Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2017 2:17 PM
May 2015
they zoomed into the flowers at bottom of her hair why did anyone else catch that? it was like there growing out of her
Jul 12, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2017
Ok. Ok. There's so much to say about this episode, I mean...
So many cliffhangers (like two, but yeeah)
Sasuke and Naruto scene YAYAH...
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
And sasuke jumps off! What the...
Those kaguya clan guys though; they're from the movie, right.
(So the movies aren't all canon, huh)
(ーー;)
Really. They let off Sumire 'cause no one was hurt. (`_´)ゞ
What about the like four guys who had their chakra sucked out... I doubt they're coming back
(^_^;)
But what was with the action music during the team test 😱

Those credits are misleading, it makes it look like Sarada is the child of Sasuke and Karin
Here's some anime logic (or probably just Boruto Japanese language logic)
Boruto = Bolt
So...
Sarada = Salad
Salad- (definition, ehh not so much) an assortment of vegetables combined together and served as a single dish

So Salad because she is the test tube child of Sasuke, Sakura, and Karin (thus a salad)
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

wait. Was that shisui's toothless smile at the end of the credits
tidoesstuffJul 13, 2017 2:55 PM
Jul 12, 2017 5:24 PM

Aug 2015
Well that was quite the boring episode. At least the last part was pretty cool.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 12, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, new ED animation even though last episode's ED was good enough.
Setting up the plot for Boruto The Movie.
Jul 12, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2015
Yay Class Rep is back ;-; Maybe she will develop feelings for Boruto?

Stay strong my ship (SumireXBoruto)
Jul 12, 2017 6:24 PM
Jun 2015
Well, I for once had some interest in this show, so maybe things will start turning for the better.
Jul 12, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2009
The latter part of the episode is what I like in this episode. :D I hope the next episode would not only focus on the SOL part of the kids :/

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jul 12, 2017 9:44 PM
Jun 2015
Nice ending! I really liked it!
Jul 12, 2017 10:36 PM
May 2017
Nice chill episode.
Jul 13, 2017 1:21 AM
Jul 2016
it is only me who loves dat gothic girl ? anybody knows who is she?
Jul 13, 2017 4:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see the village is back to a sense of normalcy after the ghost incidents though. Im glad that in the end Sumire was stopped by Boruto by reminding her how much her friends cared for her. Naruto is right in that children don't get to choose their parents but they can choose their friends. Lol Mitsuki is always going to be with Boruto eh. Hmm seeing the newest incarnation of the famous leaf village trio though sure brings back memories. Hmm Iruka fits well as the head of the academy though. Shino is pretty determined to see Sumire back eh. Boruto is pretty determined to bring Sumire back to the academy and her friends then eh. I think that surprised his parents as well. Its nice once in a while to have dinner with the family though. Seeing Naruto and his family have a normal family dinner was nice. So Sumire wants to take responsibility for her actions after seeing the truth eh. Its nice that she is though and also that Shino has forgiven her as well. Shino's advice to Sumire was pretty heartfelt though.

Hmm a repeat of the session that destroyed the school in the first place eh. Hmm the class sure has a lot of interesting students but the girl with the bunny has to stand out the most. Hmm the new trio is working pretty well actually. Still the mock battle session was pretty well done. Good to see everyone use teamwork here though. As always their victory results in the destruction of the area that they were using lol. Sumire was really brave to come back to face her friends and not decide to leave. But im glad that she decided to come back though. Hmm the reveal of Sasuke was pretty interesting. Meanwhile we get to see who the main villain will be it seems. So the new enemy is an entire clan it seems. So it looks like the next arc will be centered on Sarada and her family.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Deep inside my heart, I really hoped for Sumire to keep her hair down...
But her staying is all I need. Wise decision, writers.
Jul 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:

Lelouch0202 said:
ED heavily hints at a Gaiden adaptation but the PV seems to show some kind of fillerish episode.

If I'm not mistaken Naruto Gaiden will start on August 9. So yeah we should have a few more fillerish episodes.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks man. :)
Jul 13, 2017 7:41 AM
May 2012
yay more hawawa <3
also, nice new ED!
Jul 13, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
If they're seriously planning on adapting the movie, then I'm dropping this shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 13, 2017 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
joe_g7 said:
If they're seriously planning on adapting the movie, then I'm dropping this shit.

