Forum Settings
Forums

False rape accusers are finally facing punishment... and feminists don't like it.

New
Do you think false rape accusers should face harsher punishment!
Yes! They deserve to serve the same time as the ones they accuse
70.6%
No! They are just innocent victims and need to be constantly protected by the law even though they are abusing it
1.8%
Happy Birthday OP! ^^
22.0%
Yes they should be punished, but they should receive light punishments, because wasting tax payer dollars; police, court and prison resources, committing perjury and ruining the lives, reputation and falsely imprisoning innocent people isn't a big deal
5.5%
109 votes
Aug 28, 2017 11:10 PM

Aug 2009
So this is mostly in regards to this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/25/jemma-beale-lied-rape-sentenced-flawed-system-allegations-sentenced

I'm kinda assuming shes a feminist, but the title is supposed to be kinda clickbaity anyway so w.e Anyway the main story is around this fake rape accuser Jemma Beale who went out of her way to accuse 15... yes 15 fucking men of rape, none of which were guilty and if you take a look at her picture it won't take a genius to figure out why. Not only that but one of these men served 7 years in prison... and probly got raped himself. Apparently these men were not even people she knew, but completely strangers... just think about that for a moment, she ruined the lives and possibly imprisoned 15 strangers for a crime they didn't commit... why? Based on what evidence? Simply just her word and nothing else.

The reason I'm making this thread though is the article above where this writer goes out of her way... to defend this piece of crap false of accuser, because she think her sentence is too harsh? She isn't even serving a year per person she falsely accused. She goes on and on trying to tell us how these cases are "rare" and shouldn't be considered. She also talks about how this women is ambassador for all women? According to who? To this dumbass writer probly. I sure as fuck don't think women just go around accusing strangers of rape. At least a lot less would if the courts would work as they should and not wait until she fucked over 15 guys before they realize shes been playing the system and needs to be punished. Shes wasted thousands of tax payer dollars and police and court hours and resources on fucking BS. What if a real rape happened and the police couldn't respond, because they were too busy dealing with these false accusations?

Anyway as you guys could probably tell this article has me a bit incensed. I'm curious what are your guys thoughts? Do you think false rape accusers should receive harsher or lighter punishment? What are your thoughts about the rape shield laws that protect false accusers identity as well as protecting them from being cross examined and their history being using against them? Do you believe that the false rape statistics are as low as the media would have you believe despite the multiple high profile cases of false rapes that keep appearing? Other questions that would be topical, but I'm too frustrated to think of right now... that reminds me I need to make a poll... Discuss!
LoneWolfAug 30, 2017 7:49 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 28, 2017 11:52 PM

Aug 2017
I can't comprehend her motive behind accusing random people of rape, if it was literally just for a bit of fame and public sympathy then Jesus.
I think rape is absolutely disgusting and the rape cases should be taken very seriously, false accusations are taking away from that, now we actually have to consider the possibility to a false accusation because of people like this instead of focusing 100% on finding the rapist or whatever. I don't think her sentence should be reduced.
Aug 28, 2017 11:55 PM

Apr 2017
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear OP
Happy Birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
From old friends and new,
May good luck go with you,
And happiness too.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 29, 2017 12:26 AM

Feb 2010
i mean eh? why not just ignore them if proven false?

are we going to start punishing people for calling people names as well?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 29, 2017 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Xenovan said:
I can't comprehend her motive behind accusing random people of rape, if it was literally just for a bit of fame and public sympathy then Jesus.
I think rape is absolutely disgusting and the rape cases should be taken very seriously, false accusations are taking away from that, now we actually have to consider the possibility to a false accusation because of people like this instead of focusing 100% on finding the rapist or whatever. I don't think her sentence should be reduced.

In the case of false rape accusations, it gives a woman the ability to "ruin" a man's life if she wants to, since the court is in favor of women for rape cases and is much more unlikely not to believe them, as that'd reflect poorly upon the court. For some conniving women it's a form of "vengeance" against a former lover, marriage or boyfriend, whether it be for power, recognition, money, or otherwise. It's fuckin' horrible, but it's true.

