Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most overrated manga you have read?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
Tsukihiko said:

Also Koe no Katachi
I sometimes wonder if people who like this one really think that this is how the mindset of a suicidal and a hard bullied person works. The way the subject is treated makes me mad, it's like everything they've gone through in the past makes no diference since it was so easy to overcome everything. I'll give a point to Ueno and the little sister, they're the only good part of this manga, especially Ueno, she's the best character and my personal favorite of them.

Well, in fact, there isn't THAT mind of a bullied person. I also decided to move on with some girls, who acted (near?) bullying towards me. Kids and teenagers can be cruel or just dumb and I wasn't an angel myself, because I always backfired her meanness ... because you have the pride to defend yourself, of course. But we grew up and I found it dumb to hold a grudge as an adult against others, who were kids / young teenagers themselves at that time. Actually, we get along very well now.
I also don't hold a grudge against that guy, who wanted to beat me up. He is still an asshole, but he is still a big loser and part of a ... neo nazi group and he was expelled from school the last time I have seen him and that's a long time ago, luckily. So, I just don't care for that guy.

I even was slightly annoyed that Shouko never defends herself. Not properly. Not really. Even later on with those two girls. I guess, it's just her personality to be a little shyer and so kind, but still...
removed-userJul 3, 2017 7:10 PM
Jul 5, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
Dokubachi said:
Probably Monster.

Not that it's bad, but it quickly descends into absurdity.

yeah this or 20th century boys. urasawa is fine but the overhype is real
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Jul 7, 2017 11:57 PM

Jul 2017
Attack on Titan, especially after these last chapters.
Jul 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Apr 2016
Extect said:
lady_freyja said:
Koe no Katachi
I never understood how that manga managed to be so popular considering how serious the lack of character development is for the two leads —preferring to develop useless secondary characters— and how easy the obstacles are overcame while we're dealing about heavy psychological trauma here.
Two big mistakes in my eyes for that type of manga. Like the manga tries to avoid its own subject.

But I guess that the subjects of disability —pretty rare in manga— and/or bullying are enough for gaining high popularity.

I 100% disagree with this statement. I loved the character development of all the characters in the story, and I consider that to be the most important part of a story.

Most overrated manga will forever be death note for me.
Pretends to be smarter than it is
Character interactions are crap
Flat, perfect characters

Light has god complex how is that perfect?
Light and L both are really childish and egotistical. That is believeable considering Light is good at everything and L is amazing at his job. Light especially lost ultimately due to his childish and emulative personality. Like there are flaws in their personalities and there are logical reasons why they have them.

Also they are the groundings of the story. If they aren't abnormally smart and emulative as hell, they wouldn't have gone against each other at all, which is the main point of the story. It just wanted to be a fun non-battle shonen battle manga but not a preachy story about morality, or psychology if that's what you're thinking.
lunarxlunarJul 10, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 10, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
lady_freyja said:
Koe no Katachi
I never understood how that manga managed to be so popular considering how serious the lack of character development is for the two leads —preferring to develop useless secondary characters— and how easy the obstacles are overcame while we're dealing about heavy psychological trauma here.
Two big mistakes in my eyes for that type of manga. Like the manga tries to avoid its own subject.

But I guess that the subjects of disability —pretty rare in manga— and/or bullying are enough for gaining high popularity.

I think you get everything wrong about the manga. Maybe you just watched the film, which I haven't seen yet. The development for the secondary characters has very tight connection to the theme which is the connection and communication between people. Seeing how they dont understand each other and ultimately resolve the problems serves well for the theme.

Main characters are actually the most developed ones I've seen for a while. Can you name some characters from some newer manga that you consider as well developed?
Jul 10, 2017 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
lunarxlunar said:
I think you get everything wrong about the manga. Maybe you just watched the film, which I haven't seen yet. The development for the secondary characters has very tight connection to the theme which is the connection and communication between people. Seeing how they dont understand each other and ultimately resolve the problems serves well for the theme.

Main characters are actually the most developed ones I've seen for a while. Can you name some characters from some newer manga that you consider as well developed?

Nah, I have read the two manga.

But yeah, the secondary characters felt totally useless since I don't remember them in the least, all I remember is that the girl MC has a sister, but outside of that…
I remember the main characters better, and they are badly developed, since I felt that they didn't evolve at all during I-don't-remember-how-much-volumes-but-far-too-much-anyway.

