Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Mitsuki apparently knows something about the weird noises happening near the villages.

As the most mysterious character in this show, I think it's about time they focused more on that guy. Kinda nice to see him get along with Boruto's family I guess. Himawari is just too adorable!
Jun 21, 2017 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Remember guys never abandon your comrades. Boruto is reliable in the class.
Hinata's the Best Mom & Himawari is so cute. I was looking forward to that Uzumaki family dinner, but Naruto had to go.

Mitsuki knows who is behind the Ghost incident. Next week looks good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 21, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, Boruto sure is popular in his class. Naruto would be proud. XD

Mitsuki is so sharp in his questions, I love how he just bluntly questions Boruto for his opinion on things.

Was looking forward to the Uzumaki dinner, sadly Naruto had work. :(

Mitsuki knows the culprit behind the incidents, next week looks awesome.
Jun 21, 2017 3:25 AM
Jan 2013
DAT CLIFFHANGER!
Jun 21, 2017 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
So this episode showcase Mitsuki being a detective. Well we don't see much of that from him in other media.

Maybe by at the end of this arc, Boruto can appreciate of what he has instead of what he doesn't. His situation isn't perfect, but still it is more than some others. Maybe when he confronts the culprit who I think we all know who it is, it is so obviously, compare his life to the culprit, he will fell like a jerk.

So next week is the climax, so we should be wrapping this up and start the Gaiden arc.
blfanJun 21, 2017 6:25 AM
Jun 21, 2017 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
Sumire is probably the culprit, based on her flashback too.
Boruto can stop with all the hate for the Hokage, it's not like Naruto likes to leave his family.
Jun 21, 2017 4:44 AM

Sep 2015
Its kinda heartwarming if i don't know who is Mitsuki's "parent"

Ulquiorra said:
Sumire is probably the culprit, based on her flashback too.
Boruto can stop with all the hate for the Hokage, it's not like Naruto likes to leave his family.

Boruto hate Hokage because take away the father figure from him
But 7th gen Konoha had no mercy for Naruto's familly even Naruto itself
Into the Internet!
Jun 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2016
Boruto is the polar opposite from Naruto back then.

I hope this arc won't drag out too long, since it won't have much relevance later on imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2017 5:22 AM

Dec 2015
Well well, I actually really liked this episode, it wasn't about potato chips or stalkers or anything of that bullshit this time.

It was good to see them training in school, it seems like they'll form teams very soon. Also Mitsuki did a good job this episode, asking questions all of us are wondering and in a way he 'explained' what Boruto actually feels towards his father. They are more alike than it first seems.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 21, 2017 5:33 AM

Sep 2009
look like my theory on Class rep is coming true.
Jun 21, 2017 5:33 AM
May 2017
Great episode. So the person pulling the strings was actually Sumire! Never saw that coming. I think we were all too busy criticizing this series and did not notice the hints here and there (not everyone of course).
Kaede-chan55Jun 21, 2017 8:42 AM
Jun 21, 2017 5:34 AM

Mar 2016
The episode count is still unknown that means there still hope for more episode!

They can't just stop after just picking up! I guess gravity finally got to Konohomorus friend (I forgot her name)
plot
UrbanJahtsJun 21, 2017 5:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2017 5:34 AM
Apr 2016
Another good episodes again, lol I just wanted mitsuki to tell something to boruto about " Boruto you are my sun "(lmao it can't be happened only my imagine).

Wow dat spoiler, looks like juubi :v
Jun 21, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
When I first saw people predicting that the class rep was the culprit, I thought it was kind of dumb, but seeing her brief flashback and all this mystery surrounding her actually makes that claim seem more legit. We'll see next time.

I really wanted the Uzumaki family + Mitsuki to have a nice dinner, but of course Hokage duties interfered. I liked the scene after that though, with Mitsuki calling bullshit on Boruto hating his dad.

Also..........DID I SEE MY BOY KAKASHI IN THE PREVIEW?!?!?! I've been wanting to see him for the longest time so hopefully he finally shows up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 21, 2017 5:48 AM

Apr 2014
The anime has been giving some subtle and not so subtle hints about Sumire being the one behind the possessions so I saw it coming. The short flashback makes it look like she was being brainwashed or something.
Jun 21, 2017 6:23 AM
Sep 2012
Maybe Sumire, Denki, and Iwabe are all in this together and that is why they are not in the manga or the Boruto movie. They all got defeated and taking away. I know in episode 1, Denki was attacked, what better way to get suspicion off you.