I knew someone (my ex) who'd used the girl he'd almost dated before almost dating me, they had a consensual relationship, but he decided that he was leading her on and could not commit to the relationship, effectively dumping her. Later he did similar to me, though we hadn't gone as far yet. She accused him of rape to try and bury his reputation, it was eventually found out that she was lying. Case never reached the cops, her motive was purely vitriolic. Considering he later betrayed me in almost the same manner by leading me on, I very well could've been a conniving woman and done the same atrocious thing, but I think that defacing someone's life in order to find peace with oneself is nothing helpful, if anything it's a further form of self injury to one's psyche. I would've never done it, I can't believe she did. I did love him and felt that by dumping me he had stabbed me in the back, however, applying the concept of "an eye for an eye" solves nothing here.
Aug 29, 2017 12:33 AM

Aug 2017
hazerddex said:

Did you read what OP had wrote? One of the victims of her accusations got 7 years in prison, to quote more:

"Shes wasted thousands of tax payer dollars and police and court hours and resources on fucking BS. What if a real rape happened and the police couldn't respond, because they were too busy dealing with these false accusations? "

Falsely accusing rape is more similar to making hoax phone calls to the police and fire departments than it is to "calling people names".
Aug 29, 2017 12:37 AM

Aug 2017
spuukiebuugi said:
Xenovan said:

In the case of false rape accusations, it gives a woman the ability to "ruin" a man's life if she wants to, since the court is in favor of women for rape cases and is much more unlikely not to believe them, as that'd reflect poorly upon the court. For some conniving women it's a form of "vengeance" against a former lover, marriage or boyfriend, whether it be for power, recognition, money, or otherwise. It's fuckin' horrible, but it's true.

I knew someone (my ex) who'd used the girl he'd almost dated before almost dating me, they had a consensual relationship, but he decided that he was leading her on and could not commit to the relationship, effectively dumping her. Later he did similar to me, though we hadn't gone as far yet. She accused him of rape to try and bury his reputation, it was eventually found out that she was lying. Case never reached the cops, her motive was purely vitriolic. Considering he later betrayed me in almost the same manner by leading me on, I very well could've been a conniving woman and done the same atrocious thing, but I think that defacing someone's life in order to find peace with oneself is nothing helpful, if anything it's a further form of self injury to one's psyche. I would've never done it, I can't believe she did. I did love him and felt that by dumping me he had stabbed me in the back, however, applying the concept of "an eye for an eye" solves nothing here.

It's kinda crazy that a plea for help could become a weapon in a woman's (or man's) arsenal.
I think why I was even more confused with this woman is because OP mentioned that most, if not all those people accused seemed to be random people who she didn't know, so I don't think it was a vendetta.
Aug 29, 2017 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Xenovan said:
spuukiebuugi said:

It's kinda crazy that a plea for help could become a weapon in a woman's (or man's) arsenal.
I think why I was even more confused with this woman is because OP mentioned that most, if not all those people accused seemed to be random people who she didn't know, so I don't think it was a vendetta.

In the case of OP it might just be that she was mentally ill or off her rocker, assuming she didn't know any of them. Most cases it's either drunken sex ("equal partner drunken sex", not where one is drunk and one sober, they're both under the influence) or revenge (i.e. vendetta) driven, though.

If two people (let's just say a male and female) are drunk and have intercourse, according to consent laws (as I know them), they raped one another, since consent cannot technically, according to law be given when intoxicated.
Aug 29, 2017 12:48 AM

Aug 2017
spuukiebuugi said:

In the case of OP it might just be that she was mentally ill or off her rocker, assuming she didn't know any of them. Most cases it's either drunken sex ("equal partner drunken sex", not where one is drunk and one sober, they're both under the influence) or revenge (i.e. vendetta) driven, though.

If two people (let's just say a male and female) are drunk and have intercourse, according to consent laws (as I know them), they raped one another, since consent cannot technically, according to law be given when intoxicated.

That could be the case or she could just be after attention, whatever the reason do you think her sentence is fair?
And what do you think rape is in your opinion?
Aug 29, 2017 1:29 AM

Sep 2014
Oh it's this land whale. She should just get the death sentence, it would be too expensive feeding that woolly mammoth in prison.
Aug 29, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2012
Umm where's the option that should be punished, but in no way should they have the same time as actual rapists, that's just fucking ridiculous.
Also what a waste of prison space, just give them community service or something.
Aug 29, 2017 4:10 AM

May 2013
She deserves to be the in prison for the rest of her life. Just accusing someone of rape can ruin their life, let alone 7 years in prison. She's a disgusting human and whatever justice she gets will be too good.
Aug 29, 2017 4:59 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
-Swish said:
She deserves to be the in prison for the rest of her life. Just accusing someone of rape can ruin their life, let alone 7 years in prison. She's a disgusting human and whatever justice she gets will be too good.