And I don't care if it is a "newer" manga or not, I read manga from the 1950s to today's, so I have a lot of old references, and they aren't any illegitimate because of this.
But I dunno, for today's manga, it's not that hard to find more developed characters, like this one for example, for taking a non-SOL example.
But a really excellent manga considering character development would be stuffs like Papa Told Me. If you're French or Belgian or something like that you can read it, otherwise, well, too bad, but you can check Double House, especially the last chapter, since the two manga follow the exact same structure, you just have to imagine Double House going for 27 volumes.
Jul 10, 2017 1:53 PM

Apr 2016
lady_freyja said:
lunarxlunar said:

Nah, I have read the two manga.

But yeah, the secondary characters felt totally useless since I don't remember them in the least, all I remember is that the girl MC has a sister, but outside of that…
I remember the main characters better, and they are badly developed, since I felt that they didn't evolve at all during I-don't-remember-how-much-volumes-but-far-too-much-anyway.

And I don't care if it is a "newer" manga or not, I read manga from the 1950s to today's, so I have a lot of old references, and they aren't any illegitimate because of this.
But I dunno, for today's manga, it's not that hard to find more developed characters, like this one for example, for taking a non-SOL example.
But a really excellent manga considering character development would be stuffs like Papa Told Me. If you're French or Belgian or something like that you can read it, otherwise, well, too bad, but you can check Double House, especially the last chapter, since the two manga follow the exact same structure, you just have to imagine Double House going for 27 volumes.

I supposed you might want to give a more popular examples of good characters but you might gave something like shinji from NGE. That's kinda an easy answer.
But simply for a story about self-acceptance and connecting with other people, I don't find a more real portrayal of character than Ishida in recent memory.
His growth is complete, believable and nuanced. It doesn't feel like there is anything missing in his character. His cause of action is clear unlike main character from Flowers of Evil. His growth is more realistic and nuanced than Onanie Master. The end of his character arc was done in a more standard fashion than shinjis in NGE but at least you can understand what's going on outside of his own mind.

Shoko also had her moments. Especially in that controversial scene where her sister watch her getting beaten because she thinks she kinda deserves it. That portrayed bullying in a much wider perspective.

Anyway I wouldnt think there could be anything to add to those two (other than maybe Shoko could learn more, but she's what she is. That's the point of the story. You don't necessarily have to force yourself to change. You can just let others learn about you, or you learn about the others and try to tolerate their flaws because no one is perfect. ) or there was a need to give them more screen time. It's not a shojo love story.
lunarxlunarJul 10, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 10, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
lunarxlunar said:
It's not a shojo love story.

Like I said earlier in that topic. This is probably the main issue for me, it's not a shōjo in its way of doing things but is really shōnen-ish (not my cup of tea at all), and even in that case the "love story" part in your sentence is superfluous.

I have already mentioned a "similar" shōjo manga that I think is far better.

lunarxlunar said:
a more popular examples of good characters but you might gave something like shinji from NGE. That's kinda an easy answer.

Easy, if I have read/watched it.

Just a quick glance at my profile is enough to understand that I don't care about the popularity or whatever, but I'm reading what interests me, which is often unpopular. And that stuffs like NGE would be a total UFO for me.
removed-userJul 10, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 10, 2017 4:48 PM

Mar 2016
lunarxlunar said:
Extect said:

I 100% disagree with this statement. I loved the character development of all the characters in the story, and I consider that to be the most important part of a story.

Most overrated manga will forever be death note for me.
Pretends to be smarter than it is
Character interactions are crap
Flat, perfect characters

Light and L both are really childish and egotistical. That is believeable considering Light is good at everything and L is amazing at his job. Light especially lost ultimately due to his childish and emulative personality. Like there are flaws in their personalities and there are logical reasons why they have them.

Also they are the groundings of the story. If they aren't abnormally smart and emulative as hell, they wouldn't have gone against each other at all, which is the main point of the story. It just wanted to be a fun non-battle shonen battle manga but not a preachy story about morality, or psychology if that's what you're thinking.

I'll just say I wrote that pretty fast so I'll give actual details here.

Light is basically shown to be able to do anything he tries at the level of a pro, (like that tennis match, which is also an example of poor character interaction) while also having genius intelligence, at this point I don't really think you can consider a god-complex a fault. L's could be considered more of a fault because he actually lost because of it. You are right that each of them has their 1 fault but if you're godlike in everything else calling them perfect is not really an exaggeration. Btw I personally think light losing in the end was bs (authors wanted him to lose so he did), but his actions after losing where well done.

