Forum Settings
Forums

Original Anime 'Vanishing Line' Announced for Fall 2017

New
Aug 13, 2017 9:50 PM

Nov 2007
Studio MAPPA has opened an official website and revealed that an original TV anime titled Vanishing Line will premiere in October 2017 via TV Tokyo and other stations. Main cast and staff members have been revealed as well.

Synopsis
In a prosperous city named Russell City, an omen that threatens to shake its world begins to move within it. A man named Sword is the first to hear the first stirrings of the plot, and throws himself into a shadow war in order to expose it. His only clue is the key word "El Dorado." He meets Sophie, a woman searching for her missing older brother who has only left her with the same words: "El Dorado." With Sword having also lost his younger sister in the past, both are drawn together by the words, and work together to find out its meaning. (Source: ANN, Edited)

Cast
Sword: Tomokazu Seki (Psycho Pass)
Sophie: Rie Kugimiya (Hidan no Aria)
Luke: Nobunaga Shimazaki (18if)
Gina: Ami Koshimizu (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal)

Staff
Director: Seong-Hu Park (Garo: Honoo no Kokuin episode director)
Series Composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura (Akuma no Riddle)
Original Character Design: Takashi Okazaki (Afro Samurai original creator)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Tomohiro Kishi (91 Days)
Music: MONACA (Wake Up, Girls!)

PV

Official site: http://vanishing-line.jp/

Source: animate Times

Vanishing Line on MAL
SnowSep 4, 2017 7:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2017 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
PV looks great. MAPPA is on fire this year. For some reason, I got Garo vibes from this (the art style at least).

Aug 13, 2017 9:54 PM

Aug 2016
Seems like I have something to look forward to this upcoming season. Looks like it has great potential. These visuals are just delicious.
Aug 13, 2017 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
No idea what it is about or what it is but the art and music looks good and sounds good.
Aug 13, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2009
looks cool and all adult characters it seems so no school settings lol
will watch for sure
Aug 13, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2009
Actully there is a staff in PV and they also outlined the story.
Aug 13, 2017 10:19 PM
Jan 2016
Nice, an original anime. I always appreciate non-adaptation anime. The PV does not show much of anything, but I notice they use CG for the bike. Not a good sign, but maybe their implementation of CG will be good enough to blend in with everything.

Nachtwandler_21 said:

Could you list the staff & tell us the story outline then?
Aug 13, 2017 10:23 PM
Jun 2011
TheServant said:
Nice, an original anime. I always appreciate non-adaptation anime. The PV does not show much of anything, but I notice they use CG for the bike. Not a good sign, but maybe their implementation of CG will be good enough to blend in with everything.

Nachtwandler_21 said:

Could you list the staff & tell us the story outline then?
as you know there are shows where CG actually worked and fit very well so we just have to see if it will work in here as well or not
Aug 13, 2017 10:25 PM

Apr 2011
/notices the name Tomokazu Seki
Oops, looks like I need to add another anime to my watch list. :b
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 13, 2017 10:25 PM

Jan 2009
welp i found this tweet of a contributor to sakugablog worrying

https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/896963286951972866

Aug 13, 2017 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
That was really good OVA PV. But question is that: Is Mappa ready to made this!? They already made several quality 1/2-cour anime. Announcement for Fall 2017 was definitely unexpected from MAPPA. I think there should be some chance that this anime gets delay to winter 18. They really deserve some good rest!

About this anime: (PV)Looks great+MAPPA+Original anime= HYPE!!

removed-userAug 13, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
ANN have a synopsis

The anime's story is set in a prosperous city named Russell City. Even as the city celebrates its success, a conspiracy that threatens to shake its world begins to move within it. A man named Sword is the first to hear the first stirrings of the plot, and throws himself into a shadow war in order to expose it. His only clue is the key word "El Dorado." He meets Sophie, a woman searching for her missing older brother who has only left her with the same words: "El Dorado." With Sword having also lost his younger sister in the past, both are drawn together by the words, and work together to find out its meaning.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-14/mappa-reveals-original-tv-anime-vanishing-line-for-october-premiere/.120088

Sep 2009
Sorry, it will take to much time to translate the syniopsis.