Ouch! I cut my finger on the mouse wheel the moment I saw your comment. Coincidence? I don't think so.
149597871Aug 29, 2017 7:54 AM
Aug 29, 2017 4:59 AM

Dec 2007
ElPysCongroo said:
Umm where's the option that should be punished, but in no way should they have the same time as actual rapists, that's just fucking ridiculous.
Also what a waste of prison space, just give them community service or something.
She didn't get the same or greater punishment. She was convicted on four counts, with 2 crimes per count. And the crime was a serious one (perjury), which has to have a harsh punishment in order to protect the system. She went into trials and gave false testimony to convict and imprison innocent people. That's far beyond a community service level offense - that's often greater than robbery or kidnapping in the damage it inflicts. If it were simply a false police report, sure a fine and some service might do it. But this went way beyond that to an actual conviction. Only the most ignorant prejudiced would suggest such a light punishment. As for how it compares: the article itself says 2 years is not uncommon, and 10 years at 4 counts is only 2.5 per count. Her most harmed victim was sentenced to 7 years on just a single count, so he got almost 3 times the sentence. It's neither his nor the system's fault she's a serial offender.

And that's also what the article's author forgets and conveniently ignores. Most of its criticism of the sentence hinges on ignoring that critical fact. On the other hand, OP read way too much into it, attacking several things that weren't actually in the article - it never defended or extolled the perpetrator in any way, only questioned the policy.
ErwinJAAug 29, 2017 5:09 AM
Aug 29, 2017 5:09 AM

May 2013
kawaii96desu said:
-Swish said:

Ouch! I cut my finger on the mouse wheel the moment the saw your comment. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Haha, the truth hurts I guess..
Aug 29, 2017 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
I read through the article and all it says is they shouldn't give an exemplary sentencing. It doesn't say not to punish her it just said they think it should be less. It's an opinion piece. Picking time for crimes is difficult and peoples opinions can be distorted by what they are used to. Places like the US and some third world countries have very unfair punishments and even if someone disagrees with a time they likely have their perceptions twisted to think it should be higher than is actually fair. There really is no objective way to measure the severity of a crime and even harder to figure out an incarceration time for any crime. I really can't say if it should be more or less. It also said how bad it is for someone to lie but you overlooked that. The fault of an innocent convicted guilty does not rest solely on a false accuser but also the judge and jury. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for innocent to be found guilty and guilty to be found innocent.

Stop playing the victim card and crying for more Draconian policies in the legal system. You're no different than the feminists you complain about. Instead of only focusing on women getting less time than men and saying they should have more you should be saying men and women should have a fair an equal sentencing but in many cases in places like the US that would often be simply less for males and occasionally less for females rather than adding more time for females. The whole concept of just throwing people in jail for a crime and expecting it to solve anything other than keeping them away from the public for a while is absurd. It should have more focus on rehabilitation and restorative justice not this system based on Catholic penance that doesn't work. Yes, penance! It's called a penitentiary facility for a reason.
Aug 29, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
ElPysCongroo said:
just give them community service or something.

she ruined the life of 15 innocent person. even if the allegation turned out to be false, the men will still have a much harder time getting their life back together. some of them even served lenghty jail sentences over something they didn't commit. a community service would be a joke sentence. a sentence of 10 years, on the other hand, gives a much stronger message - false accusations that ruins the lives of innocent peoples will not be tolerated.

in regards to the punishment for actual rapists - she's way off the mark. by a lot, but this is not too surprising - she's probably a feminist defending a fellow comrade. the law about punishing statutory

rape varies by state. depending on the state, you can get 10, 20, 40, 50 or even life in prison.

UK also have a maximum life sentence for convicted rapists.
yes, that means she could have potentially made innocent people spend their rest of lifes in prison over a crime they didn't commit.

http://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex#rape

fixed. sorry about mixing US and UK before. they still have max life in prison though, so effectively nothing changes in my post.
DreamingBeatsAug 29, 2017 8:28 AM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 29, 2017 8:06 AM

May 2012
One false rape accuser is finally facing punishment...and one feminist doesn't like it.
Aug 29, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2007
DreamingBeats said:
ElPysCongroo said:
just give them community service or something.

she ruined the life of 15 innocent person. even if the allegation turned out to be false, the men will still have a much harder time getting their life back together. some of them even served lenghty jail sentences over something they didn't commit. a community service would be a joke sentence. a sentence of 10 years, on the other hand, gives a much stronger message - false accusations that ruins the lives of innocent peoples will not be tolerated.

in regards to the punishment for actual rapists - she's way off the mark. by a lot, but this is not too surprising - she's probably a feminist defending a fellow comrade. the law about punishing statutory rape varies by state. depending on the state, you can get 10, 20, 40, 50 or even life in prison.
yes, that means she could have potentially made innocent people spend their rest of lifes in prison over a crime they didn't commit.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm
This was in the UK, where there appear to be essentially no minimum or maximum sentences for rape (basically anything to life), only loose guidelines. The average, however, is just over 8 years. Of course, prison isn't even the half of it - there are the investigation, public trial, potential airing of dirty laundry during the trial, and vast numbers of people, including pundits and reporters, who will consider an accused rapist guilty even after being proven innocent - leading to perpetual harassment.
Aug 29, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
ErwinJA said:
DreamingBeats said:

in regards to the punishment for actual rapists - she's way off the mark. by a lot, but this is not too surprising - she's probably a feminist defending a fellow comrade. the law about punishing statutory rape varies by state. depending on the state, you can get 10, 20, 40, 50 or even life in prison.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm
This was in the UK, where there appear to be essentially no minimum or maximum sentences for rape (basically anything to life), only loose guidelines. The average, however, is just over 8 years. Of course, prison isn't even the half of it - there are the investigation, public trial, potential airing of dirty laundry during the trial, and vast numbers of people, including pundits and reporters, who will consider an accused rapist guilty even after being proven innocent - leading to perpetual harassment.

i was wrong in including info from US - guess i was in a rush to post it.
UK does provide a maximum life sentence, however, so that bit is no different.

England and Wales
There is a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for rape
Northern Ireland
There is a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for rape

http://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex#rape
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Aug 29, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2009
I can't help but wonder about what would happen if the accuser was actually attractive. I would say this is a win, but I fear that double standards between attractive and ugly women might be a thing. So, I'll wait and see what happens when it's not a whale crying wolf.

Aug 29, 2017 8:37 AM

Mar 2012

I was actually talking about the poll options, not this case itself. I wouldn't put false accusations on the same level as actual rape. Definitely deserves to punished, but putting it on the same level as rape is just really callous.
Aug 29, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
@traed
Apparently you read the article, but you didn't read my response. I never said the writer didn't want punishment, but rather she thought the punishment was too harsh. You're complaining about the justice system being so harsh, but why did it take 15 men getting falsely accused before they decided to act? It's these shitty rape shield laws that don't allow the system or the accused to look at the history of the victim. It's so focused on protecting the "victim" that they ignore the due process rights of the accused.

How am I playing the victim card? I just want justice to be blind to things like race, gender, religion etc. like it should. If you haven't noticed there is a massive gender sentencing gap in every single country and while it is a fact that men do commit more crimes, it does not take away from the fact that women often do far less time for the same crimes as men. As far as restorative justice and rehabilitation programs. Yes I agree there should be more, but the ones that are around are again... often targeted at women. While keeping people in prison in expensive, these programs are often more so. It would be nice if the prison system could be re hauled to actually address the root cause of the problem instead of just trying to punish people; but also if you feel like its ok to falsely accuse 15 people of the worst crime imaginable other than murder, I don't really think a rehabilitation program is going to help.

@ElPysCongroo
I added an option for you.
LoneWolfAug 29, 2017 10:25 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 29, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2012
LoneWolf said:

@ElPysCongroo
I added an option for you.

Sadly I have already voted, Happy Birthday btw
Aug 29, 2017 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
All feminists are with this though? it a False Rape Accusation is made and its proven false then the one who made it up should be behind bars whether its a girl or a boy.

yeehaw
Aug 29, 2017 11:41 AM

Apr 2017
PO1SON said:
All feminists are with this though?

This doesn't have anything do to with feminists. Just OP being stupid as usual.
Aug 29, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
zodd0 said:
PO1SON said:

I just enjoy triggering people like you, so I put it in the title. I'm fairly certain the writer is a feminist though, at the very least she has feminist beliefs. Honestly attaching yourself to labels is kind of pointless They're useful for finding like-minded people, but often times people just use labels to virtue signal without believing in the real cause or they get too invested in the identity and can't bring themselves to disagree with other people that use the same label as them.

@ElPysCongroo Thx man, didn't mean to be a jerk. Sorry for overreeacting.
LoneWolfAug 29, 2017 12:43 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 29, 2017 4:07 PM

Jun 2008
hazerddex said:

Are you for fucking real? They destroy the lives of the people they accuse, your life ain't destroyed if i call you names.

ElPysCongroo said:

ElPysCongroo said:

I was actually talking about the poll options, not this case itself. I wouldn't put false accusations on the same level as actual rape. Definitely deserves to punished, but putting it on the same level as rape is just really callous.

Why the fuck is it ridiculous or callus? She ruining the lives of many people and you think is a small thing and not something huge?
A rape accusation can ruin your life even more than actually being raped so i see nothing ridiculous about it. Not to mention they also waste everyone money and services.
MonadAug 29, 2017 4:20 PM
Aug 29, 2017 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
zodd0 said:
PO1SON said:

That is a big joke. Feminist organizations were the big pushers in forcing courts to take women just on their word and never assume they can be lying etc and create a guilty until proven innocent mentality when it comes to rape. They also insist that men can't be rape victims and yes they always defend false accusers.
MonadAug 29, 2017 4:57 PM
Aug 29, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2017
People who think they should get light sentences just don't understand the implications of a false rape conviction. Rapists serve years in prison and are put on the sex offenders list. The sex offenders list is especially brutal: in some states they stay on this database for the rest of their lives, and those on it cannot visit schools, parks, malls, and have increased difficulty finding housing, work, and even new friends and romantic partners.

