Sep 24, 2017 1:31 AM

Apr 2017
To think that they did an original ending... Oh well

The only positive is how Ryota mans up and gets the spotlight, also nabs a confession along the way XD.

Its really not a good ending for me. They ended it the way Stride did last year, making superb first 11 ep, then made a mess of the final episode.

Should have taken another ep or some kind of such way.

3/5
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 24, 2017 1:55 AM

Sep 2013
I had no idea I was getting an anime original ending until I watched the episode.

I gotta say I'm very disappointed in that. I was looking forward to a certain game where it really shows how brilliant Yumeko truly is and the stakes are really damn high. Instead, we get the charisma vacuum in Suzui heavily featured and depended on.

This is not how the series is suppose to be where Yumeko puts her faith in Suzui and while the other girls are rooting for him to make the right choice. Hell, later in the manga Yumeko...

Not only that, it's a battle between the student president and Yumeko, yet they have a person who isn't even part of the gamble be the deciding factor. On top of that, the game they played was far too simple for a finale against the final boss. It literally felt like I played a game for hours only to fight the final boss with a simple game of rock, paper, scissors. I do have to admit that it does make a little sense by not putting that game from the manga in the final episode. That game needs at least 2 episodes for it to do it's trick so I understand why we got an anime original ending, but at the same time at least make the game for the finale interesting.

Anyways, I still thought this series was really fun to watch. The ugly faces and monologues during the games were interesting. The soundtrack was awesome at times and made each move during a game that more dramatic. My complaint, like the manga, was that everyone is apparently a cheater early on in the series. It bothered me that almost everyone didn't have the skill to go one on one with Yumeko fairly. So they rely heavily on cheating.

Special Mention: Saori Hayami was pretty good as Yumeko. I had my doubts since Hayami is well known for playing soft spoken characters but she did fantastic as Yumeko.

2/5- For the finale
7/10- For the season

A finale so mediocre, it made Midari as dry as the desert.
TehSnawnSep 24, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 24, 2017 2:40 AM
May 2013
Welp, overall the anime was pretty good, yeah manga is better but it's all about gambling so this full-luck-challenge fits
Sep 24, 2017 2:46 AM
Nov 2016
Hmm, well, I have mixed feelings about the anime. The ending was really lackluster... There were so many great Gambles and this one just wasn't up to the mark. The fact that this is an original ending doesn't really bother me as I don't read the manga but I think I am going to pick it up now.

Pretty okay show, the psychology was good and the art style while being generic, was also a little better than average. 7/10.
Sep 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Okay finale. It wasn't as good as the other episodes. Suzui going all compulsive gambler mode was quite badass.

It was a fun ride. 7/10.

Sep 24, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Sexual-arousement-by-gambles/10. What a joke. This show would've overall worked better as a hentai instead; that way I could've genuinely enjoy it. *throws trash in a trash bin and scores*
removed-userSep 24, 2017 6:10 AM
Sep 24, 2017 4:15 AM

Jan 2013
Above average imo, so a 7. Yumeko was obviously the highlight of this show but I enjoyed others characters moments as well.

Season 2 when?
Sep 24, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2015
Finale was disappointing. Overall the show was fairly enjoyable. Nice visuals and music but the plot and gambling aspects were meh. 5/10
Sep 24, 2017 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
It was entertaining at least, more due to the production values (OST, design, voice acting) than in it itself.