Most likely it is just Sumire, and it would only make sense if they are all orphans, we know Denki has parents, but I love a good conspiracy.
blfanJun 21, 2017 6:58 AM
Jun 21, 2017 6:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mitsuki interacting with everyone was nice and Hima is just so cute DAMMIT

We got that nice Orochimaru and Suigetsu cameo (For a second I thought we were gonna get parts of Mitsuki Gaiden shown in this episode lol) and pretty much confirmation that Sumire is 100% involved in the ghost incidents in some way via that flashback (I'm guessing that really is the child of that ANBU Root dude)

Overall it was a decent episode and before I forget, it's really funny how large the skill gap between Boruto, Mitsuki (And most likely Sarada) and the other students are lol.....They had a bunch of time to spare even xD But I was surprised that Shino didn't commend him and Mitsuki for going back to help Denki especially after they placed the whole emphasis on teamwork

But anyway, I'm very excited for the next episode because the PV gave me kind of the same vibes I got when Kurama (And Obito) attacked the village and it kinda seems like they might be treating the episode like that too since we saw even Kakashi getting involved
Jun 21, 2017 6:53 AM
Apr 2017
blfan said:
Maybe Sumire, Denki, and Iwabe are all in this together and that is why they are not in the manga or the Boruto movie. They all got defeated and taking away. I know in episode 1, Denki was attacked, what better way to get suspicion off you. Sumire be the Anne, Denki and Iwabe be the Reiner and Bertholdt.

Most likely it is just Sumire, and it would only make sense if they are all orphans, we know Denki has parents, but I love a good conspiracy.

Was that an AoT spoiler ? Hope it's not, I just began with the anime 😃
Jun 21, 2017 7:44 AM
Apr 2011
I'm still missing the most valuable plot point... who is goth girl?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 21, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2015
How nice of Boruto to not abandon Denki during the exercise. Mitsuki helped out too. Got to see a bit of a flashback for him. Orochimaru was there. Mitsuki visited Sumire. Seeing from her flashback, she might be the culprit. We shall see. He's been asking some important questions, especially to Boruto. That cliffhanger though. He straight said he knows who's behind the ghost incidents.
Jun 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
Naruto being a bad dad just by being the hokage is so forced, obviously just for boruto drama.
Mitsuki going for dinner and now the beast shows up.
Jun 21, 2017 9:15 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, The story is finally somewhat progressing. Can't wait to see kakashi again in the next episode!
Jun 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
Mutha fuckin' class rep. They tried to make her act like Hinata to make us think she'd be the main love interest, and throw us off her scent, but I could tell. Cho-cho's the real love interest. There's no denying it now.
Jun 21, 2017 9:33 AM
Jan 2017
after watching 12th episode, I feel like Class rep is the culprit, but she was affected by her... mother? sister? auntie? whoever it was. she talk about her hatred to Konoha, and ask class rep to revenge for her.
why's not brainwashed or hypnosis? because her flashback that memory while gazed to the moon.
but it still not sure. let's watch next episodes for the culprit.

I feel bad for Boruto. He saw his sister getting sad because Naruto must leave home and he got mad. Maybe he just don't want the Hokage title take his father away from his family.

Still don't know what Boruto's eyes name and its detailed ability.

Nothing much in this episode. Just show how good Boruto in team work and some flashback.

Waiting for next week.
Jun 21, 2017 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder why Sarada doesn't have dad issue when her father is never around even more than Naruto.

Jun 21, 2017 10:35 AM
Jan 2017
Great episode .. it's nice to see characters have importance in the anime

i'm so excited to see kakashi next episode :D
Jun 21, 2017 10:48 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode. They really do focus on the development of characters, even side characters.
Jun 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
I wonder why Sarada doesn't have dad issue when her father is never around even more than Naruto.

She does have dad issues, you'll see that clearly when the Gaiden arc gets adapted in the near future.
Jun 21, 2017 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
ichii_1 said:
Naruto being a bad dad just by being the hokage is so forced, obviously just for boruto drama.
Mitsuki going for dinner and now the beast shows up.

It's not forced at all, this has been Naruto's main fault we've seen as Hokage since 2015 when the Boruto movie came out (Which was written by Kishimoto). The anime is obviously playing it up more because we're seeing it over the course of multiple episodes instead of just a self contained movie.
Jun 21, 2017 2:05 PM
May 2017
This episode seemed to be made purely for build up to the next one. AND IT SOMEHOW WORKED!