I'm not going to bother writing an essay about it on MAL forums, but I think false rape allegations should get worse punishments than rapists depending on the circumstances, as this is literally a life destroying crime.
Aug 29, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
zodd0 said:
LoneWolf said:

I just enjoy triggering people like you, so I put it in the title.

Unfortunately your stupidity fails to trigger anyone.

Dude you are like impossible to talk to... what about feminism and women's rights is so important to you that you need to get triggered over every thread that shows it in a negative light?

Monad is right, is it because of feminists in the institution; judges, lawyers, lobbyists, politicians, etc. that these laws and practices that unfairly target innocent men are being put into practice. They always want more power and protection for women and that comes at the expense of men's freedom, rights and due process in court.

I have told you before, but it is what people do and not what people say that shows their true colors. Even if these people in the institution do not identify as feminist, they are definitely following the feminist doctrine by allowing these practices to continue. This woman should have been stopped after the first false accusation, but they let her accuse 14 more men, before they finally took action and gave her IMO a light sentence considering the crime she committed.

Anyway it's my birthday today, so at least try to make some effort to not completely embarrass yourself by white knighting for feminism and throwing around personal attacks and insulting people's intelligence.
LoneWolfAug 29, 2017 4:55 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 29, 2017 4:53 PM

Feb 2015
15 men

and she get 10 years?

Ohhh I see now feminist... You certainly don't like it right? I mean because you know that she deserve to be in prison for longer than that right?

Aug 29, 2017 4:59 PM

Apr 2017
LoneWolf said:

Dude you are like impossible to talk to... what about feminism and women's rights is so important to you that you need to get triggered over every thread that shows it in a negative light?.

You are obviously the one who's triggered.

LoneWolf said:
I have told you before, but it is what people do and not what people say that shows their true colors.

Yeah, you are the only one on Planet Earth who believe Donald Trump is a feminist. There are more people who believe the Moon is made out of cheese.
Aug 29, 2017 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
zodd0 confirmed for fake rape accuser.

And yes, Trump is a feminist. That's why he's keeping Moslems out. Deal with him or deal with me.
Aug 29, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
in cases of rape, the victim is entitled to a certain compensation from the rapist.
the amount varies from a few thousand pounds to over a hundred thousand.
"minor Psychiatric Damage" is listed as £ 3000, and she accused 15 men of rape.
15x £ 3000 = £££££
https://www.legalexpert.co.uk/how-to-claim/how-much-compensation-for-rape-victim/

i'm not saying she did it for the easy money, but...

this probably explains part of her motivation for accusing innocent men of rape.
this probably also explains why she accused so many of rape. the more accusations, the more she would be entitled to receive as compensation. bonus points that it took 7 years for the law to actually find out the rape allegations were all fake. 7 years.
Xenovan said:
I can't comprehend her motive behind accusing random people of rape

thankfully the cases of false rape is supposedly rare. only the lowest of the low would do such thing.
she has no sympathy from me.
DreamingBeatsAug 29, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 29, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
DreamingBeats said:
in cases of rape, the victim is entitled to a certain compensation from the rapist.
the amount varies from a few thousand pounds to over a hundred thousand.
"minor Psychiatric Damage" is listed as £ 3000, and she accused 15 men of rape.
15x £ 3000 = £££££
https://www.legalexpert.co.uk/how-to-claim/how-much-compensation-for-rape-victim/

i'm not saying she did it for the easy money, but...

this probably explains part of the motivation of false rape accusations.
play the victim, extort a few thousand to several thousands from complete male strangers.
laugh as the law is too slow to catch you in the act. and when they do, just play the victim card again.
Xenovan said:
I can't comprehend her motive behind accusing random people of rape

Wow I didn't think anything could lower my opinion of false accusers or prove how the system is unfairly biased towards victims... but yeah that did it. I understand why it's there... but the fact that they didn't realize people would abuse it in this way is laughable.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 29, 2017 5:42 PM

Jun 2008
zodd0 said:
LoneWolf said:

I just enjoy triggering people like you, so I put it in the title.

Unfortunately your stupidity fails to trigger anyone. You make people slightly facepalm at best.

Monad said:

That is a big joke. Feminist organizations were the big pushers in forcing courts to take women just on their word and never assume they can be lying etc and create a guilty until proven innocent mentality when it comes to rape. They also insist that mean can't be rape victims and yes they always defend false accusers.

