Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Royal Tutor
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty fitting for this episode to be labeled as the last lesson considering that Haine is going to retire his position.

Apparently, this episode also focuses on choosing a new royal teacher. I still think Haine is probably the most deserving and shouldn't resign like that.
Jun 20, 2017 12:15 PM
Jun 2016
OMG IT REALLY FINISHED. THIS WAS ONE HELL OF EPISODE. I NEVER CRIED LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE. HEINE AND THE PRINCES KILLED ME. THIS EPISODE IS THE BEST TO END A SERIES. I'M GLAD I WATCH IT. IT SADDENS ME T SAY BUT BYE BYE HAINE SENSEI BYE BYE PRINCES BYE BYE THE ROYAL TUTOR TILL NEXT TIME
Jun 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
Great episode. Heine's last lesson was so heartwarming. The princes has grown significantly because of him. They also did really well in speaking their minds to recommend Heine as a tutor again. Rozenberg tried to recommend a tutor so he can control him, but he failed. I'm glad Heine is back.
Jun 20, 2017 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode, Haine remains a royal teacher because he succeeded in teaching his students the right lessons. That is also why they were able to speak for him.

Oh also nice, they could make a sequel (to the history of the first prince).

Overall a good series, pleasant to look at (but nothing special). 7/10
Jun 20, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2017
I don't wanna be that guy but for anime mainly for character development it's kinda lame and I'm not saying princes didn't change but not on full potential still enjoyable to watch 7/10.Fooor now because 5th bother?!?!? Second season (if there is one) is going to be interesting.
*meme*
Jun 20, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2016
Great least episode for a very good show, when I started this one I wasn't expecting much and it turned out to be one of my favorites this season.

The speech was really touching and I'm glad the princes were able to put their learned knowledge to use.

Eins is more of a badass than I imagined him, his announcement made me curious to pick up the manga. The way he slipped past his father was funny, tho xD.

Overall this show surpassed my expectations , especially in terms of characterization and development. Strong 8/10.

I think an 8 is a little bit low considering how much I liked it, but there is still something missing to give out a 9.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2015
That was a very good ending and very good final episode. Got to see everything we pretty much wanted.We got to see first prince,Got to see main antagonist (count) to be scolded by Eins, Haine returning to his tutor position. And the most important thing is that princes changed because of Haine as they demonstrated during their speeches. I think thats the strongest point of this anime is characters and character development. It really is at its finest and the final episode is a good demonstration of that. When Haine was talking how much they've grown and during the speech when Haine cried realizing how much they've grown and even their brother seeing how much they changed.

IF someone didnt understand I think that the reason Haine was accepted back even because of his criminal record and him not being in any university is because everyone during the meeting saw how much Haine was a factor in their's development and how much they care for the country and know what at stake that they wanted to nominate Haine as the tutor.

In the end the anime made many things right. The sound and the songs were on point I really liked the ED and the OP, visuals were pretty great. Comedy was on point, it was pretty funny. The story was pretty nice it did revolve around princes's development. What I also liked is lessons that Haine taught princes and us of course. And as i said before character development and characters is this anime's trademark.

All in all i really dont see anything wrong with the anime as the final episode was really satisfying, it felt like a conclusive ending but on the other hand there is a chance for second season. Its not like Akashic records when lots of stuff is unanswered and unexplored and its obvious it requires in second season while Haine can have second season but the story felt conclusive. Obviously wanna know who is gonna become a kind btw.
And since i dont see anything wrong and nothing honestly bothers me i'll have to give the anime 8 (very good) but i'm really debating on a 9 (great) since the anime is pretty great.

Never forget Sachertorte btw
Jun 20, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Exaggerated tears from personal pov, but certainly not from the princes' side. Haine's, without doubt, one brilliant, splendid royal tutor. And as a character as well. Him bringing the potential out of each one of the princes up on the surface and flashing it out. Them being moved by being acknowledged by their beloved teacher. Haine's finally showing a genuine smile on his face.

If I'm not mistaken, that was prince Eins' first attendance in the series? Then , he left a fierce impression on me. Possibility for season 2? I'm so want more of him at this point.

