Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2017 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa...that missile.

Still, I like how Akko is getting everyone together to make things right. About time Croix reformed herself as well. I also like how the finale is giving everyone (even some of the lesser known characters) some screne time to work together. They also got a neat makeover of their outfits too with magic. Visually, I thought the chereography of the finale wa also well done in particular the second half.

Akko's role in this finale felt like a leader and I'm proud of her. This has been such a journey from start to finish. Going to miss this series for sure. 8/10.
Jun 25, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2010
That was a spectacular ending the a pretty good anime.
It was really nice too see Ako and her friends grow in magic and personality they learned a lot over the course of the anime.
I really enjoyed watching this and it's a shame it's over.
Hopefully we will see more of this in the future.
Jun 25, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2015
I have to be honest with you
You all could see how much I love this anime, but this ending episode was meh
Like, the rocket scene should have been intense, but it wasn't because the music didn't draw that emotion out of me. Whole this Diana & Akko scene, it wasn't intense at all. Just cute. And for the great finale it should have been AMAZING, not CUTE.
I loved the ending when Akko finally learned how to fly, but that felt rushed as well.. I needed 15 more seconds at least, of their happiness and interacting with each other, so I actually feel their happiness.
The rocket scene was so damn bad I can't even begin to explain. AMAZING animation WASTED because of someone's bad directing. I don't know, I just felt very bored trough whole episode. :( And I'm sad that the finale ended that way. It's still my favorite anime of all time, but I'm disappointed with this ending

I don't know who directed this episode, but please, don't let that person direct finale ever again.
Jun 25, 2017 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
I had a rather negative opinion on the series in the first episodes, but the last episodes satisfied me. I still hesitate for the final score.

I even cried a bit at the end... T_T
Jun 25, 2017 11:29 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am going to miss this anime, one of the best of winter and the one that saved the average of spring.

Jun 25, 2017 11:35 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Andzl said:
Like, the rocket scene should have been intense, but it wasn't because the music didn't draw that emotion out of me. Whole this Diana & Akko scene, it wasn't intense at all. Just cute. And for the great finale it should have been AMAZING, not CUTE.
I loved the ending when Akko finally learned how to fly, but that felt rushed as well.. I needed 15 more seconds at least, of their happiness and interacting with each other, so I actually feel their happiness.
The rocket scene was so damn bad I can't even begin to explain. AMAZING animation WASTED because of someone's bad directing. I don't know, I just felt very bored trough whole episode. :( And I'm sad that the finale ended that way. It's still my favorite anime of all time, but I'm disappointed with this ending

I don't know who directed this episode, but please, don't let that person direct finale ever again.

I can't complian because was thinking in a similar way. I was expecting more for the rocket scene but maybe was lack of time to rise a bit more the action in the scene.

Jun 25, 2017 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
great episode, majority of the world was able to watch their heroism and how awesome magic is, and finally Akko learn how to fly
Jun 25, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2016
Trigger has saved Anime one more time!

I would like to see a second season
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 25, 2017 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, Nine new witches? Pretentious much?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 25, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2013

The power of love saves the world yet again.
Jun 25, 2017 3:31 PM

Nov 2015
SJ7izm said:

The power of love saves the world yet again.

Wiiii~!!!

is end.... pero

Wiiii~!!!
Jun 25, 2017 3:45 PM
Jun 2008
TRIGGER DID IT AGAIN !!
AMAZING FINAL EPISODE FOR A GREAT ANIME.
Jun 25, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
I'm going to miss Akko and the gang. This anime is one of my best winter anime in my list :)
Kitan~!
Jun 25, 2017 4:46 PM

Mar 2014
Andzl said:

Agreed, I have more complains of those last two episodes than the feeling of enjoyment about the series in those moments. The serious elements of the story never were taken important at the end with consideration. They just handle the seal stuff in the 24th episode and the last episode was all about just a random evil rocket. In my opinion they just played in a safe way to finish the anime instead to risk for something better or amazing.

Well, at the end is not enough to blame this anime since it has alot enjoyable characters and a couple of good moments.
Jun 25, 2017 5:12 PM

Nov 2015
Andzl said:

I felt the same thing. The previous episodes were all so touching, I was expecting SO MUCH MORE from this finale. Really, I started watching it completely ready to cry but I couldn't feel much while watching. There were pretty good scenes, but, imo, this episode was, ironically, lacking magic. It was good but not great.
Jun 25, 2017 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
That was one mean missile. Everyone helping out to reach it was great. Akko and Diana ran out of magic, but the people cheering them on pushed them further. The animation when they were fighting the missile was fantastic. It was absolutely beautiful. Akko finally able to fly at the end was marvelous. This was a very good show. I loved it. It's a shame it's over.
Jun 25, 2017 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that was...something...I guess. It definitely lacked impact for a final episode and felt really rushed, but given how last week's episode was also rushed I had a feeling this one would be too. At least it wasn't a bad final episode, it just felt rushed and had a tad bit much plot convenience. Meh/10. As for the series as a whole I give it a well deserved 8/10 score.