As for the staff:

Director: Park Seong-Hu (worked as episiode director on Garo S1 and as animator on some other series)
Series composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura
Original character design: Takashi Okazaki

OK. I got ninjad.
Aug 13, 2017 10:42 PM
Jun 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:

As for the staff:

Director: Park Seong-Hu (worked as episiode director on Garo S1 and as animator on some other series)

OK. I got ninjad.
ok this is great stuff. and even if it cg i will watch since there are shows where CG very fitting and not bad
Aug 13, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2016
It looks cool so far.
Aug 13, 2017 10:43 PM

Aug 2015
j0x said:

Oh no! Not a tweet from some blogger!
Aug 13, 2017 10:45 PM
Jan 2016
elior1 said:
as you know there are shows where CG actually worked and fit very well so we just have to see if it will work in here as well or not

And as I know, the majority of anime that try to blend CG with the hand-drawn animation are failed to do so. ufotable usually good at that, as for MAPPA, I am not sure.

j0x said:

Maybe MAPPA has so many staff now so they can afford to do so? The quality between all of them may differ greatly, but they can.

SkyDrop said:
That was really good OVA.

Which OVA?

Nachtwandler_21 said:

As for the staff:

OK. I got ninjad.

Original anime handed to a first-timer director. He must be really talented.
Aug 13, 2017 11:27 PM

Jul 2013
Looks really great. The music and pacing for the trailer were well done. It gave us enough for what was basically a teaser.

@TheServant You do realize this was CGI as well right? Also, CGI is blended in a ton of Anime and done really well. Not to mention in quite a few of which you enjoyed.

Aug 13, 2017 11:30 PM
Mar 2010
OK, this looks good and I am excited!
Just...kinda hoping MAPPA is OK. So many projects...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 13, 2017 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
/me sees Mappa. /me leaves.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 13, 2017 11:35 PM
Jan 2016
shalina23 said:
They need make otaku/fujoshi based series or they won't survive.

Like what?

Calal-Chan said:
Looks really great. The music and pacing for the trailer were well done.

@TheServant You do realize this was CGI as well right? Also, CGI is blended in a ton of Anime and done really well. Not to mention in quite a few of which you enjoyed.

I do not think you can rate pacing in a trailer. A trailer is not judged based on the pacing.
No, I did not realize that. But now that you mention it, it's pretty apparent it's CG. Compared to the next scene, the CG city landscape is pretty drab & lifeless. Thank you for pointing that out.
Like I said, they're done in tons of anime but most of them are not that good. There are few that are good, but just a handful.

EDIT: Removing redundant statement.
AServantAug 13, 2017 11:41 PM
Aug 13, 2017 11:47 PM

May 2017
Pv looks cool, reminds me somewhat to akira with that motorcycle.
Aug 13, 2017 11:59 PM
Jun 2011
TheServant said:
shalina23 said:

Like what?

Calal-Chan said:

I do not think you can rate pacing in a trailer. A trailer is not judged based on the pacing.
No, I did not realize that. But now that you mention it, it's pretty apparent it's CG. Compared to the next scene, the CG city landscape is pretty drab & lifeless. Thank you for pointing that out.
Like I said, they're done in tons of anime but most of them are not that good. There are few that are good, but just a handful.

but how you recognize exactly this anime is cgi with hand drawn as well?
Aug 14, 2017 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
Please, for the love of God, don't suck! Too many crap anime these days, need something to shake things up.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 14, 2017 12:05 AM
Jan 2016
elior1 said:

I recognize it from the PV. Don't you think it's obvious that the PV has hand-drawn animation & CGI?
AServantAug 14, 2017 12:19 AM
Aug 14, 2017 12:17 AM

Apr 2015
Any chance we can know who's who from the cast? Cause all we have are names of the characters with no pics
Aug 14, 2017 1:09 AM

Jul 2013
TheServant said:
shalina23 said:

Like what?