Me saying flat characters was bad description. As at least the main characters aren't really too flat compared to average series. What I really meant to say is that they're static and lifeless. They don't really have much nuance or minor traits to pick up on, and the development is non-existent, which wouldn't be overly bad except for the fact that memory-less light is an entirely different character. The actions still make some sense but as with above the nuances of it don't work out very well.

As for Death note not really being that smart. L is okay here but Kira is the main problem. Light can perfectly predict how people who he doesn't even know will react, yet he still leaves a trail wide open pointing towards him. Or his plan to see the ID of the police officer, it was such a simple plan, yet the problem is it would actually have such a small chance of success (unless you do a case study on the officer and have actual reason to predict His actions). If it actually wanted to show him as smart with plans like this it should've shown him as more of a chess master or something, with a multitude of backup plans for different scenarios that could occur. --lights loss was because somebody acted contrary to his 'expectations' one time.

About your last comment, just because it set out to do that doesn't mean it should ignore everything else, and should have had at least the morale/psychological levels of a decent battle shounen story.
Btw if you want to see a series with a real genius vs genius intelligence battle read liar game
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2016
20th Century Boys, don't misunderstand me, I like a lot 20CB and it's an excellent manga, but have much, MUCH things that a lot of the Urasawa fanbase overrated in ridiculous ways.
Jul 10, 2017 9:10 PM

Jun 2015
Wannabiteme said:
lady_freyja said:

and suicide. I don't remember watching or reading about this subjects. There is Onani master Kurosawa, but it's about different things.

lady_freyja said:
Koe no Katachi
and how easy the obstacles are overcame while we're dealing about heavy psychological trauma here.

Easy? We have got

In case of a main heroine we have lot of people
but we know that she is
most of the manga.

ps. Koe no katachi movie is a lot worse... but, I guess, you can call it "bad adaptation".

It's because of the emofags on mal who want to kill themself and get bullied.

LOL.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 10, 2017 10:46 PM

Apr 2016
Extect said:
lunarxlunar said:

I'll just say I wrote that pretty fast so I'll give actual details here.

Light is basically shown to be able to do anything he tries at the level of a pro, (like that tennis match, which is also an example of poor character interaction) while also having genius intelligence, at this point I don't really think you can consider a god-complex a fault. L's could be considered more of a fault because he actually lost because of it. You are right that each of them has their 1 fault but if you're godlike in everything else calling them perfect is not really an exaggeration. Btw I personally think light losing in the end was bs (authors wanted him to lose so he did), but his actions after losing where well done.

Me saying flat characters was bad description. As at least the main characters aren't really too flat compared to average series. What I really meant to say is that they're static and lifeless. They don't really have much nuance or minor traits to pick up on, and the development is non-existent, which wouldn't be overly bad except for the fact that memory-less light is an entirely different character. The actions still make some sense but as with above the nuances of it don't work out very well.

As for Death note not really being that smart. L is okay here but Kira is the main problem. Light can perfectly predict how people who he doesn't even know will react, yet he still leaves a trail wide open pointing towards him. Or his plan to see the ID of the police officer, it was such a simple plan, yet the problem is it would actually have such a small chance of success (unless you do a case study on the officer and have actual reason to predict His actions). If it actually wanted to show him as smart with plans like this it should've shown him as more of a chess master or something, with a multitude of backup plans for different scenarios that could occur. --lights loss was because somebody acted contrary to his 'expectations' one time.

About your last comment, just because it set out to do that doesn't mean it should ignore everything else, and should have had at least the morale/psychological levels of a decent battle shounen story.
Btw if you want to see a series with a real genius vs genius intelligence battle read liar game

Personality can defiinitely be counted as flaws. That Light is so egotistical that he wants to become a god just caused him to be possible to get caught in the first place. It can be considered as a skill flaw rather than just a moral flaw because it made Light more possibly to get caught.
Also there are characters with incredible talents and appearance like Griffin from Berserk and I don't think people consider him as a poorly written character.
Those two characters have the flaws that prevent them from succeed.

I do agree that the ending was poorly done in that respect. (because like nearly every good manga has their author running out of ideas in the midway) I think the live action movie may end it in a more reasonable fashion. But if Light didn't just reveal himself in the last second, he still could've made up lies to say that it's a trick pulled by N. How he really lost was because he enjoyed winning so much he wanted to announce his victory in the very last second, even before the death note starting to take effect. So not only did his ego cause him to raise suspicion around him, he actually lost ultimately due to that.

