Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2017 10:40 PM
Jun 2015
This anime is so fucking great. Normally I don't like anime that just change things up each episode a little bit but this anime is so fucking amazing.

I might give it a 10/10 if it stays good.
Jul 15, 2017 10:55 PM

May 2015
rvbrick said:
Oh boy I love anime that gets worse the longer it goes on.

I can't wrap my head around how anyone actually thinks this is good. I guess the one positive aspect of this episode is that Ms. Just According to Keikaku didn't actually win this time.

...that, and the absolutely brilliant OP that's responsible for me deciding to watch at least half of the show before dropping it, since it shows there's a very, very small chance of the show having another well executed idea. 'Course I'm not sure how much longer I can take the pathetic psychological aspect.

You can't understand the word "opinion"? Good to know.

Jul 15, 2017 10:55 PM
Jun 2016
Scalpelexis said:
4Dissinity said:

But this is different. Yumeko didn't win in this one.

(Besides, it's only been three episodes, then again there's only twelve episodes of this anime, so I guess that's not much of a good excuse. lol).

She did "win";-) Winning or losing was super fine for her; now she can as a pet challenge anyone and her request can't be denied. We both know the money is not the issue, somehow.

Oh yeah... I actually forgot about that.
Jul 15, 2017 10:56 PM

May 2015
Scalpelexis said:
Ah, c'mon, I want something new. Let's face it, all the episodes have had the same scenario: New opponent, Yumeko easily reveals the fraud, gets devil-eyed, reaches orgasm, her slave friend + opponent are amazed and repeat.

Did she lose in the first two episodes?

Jul 15, 2017 11:04 PM

Apr 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Scalpelexis said:
Ah, c'mon, I want something new. Let's face it, all the episodes have had the same scenario: New opponent, Yumeko easily reveals the fraud, gets devil-eyed, reaches orgasm, her slave friend + opponent are amazed and repeat.

As I stated above, she in fact "won" again. Anyway, this is kind of nitpicking, isn't it?
Jul 15, 2017 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
Can't help but feel disappointed she was double cheated.
At least one game this series has to be completely fair.
Jul 15, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2014
This is definitely my favorite of the season. I had feeling that she was going to lose once they started talking before the cup was removed, but hey who cares because everyone knows MITTENS is the best.
Jul 15, 2017 11:39 PM

Sep 2015
That technically wouldve been a win for her if Yuriko didnt get help from the pres
Jul 16, 2017 12:18 AM

Jun 2015
RediceRyan said:
Can't help but feel disappointed she was double cheated.
At least one game this series has to be completely fair.

There isnt much strategy in gambling, of course if someone almost always win its because he/she is cheating, its realistic.
Jul 16, 2017 12:26 AM

Aug 2014
1idd0kun said:
QuattroVaginas said:
As expected, she can't win if she doesn't get a second chance.

Nah, the president did something to the game from the room below. Without the president's intervention, Yumeko would have won.

Yes I watched the 2 min exposition afterward. And that's my point, this time she didn't get another chance to play after exposing trick room. Her previous opponents effectively let her set up a fixed martingale. She can most likely win if they played this roulette game again, but she's out of "funds". Not that she cares about losing, probably even wanted to after learning about public matches.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 16, 2017 1:00 AM

Apr 2017
I was expecting the inserting of piercing in the hand of student (dealer) from the manga would get animated but they did not include it. Good episode anyways.
Jul 16, 2017 1:18 AM
Oct 2007
Undoubtedly the best anime of this season (not counting sequels) compared to the last! As someone who is addicted to gambling about a year before and is a big fan of Kaiji as well, I want to see a live action series or movie for Kakegurui!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2017 1:23 AM

Jan 2016
Decent pacing and good adaptation so far. Didn't miss anything from the manga. Great job by Hayami Saori voicing Yumeko in all kind of situation @__@

Next episode will be veeery good~~~
Jul 16, 2017 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
This was awesome. Voice acting is perfect. I really didn't expect that this anime would turn out being so good. I expected an another typical mass-hype series like DN etc.
Maybe not AOTS, but still really good.

SakurasouBusters said:
rvbrick said:
Oh boy I love anime that gets worse the longer it goes on.

I can't wrap my head around how anyone actually thinks this is good. I guess the one positive aspect of this episode is that Ms. Just According to Keikaku didn't actually win this time.

...that, and the absolutely brilliant OP that's responsible for me deciding to watch at least half of the show before dropping it, since it shows there's a very, very small chance of the show having another well executed idea. 'Course I'm not sure how much longer I can take the pathetic psychological aspect.

While they are great anime in their own right.... Why does it not surprise me that you have End of Eva, The Tatami Galaxy, and Welcome to the NHK in your favorites?

