Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 3, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that powerup. I like it, better than the one from the previous episode as it has more emotions and rage poured into it.

Found it amusing at the way Goku talked to Freiza. They're like best friends
Jun 3, 2017 5:28 PM

Jan 2012
Still vastly disappointed in the Frieza swap in for Buu. Also meh on Female Broly.
Jun 3, 2017 5:37 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The power that Kale shoot at the end was so easly deflected. If she is stronger the other girl should have at least suffered with the deflect but no.

Jun 3, 2017 5:37 PM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure Cauliflower went ssj2 deflecting Kale's attack. Still kinda funny to me that Frieza fits inside that tiny ass pod lmfao. I'm assuming Cabba is the weakest among the three universe 6 saiyans, with Caulifa (that her name?) being the strongest. I like that they made Kale say "My ki is building... Overflowing!!!" Nice lil detail. I kinda would've wished that they made Broly canon and made him fight in the tournament rather than bringing frieza in AGAIN
Jun 3, 2017 5:43 PM

Jul 2015
PipeBoss said:
The power that Kale shoot at the end was so easly deflected. If she is stronger the other girl should have at least suffered with the deflect but no.
I think she is stronger than Kale. Judging by her hair getting spikier and aura with electricity, she became a ssj2. Ssj2 is stronger than LSSJ (depending on the fighter of course.) Im guessing universe 6 saiyans are at a level where they could have transformed into super saiyans earlier if they knew it existed, and Caulifa is at least strong enough to tap into ssj2
Jun 3, 2017 5:53 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Yeah, was thinking that but for a person that just learn to be ssj 1 being 2 that easy is a bit disapointing. In summary, they are stronger than the universe 7 saiyans so their evolutions are going to be by far stronger.

Jun 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
Is it just me or did that transformation felt kinda underwhelming? I mean, transforming while crying, and then those huge mouths, honestly Toei can't properly animate anything these days.

Caulifla went SS2, she's advancing fast for someone that just learned how to transform, maybe we'll even see her in Blue form? But nahh that'll be too crazy.

Frieza joins the team, honestly that Goku and his curiosity to fight strong opponents xD Frieza always comes back.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 3, 2017 6:46 PM

Sep 2010
joe_g7 said:
Is it just me or did that transformation felt kinda underwhelming? I mean, transforming while crying, and then those huge mouths, honestly Toei can't properly animate anything these days.

Caulifla went SS2, she's advancing fast for someone that just learned how to transform, maybe we'll even see her in Blue form? But nahh that'll be too crazy.

Frieza joins the team, honestly that Goku and his curiosity to fight strong opponents xD Frieza always comes back.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened at this rate lol. Female Brolly is impressive and all but, it seems they're setting Califula up to be the genius type, kinda like Goku in a way. That plus she seems to have a completely different way of approaching super saiyan than everyone else so far.

Little disappointed with how rushed it feels (cabba included) but, well, there's not exactly a lot of time left and they have a LOOOONG way to catch up to the U7 saiyans.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jun 3, 2017 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
PipeBoss said:

If the original Broly counts, the Legendary Super Saiiyan is weaker than a SSJ2 so it isn't a surprise at all that Caulifla is more powerful than her

joe_g7 said:

I disagree. I found the transformation very good because of the VA of Kale and the presentation itself. It was very creep for sure.
Jun 3, 2017 7:25 PM

Apr 2015
So those 2 girls are sisters hmm.

Anyway imo Frieza's return is kinda weird but man he looks strong AF. The soundtrack on the background and the purple-ish area just made his comeback 10x better!
Jun 3, 2017 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
One of the best episode of the series.

I really like how they are taking time to show us other universes' participants. The tournament is going to be much more interesting.

Nice to see female Broly and and Cauliflower turning SSJ2. I didn't realize it until now, but where are their tails? It would be fun to see a super saiyan ape rampaging in the tournament.

Absolutely love the tension/drama with Freiza joining in. 10 buddies fighting together would be boring as compared to the team being forced to work with an enemy.

