Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was kinda fun. Glad to see the students back in school again.
Mineta's facial expressions were fucking priceless this episode.

We got more heart to heart talk between All Might and Deku. A society they live in can be so complicated. I think this episode foreshadows the dangers the heroes will likely face ahead of them.
Aug 19, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2012
Here it is at last! Arguably the single most important episode of the series so far. But first, some levity. Including a sweet little scene of Deku thanking/leaving Gran Torino, some pervy peeping attempts by Mineta, and a brief hero exercise. So close Young Izuku! And then, on to the main event! All Might finally reveals the secret origins of One For All to Deku. As well as the looming threat of its accidental creator, All For One. Incapacitated by All Might, he continues to operate from the shadows. Mentoring Shigaraki and his League of Villains. As something of a history enthusiast I can still remember how fascinated I was by this backstory reading it in the manga. Young Midoriya has certainly got his work cut out for him. But hey, he's still in school, and support from his friends and All Might will always be there...right? Well that threat's for the future anyway. Right now it's time for more lessons! With a promised forest trip looming on the horizon, what else might first be in store for Class 1-A?
animefan8800Aug 19, 2017 3:14 AM
Aug 19, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
The reactions to Bakugou's hair were priceless!

I'm so proud of how Midoriya has come. Although he still clearly needs more practice.

Cool to hear the tale of all for one and once for all. One for all looks terrifying!

This face is magnificent!
Aug 19, 2017 2:57 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Cool to see Deku use One for All 5% in that race.
LOL Mineta that Peeping Tom bastard.

Interesting information on the origin of One for All and All for One.

All for One is scary.

Final exams. Can't wait to see that.

Plus Ultra!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 19, 2017 3:25 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, One for All came from All for One.
Aug 19, 2017 3:37 AM

May 2012
Bam, there it is. Exciting episode with All For One and One For All's background.

This makes me excited for season 3(getting my hopes up here)

Aug 19, 2017 3:47 AM

Jan 2015
What the... "Yaoyoroppai"? Seriously, Mineta? NICE word. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 19, 2017 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
All For One is finally here and the history of One For All is finally revealed too, great episode

EDIT:

holy shit reddit have a theory about the doctor of All For One that was also the doctor of young Deku https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6uo79k/spoilers_boku_no_hero_academia_2nd_season_episode/dlu5gcj/

degAug 19, 2017 4:33 AM
Aug 19, 2017 4:37 AM

Sep 2016
I expected this but It's still kinda sad

Quote reminded me of shigatsu wa kimi no uso :(
Aug 19, 2017 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
Yo Mineta had me rolling in this episode. Thank god for his comic relief lol.

I did feel bad for Jirou that he didnt mention her, but I was done when he talked about Tooru's cloating Panties XD.

Damn really good episode though. All Might man T_T So good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 19, 2017 4:56 AM

Jan 2016
It''s easy to see The X-Men influence to this backstory, on how society used to treat people with Quirks and so on. In that case All for One was like Magneto! Cool I love it! (even though I've already read this before, I've never thought about it that way)

Great episode, Class got to see a glimpse of Deku controlling his ability. Mineta being his usual self, Poor ear phone jack ):

Heart to heart conversation between Deku and All might, which is always welcome as the world building is something that will only add to the experience
Aug 19, 2017 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
That was some real talk. All for One doesn't really seem too intimidating now that we've had a glimpse of him. I can't help but feel sad for All Might, i'm guessing he meant to mention the limit to the power or all for one? If so, Deku might not even reach his late 20's before he takes All Might's mantle.
~
Aug 19, 2017 5:04 AM
Jul 2014
j0x said:
All For One is finally here and the history of One For All is finally revealed too, great episode

EDIT:

holy shit reddit have a theory about the doctor of All For One that was also the doctor of young Deku https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6uo79k/spoilers_boku_no_hero_academia_2nd_season_episode/dlu5gcj/

And apparently they have the same voice actor, Inaba Minoru
Aug 19, 2017 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
So they went back to their school and Uraraka is on her fighting mode. At least we know Minata is still perverted. That "Shawshank" hole plan didn't success.