And in the end Grand Triskelion was only an upgraded version of the Shiny Rod and we didn't get to see any World Reconstruction magic, and the rest of the more serious issues of the series were resolved in a incredibly safe way, which was a huge letdown.
removed-userJun 25, 2017 9:58 PM
Jun 25, 2017 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
I love Little Witch and to finally get a series and for it to even be two cours was everything I could've asked for. I'm not going to go into details about everything because I'll just start rambling. Going from watching the OVAs to getting the anime announcement and then for it to even be 25 episodes, for it to all be over now feels like the end of a sorta mini era. I'm really going to miss this one a lot. I hope this gets a second season someday... hopefully soon.

8/10
Jun 25, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2009
now that i have watched it with subs i say that was better than final episode than i first thought watching the raw

so that is the world reconstruction magic? everyone's heart/good desires are turn into magic eh
Jun 25, 2017 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
5/5 The finale wrapped up pretty well and did the series justice. The series shouldn't end any other way than this. The animation as Akko and Diana defeat the missile was gorgeous. I liked it a lot.

I loved the new uniforms the girls received before they left to stop the missile. It felt like they were shedding the old witch stereotypes by turning black to white. Which was pretty much what the episode represented as the rest of the world are introduced to a different side of witches.

I was really happy to see the decision to have not just Akko save the day, but Diana being by her side in defeating the missile. I loved that the legendary broom coming back to save Akko as well.

I couldn't ask for a better ending by having Akko being able to FINALLY fly! I'm so happy of her growth!

9/10- This series was really fun to watch. Akko's evolution to become the witch she desired was an awesome and fun journey. All the characters had great chemistry with her and the message this series sent to everyone should be taken to heart. First cour was good but the 2nd cour far exceeded my expectations. Coming into this, I didn't expect anything that happens in the 2nd half of the series. It was different from the 1st Cour and it was exciting. It almost felt like I was watching a different series. Almost.

I hate to see this go but all stories must come to an end. I enjoyed this series so much and found it so entertaining.

This was a fantastic and magical ride. ;)
TehSnawnJun 25, 2017 10:21 PM

Jul 2018
That fucking sakuga fest in that finale was fucking awesome :o Really loved that impact and directing in the end. Especially with the Shiny Arc! It's fucking awesome!

And Akko finally was able to fly! Yay too :3

Though I wasn't the biggest fan of OP1 being played but its more of me not being a fan of it.

Overall, the series is pretty good in the end. The story isn't really that great on paper but what made it good was the execution along with its characters in my opinion, as the episodic or first half wasn't really that strong compared to the second half.

The only issues I have is that the first half wasn't really strong compared to the second half, although I think it built up to it in the end, and some of its characters were kind of lack in development or in a sense, especially in the second half since some of them were side-tracked. Not only that, Croix as a villain (in itself) is not terrible, but she could have been much better in the regard, she's decent as a villain, good as a character since she got good characterization in the end.

Overall I'll give it an 8/10. Though I highly doubt I would think its one of my favorites of the year, but it is one of my favorites of the season in a sense. It's a fun, entertaining and thrilling ride, and quite just a dumb fun series that gives a cartoon-y nostalgia to it.

Mar 2017
I've got to say that this was one of the best episodes in the entire length of the show. It made for a great end to my night. My week has slowly transitioned from bad to best. I thought that although Diana was there, there should've been a bit more build up with her and Akko, just slightly more. It was enjoyable to see that Andrew gave her hat back in the end and that she was actually able to fly. Oh and they looked really cool in the white colored robes. I'd give the series a 9/10.
JazzyforcefieldJun 25, 2017 10:17 PM

"𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾,
𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸
𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵
𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱."
𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽 | 𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽
Jun 25, 2017 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
Even though there's no much explanation of Grand Triskelion , but i like this episode very much and i hope there will be 2nd season.
Jun 25, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
On the bright side, it wasn't a Gainax Ending.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 25, 2017 11:10 PM

