Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think the Abyss really is a fascinating place. Even at dangerous layers, there are beautiful sights. Riko should be more careful though since she almost got caught into a trap again if it wasn't for Reg.

Interesting to see more of Ozen and Lyra's past.

Ozen is once again being helpful although I think she realizes the danger of what Reg and Riko will face. Not bad for a buildup episode. That ending gave me some feels especially with this series' amazing soundtrack.
Aug 25, 2017 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
I loathe to say this about a married man, but Torka is best girl.
Aug 25, 2017 7:34 AM

Jul 2016
Although there is no much action this episode, it comes up with a lot of decent worldbuilding including the introduction of the active White Whistle, with Bondrewd the Novel getting more highlight than the rest.

The past of Ozen and Lyza is kinda bittersweet. I laughed at Ozen hollow shocked face when Lyza introduced Torka to her, only to have her earlier reminiscence shows great rapport and chemistry between the two girls(?), sealing the Yuri route.

And Riko and Reg is ready to make their descent and says goodbye with Marulk. Given that the time flow inside the abyss differs by layer, this is most likely their last time seeing each other alive.

This episode cements the fact that Ozen is one well hidden TsundereXD

Aug 25, 2017 8:14 AM
Jun 2011
it was great episode build up episode. they showed the rest of the flashback as well as lyza face
Aug 25, 2017 9:43 AM

Feb 2016
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Aug 25, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2011
Can somone with acces to Hidive share the episode with subs?? it doesn't look like ti will be released anytime soon in amazon strike...
Aug 25, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
Another fantastic episode, I just feel that this anime keeps getting better after each episode, Ozen is so great, also more hype for Riko's mother.

Time to keep going down!
Aug 25, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
podetus said:
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it

That probably won't happen next episode. It will likely end with
PentobarbidollAug 25, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 25, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda surprised that the survival training didn't even last an episode, but welp.

Such a great episode again, all the foreshadowing for the other White Whistles makes me crazy,I want to see them now xD

And the part with Ozen and Lyza was also very nice and had a beautiful OST.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Yep, from the next episode, the Made in Abyss I fell in love with starts.

The feels ;-;

Pentobarbidoll said:
podetus said:
Good episode.

That probably won't happen next episode. It will likely end with

You might want to include the rest of your post in the spoiler tag as well
Aug 25, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
Looks like the pacing is back on track, the last few episodes being unnecessarily slow. Lyza and her husbands faces were finally shown, and also more of that fucked up cultural mindset when Lyza wants Riko to be proud of being a stillborn zombie who's obsessively drawn to the abyss. A little disappointed we didn't even get a glimpse of what the 3rd layer looks like, but that just builds anticipation for next week.
Aug 25, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
This was a super interesting episode, learning many great new things and just as I expected the training arc didn't last as long as some people thought it would, leaving time for worldbuilding and learning more about Ozen's and Lyza's past. Well if next episode is gonna be the deal breaker I'm pretty sure I'm gonna finish this series and start reading the manga once it ends.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Mar 2016
LYZA IS SO BEAUTIFUL
Aug 25, 2017 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
Reg and Riko did really well on their training. It was nice to see more of Ozen' s and Lyza's past. Got to know about the other White Whistles. Marulk's goodbye to Reg and Riko was sad. They might never see each other again. Now they're going to the Third Layer.
Aug 25, 2017 11:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The flashback scenes were fantastic with the OST and the animation/art. Lyza is beautiful.

So there are difference in terms of time flow in the various layers of the Abyss (i got spoiled about that), that is interesting. I wonder how much time exactly passed for the ones we'll met further down.

White whistles are being introduced by Ozen, Bondrewd looks dope.
Aug 25, 2017 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode and damn, isn't Lyza beautiful. About time we saw her face.

The flashback scenes was great and poor Lyza, she suffered a lot.

The other White Whistles are interesting. Can't wait to see them.

Aug 25, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
The dialogue and the moment i was waiting for. Lyza is like rain in desert in this anime/manga but she is still my favorite character from this series.