Though there are still not many flaws for Light. I do think that's intentional because it made Light more sharp as a character with God complex. That he is good at everything makes him more believable for his desire to win every single mind game between him and L. So emulative that he would flip his shit if he just felt he had a little bit less control of the situation. One of the most interesting thing about Death Note and battle shonen in general is that that rivals have very strong desire to win. If he's just an ordinarily smart character, the story would just be more bland rather than believable.

Also that death note completely gave up the chance to comment on society with its setting was just like the opposite of pretentiousness. It only made the story better paced and more about fun strategies and mind games, rather than boring philosophical talk.

I think Liar games and One Out falls into that category where the main protagonist is just kinda bland. I only read several chapters for Liar games. Even though the manga explained why he is so smart, it has to push the story and the rivalry stuff forward. That couldn't be the case for Death Note but I still stand by the fact that manga doesn't have to put realism at the highest priiority
Jul 11, 2017 6:00 AM

Feb 2010
Takamura-sama said:
Wannabiteme said:

and suicide. I don't remember watching or reading about this subjects. There is Onani master Kurosawa, but it's about different things.

Easy? We have got

In case of a main heroine we have lot of people
but we know that she is
most of the manga.

ps. Koe no katachi movie is a lot worse... but, I guess, you can call it "bad adaptation".

It's because of the emofags on mal who want to kill themself and get bullied.

LOL.

You are responding to sentence ...? (I'm confused because its the old post)
Jul 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Jun 2017
For me its Boruto I just cant stand it and I don't like whats its doing to the Naruto series that I loved so much for so many years
Jul 26, 2017 8:34 PM

Feb 2017
I would say it's Princess Ai.

I can't say I like this series. The storyline isn't coherent, but I guess that's to be expected from a first-time writer. Princess Ai is not human, she's an alien and someone evil is evilly out to kill her to take over her kingdom. She's magically transported to Earth and soon after discovers she's totally marketable and is talented at singing and becomes a rock star. Hmmm..so much for keeping it on track to get over her amnesia, find out who she really is, find a way to get back home, save her world and probably subsequently, save Earth as well, destroy the evil, live happily ever after and end world hunger...all from a measly locket that sucks the life out of regular humans.

It's too cliche. You can find something cliche in any manga, but this one has it lined up one after another with a little originality. However, I can say that I like the art style, this is real and awesome.
Jul 26, 2017 10:03 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
By far Skip Beat. It's been quite a long time since I read it but that series is regarded as a good shoujo with a serious female protag which it's not. I cannot believe it's still on going when it has a small premise.

And I remember any time it had the chance to be interesting it blew it.
Jul 29, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2016
I can't think of any Manga. I can only think of Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Mostly in germany I think this Manga is a little bit too popular. Of course I don't have anything against this Manga. I think it's a likeable Manga with some good characters but some people see it as one or the best Shoujo Manga. How I said before: I like this Manga but it's definitely not even close to be the best in my opinion. It has some weak points and not all characters are that good. Only the two main characters are actually interesting.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jul 29, 2017 12:22 PM
Feb 2009
HistoricGamer46 said:
Horimiya, after chapter 24 or something it got so boring. I don't know why people even like it and also it feels very shoujo for a supposedly shounen manga so there's that as well.

Yeah,
IT's called "had a great idea but just wrap it up already, dead cows don't give milk". AKA Naruto, Bleach etc.
Jul 29, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2017
IMO, Beach, Naruto and One Piece
Jul 30, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not the most appropiate to answer this since I barely read manga, but I guess that Grand Blue, it's a fine comedy but I don't think it deserves the current Top 10 spot on MAL.
Jul 30, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Welcome to the NHK & Onanie Master Kurosawa

I read both through completion because everyone seemed to agree they are good.
Unfortunately I thought they were a complete waste of my time. The stories had nothing going for them, I hated every single character, the plot was boring and the conclusions were also boring.
I kept thinking that they would get good at some point, but they never did.
To this day I still can't understand why they are so praised.
Jul 30, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2017
Bleach and Attack on Titan definitely
Jul 30, 2017 12:18 PM
Feb 2009
lunarxlunar said:

Personality can defiinitely be counted as flaws. That Light is so egotistical that he wants to become a god just caused him to be possible to get caught in the first place. It can be considered as a skill flaw rather than just a moral flaw because it made Light more possibly to get caught.
Also there are characters with incredible talents and appearance like Griffin from Berserk and I don't think people consider him as a poorly written character.
Those two characters have the flaws that prevent them from succeed.