I very much enjoyed Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine. Loved its comedy moments and its seriousness at times altogether. I'll miss it. Especially Haine and prince Kai.

8/10 enjoyment. Overall solid 7/10 for a decent series.
Jun 20, 2017 1:49 PM
Jun 2016
I loved the series :> If I have one minor complaint, it's that the mystery over what heins did was bigger then the actual thing. The story was great about it, just...a mistaken kidnapping?? :> Really? here I was thinking he was some master criminal, perhaps a general from an oposing army that the king learnt to respect.

Not complaining about the story that was there, loved it :> Just didn't feel the gravitas that the build up hinted at, either way glad for it.
Jun 20, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2016
I NEED A SEASON TWO, A SEASON THREE AND A SEASON FOUR

i love them all so much 8/10
Jun 20, 2017 2:26 PM

Aug 2016
wow, the ending was actually really satisfying o.o
I want mooooooren (and precious Kai is precious and I feel like a mother being proud of all of them XD)
Jun 20, 2017 3:29 PM
Oct 2009
Thought it was a bit corny but fun series overall. Leonhard was too cute.
Jun 20, 2017 4:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The majority of the episode was a bit too dramatic for my taste, but the overall series was enjoyable, and even some parts had me teary. Bruno's episode about being average and having to work hard was especially relatable. It was also fun to watch the princes grow and develop into better candidates for the next king.

Back to this episode though. When the princes were motivated to prove that Haine has made them grow and they were working hard and nonstop for two days, I thought they actually had a real plan/speech to persuade to the council. Especially given Bruno's skill and experience in writing research papers, I didn't expect them to just barge in and suggest Haine as their royal tutor. Them shouting at the end wasn't planned but an act of desperation to give a last appeal to the council. Perhaps it was more genuine that way instead of a prepared set of points, but idk, I just wasn't expecting them to not be more...professional? What were they working hard on for two days?

I am curious about Prince Eins. why does he look older than his father Wondering why his hair color is different :o
Jun 20, 2017 5:23 PM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Hopefully I managed to get the Spoiler thingy to work for images, last time I posted three different thread managers wooped my ass for three different animes :') Apparently loads of images is bad >.< BUT I CANNOT HELP MYSELF~! There's just so much I need to ramble about (and continue to cry over...) ANyway WOAW I SPENT MOST OF THE EPISODE CRYING DAMNIT....

I swear I need a second season rn... Even though it seems unlikely. I can't think of why they'd make one... since the ending wasn't really... like in dire need of a sequel. I don't think it'll get one but I would be ecstatic if they made one!

I minimized the size of the post by putting screenshots into spoilers :3 Hopefully I did it right... but without further ado...
Episode 12:

The end.

*Distant sobs because I don't know what to do now that it's ended...*
Jun 20, 2017 6:00 PM

Sep 2008
i really hope this anime get a second season, because despite how well the ending is i still have my doubts with Prince Eins, he looks evil and seems like the king has his doubts on him, dunno, maybe is just me hoping to get another season cause it was a really good anime.
Jun 20, 2017 6:28 PM
Jan 2017
I don't know if anyone noticed, but at the end of the episode, the very last scene, Heine-sensei was introduced back into the kingdom as the royal tutor again and you can tell it's different because this time the princes actually accept him. HONESTLY SO TOUCHING AT THE END I CRY EVERYTIME :'(((((((((((((((((((( BUT IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 20, 2017 9:11 PM
Jul 2016
Very good finale for a very good series.
At the beginning, I didn't know what this anime was about and I watched beacause I had nothing to do. But it was a surprise becuase it became my favourite from the first episode.

The comedy was good and even the characters development. I really like Heine and the princes, they are all so cute.

I hope for a season two. The manga is still ongoing, so there is material. We also see the first prince.
Jun 21, 2017 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
woah I was cringing the whole episode and lol wow the first prince don't look like his dad at all o.o

and dang white hair bad guys are annoying.
Jun 21, 2017 12:53 AM

Aug 2010
I honestly was not expecting to like this show as much as I did. I literally just binge watched the whole series in a day. This show wasn't even on my radar to watch all season until recently. (All I did was stumble across a clip of Heine and the dog and thought "hey this animation is pretty cute")
There were so many hilarious parts that made watching this show so addictive and enjoyable, but ahh it's over now. Everything was tied up neatly in this ending while also leaving a possibility of a second season with the introduction of the first prince. Really hoping for a second season... love all the characters!
A solid good anime imo!!
Jun 21, 2017 5:45 AM

Dec 2015
Kinda too much drama and crying for me, but whatever...