Aug 25, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2015
Swagernator said:

Unless the anime wants to end the 4th arc before the manga does, I can't see a second season happening any time soon + this anime is definitely not going to be very successful
Aug 25, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
This anime never fails to amaze me. When Ozen said "thats pretty creepy" to Rikos habit of crawling back to the abyss I was like - so even she finds things creepy? Then its probably really creepy.

The OST is just beautiful, this is why mangas just dont do it for me. But with how amazing the journey is I will probably pick this up (if we dont get a second season..)

And the bunny girl is still not here? It appears screen time alone does not make you a main character.

Learning about Ozens past with Lyza was nice, I really want to see more of Lyza now.

PS: Any estimates for sales yet? I dont want to believe all the over sexualized garbage is more sucessfull
Comander-07Aug 25, 2017 12:12 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 25, 2017 12:07 PM

Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:
this anime is definitely not going to be very successful

This, shame that nippon is wet only for imouto incest adaptations, and when FINALLY something new and fresh appear, nobody give a shit.
Aug 25, 2017 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
The story is still feeling fresh and original. Each weeks leaves you wanting more and the Abyss itself is fascinating. Allot of thought has clearly gone into the world setup.

Looking forward to seeing what the next layer will look like.nice to see Lyzas face finally.
Aug 25, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
Finally I get the flashback I wanted. They did a good job but I would like to see it fully animated. Oh well.

Really hyped for next 2 episode.

Jul 2016
The early part of this episode was really good. The kids are competent and as usual the wildlife is one of my favourite parts. Also, I like the little touch of Ozen's spine cracking when she stands up (I know her pain all to well). But the real beauty had to be that flashback. It was overwhelmingly beautiful, and got at least one tear out of me. I love it.

Jun 2016
i can't wait the next episode....

damn im glad i found this gem
Aug 25, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
And the bunny girl is still not here? It appears screen time alone does not make you a main character.

Based on the ED and where they are now, I think she's probably going to appear in the next few episodes. Maybe not the next one but very soon. I haven't read the manga so I don't know for sure.
Aug 25, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2014
TheGreatMizuti said:
Comander-07 said:

Based on the ED and where they are now, I think she's probably going to appear in the next few episodes. Maybe not the next one but very soon. I haven't read the manga so I don't know for sure.
yeah "next episode" is what I always read.. I doubt she will be introduced at the beginning so we have like 4 and a half episode of her. I just wonder how she is a main character.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 25, 2017 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
This show was out of my radar when the season began, but yesterday I decided to watch it and WOW I'm loving it, to the point I'm almost reading the manga. Too bad there'll only be 13 episodes.
Ozen surprised me a lot, I hope she'll appear again with her crew (I suppose not this season)
I wonder how they'll be at the new layer
Baby, daijobanai...
Aug 25, 2017 12:30 PM
May 2017
It was a great episode once again. I can't wait to see the other white whistle. The ost during the separation with Marulk and the flashback with Ozen and Lyza was great !

Lyza is so beautiful ! I can't wait to see the next episode and the third layer.

PS : Do someone knows what chapter of the manga the anime is at more or less?
Aug 25, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
KanashiiSekai said:

17th
Comander-07 said:
TheGreatMizuti said:

yeah "next episode" is what I always read.. I doubt she will be introduced at the beginning so we have like 4 and a half episode of her. I just wonder how she is a main character.

It's up to the writers. She's going to appear either at the end of the next episode (not likely) or in the 10th episode (very likely)
Aug 25, 2017 12:50 PM

May 2016
She's passive aggressive.
She's aggressive aggressive.
She's wise.
She's cynical.
She's a bro.

Auntie Ozen is best whistle.
Aug 25, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
I seriously can't wait for the soundtrack to be released, it's so good!
Aug 25, 2017 12:57 PM
Feb 2014
Normally I would like to watch something more action packed, for example that 10 days were skipped pretty fast, but this anime's atmosphere is so awesome I just love it. I'm waiting for fridays for Made in Abyss more than for the weekend now.