I do agree that the ending was poorly done in that respect. (because like nearly every good manga has their author running out of ideas in the midway) I think the live action movie may end it in a more reasonable fashion. But if Light didn't just reveal himself in the last second, he still could've made up lies to say that it's a trick pulled by N. How he really lost was because he enjoyed winning so much he wanted to announce his victory in the very last second, even before the death note starting to take effect. So not only did his ego cause him to raise suspicion around him, he actually lost ultimately due to that.

Though there are still not many flaws for Light. I do think that's intentional because it made Light more sharp as a character with God complex. That he is good at everything makes him more believable for his desire to win every single mind game between him and L. So emulative that he would flip his shit if he just felt he had a little bit less control of the situation. One of the most interesting thing about Death Note and battle shonen in general is that that rivals have very strong desire to win. If he's just an ordinarily smart character, the story would just be more bland rather than believable.

Also that death note completely gave up the chance to comment on society with its setting was just like the opposite of pretentiousness. It only made the story better paced and more about fun strategies and mind games, rather than boring philosophical talk.

I think Liar games and One Out falls into that category where the main protagonist is just kinda bland. I only read several chapters for Liar games. Even though the manga explained why he is so smart, it has to push the story and the rivalry stuff forward. That couldn't be the case for Death Note but I still stand by the fact that manga doesn't have to put realism at the highest priiority

Do you mean the Hollywood one as live action? If yes, hen sure. The ending will be good after the trainwreck the rest of the movie will be.
Aug 2, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2017
Fairy Tail was just painful the last 100 chapters, after being mediocre the whole way to that point.
Aug 3, 2017 10:00 PM
Dec 2015
lady_freyja said:
Koe no Katachi

Yup, you are a complete idiot, their is not even a single point correcting you.
Aug 3, 2017 10:08 PM
Dec 2015
Any manga that has not been ripped at is hard to find, but I guess I will have to say I never understood why even stuff like Jitsu Watashi was is never knows to bigger fanbase but Nisekoi happens to be popular.

Nisekoi is like a Shoujo theme forced into a Shonen logic, breed Cancer×Aids hybrid.
Aug 3, 2017 10:44 PM

Jul 2016
Fairy Tail no questions asked.
Aug 22, 2017 2:07 AM

Aug 2016
so far, Our Happy hours
MichaelJacksonJan 20, 2018 12:28 AM
:v
Sep 8, 2017 6:14 AM

Mar 2011
Koe no Katachi is pretty overrated in my opinion
Nov 14, 2017 1:29 PM

Oct 2017
Berserk. Its like you aren't allowed to bash it even though it has been trash for like 15 years/volumes.

It went from a mature dark fantasy manga to a lighthearted JRPG Shounen adventure. Cant believe fans still eat it up and are fine with Miura being a lazy hack.
Nov 14, 2017 5:53 PM

Apr 2013
Vinland Saga, it's shit
Nov 15, 2017 10:42 AM
Mar 2017
a lot of people will argue that and won't agree with me, but even if I still read One piece, I find it being really really overrated... it's indeed a good manga but too many people read it only because it's popular and not because they really like it, and it's probably so popular not only because it's good, but due to the length of the product (it's the longest manga still running in manga's history, am I wrong?)... (Not saying Oda isn't good at making stories, I've cried too at many incredible scenes like Merry's farewell for example)...

In conclusion: Is one piece good? definitely, has it the right to end in Manga's Hall of Fame? Ofc, Is it really that good? No.. it's slightly higher than average but not a masterpiece...

Personal point of view tho
Nov 15, 2017 7:22 PM

Feb 2016
Beserk. it have been going down hill ever since Conviction Arc.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Nov 16, 2017 5:06 AM

Aug 2015
Shingeki no kyojin and One punch man are the most overrated manga i have ever read.Reasons:

Shingeki no kyojin has the most shitty weak crybaby MC who always need someone to save him,art of the manga is also quite bad and ugly not to mention the slow pacing and boring story.

OPM actually has pretty good art and fight scenes but perform poorly on the aspects of story and character development.
Nov 16, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2010
Tapertrain said:
Fairy Tail no questions asked.