That was quite the revelation from All Might about the origin of One For All. Quite sad that he doesn't have that much time to live.

Aug 19, 2017 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
So we now know about the origins for All For One and One For All. I do admire Midoriya's determination to defeat the leader of the League of Villains, but the way he said it caused All Might to become speechless and unsure as to what to say next. Pretty worrying if you ask me. D=

Mineta is back to his best with his perverted plans of his, but he got put in his place for sure in the changing rooms. The little brat will never give up, will he? =D

The race did show just how much Midoriya has improved since season 1, but his small error did cost him victory though. Maybe next time. =)
Aug 19, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

The opening scene with Deku thanking Gran Torino and re-announcing his hero name was great. That soundtrack was so so good.

Bakugou being made fun of in class was gold. xD

I loved how Deku used his 5% full cowl during the race, too bad he slipped and fell.

Momo with her hair down is absolute win. <3
Don't worry Jirou! I'll always like you. XD

Mindoriya's imitation of All Might was priceless. XDD
We finally get the origin story of One for All and some exposition on All for One. Great stuff but when coupled with that OST it makes All Might's storytelling so epic. Sort of an ominous ending to the story with All Might not wanting to admonish Deku's determination.

That post credit scene was funny especially when Aizawa announced the Summer School Hell and the class reactions to that. XD
All for One is most certainly moving behind the scenes but first thing's first, good luck to our students at the final term exams.
Plus Ultra!
Aug 19, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
Excluding the Mineta scene (fuck that guy) the rest of the episode was fantastic. We got to learn so much about the past and we now know more about the lider of the villains, so he has been alive for a long time, wow.

Also All Might death flag q_q

I laughed so hard when Deku made All Might's face XDDD
Aug 19, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
great ep am glad that this season will at least make it to that part but there is so much more crazy shit to come making me already cant wait for season 3 and to see it all animated

but for now looking forward to whats coming up and seeing it animated gonna be awesome!

on another note ever since i started reading the manga and made it to this part and that doctor it was pretty crazy not to mention could be why deku was the way he was and explains alot of other things
DazeFireAug 19, 2017 6:44 AM
"one step at a time"
Aug 19, 2017 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
It was awesome to see how much Deku has improved during that race, sure he fucked up, but I liked the fact that he surprised all of his classmates and exceeded their expectations.

Finally Deku knows about the history of One For All, and the OST during that scene made it have a more epic impact. What All Might thought to himself after Deku left the room was sad, and I don't like what he was implying there.

Now it's time for summer school training, that should be fun to see. Looks like All for One is planning some shady shit at the moment.

Also, Mineta was fucking hilarious in this episode. He may not be very useful, but his comic relief is amazing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 19, 2017 7:05 AM

May 2014
The guys lookin' fine shirtless, especially my man Satou! Dat beef!
BNHA just has all the designs I want from my male characters xD from last week's sailors to this.

I agree with Mineta about Onsen stuff! But for different reasons :P
I can't wait until Mirio shows up

Aug 19, 2017 7:07 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode, i couldnt wait for the other guys to see his new one for all full cowling (Suck it Bakugou) its a shame he lost though but oh well it made sense he still has lot to learn.