The director already stated they will and in addition they'll expand the battles in the chunin exam so you should go ahead and save yourself from all the trouble.
Jul 13, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
Z4k said:
joe_g7 said:

The director already stated they will and in addition they'll expand the battles in the chunin exam so you should go ahead and save yourself from all the trouble.
Okay then, thanks.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 13, 2017 9:48 AM
Jul 2011
all of this time i was thinking that the goth girl and sumire were the same person o.o
robertocabralJul 13, 2017 9:52 AM
Jul 13, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2009
joe_g7 said:
Z4k said:

Okay then, thanks.

You could just put it on hold, and skip the movie events. It's a while off anyway, if they're adapting Gaiden. I presume you stuck with all of Naruto, so it'd be a bit of a shame for this to be the straw that breaks the camel's back xD
Jul 13, 2017 2:48 PM
May 2017
This episode was a good breather after the drama of the last episode.

The Ending WAS BEUTIFUL! I hope this isn't the last time we see it because the visuals were awesome and really got me into Sarada's head space and back story.

I hope this isn't the end of Sumire character arc because sadly it takes a lot more then a hug and forgiveness to erase someone's guilt. This show has the perfect opportunity to change its status quo and I hope it takes the chance.

Sasuke and Sumire NEED to have a conversation. They both did similarly awful things and tried to alienate their friends. However the way they dealt with those actions were very different. Sasuke left the village on a path for redemption (I think?) choosing to isolate himself from all those he had wronged. While Sumire decided to do the opposite and actually confronted and chose to live with the people she betrayed. Arguably the harder of two choices.
If this show can shatter Sasuke's lone warrior façade it might just make me say "Boruto is surprisingly good".

The next arc appears to be a retelling of Boruto's movie. I know writing original stuff is hard but please let this arc deviate from the source. This is one of the few times where deviating from the source material might actually be a good thing.

So far this show still has a lot of potential but no guarantee that it will use it.
Jul 13, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2017
Sumire is the new hinata?? Well I ship borutiXsumire

Hawawa <3<3<3
Jul 13, 2017 4:21 PM

May 2015
Boruto the anime so far is in a roll... hope they don’t lose momentum making too much unimpressive stuff... I mean I don’t mind shifting the focus on other characters beside the main cast but only if it is done right and by right I mean like the class rep final arc (these past episodes)…

On a side note:
I hope to the manga gods that the new ED doesn’t mean that we don’t get Sarada Naruto gaiden story because I want to see that story animated…
Jul 13, 2017 5:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was intrigued by the Toneri, Momoshiki/Kinshiki and SasGOAT moments but my man Sasuke is finally here :'')

Gaiden hype incoming too (Sarada fanboys rejoice)
Jul 13, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2008
Sumire is back yow!
based on the last scene before the ED rolls, those 2 characters on a different dimension,... so are we closing in to the arc shown in the Boruto manga!?
Damn yeah! Sasuke finally appeared in adult form!
4/5.

Jul 14, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2010
the ending theme is so much better than the whole episode lol. but it's nice to see Sasuke back, and that guilt tone in his voice when he asks Naruto to give Sakura a message for him. sweet.
BADGES

Jul 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2016
audac1ous said:
they zoomed into the flowers at bottom of her hair why did anyone else catch that? it was like there growing out of her

Her name means violet. Kinda like how Boruto wears bolt necklace.
Jul 14, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
Now just everytime I see Naruto I think that it is just a clone.

And of course there are not enough things to do on Earth , must to go to Space to find some villains.
Jul 14, 2017 1:37 PM
Jul 2013
Kenji-Hayashi180 said:
Oh God here we go again with another average episode. I did like this episode but it wasn't that good. I'm pretty much just waiting for Boruto to get good at this point.
we all are as the writer seems to know we will watch it / read the manga no matter what so he is takinh his time creating stupid arcs like the last one but the last 2 min are a sign of hope
Jul 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Jul 2017
I really do not understand the hatred that some people have towards this anime. No matter what everyone says, i'm loving so far. I like Sumire, Denki, Iwabe and the other academy students. And that goth girl with the pink bunny is the best extra ever!
And one thing i hope is that they make at least 1 arc after Gaiden with them as genins, and don't timeskip direct to the Chuunin Exam arc. It would be weird not see them in any missions before they go to the exam. And I saw someone here saying that it's going to happen what i want, that they will extend the Chunnin Exam fights. They have to do this, to make an epic arc like it was in Naruto.
MatheusFHJul 14, 2017 3:28 PM
Jul 14, 2017 3:16 PM
Apr 2017
MatheusFH said:
I really do not understand the hatred that some people have towards this anime. No matter what everyone says, i'm loving so far. I like Sumire, Denki, Iwabe and the other academy students. And that goth girl with the pink bunny is the best extra ever!
And one thing i hope is that they make at least 1 arc after Gaiden with them as genins, and don't timeskip direct to the Chuunin Exam arc. It would be weird not see them in any missions before they go to the exam. And I saw someone here saying that it's going to happen what i want, that they will extende the Chunnin Exam fights. They have to do this, to make an epic arc like it was in Naruto.
Just let they be, they are complaining everything meanwhile they are looking forward and watching new episode everyweek. They are tsundere fans. Let the hates be and enjoy this greatness.
Jul 15, 2017 9:38 AM
Nov 2013
qwertyMrJINX said:
Oh no, don't tell me we really are getting a movie recap arc!?