Haha. You are 100% right. How typical :D
There is only one way to get rid of elitists. Just completely ignore all of them. Replying them is a complete waste of your time and effort.
rsc-plJul 16, 2017 1:36 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 16, 2017 1:31 AM

Mar 2014
I wanna see more Midari
Jul 16, 2017 1:35 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, looks like they're still able to ramp up the intensity quite a bit. Now I'm curious to see what's going to be the most climactic match of all.
Jul 16, 2017 1:51 AM

Feb 2011
The last scene absolutely killed me
Jul 16, 2017 1:57 AM
Mar 2016
Annnd what I want to see happen , Jabami lost.I was worried because in the second episode the series start to look repetitive but the series proved me wrong.It is clear that she played this game to mad Yuriko and the money were not the point so it was not full lose .I am happy about the fact that Yumeko doesn't care about what students say.Definitely the best episode so far.
Jul 16, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2017
If you read the manga, it is top notch!

Jul 16, 2017 2:37 AM
Jun 2011
aikaflip said:
All the cheating is getting a little frustrating. At least Yumeko doesn't seem to be taking any of it seriously. And it's funny how the OP and ED have more service than the show itself.

Not a bad episode. I'm hoping for bigger surprises, and fairer gameplay.
i dont think it will happen. it just a school full of cheater students
Jul 16, 2017 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
My fave episode so far. This show's getting better and better.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 16, 2017 2:55 AM

May 2015
Scalpelexis said:
Kittens-kun said:

As I stated above, she in fact "won" again. Anyway, this is kind of nitpicking, isn't it?

No she didn't. And yes, you are nitpicking.

Jul 16, 2017 3:17 AM
Oct 2015
Yumeko as a "loser cat" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Heckle was here...
Jul 16, 2017 3:31 AM

Apr 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Scalpelexis said:

No she didn't. And yes, you are nitpicking.

Ok, this looks like a nice, hefty and fullfilling discussion. Each one has his own views on the episode, for me Yumeko won this round and I'd say she views it the same way. We'll see in a week.
Jul 16, 2017 3:45 AM
Mar 2016
Yumeko herself said that she is a loser cat, but it is okay because the cat is cute nyaa
Jul 16, 2017 4:19 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I assumed that what I watched was not the best of the subs so I've got some questions on the winnings. Since Yurika picked right with a 7 on "Life" she got 150 chips(5 chips x 30) how did she got a total of 195 and 310 million yen and Jabami a -115? And the 2.17 billion yen debt on Yurika if Jabami won.
Jul 16, 2017 4:58 AM

Jun 2015
Three episodes in and this anime is already becoming kind of monotonous.
Hopefully there's something more to it than characters being batshit crazy 'cause as entertaining as it has been to watch, the novelty is starting to wear off, and all that's left is another forgettable anime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 16, 2017 4:59 AM
Dec 2016
I have a competitor for my very addictive blue-lipstick on the pres's lips..it's the tailess NekoJabami-san! XD

This show's Mc gets money from gambling to have fun but the other one wants rank up her class!
Jul 16, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2016
I like how there are many different types of crazy or insanity depicted here. Yumeko gamble crazy, characters like Meari insane from great greed (before), characters like the student council president calm yet still insane while not showing any of the usual crazy faces anime and other series often love to do, etc.

An enjoyable episode. Yumeko was really ruthless here. Surprised to see that she still lost at the end, though. I guess she's not as OP as people think, but even when she clearly lost, people still call her OP. I don't understand. If she was so OP, she wouldn't have lost. She would have spotted the other method of cheating sooner if she was able to.

Sure, she can gamble with the president now if she wants (I think), but she still didn't plan on losing in that match at all and already becoming a house pet. She would not have flipped out and gone crazy in joy during the match if she did (along with betting all the chips).
Jul 16, 2017 5:21 AM
Jul 2016
TheLonelyCynic said:
Hopefully there's something more to it than characters being batshit crazy 'cause as entertaining as it has been to watch, the novelty is starting to wear off, and all that's left is another forgettable anime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can understand how you feel about it being rather monotonous, but is there not already a bit more to this? If you mean a lot more than focusing on gambling a bunch of people and either winning or losing, I don't really think that's gonna happen, or at least not soon. :(
Jul 16, 2017 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
M49 said:
TheLonelyCynic said:

I can understand how you feel about it being rather monotonous, but is there not already a bit more to this? If you mean a lot more than focusing on gambling a bunch of people and either winning or losing, I don't really think that's gonna happen, or at least not soon. :(

Maybe it's 'cause it's a shounen with a school setting so they don't want to overcomplicate it, but the games they play seem rather simple and so far have relied on some form of cheating rather than actual tactics/mind games, and I'm starting to find it fall into a boring/predictable formula.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 16, 2017 5:40 AM
Nov 2016
Losing 2.17 billion yen is disaster. But yumeko being a house pet doesn't affect her at all.