I'm a bit sad that we're leaving Ozen behind.
Aug 25, 2017 1:02 PM
May 2017
Xenocrisi said:
KanashiiSekai said:

17th

Oh, 17/42 chapters (I think), so I can go read the manga at the end of the anime ! Thank you
Aug 25, 2017 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
samssanity said:
I seriously can't wait for the soundtrack to be released, it's so good!

totally, gives me chills
Aug 25, 2017 1:43 PM
Oct 2015
Specimen021 said:
She's passive aggressive.
She's aggressive aggressive.
She's wise.
She's cynical.
She's a bro.

Auntie Ozen is best whistle.

Even tho Ozen is rough around the edges and doesn't have good social skills she is exactly what the kids needed. For sure they would never survive whats coming without Ozen and the 10 day survival training.

Also I have only been able to find up to chapter 42 subbed. Are there any more or is that all we have right now?
Aug 25, 2017 1:48 PM

Oct 2016
Ahh Ozen's just a big tsundere
"B-baka it's not that I like kids anyways"

Aug 25, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2016
4 episode left, still nothing happen
i can stand bad manga since i can skim through, but bad anime is just painful to watch

dropped 3/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 25, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2013
They complete the training due to teamwork and ozen has a lyza flashback.

Swagernator said:
Xenocrisi said:
this anime is definitely not going to be very successful

This, shame that nippon is wet only for imouto incest adaptations, and when FINALLY something new and fresh appear, nobody give a shit.

Or it's just overrated, this slow ass pacing isn't helping either.
Aug 25, 2017 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
The way Ozen introduced the rest of the White Whistles, it gives out the impression that she's quite "timid" compared to those three.
Aug 25, 2017 2:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show is miles better than anything this season. Such an immersive experience. Love it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 25, 2017 2:40 PM

Apr 2017
Ozen is such a fenomenal character. Love her. Hopefully we'll meet her someday again.
Aug 25, 2017 2:40 PM
Aug 2017
The insert song at sunrise.

Does anyone know the name of that? Thanks in advance ^^
Aug 25, 2017 3:01 PM
May 2017
the survival scene was great, with a little character presentation from one of the seeker camp members

the feels from leaving the camp, done really well and i actually felt my heart tear a little from it, pretty good tbh

ozen is actually pretty cool too

rest of the flashback was presented, and was probably done better here than the manga itself, which is VERY surprising, and was flawless in its presentation

I have to give props to whoever does the background music, just really great to enhance the emotion and depth to the show

i wish this anime was one of those 2 season shows, because it really needs more time to develop into one of those better stories that the manga had (excluding the weird fetishes in between)
Aug 25, 2017 3:45 PM

Feb 2016
The feels near the end during their farewell... And the BGM for this show is spectacular, especially the insert song at the end. Can't wait for the OST to release.

My opinion of Ozen has changed during the last few episodes because I did not like her that much at first, she seemed too slimy but she is actually pretty cool and very wise with her passive aggressiveness.
Aug 25, 2017 4:08 PM

May 2015
Episode couldn't get any better than this. Especially those flashbacks were fantastic.

Aug 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Riko and Reg successfully survived their training. :)

Ozen talking about the other white whistles and saying they aren't as kind as her made me laugh a bit. Wonder what kind of people these White Whistles truly are to the extent Ozen even calls one of em a full blown scoundrel.

Interesting bit about the time difference in the Abyss.

The farewell was pretty sad. :(

Ozen really grew on me over these past few episodes and it's really nice to see her care for Riko in her own way. The transitions from the present to the Ozen's past conversations with Lyza really brings that out, the flashbacks themselves were fantastic. While I'm super interested to see the continuation of the joirney iinto the abyss, I am gonna miss Ozen. I hope we see her again sometime.
Aug 25, 2017 4:54 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am glad. They adapted all the memories. So far the combination between art, music, and narrative of this anime is great. Next episode is going to be amazing.

Aug 25, 2017 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
podetus said:
Good episode.

Uh-oh, you have me curious already
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 25, 2017 5:27 PM

Dec 2015
It Was A Really Good Episode And im Glad Riko And Reg Survive The 10 Days Survival Training

Aug 25, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. It didn't really feel like they made THAT much progress with the training.

We finally get Lyza's face!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

768 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

234 by p1f1 »»
Apr 16, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.