Calal-Chan said:

Hmm, I do think you can rate pacing in a trailer. Whether the trailer goes too fast giving off way too much info or not. Granted I do think I should have used a different word.

Also, there was a decent amount of CGI in this trailer have these as examples.
Aug 14, 2017 1:13 AM
Jun 2011
TheServant said:
elior1 said:

I recognize it from the PV. Don't you think it's obvious that the PV has hand-drawn animation & CGI?
can you give me an example from this PV? like at least one scence since i dont know how to reconize if it is handdrawn with cg at one PV
Aug 14, 2017 1:27 AM

Jul 2007
Sunghoo Park, one of best Mappa animators, directing a show? Count me in.

This looks very promising and tone seems mature enough.
Aug 14, 2017 1:51 AM

Apr 2017
look dope as heck. Definitely going to watch this. Animation is godly, hopefully wont disappoint like Touken Ranbu lol
Aug 14, 2017 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
Seriously this art style looks like an 2000s anime so mature.
Aug 14, 2017 1:55 AM

Jun 2015
shalina23 said:
Looks like MAPPA wants to go Bankrupt. They need make otaku/fujoshi based series or they won't survive.
you do realize they made yuri on ice right
Aug 14, 2017 2:14 AM

Mar 2014
>MAPPA
>original
>rie kugimiya
>tomokazu seki

I'm in. I'm also puzzled with the amount of projects the studio is working on though
Aug 14, 2017 2:29 AM
Jan 2016
Calal-Chan said:
Hmm, I do think you can rate pacing in a trailer. Whether the trailer goes too fast giving off way too much info or not. Granted I do think I should have used a different word.

Also, there was a decent amount of CGI in this trailer have these as examples.

Alright then. Let's just say you wanted to praise the trailer but you praised the wrong thing(the pacing).
Again, thank you for ponting scenes from the PV, but that does not refute my point. Many anime use CG, but most fail to blend them with the hand-drawn animation. And just want to point out:

1. Not only the cars, the pedestrians is also CG. As for the buildings, no, they're not CG.

2. Yes, I mentioned the bike was CG, but not because that's the only CG I noticed. I mentioned the bike because it's the most noticeable one. And yes, the buildings in your 2nd screenshot are all CG.

3. Now you're being silly just to defend this anime's use of CG. That character in your 3rd screenshot is obviously hand-drawn. Do not tell me you're one of those people who thought God Eater anime was CG when it's obviously hand-drawn.

Many anime use CG? yes. Many we did not notice? not really. I think the statement you're looking for is, "many anime use CG so little that it's almost unnoticeable." When an anime actively using CG & trying to blend them, it's almost always noticeable. Jarringly noticeable, in fact.

And I know that you want to defend this anime so bad, but you do not have to. I am sure the producer already hired people to defend this product/anime, & they're called marketing team. Unless you are one of them, then good job.

elior1 said:
can you give me an example from this PV? like at least one scence since i dont know how to reconize if it is handdrawn with cg at one PV

Another user, Calal-Chan, has posted screenshots from the PV that have CG & hand-drawn at the same time. Take a look at them.

Fai said:

One of the best? How so?
Aug 14, 2017 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
TheServant said:

Fai said:

One of the best? How so?

Best fight in Garo.
Most of the best bits of the Divine Flame.
Some of the best bits of Pokemon Generations.
YoI OP
Aug 14, 2017 3:41 AM
Jan 2016
Fai said:
Best fight in Garo.
YoI OP

Are you sure he's responsible for those? Do you have any proof? Maybe his own twitter post?
Aug 14, 2017 3:45 AM

Jun 2014
This looks pretty cool, definitely going to check it out. I hope this isn't a case of a misleadingly good PV for a show that'll actually end up sucking.