She's insane alright. Lmao
Jul 16, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2017
the show is just getting started, i've read the manga and the upcoming parts are going to be really exciting
it was a good episode, but i think they had more stills in the animation than in the past episodes during the gamble which is a little bit disappointing
im gay
Jul 16, 2017 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
oh boy yumeko is so care free even with so much debt... I really wanna know her back story
Jul 16, 2017 5:55 AM
Jul 2016
TheLonelyCynic said:
M49 said:

Maybe it's 'cause it's a shounen with a school setting so they don't want to overcomplicate it, but the games they play seem rather simple and so far have relied on some form of cheating rather than actual tactics/mind games, and I'm starting to find it fall into a boring/predictable formula.

I suppose that's probably why it's simplistic. I don't really know, but either way, I understand how you feel really, though regarding that cheating aspect, that's rather common in gambling too though, isn't it? In general, I mean. I know it ruins the fun, but... it's gambling. The price you'd pay if you lose... xD. I can understand why people would cheat. And from what I often read from other comments in a few other sites when discussing about this anime, apparently the cheating theme is either quite common in certain other series or that the aspect is very notable in certain others, despite being fewer in number.

Tactics and mind games... I would also appreciate seeing that from both sides and not just from Yumeko so far, but maybe it'll be like that somewhere later on. Here's to hoping.
M49Jul 16, 2017 6:38 AM
Jul 16, 2017 6:30 AM

Feb 2009
Great epd, I also feel bad for Saotome
Jul 16, 2017 7:03 AM

Apr 2011
Yumeko needs to chill. 7/10
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 16, 2017 7:12 AM

Sep 2016
this series is extremely formulaic, but i;m just waiting for gamble with gintoki
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 16, 2017 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
Yumeko is savage as fuck. I loved the she intimated her opponent, 'equivalent of shit'. Kinda felt bad for her. If it wasn't for the outside interference, Yumeko would've won. Yumeko acting like a cat was funny.

Saotomes is in real shit. She has so much debt.

Jul 16, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
This is so much fun to watch. I'm laughing and having a stupid grin on my face most of the episode.
Jul 16, 2017 8:49 AM

Sep 2013
Jabami doing good but gets rekt by student pres and luck.

Scalpelexis said:
Ok, this looks like a nice, hefty and fullfilling discussion. Each one has his own views on the episode, for me Yumeko won this round and I'd say she views it the same way. We'll see in a week.

Doesn't matter, she lost the match and that's it.
That she gets another shot is just a bonus.
Jul 16, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
I wonder if she would play russian roulette.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 16, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2008

I thought the episode was going to leave me unsatisfied because she lost. But I love this girl so much. The way she dealt with being a house pet was 10/10.
Best girl! Such a fucking savage too <3 <3 <3
Jul 16, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Comander-07 said:
I wonder if she would play russian roulette.

LOL if anyone were to join her, I'd see why not
Jul 16, 2017 10:10 AM
Jul 2017
Just want to say, yumeko does get to have a fair gamble eventually. Two gambles actually. No cheating and just brains and wits, which will hopefully be adapted~
Jul 16, 2017 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
I thought Yumeko would lose later on in the series not this early, holy shit though is she a savage!!!! Really looking forward to seeing what kind of punishment she will face.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 16, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Yumeko may have lost the battle, but her opponent practically ended with a pyrrhic victory and with her confidence shattered, and, considering she will probably left her "pet phase" eventually, I don't think that is a total defeat for her, more considering what she likes of gambles is the risk.

I wonder if she will eventually face an enemy who is not a cheater (though, thinking how some games works, that has to be unavoidable the most of times, I guess). So far, all her opponents were smug bitches who used tricks to win (well, this last one seemed a bit more sympathethic than the other two considering she seemed to care for the girls of her club despite her dirty methods) and I wonder if there would be someone actually able to gave her an actual challenge (not that I mind the actual formula, since seeing Yumeko rekting her rivals is very satisfying).

The ending scene was very funny. Is amazing how the series can distort the face of a beautiful girl into a very grotesque grin. It's simply amazing.
Jul 16, 2017 10:40 AM

May 2009
Hayami proved again she is one of the best seiyuus. Also finally animeonly whiners who thought Yumeko will always win can fuck off.
Cat scene in manga:
Jul 16, 2017 10:55 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty dope episode. The faces in this anime are awesome.

The mind games are awesome too. Seems like everyone in the academy cheats. Jabami id oh so observant. It's a shame that she lost.

Let's see how she goes up against the student council president now.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.