I can see a good betrayal reveal coming up and I love the tension that kind of event builds. Hopefully they 'll execute it right with understandable motivation and a good layer of sympathy for the Traitor.

Despite the Filler like quality of story that some of the episodes have had, I surprisingly really want to see where this arc goes and its repercussions further down the series.
Jun 21, 2017 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
Not a big fan of Mitsuki in the anime for some reason, I'd say I prefer him in the manga.

Anyways the dinner part was nice and the ending was good, the preview for next one looks like we'll get some real village action going on.
Jun 21, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
Sumire is the masked person behind the Ghost attacks. Hope nothing bad happens to her. Im gonna beat someone up if those Demon Beasts from the Preview are gonna be like surpassing the tailed beasts.
Jun 21, 2017 4:06 PM
Sep 2012
Sumire is the masked person, that one who is able to get people to get angry and go crazy, she has some sort of people, but I doubt she is working alone and this was all idea. I am sure there is a big bad behind this.

Perhaps manga spoilers
Jun 21, 2017 4:54 PM
Oct 2016
I guess the only thing I'll talk about is between boruto and Naruto. Again. Even if it doesn't feel forced. While I get Naruto does need to spend some time with his family, sometimes circumstances forces him to deal with the problem at hand. And The Hokage, despite Boruto's claims is something way more than that. Most of us watching Naruto has seen those with the title of Kage, and what it really means to be one to protect their village. Boruto's decision on not wanting to become Hokage, he does have his own reasons. Still there's not much he can do about it, if there's a potential threat that comes to destroy the village, and Naruto does have to take the time to find some way to work with other ninjas to stop it. Otherwise this individual or groups will do more than just "take away family time."

Naruto does have to find some time with Boruto and his children, it's not an easy task, but he also cannot get too absorbed in work. Although there will be times that he will be called to help since he is the Hokage, everyone is counting on his very ability to lead, to protect them as best as he can make it. Unfortunately he also can't get too absorbed in family time and get lazy, since there are still threats like Madara, and even when he had to fight has best friend Sasuke, Pain, all those that did damage to the village. Mitsuki is at least right to call him out like this. While it right now is the fact that Naruto's main fault with his Hokage duties, at the same time he can't just drop his duties so easily. Boruto's only privilege to continue doing stuff like this is only until he realize the reality of it. Granted Naruto needs to be a bit more lax and spend as much time as he can, even during days of conflict should it arise, still point stands that Boruto needs to come to some reality.
Ligerleon89Jun 21, 2017 7:56 PM
Jun 21, 2017 6:47 PM

Nov 2013
moegi with her strange hair as always haha i guess she looks cuter now tho

why sumire...i was liking her, she reminded me of hinata...oh well <.<
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 21, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2015
I think it's silly that they are trying to hide that Orochimaru is Mituki's dad. As if it wasn't totally obvious... I hope the plans Orochimaru have for him are evil and that Mitsuki follows them through cause I love me some snake villains. Will be disappointed if he decides to go his own way and goes against daddy's orders :p
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 21, 2017 7:34 PM

Feb 2015
Sometimes I think that the hate from Boruto to Naruto is exagerated, he's doing his job, wtf. Also I don't remember other hokages sacrificing that amount of time working, even in worst times than this. What happen with Hinata, she doesn't have voice, she could calm down Boruto or speak with Naruto.

This show is gonna try to get more serious.
Jun 21, 2017 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
Don't understand why they decided to keep Orochimaru's face hidden. Mostly everyone that is watching this anime knows from either the movie or from those extra chapters from the Naruto manga. I could understand them wanting to keep the person that Orochimaru was with hidden though, not going to spoil it for those that don't already know.

Aside from that I was surprised that Sumire seems to be getting a bigger role which makes me wonder if she'll actually make it to genin.