FT is overrated these days? pretty much everyone just constantly shit on how bad the writing is in it.
Dec 1, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2017
Steel ball run. Horrible art, i kept asking myself questions like "what is that, a foot?", "why would he draw a foot there". Plus the story felt outdated and boring
Dec 2, 2017 1:33 AM
Feb 2009
If you go by MAL rating:
Berserk- good but certainly not one of the top
One Piece- same

By popularity (fans on forums etc):
Fairy Tail
Dec 2, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2016
JoJo. All of them. Every part.
I still like it, but fucking hell, I'm so sick of people praising it like some kind of Citizen Kane of manga.
Dec 2, 2017 3:35 AM

Jul 2017
Fairy Tail - Why fans thinks it comparable to the Big 3 that their fans created a Big 4 even though FT is a different magazine than the Big 3 with its predictable fight and lot of fanservice that even Hentai couldn't kept up with it.

Hunter X Hunter - I love it but it been longer that it should be . The original HXH anime was awesome but since HXH 2011 which is an overrated anime . The mangaka even been seen party rather than focus on his work . Axe the manga if he doesnt want to work so that other new manga can be given a chance
Dec 2, 2017 1:02 PM
Jul 2007
Aside from having an unique style and a really vast universe, I don't see anything extraordinary in One Piece. In my opinion it's a really good battle shounen like, let's say, The Seven Deadly Sins or Fairy Tail, but way behind an actually extraordinary shounen like Fullmetal Alchemist. Death Note is really interesting and well-thought but I don't think it's a masterwork either.

I don't know in other regions, but at least in France or Spain Jiro Taniguchi is a huge name among the "art comics" crowd and I saw him branded more than once by critics as the best mangaka alive before he died (RIP). He was an unique artist with an extraordinarily subtle realistic feel and most of his introspective works are excellent, but I don't think that made him better than so many great artists that shouldn't be rejected for being "commercial". Actually I like his old hard-boiled manga the most.
Dec 3, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
Snk and Five centimeter per second...
Dec 5, 2017 6:07 AM

Jan 2017
Hmmm... Last Game.

Reading the reviews, seeing the rating, I think it's pretty overrated. Yes, I enjoyed reading it (I even gave it an 8) but to me, it's your typical shoujo manga. The male MC is too pushy and the girl is just too... I didn't see anything special. That's just my opinion tho.
Dec 5, 2017 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
Golden Age arc of Berserk.
Dec 6, 2017 12:16 AM

Sep 2015
Bleach was just a waste of time
Dec 6, 2017 3:33 AM
Aug 2016
Fairy tail turned into a garbage
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

---8man
Dec 6, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
One piece. And that the reason I not adding this to my list
Dec 20, 2017 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
recently boku no hero, i dont even hate it in fact ive read most of the chapters its just......not special in anyway that really makes me go "wow this is amazing" its like every other shonen to me.
Ideals, philosophy, art, culture. They live and die for the meme. - Kamukura Izuru

Dec 21, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
I am not a fan of Tokyo Ghoul, perhaps because I saw many of the things in that manga done in Deadman Wonderland. Somehow the depravity and psychopathy present in the latter worked better than the former. There's something artistically hollow (read: uninspired) about Tokyo Ghoul that I can't really put my finger on. Yes, it's aesthetically pleasing, it has all the notes of a psychological and grimdark horror, but something about it just doesn't click with me. None of the characters really click with me, and I don't really care about any of the tragic backstories. The Ghoul Killer Squad is also some of the most boring and uninteresting stuff I've ever read and so many chapters are devoted to it. I get it, they're basically heroic villains - villains that are villains because they aren't the protagonists - but my God, do I absolutely not care at all.

Believe me, I've tried. I gave up the first time, tried to go back the second time and I got maybe 3/4ths of the way done and had to stop. I think it was when Ken got kidnapped by Aogiri and escaped that I just lost interest. There are so many groups after these ghouls, it began to feel a bit like how Bleach just reframed the same scenario in different ways.

I also don't get everyone's love for Kaneki. The whole "I need to shoulder everyone's burdens and not be a bother" is obviously steeped in his childhood and near-present experiences, but it still just comes off as...basic.

I don't KNOW why this manga doesn't work for me, but it doesn't. It just doesn't.

Things To Keep In Mind:
  • You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.
  • My thirst for anything humanoid (and legal) cannot be contained.
Dec 21, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2017
5 centimeter per second.

do yourself a favor and keep away from this manga.

Dec 22, 2017 1:47 AM

May 2016
naruto. currently over 500+ chapters and it's just so bad with poor writing and development
omgDec 22, 2017 2:11 AM

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

14 by Eziprez »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

380 by Kkulpanda »»
5 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Yesterday, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.