It's crazy how many shows MAPPA has on their hands at the moment. I know Kakegurui and Bahamut will be finished by the time this starts airing but they're still going to have Altair (I've heard that's going to be a 2 cour) in addition to Inuyashiki, plus this. So their load isn't really letting up. Well, if they can handle it then it's all good.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 14, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2009
TheServant said:
Fai said:
Best fight in Garo.
YoI OP

Are you sure he's responsible for those? Do you have any proof? Maybe his own twitter post?

You can check his prifile on ANN for example. Orcheck the credits of reaTed series/eps if ANN is not a trusted source for you.
Nachtwandler_21Aug 14, 2017 3:59 AM
Aug 14, 2017 4:03 AM
Jan 2016
Nachtwandler_21 said:
You can check his prifile on ANN for example.

I just found the proof, but not from ANN. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.
Aug 14, 2017 4:13 AM

May 2015
VanishingKira said:
Seong-Hu Park I knew this name looked familiar,he's the guy responsible for episode 18 of Garo which was Leon vs Alfonso's fight episode.

Slightly worried about MAPPA having a production disaster on their hands with all the shows they're working on but either way exited for this,one more thing to watch to an otherwise lacking Fall lineup.

You think Fall is lacking? It's most likely going to be the best season this year.

Aug 14, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
At this point, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out from Mappa. They just say f*ck it to trends and make what they want. You can say they're "mad" .That aside, the visuals look dope as hell. And lastly, the pv gives me blassreiter and 91 days vibes
ani147Aug 14, 2017 4:52 AM

Aug 14, 2017 4:49 AM

May 2015
VanishingKira said:
Kittens-kun said:

You think Fall is lacking? It's most likely going to be the best season this year.
Sure in your opinion,not mine.

What do you think is the best season then?

Aug 14, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Please, for the love of God, don't suck! Too many crap anime these days, need something to shake things up.

Plus we need a new "Old Madhouse", Madhouse is just a shadow what it used to be.

And this show looks cool and has potential for international appeal thanks to a non japanese character cast, no Otaku stuff and Afro Samurai style (still have to watch Afro, it looks cool as heck!)
Aug 14, 2017 5:54 AM

Apr 2017
>Well it's MAPPA Alright (The one who directed In the corner of the world.. Can't wait seeing the BD Released next season)

Two series this Fall lineup by MAPPA, this one and Inuyashiki..

Pretty Lit so far..

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 14, 2017 6:36 AM

Oct 2013
Bourmegar said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Plus we need a new "Old Madhouse", Madhouse is just a shadow what it used to be.

And this show looks cool and has potential for international appeal thanks to a non japanese character cast, no Otaku stuff and Afro Samurai style (still have to watch Afro, it looks cool as heck!)

Really? I figured Madhouse was doing fine.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 14, 2017 6:50 AM

Oct 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Bourmegar said:

Well Madhouse used to be waay better.
Heck it was pretty much absent in the whole 2016 and big part in 2017 (OPM2 in the fall) in terms of good shows.
Aug 14, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
Looks interesting from what was shown and the cast looks good too with Seki, Kugimiya and Shimazaki so hopefully this'll turn out well.
Aug 14, 2017 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
Bourmegar said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Well Madhouse used to be waay better.
Heck it was pretty much absent in the whole 2016 and big part in 2017 (OPM2 in the fall) in terms of good shows.
One Punch Man Season 2 isn't 2017, and it's not even confirmed if Madhouse is doing it or not
Sup...
Aug 14, 2017 10:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i see boobs on the cover...

will definitely be checking this one out
Aug 14, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
Feel like it's been forever ago since I last saw Rie Kugimiya voicing a main character in anything, hopefully the character is not annoying.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
3 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.