C'mon Studio Pierrot, you're better than that. Don't make the same dumbass mistakes Toei made.

Kinda have to, with new characters, wouldn't you think? I'm pretty sure the show isn't 1on1 following the movie, anyway.
Jul 15, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2016
A lot of cool stuff to take in this episode!

First: a new ino-shika-cho team up! Awesome!

Second: Sumire Kakei's talk with Shino after he tells Iruka he will take her under his wing. That was a very good sequence of dialogue which has been something this anime has been badly lacking in comparison to its predecessor. In fact the whole anime has taken a step forward improving over the last 3 or 4 episodes.

Lastly: Sasuke! Naruto and Sasuke exchanging words!!! It feels like forever since I last saw that...what was it October of last year!

Plus it looks like they're finally starting to tie the first part of the anime to the Boruto Movie which is nice I assume that may take some time but it's nice to finally see them setting the timeline out for the more casual fans. I hope we get some more extra details that we didn't get to see in the movie exposed in the anime soon!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 16, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2016
Dregora said:
qwertyMrJINX said:
Oh no, don't tell me we really are getting a movie recap arc!?

C'mon Studio Pierrot, you're better than that. Don't make the same dumbass mistakes Toei made.

Kinda have to, with new characters, wouldn't you think? I'm pretty sure the show isn't 1on1 following the movie, anyway.
That's even worse if it doesn't 1to1 follow the movie, because that's exactly what Toei Super did. They needlessly dragged out the movies' plots with filler crap that didn't matter. In fact, if they're going to recap the movie, I'd rather they just straight-up use clips from the movie.

But of course, it would be preferable if they just didn't recap the movie at all, because everyone's already seen it.
Jul 16, 2017 2:47 AM

Dec 2013
Sumire's smile was wonderful.

Not looking forward to the eventual movie recap :/
Jul 16, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
qwertyMrJINX said:
But of course, it would be preferable if they just didn't recap the movie at all, because everyone's already seen it.

Not everyone has seen the movie and there's some plot related stuff like Boruto getting a curse mark which forces them to adapt it.
Jul 16, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
I was not expecting Sumire to come back...
Great ED!!! Sarada's arc will be great!
Jul 16, 2017 12:43 PM
Mar 2016
sumire should've left. i was so glad to see sasuke in this ep
Jul 18, 2017 9:54 PM

Feb 2015
Boring episode, except for the end, where he saw the real villains.
Jul 19, 2017 4:20 AM

Dec 2016
welcome back Sumire!
it was nice to see Sasuke again :3 and please go back to your home and act like a father at least for once!
Jul 19, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2012
Ino-Shika-Cho combo is back!!! Just by using Inoji's jutsu, it'll be easier to expand the shadow. This combo is more flexible now. .

Sumire's return to the academy really let me feels our ninja era is gradually changing to a new level as well.

And damn, I still can't adapt to the new ED.

Jul 20, 2017 2:08 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't know what it is, but Boruto (the actual character) comes off as so cute in the adorable way to me. I mean, I had always just considered Naruto annoying but don't really see a humongous difference between Boruto and Naruto as kids. I don't understand it. Maybe it's the OP. Boruto just hopping around in the beginning is one of the cutest little things.

Man, Metal Lee is me when classes have to form groups.