You're ironically the one who just posted a joke. Lots of ridicilous statements without sources as usual.
Even if feminists with these opinions exist they should not really be paid any attention...

Your attempts to defend feminism is pathetic. these aren't just some feminist with such opinion. They are THE feminist. The ones that lead organizations and report on feminist matters and feminist media etc unlike your typical person that thinks is a feminist while sitting at home because it never searched the issue and just think in "Well is about equality right? So sure i guess am feminist" type of terms. Which is nothing but a statement of ignorance and public media brainwashing.

Aug 29, 2017 6:25 PM

Aug 2017
I think that LoneWolf has misread the article.

The writer did not defend the actions of the false accuser, but they did try to bring more light in to complete the picture of what is happening. Sure, the author has a bias and it is showing. Even so, that does not give us ground to dismiss their points so long as they are valid and represent the truth.

Is false accusation a horrible thing? Certainly
Does the sentence fit the crime? That is difficult to judge
Does this woman's actions make it more difficult for other women to present actual rape cases? Perhaps!

It would be grand if we could objectively look at every case, but humans aren't like that. We tend to rely on the sum of our experiences to help us decide what is presently before us. As far as I've read things, that is what the author was trying to bring up: that cases like this strengthen an established bias.

If you're going to argue anything effectively, you have to concede when the other side has made a fair point. That is certainly a fair point. There is bias in the court system, no doubt. But where the author goes astray is the assertion that men are the norm and women are the deviants. I could argue the exact opposite.

The thing is that the bias goes both ways. Judges have an incredibly difficult job and they must remain skeptical of everything that comes in front of them. Of course this is not the case for all, but some can form a bias against both men and women.

A balanced view on this would be that judges should be more wary of their own bias. They are the ones with the power to decide what happens to people. It is horrible that a man spent 7 years in jail from being falsely accused. The woman who falsely accused him should face consequences for that. But, what of the judge? That's where the problem lies, isn't it? It was the system that allowed this to occur. Shouldn't something also happen to the judge who put away an innocent man?

I'm not saying the judge should go to jail himself, but I'm also not saying the judge shouldn't go to jail. Just that in this mess of justice, wouldn't it be better balanced if the one who had to make the decision was somehow accountable? Wouldn't that inspire a judge to be more careful with their bias, and then maybe not mistakenly put away innocent people?

I'm sure that would make other problems. Nothing is ever simple or easy. You couldn't ask a judge to judge themselves, nor would asking a judge to judge another judge be wise (they may have positive bias for each other).

Even so, with all the problems, does that seem like a step towards more fairness? I know for my job, if I screw up, I face consequences. Shouldn't it be the same for the legal system?

***Perhaps there is something already in place for this, but I have searched and not found evidence of such. If you know what happens to judges who mishandle justice, I'd like to be informed.
SamhainKnightAug 29, 2017 6:28 PM
Aug 29, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2008
LoneWolf said:
@traed
Apparently you read the article, but you didn't read my response. I never said the writer didn't want punishment, but rather she thought the punishment was too harsh. You're complaining about the justice system being so harsh, but why did it take 15 men getting falsely accused before they decided to act? It's these shitty rape shield laws that don't allow the system or the accused to look at the history of the victim. It's so focused on protecting the "victim" that they ignore the due process rights of the accused.

How am I playing the victim card? I just want justice to be blind to things like race, gender, religion etc. like it should. If you haven't noticed there is a massive gender sentencing gap in every single country and while it is a fact that men do commit more crimes, it does not take away from the fact that women often do far less time for the same crimes as men. As far as restorative justice and rehabilitation programs. Yes I agree there should be more, but the ones that are around are again... often targeted at women. While keeping people in prison in expensive, these programs are often more so. It would be nice if the prison system could be re hauled to actually address the root cause of the problem instead of just trying to punish people; but also if you feel like its ok to falsely accuse 15 people of the worst crime imaginable other than murder, I don't really think a rehabilitation program is going to help.

You gave that impression from how you worded it. I cant recall what it was that made me think that. A non-guilty conviction doesnt mean a person is lying it means there isn't enough evidence to prove a positive. For there to be a conviction of perjury they would have to have it proven in court it was a lie. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and sometimes rape victims misidentify people or it's a person that actually believes they were raped from a delusion so in those cases they aren't intentionally lying so it's nor perjury but it could be charged with defamation of character but that has to be brought forth by the victims of such circumstances.