Finally the first prince makes his appearance! He looks pretty 'dark', I'm guessing he took that from his mother since he doesn't look anything like the King.

Overall this was a series with good comedy and nice characters, but then came the latter episodes with unnecessary drama and etc. so for me it's a 5/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 21, 2017 6:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great ending. The princes stood up for Heine and it was great to watch.

Eins himself started clapping for them :D

Heine giving them the last lesson was emotional.

The dry comedy in this series was really good and what surprised me was the good plot and emotional moments.

8/10, second best non-sequel of the season for me.
Jun 21, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2014
I am really happy with the whole end...liked it very much......
Jun 21, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
A great ending for a great show. The first part with Haine's last lesson was quite emotional.

The princes showed how much they developed

Count Rozenberg failed with his scheming. Eins showed up for the first time and he looks so different than the other princes. The way he slipped from his father.

8/10, a great show.

Jun 21, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2016
I hope there'll be a second season! There's still so much to know and explore about the princes and the story!
Jun 21, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2016
great parting words from Haine. It was a good anime, mix of comedy and words of wisdom from Haine, no complaints with the princes character development, it was nicely done.
Jun 21, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
i hope we get a season 2 as this was one of my favorites this season
Jun 21, 2017 10:07 AM

Mar 2012
I only realized that Morimori voiced the king in the last episode, why didn't I recognize his voice earlier!???

I really loved this series, it was my favorite this season. I hope there will be a season 2.
Jun 21, 2017 11:02 AM

Mar 2016
A nice way to end the anime! Heartwarming and enjoyable to the end it may not be the best anime of this season but it was one that was just a nice relaxing watch each week that I thoroughly enjoyed! I was thinking maybe they were leading into a tease for a second season by not announcing who the new royal tutor was and with the older brother talking about how he will still be crowned king...But then they wrapped it up pretty with the ending scene and I was satisfied with this as the end of the series.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 21, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
it's a cheesy but heartwarming ending. Kinda feels slightly incomplete but I like how it came to a full circle.

On a random note, the first prince probably takes after their mother huh...
Jun 21, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
Ooooooh, this anime. It started off as quite the mediocre material, but suddenly it took a turn for the best and guess what? This episode made me cry, it made me so happy, I can't wait to see what's next!

Also, that other prince? Hmm, we need to find out more about him...

Overall: 8
Jun 22, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 2010
A little overdramatic but still good. Teared up a little there.

I'm hoping we'll get a Season 2!!
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jun 22, 2017 6:35 PM

Oct 2011
Crying non stop from heine final lesson and how each of them grew. Then all 4 princes speech about heine and then the finale scene 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 23, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2017
Eins is badass, his aura screams out KING!! He most likely will become king but if he isn't I think Leonhard will win, I want Leonhard to win, just think he's the most fitting king with his imagination, potential-wise second only to Eins
Jun 23, 2017 5:14 AM

Jan 2016
Eins only appeared for a few seconds but I love him already! I have no problems with him being the next king, at least from what I observed from the very little screen time he had. he looks more of a father than his own father lmao. We need a second season with him having more screen time ok??

I'm so glad I decided to check this one out of boredom! This show is average and cliche and yet very enjoyable for me. I didn't expect that I would like this show so much T^T

Satisfying ending. Heine's smile is so precious <3
Jun 23, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2008
Ahhh ;_; Such a good show. I hope they have a season 2 and show more Eins. I don't really like him tbh because he seems like a real cold hearted jerk type character, even though we only saw a little bit of him. But regardless more development would be good for him.

I wish more of the manga was online..