Izuku's Allmight face.. my goood did that catch me by surprise.. im starting to think Izuku has a secret quirk which is making different facial expressions XD

the All for one story was captivating and we see the damage that allmight did to the all for one holder.. hearing all might say that he wont be by his side is really saddening.. ;_;

Edit: gotta love Mineta's comic relief, Lol at Jiro not being mentioned, Dont worry Jiro you are the second best girl with Ochako being first x3
DRIGAug 19, 2017 7:10 AM
Aug 19, 2017 7:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The reveal of One For All was perfect but All Might left out something that is also really important in regards to "Him not being there"

Still, I'm looking forward to the Students vs Teachers exam (Especially because this is where my OTP first starts to shine)
Aug 19, 2017 7:15 AM
Dec 2012
Another great episode as usual.
But next Saturday won't be the same for me :(

There's no episode next week, August 26 due to TV broadcast break.
Source
Aug 19, 2017 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
Finally, S2 has been pretty underwhelming but looks like we're getting a serious story and heading somewhere (not anytime soon tho). About time.
Aug 19, 2017 7:17 AM

Oct 2011
5 episodes left - I think the season will end with the instructor battles since the summer camp arc needs to be at least 3 episodes & it'll cause an open ending. At most they will include the "interview" with Midoriya as the final scene of the season

Aug 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Well, if All for One's Doctor was the one telling Deku he has no quirk, could he be lying? Telling him that so when his quirk get stolen nobody would notice?

Aug 19, 2017 7:19 AM

May 2015
Even though the episode was pretty much action-less, the atmosphere set around the story behind One For All was pretty damn intense nonetheless.

Aug 19, 2017 7:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
We get to know more about All for One in this episode and a tease from him too. That race was pretty cool. Too bad Midoriya wasn't paying attention to his landings since he was too focused on staying under 5%. Mineta using that "Shawshank" hole made me laugh my ass off. He's so dumb af, but entertaining too.

Next episode on September 2nd.

5/5
Aug 19, 2017 7:31 AM
Jul 2017
When Midorya made the AllMight face it reminded me of Ichya from Fairy Tail.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Aug 19, 2017 7:37 AM

Nov 2016
Animators are biased

Aug 19, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2017
The doctor probably did something to Deku and then trolled him hard by saying "just give up"

If Deku has Quirk, then he'd be OP AF enhancing his fire breath (father quirk) and Magnetic World (mother quirk) by using OFA at 100%

Uraraka has evil murderous Nen lol

Mineta not into tomboys huh, lost respect for Mineta, weak culture

I don't quite understand the explanation of the passing of OFA

So the big brother give the younger brother a quirk, and it's happened to be OFA? Is that right?

Aug 19, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
Glad to see everyone back in school again. The training session was fun to watch. Everyone has improved. It was great to see how much Deku improved during the race and even though he messed up, his classmates were surprised. He still has much to learn. Mineta's facial expressions was hilarious. All Might finally reveals the secret origins of One For All and All For One to Deku. It was very interesting. Deku making All Might's face was funny. Looking forward to see everyone do their final exams.
Aug 19, 2017 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
World_Creator said:
So the big brother give the younger brother a quirk, and it's happened to be OFA? Is that right?

All For One gave his brother a Quirk which could stockpile strength. However, unknown to both of them, his brother had a Quirk which would pass down Quirks. While this is a useless Quirk on it's own, when combined with the power to stockpile, it became One For All.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Aug 19, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2013
Another great episode

i hope we get another series
Aug 19, 2017 8:25 AM

May 2016
G_Spark233 said:
The reactions to Bakugou's hair were priceless!

I'm so proud of how Midoriya has come. Although he still clearly needs more practice.

Cool to hear the tale of all for one and once for all. One for all looks terrifying!

This face is magnificent!

I was so dead. I actually was laughing so hard, that is one of my favorite Deku's magnificent face I've never seen. xD
Aug 19, 2017 8:31 AM

May 2017
Nakurawari said:
World_Creator said:

All For One gave his brother a Quirk which could stockpile strength. However, unknown to both of them, his brother had a Quirk which would pass down Quirks. While this is a useless Quirk on it's own, when combined with the power to stockpile, it became One For All.

I see, thanks for the clarification

That pretty much implied that Deku has a quirk with that story and the doctor appearing. Deku is a late bloomer, I'm sure of it now

Mod edit: removed spam
BrandonAug 20, 2017 6:05 AM
Aug 19, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2017
We got some background of One for All and the opposed quirk All for One. It was kinda fun when All Might looked and pointed Bakugo while talking about reducing and taking care of building damage. Poor Mineta, you were so near, you almost got it lol.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Aug 19, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Very good episode again, simply epic.

