Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was fine but it still relied too much on narratives to do the storytelling imo.

I would say Robert and Josef Kou had a somewhat unique relationship given the timie they've been together including this episode. The show as a whole is difficult to recommend to everyone with its style. To me, it was so-so.
Sep 22, 2017 6:02 PM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed the show not really the best mystery anime out there but certainly isn't as bad as the score says. Although I think mysteries shouldn't be limited to murders imo :p 7/10 because I hell of enjoyed watching this and had something to look forward to every friday
Sep 22, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2015
The episode is nowhere to be found? What happened? I've been searching around all day. o_o
Sep 23, 2017 2:06 AM

Sep 2013
Solid ending for a solid anime,i'm not the religious type but seeing how people can interpret things that happen around them,are they miracle or not?

I loved the very down to earth base all along the anime,with scientific and realistic explanations (even if it became wtf at some moments),pretty surprising for an anime about religion where you will accept everything that God will give you without really questionning it normally.

Anyway overall a pleasant anime that i would gladly like a sequel.

Solid 7/10
ropielSep 23, 2017 2:09 AM
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 23, 2017 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
This begs a second season because nothing regarding the main intrigue with Julia, his motives and the organization he's part of has been resolved. But I doubt there will be another season, these types of anime never sell much.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 23, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2017
This episode didn't feel like a finale at all. Overall the anime was good though.
Sep 23, 2017 3:41 AM

Apr 2012
I really like mystery type of shows, plus this has a dash of religion too, so I enjoyed every ep as they unraveled what really happened.

This ep... well, damn, now I want to know what happens next. Was Julia treating the boy an act of kindness or an "you owe me now" kind of thing?"
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 23, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2015
They somehow nicely wrapped things up, but I'm still not satisfied. Why did Julia help him? Who/What is he? Still so many questions unanswered, enough for a second season.

Also, am I the only one who cried like a baby ?? It was so emotional en beautiful.

8/10 for this anime
Sep 23, 2017 4:19 AM

Jun 2014
The finale was all right I guess, with a happy ending as Ryota lived. Julia was the one to save him, and I think that just adds more mystery to him. It's like he's everywhere, but we still don't really know a lot about him. It was also kind of interesting to see Roberto's connection to that person Ryota was talking to throughout the episode.

Overall, wasn't really a fan of the show. Like I mentioned above, decent finale I suppose, but the show as a whole was lackluster. The cases at times felt convoluted, and it didn't help that they moved at lightning speed, sometimes making things difficult to process. The concept was intriguing but the execution could have been better. It was a good time-killer.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 23, 2017 5:27 AM

Dec 2013
Enjoyed the show overall, but this last episode left more questions than answers.
What was Ryota's relationship to the person who wrote that book? And what exactly was that person's relationship with Roberto? What was that mysterious presence that Ryota seems to see whenever he's near a person who is close to death, and just why did he not talk with his brother about it once he became a Vatican Miracle examiner? And what was with Julius waltzing into a Vatican owned hospital anyway? Wasn't he a wanted man?

So many things I don't get about this last episode.... We need some explanatory shorts, or maybe a new season.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 23, 2017 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
What a ride. Absolutely the spiritual successor to Samurai Flamenco, pun intended.

Really enjoyable??? I think??

Would have been a 7/10 had the art been a bit cleaner and more like the art in the manga.

From the looks of the official Twitter I doubt it's popular enough for a second season but I'll pray.
Sep 23, 2017 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
Bleh. This show tries to tell too many stuffs in just twelve episodes. It definitely needs another season. Even to the last episode, the pacing was bit too fast. I feel like I'm still on a rollercoaster ride.

Still, overall, I must confess that I did enjoy this show. I really liked the two MC priests, especially Hiraga. I wouldn't mind seeing more of their... "adventures."

L-Ryoshi said:
What was Ryota's relationship to the person who wrote that book? And what exactly was that person's relationship with Roberto?

I think that was Roberto's friend, who is also a ghost that showed up when Ryota opened that book with the golden bookmark. I see no other explanation since that friend is... supposedly dead by the time Ryota got hold of it? Hurr durr.

Kotori_Sonoda said:
Was Julia treating the boy an act of kindness or an "you owe me now" kind of thing?"