Oct 2010
Legit one of the best (enjoyable) finale's I've seen in anime in a long time. Usually I'm like "...that's it?" or "meh..." because endings are so often cop outs. They did a great job avoiding that in this show. Other people here seem to disagree...but it all made sense to me. The last scene was absolutely perfect.
Jun 25, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
Welp and now the journey has finally reached its end. Good stuff considering I had my doubts in the beginning with this series but Trigger with those subtle lessons carried it for me. Gonna miss this show since it was rather different from what I normally indulge in but definitely an 8/10 for me.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 25, 2017 11:49 PM

Jun 2017
While it might not have been the fullest ending, I am very happy with what I got. Maybe I just have lower standards compared to others, but everything felt so right. Finally, the Akko/Dianna combo I've been wanting to see since the second short introduced combined magic.

My only complaint is that once again, World Reconstruction Magic is never explained....we don't even know if the whole thing sparked a rebirth of magic in the world, like the series seemed to hint was the purpose.

While I don't expect there to be a season 2, I do hope they have a 'one last hurrah' OVA episode at the very least (in the same vein as Kill La Kill).
Jun 25, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
MY HEART BELIEVES IN MAGIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2017 12:03 AM

Feb 2013
AKKO FLYING SURPRISED EVERYONE SO MUCH THAT CONSTANZE SPOKE
Jun 26, 2017 12:12 AM

Jan 2015
It seems that the Missile is pretty agile and flexible, even the interceptor missile can't touch it. But the power of support from the viewer really help Akko and Diana to reach and finally destroy the Missile.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 26, 2017 12:29 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, Trigger truly does it again.

The ending to this show has certainly had an impact on me. Though sadly humans aren't as great as they've made us out to be. The defeat of the missile representing hatred and negativity by the power of unity and faith is something I wish for the world. Though regardless of visions of a better world, we can apply Akko's perseverance to our own lives. She is what we all are, imperfect people with many flaws and countless challenges to overcome, but our hearts and belief in ourselves can take us to levels we never thought we could reach.

Beautiful.

Jun 26, 2017 12:30 AM

Aug 2015
Oh man, its a real shame that its over. Seeing Akko avoiding rockets while changing shapes was pretty damn cool to look at!
Jun 26, 2017 12:37 AM

Jun 2017
MY HEART :')
such a beautiful ending, super cliche but I ain't complaining
"we can fix this big angry problem with love and friendship" lmao
Jun 26, 2017 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
Yep, that's another TRIGGER/10
Jun 26, 2017 12:55 AM
Feb 2017
CHEESE PIZZA GODDAMN.

Holy that was a great ending though. i am VERY pleased. will be watching again soon.

also laughed at the pokemon reference. turning one of the missiles into a ball and coming out of it as a turtle. good stuff..
ALSO noticed some references to Neon genesis. the green crosses spreading over the earth bring happiness as opposed to the red crosses the spread over the earth bringing death in EoE.
Very good show. very aware of its anime contemporaries. lots of easter eggs. knew exactly what it needed to do at the end. diana + akko. how fantastic. DAYUMN.
Gonna keep it at a 9/10 for now because although it maye have 'lacked' more of the serious emotional vibes, it was fundamentally a feel good show and i guess i dont really have a problem with that. a second viewing will determine if i can add it to my 10/10 list. i really hope i like it as much the second time.
Jun 26, 2017 1:03 AM

Jun 2015
I loved every second of the finale. This might be one of my all time favorite finales ever. The animation was gorgeous, I loved the parallel between Akko and Diana and Chariot and Croix before they defeated the missile. The original op used as background for the final fight was perfect. I love how strong Akko's become. I love how Croix went off to find a cure for the pain she inflicted on Chariot. I LOVE how Chariot is keeping her hair red. I love how everyone was friends at the end, and how they all gathered to see Akko fly because they love her AND THEN SHE DID. I'm still crying tbh. I'd love another season, there's so much more potential. This is one of my all time favorite animes, easily in my top 5.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Jun 26, 2017 1:10 AM

Mar 2016
god i love trigger so much

didn't expect to cry... aKKO CAN FLY!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 26, 2017 1:10 AM

Jul 2013
wow.. didn't expect a spirit bomb-type of finale. Goku would be proud..

I enjoy the finale, Trigger really upped the ante for this final episode and boy did they nail it. There's a bit of Akko-Diana moments too as an added bonus. Overall it's a very entertaining anime despite some lull in a few episodes. I love the cartoon-ish approach and Ursula in her chariot mode is one of the hottest female anime character I've seen.

8/10
Jun 26, 2017 1:20 AM
Nov 2013
I do understand you people in saying the finale wasn't as emotional or might not have fit the tone and mood of the series in some ways (it was too spectacular and bombastic).