5/10
Sep 24, 2017 5:16 AM

Sep 2014
People are complaining how the anime ending and manga was different from one another. It was the studio's risk to make that. It was their gamble ;)
Sep 24, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 2015
I would had liked for that last match to be longer but oh well... I really enjoyed this series and hopefully they'll release a sequel in the future.
Sep 24, 2017 5:38 AM
Aug 2016
youre getting wet, yumeko!
Sep 24, 2017 5:56 AM
Sep 2010
So I guess with this ending there's a chance for season 2?
Anyway, this anime season was so promising but in the end the three series I anticipated most (this, love and lies, classroom of the elite) ended up being quite disappointing...
sekai_sshiSep 24, 2017 6:00 AM
Sep 24, 2017 6:34 AM
Jul 2017
I was hoping for the last episode that they will leave us breathless.But no,let's force it beyond the limits,add some effects to be there,make Yumeko excited again and voila make a happy ending for everyone.I really wish the president would lose(not mad of the character but would be a better alternative ending).I didnt got all the mechanics of that fate cards game but the moment of choosing last card was a bit forced with all those effects.Oh yea,they finally showed us the president's sister instead of making us another prank.Good job,bro.Not sure if it's gonna be a sequel for this but I better read the manga.It's still 7/10 for me.
Sep 24, 2017 6:38 AM

Nov 2014
Not bad at all. The finale was a little anti-climatic, but it was still a fun ride. Most of the characters seemed to be on the verge of a mental breakdown or orgasm. I'll miss those crazy ass faces.

Episode: 5/5
Show: 7/10
aikaflipSep 24, 2017 6:50 AM
Sep 24, 2017 6:38 AM
Jun 2015
Well that was... an experience. Not sure what score I'd even give this. The ending was weak though.
Sep 24, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2016
sekai_sshi said:
So I guess with this ending there's a chance for season 2?
Anyway, this anime season was so promising but in the end the three series I anticipated most (this, love and lies, classroom of the elite) ended up being quite disappointing...
0 chance
manga is monthly, not so far off, original ending, basically claymore.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 24, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Zelev said:
A lot of people give the studio shit but fail to realize the creator has a say in it. I liked the twist, and I ship the two MCs. Still 4/10, though.. mostly because MC is overpowered and will never lose because she's main character.

Even though she already did lose.

You mean that time she lost because her opponent cheated? Or do you mean that time she lost, but got her friend to chip in more money and ended up winning anyway? Those don't count.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 24, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2009
The president seems slightly OOC to me in that game. I would have preferred the original arc ending. The episode of the tower risking their lives is more intense than this.

I loved the previous chapters but the ending disappointed me.
Sep 24, 2017 7:42 AM

Aug 2017
It was an ok episode. 3 out of 5 for me.

It was little disappointed with the finale but I expected it. I knew that the game would end up as a tie before watching the episode. It was kind of obvious. But oh well. This show was quite enjoyable from start to beginning. I had a blast with this one don't get me wrong. It's just that my expectations started high but declined through out. Suzui done goofed up. He should've picked the fool card instead of the plus 20 card. It would've been all over.

Overall a 7/10
It's a good show with a lot of potential but it did not live up to the hype. There were minor flaws.

Sep 24, 2017 7:42 AM
Jul 2017
Weak ending. The whole series was meh, only a few strong early episodes. Not as big a disappointment as Classroom of the Elite, though.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 24, 2017 7:59 AM

Dec 2013
Yeah, wasn't expecting them to mess up the ending so badly....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 24, 2017 8:04 AM
Mar 2016
the tower scene in the manga was much more thrilling than this ending, but i enjoyed it. i hope there's room for a season 2 and i hope theres some development on suzui x yumeko romance
Sep 24, 2017 8:09 AM
Jan 2017
I haven't read the manga so I thought it was a good ending, not as amazing as the other gambles we've seen but it was okay. The way it ended was good if they're not doing more seasons but if they do I hope they follow the manga as I've seen is obviously better.
Sep 24, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
It should have ended at ep11
Sep 24, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2016
I loved the type of game the President chose and I was honestly expecting a whole different gambling game, but heck it's fine.

Ugh. I love you, Kirari Momobami! She should have MORE screen time and her mysterious twin Ririka, though.

I wasn't expecting that the words "Very good friends" are gonna come out of Jabami's mouth. Lmfao. Jeez. Ryouta's monologue, though. He likes Jabami now? Please no. Spare yourself. Hahaha.

Loved this finale. I give this whole show a 7/10. Thank you for making me lose my sanity for a few times. Lmfao. I don't mind a 2nd season, though. :p

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 24, 2017 8:43 AM

Sep 2017
The show was entertaining, but it aint got shit on kaiji. 6/10
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.