I wouldn't be surprised if it was latter, given how evil Julia really is. If this show was any longer, or got a second season, I bet Julia would definitely come to collect the debt at some point.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Sep 23, 2017 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So looks like Hiraga's beloved younger brother is in pretty dire straits then. The insight into how close Hiraga was with his brother was interesting though. Its sad that unlike Hiraga his brother was cursed with a frail body that stopped him from living a full life. It seems that as a result of his loneliness Ryouta began having visions then. Visions that also came to be become reality as well. I wonder who these figures in his visions are though. So in the end even Ryouta and Hiraga's mother died as per the vision then. Ryouta become the one that could predict death then since those three figures that only he can see heralded it. The bond between the brothers though as a result of these hard childhood is pretty strong as expected. Its interesting to see that both Ryouta and Roberto had a friend in common as well. To think that he managed to get Roberto out of the slump that he found himself in. Despite being a villain Julia really does the angelic appearance of someone connected to god though. Its nice that Ryouta managed to pull through thanks to the intervention of Julia though.

Its nice that Ryouta was able to not just pull through but also find his purpose as well. Roberto finding the bookmark that his friend left him was also nice. Given Julia was never caught i won't be surprised that there will be a sequel to this anime and you know i don't think i will mind at all. This episode while interesting in that it provided some good backstory for Roberto and Ryouta felt a bit weird and out of place. I thought it would have been better if it was placed in the beginning or mid part of the series instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 10:24 AM
May 2013
I loved this series and this is quite popular in Japan atm. I don't know if anyone check animate's twitter account but they're holding a sort of an exhibit for Vatikan Kiseki Chousakan right now, and animate only does that for popular franchises. I really hope this anime gets a second season! I need to know how in the world they'll deal with Julia and all that....
to me it was nearly a 10/10.
The characters were well conceived, we did get character development, there were quite the plot twists and the art was beautiful.
Now I'll patiently wait for a second season ^^
Sep 23, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
Probably wouldn't watch a second season if there was one but I really feel like Julia did 'something' to Ryouta. Other than 'healing' him. I feel like he injected him with something else.
Sep 23, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Julia went and saved Ryouta, though we don't know the reason why. This episode left us with many question which may need a second season.

Sep 23, 2017 12:14 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty solid ending. Wasn't as creepy as the other endings.

This show tried to do too much in too little time, the mysteries were often over done and that was a problem. It was so-so... 6/10
Sep 23, 2017 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
We need a second season.
I want to know who the hell is Julia and what does he really wants.

Last episode was hearthwarming. No nazis, zombies or clowns.
Sep 23, 2017 12:53 PM

Aug 2017
Still I don't understand why this show have a so low score overall in MAL. Even anime with more fanservice than plot have a score of 8 or a bit less -.- The episode is great and I think that is better to have a second season to deal with Julia and his organitation. In my opinion, after a lot of boring and cliché animes of this season, is one of the best animes of the 2017. Later I will give a full review!
NurguburuSep 23, 2017 1:02 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 23, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
The ending felt rushed (what's new?), but overall it was enjoyable. I'm really hoping for a second season to answer all of these questions that I have. Who is Julia, and what is his objective? Everything that he does just brings more questions!

As for this episode, did anyone else feel like Ryouta was unconsciously killing all of these people? I realize that they all had incurable diseases, but after he went and prayed for each of them, they all died. Almost like he was seeing something different from what he was doing... Eh, just a little theory of mine. But can you blame me with how people are dying left and right in this series?? xD
Sep 23, 2017 1:20 PM
Mar 2016
It maybe nice but it was still GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 23, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
"ROBERTO,YOU ARE MY FLOWER OF SACRAMENT!" ~ You just know during those scenes, there's a few people out there thinking "Just screw already!"

This show was pretty damn fun, from hitler's sperm, a society that remained hidden from the world for whole years mining gold & keeping people as underground slaves ~ it really didn';t hold back.

The fact all of the mysteries were resolved on the fly at the end of each arc after a slow building was an issue...or so I originally thought but then I'm like: "Wait,as balls deep crazy this show is, this might be the only way to actually explain things in order to capitalize on that shock factor as much as possible."

7/10
Sep 23, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
This was easily the gayest anime I've seen this year haha. I was positively surprised that the last episode was slower and took its time to explain Ryota and Roberto's past instead of rushing it like usual. I'm now more curious about Julia and his motives too.