However, keep in mind that the whole story of Akko and Chariot, with the Grand Triskelion magic was already finished in the last episode. Basically, the character development and emotional moments were concentrated in the episodes before this last one.

Then. the last one served as a truly spectacular, happy, exciting finale, to fit this feel-good series. I thought it was fantastic, and suited the series as a whole. It ended it on a happy note.

By the way, animation was top-notch again this episode. I missed the renaming of the words and some kind of Chariot / Grand Triskelion ending, but like I said, the last episode had that. Also the essence of Chariot's magic came back this episode, with all the people providing magic by believing in their hearts.

What a lovely series, trigger saved anime once again!
Jun 26, 2017 1:48 AM

Jan 2008
No words.

Only tears.

No wait, a couple words:

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. THAT ANIMATION. You can tell how much fun Trigger had with that.

Jun 26, 2017 2:07 AM

Oct 2014
Yasminka is the most annoying and useless character.

Animation was awesome, but all this stuff about people crying out loud to the sky was too forced even for LWA
Jun 26, 2017 2:23 AM

Mar 2015
I love the series but i felt this finale was a bit lacking. It was full of bullshit and was just trying to force anything to end the series. It still is pretty good, though. Finally we can see Akko flying. Imagine those stars on the rod turning into actual balls of plasma in Akko's hand.
A solid 9/10 for me. I wouldn't mind a second season but I hope that, if they even make it, it doesn't turn out rushed like this finale. I loved how heartwarming every episode was and just watching all these characters developing makes it feel even better over time.
Jun 26, 2017 2:43 AM
Mar 2014
Hmmm well it wasn't quite on the level of 24th episode of BnHA but it was pretty epic.

I kind of feel conflicted. I kind of want more seasons since it would be such a great franchise to build on but in other hand this ending just screams of no second season. (Or rather that any second season would be incredibly forced and bland)

Of course if they did make a second season. And did want to make it better. They could actually focus, like you know, on Akko becoming a witch through hard work and effort etc instead of basically filler episodes and episodes about epic op ban hammer ancient magic only Akko can use because she is the protagonist : I Who knows.
Jun 26, 2017 2:46 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing. This episode was epic...Studio Trigger saved the anime industry again...I'll miss this anime

Jun 26, 2017 2:47 AM

Mar 2008
That battle with the missile was awesome. I knew the legendary broom would come back to Akko. She finally flew at the end. This anime gets a 10/10 from me. I loved every second of it. I want more.
Jun 26, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2014
I'm gonna miss this. :-(
Let's hope for more great content from Trigger!
Jun 26, 2017 2:51 AM

Dec 2011
Really nice ending and finally Akko can flight now xD
I wish we can have a season 2 of it but it all depends on Trigger.
Anyway always a believing heart is your magic :)
Jun 26, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing & wonderful final episode.
Everyone helping Akko was awesome. Those new witch uniforms were cool.
Akko & Diana battling the Missile was amazing. That art & animation was spectacular. Great to hear the 1st OP song again.
YES YES YES So excited to see the Shooting Star finally show up. Been waiting for this.

That final Shiny Arc attack was extraordinary. A believing heart is everyone's magic. Love all the magic coming together from across the world.

Farewell Shiny Rod. Croix off to fix her mistakes. Ursula with red hair. WOW that's a great look.

YAY!! Akko finally flying & Constanze spoke.

Thank you Studio Trigger for another fun & enjoyable show. Amazing how this started as an OVA, than movie & now TV show.
Big congrats to everyone involved in the production of this anime.
Would love a 2nd Season seeing Akko & the others as 2nd years.

8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2012
Andzl said:

That's how I felt for most of the anime. It's definitely not bad, but it truly lacks a solid direction. Many episodes felt like a waste of time, instead of focusing on more interesting or important things, which led up to an extremely rushed finale. It could have used at least one more episode. Trigger can do much, much better, and the biggest problem is that they have already proven it with the OVAs. Of course, there is barely any character development in there, but the two OVAs gave me quite the strong emotion during the final part, despite barely knowing the characters. The TV show left me with a... "mheh?"

It's a good thing that many people got to enjoy it, in a way or another, and possibly a younger audience, since the target age this time was much lower than usual.
Jun 26, 2017 3:12 AM

Sep 2015
Not the best anime of all time but holy **** those past 6 months were great, I'll miss it a lot
9/10 for me because the quality of the plot wasn't constant imo

now I want a sequel to see what will happen next!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.