I'm sort of curious about that "nine-tails like" incident in the preview for the next episode and how Mitsuki and possibly Sumire will tie into it.
Jun 21, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2016
inb4 it's an orochimaru from an alternate universe, hence the face hide
inb4 purple hair: "you don't understand what it's like"
naruto needs to use his real self more, but screw boruto for not understanding that him and naruto are doing literally the same things, at least in this moment: trying to save their friends

Jun 22, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2016
woah who wouldve known nice episode really ready for next eps to go down
Facta Non Verba
Jun 22, 2017 1:49 AM
May 2017
So mitsuki knows about the men behind the ghost incident , and what is that beast . Next week gonna be great
Jun 22, 2017 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
i'm gonna be so peeved if this ghost arc is just a stupid mini story to drag episodes

is this series really worth watching?
-no comment-
Jun 22, 2017 3:53 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was way better than the last ones. I really enjoyed it. :D I'm looking forward for the next one, maybe we finally know what is going on with the ghost♥
Jun 22, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2016
Favorite episode so far!

⦿ The interaction between Moegi, Shino and Konohamaru was amazing. Moegi mentioning Iwabe in the same sentence as Boruto was interesting as it could mean he will play a larger role in the future. I just hope it doesn't mean that he becomes Kawaki.
⦿ Looks like they might be hinting towards a flashback covering Mitsuki's Gaiden with all these sneak peeks. I'm down for it.
⦿ I'm guessing the woman in Sumire's flashbacks was her mother? Slightly disappointed that it isn't Yugao Uzuki, unless they completely changed her appearance (no pupils, downward-slanting eyes).
⦿ That would've been an awkward family dinner for Mitsuki if he didn't lack all/most social awareness.
⦿ That empty hospital bed at the end. Hmm. It looks like people hit the nail on the head with their Sumire theories. Although I still think it has something to do with Mitsuki or Toneri as well.
⦿ Could Nue be an Artificial Tailed Beast made by the Foundation/Orochimaru in an attempt to control their own Jinchuriki?

Next week's episode looks like it will finally give us some answers after three months of watching Boruto and co. playing detectives around Konoha.

Not only that, but it also looks like the Ghost Arc might be coming to a close which makes me excited for what's going to come after. Are they going to skip time to where they are genin, or will there be another story arc set during their Academy Years? Is this where we will get Sarada's Gaiden?

I'm also curious to see how they're going to cover the events of Boruto the Movie if they ever get to that point. Personally I would prefer they just aired the movie in 20-minute segments as it's a masterpiece that everyone deserves to see and adapting it for a third time (from movie to manga to anime) would be ridiculous.
hiddenhokageJun 22, 2017 6:51 AM
Jun 22, 2017 10:05 AM
May 2012
mitsuki, are you going to blink or what? kinda creepy, but he's cool.
Jun 22, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2015
It is so obvious by know who is behind all of the ghost incident... my question is in the preview we saw Kakashi I though he retired (a consultant) but if he is in the scene I guess the treat can’t be taken lightly... although this episode foreshadows the comeback of Talk No Jutsu unbeknown to Boruto he changes the people around him like a certain Dad/Hokage...
Jun 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
Hmm, seems like Class Rep is really the culprit, to be honest, i´m dissappointed that its her, she had potential to be an interesting support character. Its really fun to watch Mitsuki asking around and exploring around Konoha, it gave him a little development.

You know, I can understand for Boruto being angry at Naruto for leaving his family AGAIN, while in this case, its actually a major threat, the COUNTLESS other times weren´t. Yeah, the Hokage has a great responsiblity but he doesn´t have to go after every little problem and do unnecessary paper work.
Jun 22, 2017 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Boruto please stop being an ungrateful spoiled brat. Your father is the Hokage and the hero of the village who saved so many lives. Can't you just be proud of him ffs.
When he said "good-for-nothing-dad" I was like excuuuuuuuse me, what did you do beside complaining continuously about daddy who works too much. Naruto didn't have parents or friends, the whole village hated him... yeah poor Boruto.
OokamiRisuJun 22, 2017 2:50 PM
Jun 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Jun 2012
RisuSaya said:
Boruto please stop being an ungrateful spoiled brat. Your father is the Hokage and the hero of the village who saved so many lives. Can't you just be proud of him ffs.
When he said "good-for-nothing-dad" I was like excuuuuuuuse me, what did you do beside complaining continuously about daddy who works too much. Naruto didn't have parents or friends, the whole village hated him... yeah poor Boruto.
hahahha

I only saw his action as begging Naruto to pay attention to him. Basically the same lonely child as well.
Jun 22, 2017 4:29 PM

Apr 2014
RisuSaya said:

Boruto's being a tsundere. He obviously doesn't hate his father and this episode made it pretty clear.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.