Apparently an OVA is coming out next year, so I'll have something to look forward to. I'd prefer a full new season, but I'll take what I can get.
Sep 23, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
This finale was okay. An episode on Robert and Ryota's backstory. Julia saved Ryota for some odd reason. He's still a mystery and we will never know more about him. As for the show overall, it was decent at best. The mysteries were interesting, but it moved too fast. It could've been better.
Sep 23, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2016
yep, finally Ryotas context with the story was revealed. I think I have not understood everything, and there are still some important questions open (for example who or what is Julia exactly?), but overall I liked the anime.

I found the idea of the miracle investigator of the Vatican immediately interesting. Good mystery, but there were also some bad moments where too much "happened". With a slower or better explained story I would probably have found the series better.
7/10
Sep 23, 2017 7:03 PM

Jan 2014
THE DEVIL JULIA LIVES ON FOR ANOTHER DAY. am pissed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 23, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm... so who is julia.. good or evil...
Well glad that ryouta found his meaning in life.

7/10
Sep 24, 2017 12:44 AM

Jun 2016
It was an okay finale, not a finale episode I was expecting. It's nice seeing what on earth is happening to Ryota Hiraga. So, those three figures were good then? Haha. I'm lost.

Aaand the mystery behind Father Julia ain't solved yet and I wonder what he injected or what he did on Ryota for him to be okay. Jeez. It's a miracle? Investigate that! Hahaha.

So many questions.

So many gay moments. Huehuehuehue. :D

7/10 for this anime. It was good and not a single so-called miracle is a miracle, all are made-up bullshit by religious people.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 24, 2017 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
Finally a miracle for the two priests.

And thanks to Father Julia wtf. The bastard still lives.

Oh well, 8 out of 10
Sep 24, 2017 2:37 AM

Nov 2016
Decent watch overall.

I have a hard time rating this,while it had some interesting parts they weren' t strong enough to leave a significant impression.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
ueda said:
Probably wouldn't watch a second season if there was one but I really feel like Julia did 'something' to Ryouta. Other than 'healing' him. I feel like he injected him with something else.
Nah, unlikely. Julia doesn't really hate the two priests enough to exact revenge using his lil bro, you can even see Hiraga's sense of disbelief on the thought of someone who was responsible for crimes helped him, a priest involved in the incident. He said that they were drugs(medicine) that haven't been tested yet so there might be side effects but he lived so it's unlikely that the medicine he gave was 'bad'
Sep 24, 2017 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
This was a great, underrated anime. I think it's one of the best this season. However, the last episode should have had an explanation about Priest Julia, so maybe one more episode was needed. I'm not a big fan of flashbacks and background stories explained at the last minute. However, as always, it had a well executed plot.

Overall: 8/10
Sep 24, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2015
So... the best episode of the season is the last one? When something interesting happens it ends? wth... And it looks like they were begging for a second season with that ending. It won't happen thou.
Sep 24, 2017 10:47 AM
Oct 2014
This show was fascinating in every way I can conceive of. First 4 episodes were all memes, and then it got weird, and then it got really, really good. Super weird too. And it's been visually astounding the whole time, AND you're going to make me cry with the last episode?

what a RIDE 10/10.
Sep 24, 2017 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
That German village looked pretty well researched.
Nice finish for the show, but it leaves too many open ends.
Sep 24, 2017 3:00 PM

Dec 2008
I would love a second season of this show because the mysteries surrounding Father Julia are many.
Sep 24, 2017 7:09 PM

Mar 2009
Glad we learned about the brother and his powers that came out of nowhere...in the last fucking episode.

No idea why I watched this show. The OP was cool.

For as long as I live, I will never forget the episode about preserving Hitler's sperm.
Sep 24, 2017 7:09 PM
Oct 2009
Best bad anime. 11/10
Most of the episode was the flashback of an hallucination in a flashback by the main character's younger brother who had only shown up in a hallucination for 5 seconds previously. Wow.
Sep 24, 2017 8:22 PM
Mar 2017
8/10 ... I want second season!

So Ryota has the power to talk to the dead, or something like that.