Dekus progress as well as the revelation of One For Alls origin were done so well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2017 8:39 AM

Jan 2017
World_Creator said:
The doctor probably did something to Deku and then trolled him hard by saying "just give up"

If Deku has Quirk, then he'd be OP AF enhancing his fire breath (father quirk) and Magnetic World (mother quirk) by using OFA at 100%

Uraraka has evil murderous Nen lol

Mineta not into tomboys huh, lost respect for Mineta, weak culture

I don't quite understand the explanation of the passing of OFA

LOL You're right, Uraraka is evil she has some powerful murderous nen aura, but the green haired guy will soothe it
BrandonAug 20, 2017 6:04 AM
Karasuno Fight!!!
Aug 19, 2017 9:04 AM
Feb 2017
Oh god there was foreshadowing everywhere in Deku's talk with All Might, I really hope he doesn't die soon because that convo just stuck death flags all over him. Mineta was freaking hilarious in this episode especially at the end when they were talking about summer training camp and his interest was in peeping during baths. I loved how shocked everyone got when Deku was leaping through the training course at the beginning. Also is it just me or does All Might's voice sound kinda different?
Aug 19, 2017 9:06 AM

Jun 2016
whuu... the final boss is appear... and i think its so OP .... but why he can't heal himself !!

next is final exam which is fight !

i can't wait !
Aug 19, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
:) back to fun school training... I love watching it. I'd honestly just be fine with them training the entire show (but you know the villains and stuff make it x10 better :) )

All Might talks about One for All to Deku... creepy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 9:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ah shit, that death flag is pretty big. All Might gonna bite the dust, huh? D:

Mineta was hilarious as fuck in this one xD

The revelation was surely interesting and made good sense, too. Music was crazy this episode.
Aug 19, 2017 9:35 AM

Sep 2015
Imagine All for One Shigaraki VS 100% One for All Deku.

I wonder why All Might said he was going to die. Does he think the League of Villains is after him or is it because his deteriorating body is reaching its limit?
Aug 19, 2017 9:43 AM

Dec 2013
The appearance of the current Last Boss is here!

And oh YASSSS! I'd forgotten that we'd have to get the Final exams before the training camp.
This new exam format is gonna be EPIC!!!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 19, 2017 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
BlossomBurst said:
Imagine All for One Shigaraki VS 100% One for All Deku.

I wonder why All Might said he was going to die. Does he think the League of Villains is after him or is it because his deteriorating body is reaching its limit?

Yo, please, here, take a look :"SYMBOLISM 101 FOR DUMMIES"
He never said he would "bite the dust" as some other less enlightened viewers have commented. He said he would not be able to be by his side when the time comes. Which makes sense because his powers are slowly fading and he becomes less and less powerful as All Might. I believe he would go into retirement, willingly or not, unless there is some catch when the One for All user slowly withers after choosing a successor.
Re:formed
Aug 19, 2017 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
The peep-hole scene was hilarious.
Aug 19, 2017 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
ShimuraTenko said:
j0x said:

EDIT:

And apparently they have the same voice actor, Inaba Minoru

thanks that confirms it then wow, cannot wait for the connection reveal of this doctor to Deku and All For One
Aug 19, 2017 10:16 AM
Nov 2014
So, does the villain have One for All and All for One? Can someone answer me? If not, how can he pass quirks?
Aug 19, 2017 10:47 AM
Aug 2016
bailin10 said:
So, does the villain have One for All and All for One? Can someone answer me? If not, how can he pass quirks?

The villain only have All for One, and all the ones he stole.

All might also said during he speech that he can give some of his quirk to others, that is how he gave it to his small brother. But he don't have the exact One For All as All Might or Deku
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.