Jun 23, 2017 6:59 PM

Apr 2015
Probably will be the show of the season for me. The story is simple but very well executed. The characters are amazing. It's difficult to choose which one is my favorite. I liked how they finished the story but I would love to see a second season showing a little bit more of Eins and who will become the next king.
Jun 24, 2017 5:40 AM

Oct 2008
That was very nice really!
The 4 Prince persuaded everyone to let Heine come back as their Royal Tutor!
5/5.
7/10.

Jun 24, 2017 11:40 PM

Mar 2016
I don't think the yelling and heavy panting in the court was necessary. They should have just said what they needed to in a serious stern way, conveying their emotions instead of yelling.
I still can't figure out whether, Prince Eins is a good prince or bad prince? I get the competition and he wants to be king part...but that doesn't make him a bad prince...so was all the bs done by the duke not initiated by the prince...?
Jun 25, 2017 3:58 AM
Jan 2017
WAIT WHAT!!???THAT WAS THE END? NOOOO I NEED MORE EPISODES!!! Pls cone back Haine- sensei.

*I dont like Prince Eins
Jun 25, 2017 4:24 AM

Oct 2015
nice ending. Unlike Nanbaka which also has the same type of comedy, this show didn't make the comedy placement awkward and the chibi moments are there at the right time. I wasn't really into this show at first, but I'm glad I continued watching it. It was a certainly unexpected turn of events in the last few episodes and I grew to like the princes a bit more. 7/10

chanesechan said:
WAIT WHAT!!???THAT WAS THE END? NOOOO I NEED MORE EPISODES!!! Pls cone back Haine- sensei.

*I dont like Prince Eins
he did. Have you actually watched the whole episode?
Jun 25, 2017 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed this series quite a lot. Enough of jokes and fun. Quite a bit of touching moments.
I hope there will be 2nd series. I like the king though, i think eldest prince looks older than the king though. LOL.
A nice closure to this series. 7/10
Jun 25, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2009
OnoD appeared at the end!

Overall, wraps up quite nicely. The princes welcomed Heine back the same way the did in episode 1. If they do a season 2, I'm curious to see if Count Rosenberg continues to scheme or will Prince Eins really aim for the throne with his own power.

Will have to get started on the manga soon.
Jun 25, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
The princes sulk for a bit then go prepare for a speech to convince the council to accept heine again.
Rozenberg's plans crumble and prince eins at the end.
Heine is back and all is right :) 8/10
Jun 26, 2017 5:09 AM
Jan 2017
EGOIST said:
he did. Have you actually watched the whole episode?[/quote]

IK he did come back but it wasn't really official that he is going to be the Royal Tutor or was it... I guess I'm just being retarded but I really want more episodes to see who will finally rise to the crown. :V
Jun 26, 2017 12:03 PM

Oct 2016
I believed it was a very fitting ending for this season. I was in tears with joy and sadness. it warmed my heart! I hope there is a season season where we learn more about the eldest brother.
Jun 29, 2017 1:58 AM

Feb 2013
This show was SO MUCH better than I could have ever anticipated.

8/10
Jun 30, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2015
Atleast Heine is back, my favorite character in the show. That was a passionate speech they gave about their professor and i finally got to see Prince Eins, who was cold even to his father. season 2 please.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 30, 2017 4:50 AM
Jan 2017
I enjoyed the show and all. However,The story is a good fit for fairy tales shows. It would be better if it was part of anime such as Manga Fairy Tales of the World. I do not think it needs a separete show with 12 episodes to cover the story.
Jul 1, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2012
Much better than I expected. I thought this anime would be the typical Ouran HSHC or Shoujo shit because the premise is pretty boys in a royal setting. Usually that type of stuff is on the level of a otome series and they lack substance. However, this anime was nothing like that. It did start off like that but then the characters started growing, and developed into interesting personas with good motives. My favourite character was Kai, and then Haine.

The lessons that the characters learned, the skills they obtained, and how the series was structured was done amazingly well. The switch into a darker storyline for the last few episodes was really shocking but well done.

Very much anticipating a s2 after the stageplay. And yes I'll watch the stageplay DVD once it's out ofc.

8/10
Jul 3, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Great ending, loved the reveal of Eins (finally!). They are setting up for a second season but I suppose it also depends on DVD and manga sales?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 12, 2023

5 by Senpai-no-lie »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - May 16, 2017

50 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:38 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.