Also, since they first interacted, I've been lowkey shipping a certain pairing. I didn't want to admit to doing so, but it's unavoidable. Every time they interact it gets worse. I tried not to ship it, but it's done. I messed up. I'm in the gutters. There's no saving me now. It only goes downhill from here. "Why can't you accept that they're just friends?" It's not that easy. I ship folks with the characters who understand them the most. Shipping best friends is inevitable for me.

Wouldn't have minded if Sumire never showed up again, tbh. I can't help but view her as one of those generic filler characters back from Naruto not Shippuden. Like, her design's so blah. Idk, even I think my meh feelings for her are unfounded. Still, I can't really change how I feel about a bland design.

I thought the way Naruto spoke to Boruto was relatively patient, and I commend him for it. It's too bad that Boruto didn't seem to be looking for patience and wanted action right then and there or something.;; Wasted good talk. Interested in how these teams will turn out.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 20, 2017 4:23 PM
Jul 2016
Itachi said:
Ayyy new best girl Sumire is back~ Also god damn we got a lot of foreshadowing this episode. Nice to see the man Sasuke back tho. Lit.

And god damn the complete version of that ending is fucking amazing holy shit.

The only song I like this season beside LiSA Datte Atashi no Hero...
ARRRGH Can't wait for Sarada Arc! Brace yourself
Jul 20, 2017 4:25 PM
Jul 2016
Paul said:
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little.

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.

If you realize, that ending is spoiler for the next arc... It's Sarada as the main chara, not Boruto again... And this time about Uchiha rise
Jul 20, 2017 4:28 PM
Jul 2016
FireFistYamaan said:
Well the first 18 minutes or so I was bored asf. But then Naruto and Sasuke appeared and everything got better. And at the end we see the otsuski and the villains from Naruto: Bortuto the movie. Guess that will be adapted after Naruto Gaiden is.

Seeing how much I enjoy Naruto and Sasuke moments made me realize that Naruto wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Now we're crying for Naruto and Sasuke screen time while a year ago people everyone were hating on Naruto. Well that's explainable because of all the fillers and how Naruto wasn't as good as it used to be after the Pain arc.

But yea, looks like the next episode will be focused on Denki

If you realize, that ending is spoiler for the next arc... Team 7 will be reunite again with Full action, and Sarada will be the main chara
Jul 20, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2016
Dikicchi said:
FireFistYamaan said:
Well the first 18 minutes or so I was bored asf. But then Naruto and Sasuke appeared and everything got better. And at the end we see the otsuski and the villains from Naruto: Bortuto the movie. Guess that will be adapted after Naruto Gaiden is.

Seeing how much I enjoy Naruto and Sasuke moments made me realize that Naruto wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Now we're crying for Naruto and Sasuke screen time while a year ago people everyone were hating on Naruto. Well that's explainable because of all the fillers and how Naruto wasn't as good as it used to be after the Pain arc.

But yea, looks like the next episode will be focused on Denki

If you realize, that ending is spoiler for the next arc... Team 7 will be reunite again with Full action, and Sarada will be the main chara

Talking about Naruto Gaiden? Yes I know it'll be awesome
Jul 20, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2008
Dikicchi said:
Paul said:
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little. [/img]

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.

If you realize, that ending is spoiler for the next arc... It's Sarada as the main chara, not Boruto again... And this time about Uchiha rise

Not sure what the point of telling me and I've already read it before Boruto even started airing. I was simply hoping they adapt it and not skip it cause of the fact this show has been nearly entirely original content and the preview for the next episode wasn't gaiden, just more filler. Though someone mentioned gaiden adaption won't start for a few more weeks so til then, just typical filler style episodes.
Jul 23, 2017 3:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode is a change in the plot, and it wil take other way....but that is true, is the start a new adventure!!!!
Jul 23, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
Boruto x sumiere

Only IN AMERICA

ONLY IN AMERICA
Eat Me
Jul 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, the kid that catched the ball Naruto threw at him just disappeared behind Sai's head ... sure he could've stopped exactly there but that was weird :D

Sumire love interest for Boruto now? - Also lmao at everyone thinking Iwabe did something to Sumire when she started crying :D

Judging from the ending song it seems we're going to get some Sarada content, she even has the Sharingan!
Aug 3, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2010
I ship Boruto and Sumire instantly >w< Although it seems Mitsuki has a thing for him as well lol not that I mind it.

Thankfully they've changed animation for ending, looks way better now - Naruto Gaiden was decent, looking forward to seeing it animated!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.