I already outlined that. You spend too much time complaining about privilege instead of the bigger picture of what is wrong with the legal system in general that causes this and sometimes you just bring forward the notion of furthering punishment for women but that would change nothing for men. I understand it is sometimes used simply to point out things but with how you present things you leave the impression you legitimately want longer incarceration of women more than you want fairer incarceration time for men. Maybe you don't but you don't make it sound that way. It's more complicated than just male and female it also depends on how attractive they are and how they dressed when they appear in court and socioeconomic class influences appearance as well as what a person can afford for a lawyer. Courts at least try to make a jury roughly half male and half female at least though for rape and sexual assault cases so at least that seems fair. What are you basing rehabilitation and restorative justice being primarily focused on women? I'm not aware of such things. Well rehabilitation is not just a reintegration program but psychotherapy. A person would not so much likely continue if you solve the reason for their actions. Also feminism doesn't have much to do with sentencing times, that is more due to cultural conceptions and individual psychology.
traedAug 29, 2017 9:34 PM
Aug 30, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
People always faced punishment when they accused someone falsely of a crime. You are destroying someone's life with false accusations and putting them through social judgement and outlawing. 10 years are pretty harsh tho and I think it's also fair to doubt her sanity, which isn't an excuse, but the reason why such things maybe won't happen everyday.
Many victims are ashamed and don't want to put themselves in this situation and let everyone know. You have to let people you don't know like psychologists and the policer officers take a look in your soul and the your privacy.
I'm positive that there are not just a few cases of false accusations and these things happen, but I bet there aren't so many either. But okay, if nothing had happened tho, maybe it's easier to speak about uncomfortable questions about your private and sexual life with a police officer.
removed-userAug 30, 2017 6:59 AM
Aug 30, 2017 6:58 AM

Jun 2011
What is with that last option? They aren't violent criminals so they shouldn't get as much time. End of.It is already a misdemeanor or felony to lie to a police officer or lie under oath.
Energetic-NovaAug 30, 2017 7:08 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 30, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2011
Maneki-Mew said:
People always faced punishment when they accused someone of a crime he haven't commited. You are destroying someone's life with false accusations and putting them through social judgement and outlawing. 10 years are pretty harsh tho and I think it's also fair to doubt her sanity, which isn't an excuse, but the reason why such things maybe won't happen everyday.
Many victims are ashamed and don't want to put themselves in this situation and let everyone know. You have to let people you don't know like psychologists and the policer officers take a look in your soul and the your privacy.
I'm positive that there are not just a few cases of false accusations and these things happen, but I bet there aren't so many either. But okay, if nothing had happened tho, maybe it's easier to speak about uncomfortable questions about your private and sexual life with a police officer.

Trump became president despite being accused numerous times. I see no proof it really destroys lives just by accusation alone. There are several cases of people actually being charged with rape and going on to have very successful careers. I really don't see any proof it ruins anyone's lives unless they were falsely imprisoned. But seriously, accusing a guy of rape? Guess what happens in the real world? His friends believe him and not you. His family believes him and not you. Your friends are skeptical of you. That is how it is in the real world.

PS. even if they believe you, they downplay it as "not as bad" because this and this and this didn't happen to you that happen to other victims.

This is more showing a flaw with the court system in the UK honestly. In the USA, rapists get away all the time... in the UK, apparently they lock up innocent people which is also not OK.
Energetic-NovaAug 30, 2017 7:16 AM
Aug 30, 2017 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Rotton-Girl said:
Maneki-Mew said:
People always faced punishment when they accused someone of a crime he haven't commited. You are destroying someone's life with false accusations and putting them through social judgement and outlawing. 10 years are pretty harsh tho and I think it's also fair to doubt her sanity, which isn't an excuse, but the reason why such things maybe won't happen everyday.

Trump became president despite being accused numerous times. I see no proof it really destroys lives just by accusation alone. There are several cases of people actually being charged with rape and going on to have very successful careers. I really don't see any proof it ruins anyone's lives unless they were falsely imprisoned. But seriously, accusing a guy of rape? Guess what happens in the real world? His friends believe him and not you. His family believes him and not you. Your friends are skeptical of you. That is how it is in the real world. Sorry you live in a fantasy.

PS. even if they believe you, they downplay it as "not as bad" because this and this and this didn't happen to you that happen to other victims.

Maybe, if someone has influence and his own adviser tells him how to deal with that. I don't even know and heart many details of that.
Normal people could lose their job and maybe the trust of their friends and family. Even if people are offcially rehabilitated, there could always the unsureness of "is it true?" and people badmouthing them. And I said it could happen ... don't know why you feel the need to act lowkey aggressive towards me. XD Tell me about the real world, senpai x3 It depends on your personal enviroment and how the people around you react, for both sides.
10 years are pretty, pretty harsh, but I won't defend that behavior either by "ah, nobody got hurt". It's bad for the person, who is falsely accused of a crime and also disrespectful against rape victims.
Aug 30, 2017 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
sjw nonsense
she deserves exactly the same sentence the man she accused would have been given
Aug 30, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
-Swish said:

I don't know what you are talking about

Here are a list of very successful people who have been accused of rape:
Woody Alllan
Bill Cosby
Donald Trump
R.Kelly (straight up charged with a sex crime)
John Trovolta
CeeLo Green
Britney Spears
Kobe Bryant
Bryan Singer
Gary Glitter (actually went to jail because child molestation and porn eventually)- yet his sports anthem still plays.
Sean Penn (has been charged with domestic violence, is still famous)
Mike Tyson (actually did rape someone and was convicted!)
Tupak Sakur (convicted of Battery even though the other person said it was rape, they couldn't prove it)
Tucker Carlson was accused of rape was proven false. he still worked news just fine.
David Copperfield- accused of rape, they could not find evidence.
Jerry Lawler- WWE wrestler who was convicted of raping a 15 year old girl, girl later admitted to making up the story, guy still works and seems to be doing fine.
Donald Trump- Who is President and has been accused by lots of women. Including an exwife who had proof but it was at a time when raping your wife was not illegal.

Do I need to bring up Michael Jackson? Who after death is becoming less and less remembered for the wackier things and more remembered for just his music.

And there are some people who honestly deserve to be scrubbed off all our DVDs... like Scott Freeman who really did have child porn and I wish I never had to hear his stupid voice again.
Energetic-NovaAug 30, 2017 7:35 AM
Aug 30, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Insertanamehere said:
sjw nonsense
she deserves exactly the same sentence the man she accused would have been given

So in your mind a violent crime and a non violent crime are the same?
Aug 30, 2017 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Rotton-Girl said:
-Swish said:

"there are plenty of rapists or accused rapists that are successfull in life" argument makes as much sense as saying

"hey there's plenty of successfull people, even millionaire and billionaires who never went to college, so you can totally become one too without a degree!"

Aug 30, 2017 7:44 AM

Jun 2011
Maneki-Mew said:
Rotton-Girl said:

Trump became president despite being accused numerous times. I see no proof it really destroys lives just by accusation alone. There are several cases of people actually being charged with rape and going on to have very successful careers. I really don't see any proof it ruins anyone's lives unless they were falsely imprisoned. But seriously, accusing a guy of rape? Guess what happens in the real world? His friends believe him and not you. His family believes him and not you. Your friends are skeptical of you. That is how it is in the real world. Sorry you live in a fantasy.

Maybe, if someone has influence and his own adviser tells him how to deal with that. I don't even know and heart many details of that.
Normal people could lose their job and maybe the trust of their friends and family. Even if people are offcially rehabilitated, there could always the unsureness of "is it true?" and people badmouthing them. And I said it could happen ... don't know why you feel the need to act lowkey aggressive towards me. XD Tell me about the real world, senpai x3 It depends on your personal enviroment and how the people around you react, for both sides.
10 years are pretty, pretty harsh, but I won't defend that behavior either by "ah, nobody got hurt". It's bad for the person, who is falsely accused of a crime and also disrespectful against rape victims.

I feel bad too for the people falsely accused but why was she able to convict 15? At what point is the court at fault? I am not saying she isn't to blame but there is definitely a certain amount of blame to be placed squarely on the bade detective work in these cases. Something is not adding up to me. How is she able to put that many people behind bars falsely without the court being at fault?

**according to the article, only one person was convicted. They caught her. Pay out the money to the guy (which is standard in all court wrongdoings). They didn't even go to court with the other ones. The figured her out because she was being silly. anyway. whatever. Nobody believed me. People do not default believe you if you are a victim. It would be a dream if they did.

Filling out a false police report is a misdemenor or a felony here. I don't know what it is there. It is already a crime. I don't know why people are bitching.
Energetic-NovaAug 30, 2017 7:54 AM
Aug 30, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2011
DreamingBeats said:
Rotton-Girl said:

"there are plenty of rapists or accused rapists that are successfull in life" argument makes as much sense as saying

"hey there's plenty of successfull people, even millionaire and billionaires who never went to college, so you can totally become one too without a degree!"
My dad actually was very poor. When I was growing up, we lived in an apartment in the poorest part of town. He now lives in a half a million dollar home. And he doesn't have a degree. How did he do it? Knowing how to type 100 words per minute in the 90's. And my dad says, you can still earn $20 an hour if you could type at least 80 words.
Aug 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Rotton-Girl said:
DreamingBeats said:

My dad actually was very poor. When I was growing up, we lived in an apartment in the poorest part of town. He now lives in a half a million dollar home. And he doesn't have a degree. How did he do it? Knowing how to type 100 words per minute in the 90's. And my dad says, you can still earn $20 an hour if you could type at least 80 words.

in Cali, half a million is barely even enough to get a decent house. just saying...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.