So those 3 are not so bad after all, since they can see who will die soon, and ... who knows, maybe do something like a next season of ryota saving lives (?
FireCrauterSep 24, 2017 8:29 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 25, 2017 12:57 AM

Nov 2015
If Ryota was overshadowed whole season for this to happen, i think this finale would be great. It felt quite separate to less of story imo, expect using few facts. Personally really enjoyed it, just if it felt more whole.
May the blessing of God be upon you.
Sep 25, 2017 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
So the true villain is the one who saved Ryouta? Blasphemy!!!
so that's it?
3/5.
6/10.

Sep 25, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2013
This episode looks more like an OVA and not a definitive end to the story ... Still, it was very interesting.
Some things I noticed about this episode:
- Joseph, Robert's late friend, was a past life of Ryouta, Kou's brother (explicit when he introduces himself as "I am another you" to Ryouta in the library); both made sense to the lives of Roberto and Kou, symbolized by the crucifixes that each received.
- The flower of the sacrament, the glory of God hidden, would be the sensation of having his full mission of life, reaching fullness (when Joseph helps Roberto to overcome, in part, his trauma on his parents).
"Ryouta's mission would be to help other children find their sacrament flowers, I believe.
- Father Julia's appearance at the end made it clear how much he wants to become God, saving Ryouta from death, trying to make him believe that he himself is a miracle, while in fact the true miracle was the set of events that made Ryouta discover his mission.
- In the end, Roberto and Kou discover their Flowers of the sacrament; the book with the golden markers for Robert and the life of Ryouta for Kou.
----------------------
Sorry if this sounds forced, used translator.
Sep 25, 2017 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
This one really needs second season...so many answers still unanswered. And I am really fond of the characters now so I want to watch them more.
The only problem I had with this anime was too fast pacing but it was very entertaining show and definitely deserves more than score just a bit above 6.......

I think I will read the novels too...
Black_windSep 26, 2017 2:47 PM
Sep 26, 2017 1:53 AM

Oct 2011
Season 2 Please 😭 I will pray to God everyday for another season 👼
Sep 26, 2017 8:06 AM
Jul 2011
Well I guess Julia bribed someone from hospital to poison Ryouta with some rare hard to detect poison, the boy gets worst, Julia comes with the antidote/cure and becomes his savior.
Sep 26, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
@megaload Did Julia do this to get the sympathy of Kou and Roberto to join him? Maybe.
Sep 26, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2015
Julia popped outta no where doe. I really don't know what goes through that guy's head.
the world is a small place, apparently Roberto knew one of the patient and was what got him so in to books. Very cool.
The ending was very touching, I got really teary from that. The sacrament, really nice touch.
As for the miracle not begin examined, I understanding it and I think it was a nice thing they did it this way.
We know Julia saved Ryouta and he mentioned it previous episode. But it was referred to it as a miracle nonetheless. And also Roberto sacrament.
Miracles are seen as the impossible happening but sometimes it is the little things that one should be thankful for.
To a non-believer it doesn't prove the existence of God but people that do sees it as a miracle nonetheless and rather understandably.
I won't disclose my own belief but I think it is a very nice touch indeed. great series, one of the best this season.
Sep 26, 2017 10:53 PM
Jul 2011
@monad04
to get the sympathy of Kou and Roberto

I am only guessing here but this and if it didn't work at least is a way of exercising pressure on them.

We know for sure that there are miracles in the world of Vatican Kiseki Chousakan, like Ryouta's visions but this is "father Julia" we speaking here and his "miracles".
Also the timing of Ryouta's worsening was very suspicious.
Sep 27, 2017 12:00 AM
Mar 2012
Tumorboy: books r friends. Roberto befriends him & loves books now. Nice backstory along with Ryota's vision. Cool how most mysteries get explained by reality tho at times very random, and leaving the last miracles open for interpretation. Eh aside from various rush pacing & ridiculous parts, it's a rather sincere take on a religion, which doesn't happen often.
The two mcs and mysterious Julia are kinda likeable & wouldn't mind a sequel.
Sep 27, 2017 4:21 AM

Dec 2015
I don't get it why this anime got below 7 here. I meant it was good and excellent. Since there has been a lot kinda harem, or fan service anime lately,this kinda gore, blood and skeleton and torture and everything else related to this genre anime really made me watch all episode in one sit. I hope for season 2, it has much potential since there are many mysteries are not been solved yet.

8/10, -> in my opinion
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel - for those who want to follow the story

Willowspell - Sep 26, 2017

10 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

23 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

33 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.