The revelation about a moral even stronger than a God of Destruction in an universe was also pretty huge. I highly doubt that moral would be Jiren, so most likely he/she is from 1 of the 4 universes that are not participating in the tournament. That would mean we are getting more arcs after this tournament of power arc.
Jun 3, 2017 7:39 PM

Sep 2010
chunng said:

I really like how they are taking time to show us other universes' participants. The tournament is going to be much more interesting.

Nice to see female Broly and and Cauliflower turning SSJ2. I didn't realize it until now, but where are their tails? It would be fun to see a super saiyan ape rampaging in the tournament.

Think they mentioned back when we first met Cabba that the saiyans of U6 evolved differently? And that's why they don't have tails... I guess.

Soli18 said:

Not really... it's an underling boss broship kinda thing. Aneki/Aniki are often used like that in a ganglike type set.... annnnd I'm am absolutely horrid at explaining this. Best off just ignoring this lol. But, I'm positive they're not actual siblings.
Jun 3, 2017 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing episode. The interaction of Freeza and Goku was really great and the mini fight with Kale vs Cabba was nice too. Caulifla were great as always too, I'm really liking this new characters

Soli18 said:

Anyway imo Frieza's return is kinda weird but man he looks strong AF. The soundtrack on the background and the purple-ish area just made his comeback 10x better!

No, Kale is her protegé, not her sister.

chunng said:

Absolutely love the tension/drama with Freiza joining in. 10 buddies fighting together would be boring as compared to the team being forced to work with an enemy.

The revelation about a moral even stronger than a God of Destruction in an universe was also pretty huge. I highly doubt that moral would be Jiren, so most likely he/she is from 1 of the 4 universes that are not participating in the tournament. That would mean we are getting more arcs after this tournament of power arc.

The U6 Saiyans don't have tails because their evolution was different than U7.
Jun 3, 2017 7:47 PM

Apr 2015
Ahh so they are kinda like teacher and student I see. Like their interaction with each other tho =P
Jun 3, 2017 8:11 PM

Jan 2016
i found universe 6 legendary super saiyan coming out really funny.
it would make sense that caili is on par or stronger than LSS because when she first transformed she was giving LSS vibes.
they set frieza and goku gay lovers 100%
wonder who universe 4 is going to bring out

Jun 3, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2010
Apparently turning legendary SS kills neurones too, making KALE impossible to rationally think and submerged by killing intention...
And those muscles... She did not have to be Broly 2.0/ More originality would have been welcomed. Disappointing.
Jun 3, 2017 8:25 PM

Sep 2010
Aohh said:
Apparently turning legendary SS kills neurones too, making KALE impossible to rationally think and submerged by killing intention...
And those muscles... She did not have to be Broly 2.0/ More originality would have been welcomed. Disappointing.

Well, considering Brolly is technically non-canon iirc, I guess this is their way of canonizing brolly and the LSS transformation. Even if not exactly lol.
Jun 3, 2017 8:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very good episode. Kale turning into Broly type SSJ was so good to see. I like the power up more than Cauliflas tbh.
She easily overpowered Cabba who is the weakest of the three possibly.

I wonder if Kale will get mad when she sees Goku.

So Frieza asks to be brought back to life. No surprise there.
It'll be interesting to see Frieza on Earth just interacting with the group as a team member.

Jun 3, 2017 8:32 PM

Jan 2009
the female Broly is here! too bad she is like the Hulk with all power and no intellect lol

and damn is Caulifa more genius than Goku and Vegeta? she just turn to SSJ2 without much effort lol
Jun 3, 2017 8:34 PM

Apr 2017
This episode was underwhelming. I mean we got to see Caulifla turn not just SSJ but SSJ2 that quickly and Kale becoming a LSSJ felt like it was forced. Damn it man, if only Super had better writers. Oh and what's the deal with Goku resurrecting Frieza for 24 hours? Couldn't he have picked a different warrior instead?
Only in death are we all equal.
Jun 3, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2015
I dont care What others negative reviews say, this is really entertaining, action, comedy, and watch goku fight as before. The next episode will be more than entertaining, freezer is already on the team.

Jun 3, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2014
the literally have a rat as a God of Destruction which just feels stupid af
At least it fits his character
Jun 3, 2017 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
Good episode but it felt too short and rushed, highlights are definitely U6 Saiyans and Frieza, Kale's transformation was cool and funny poor Cabba, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't talk about SSJ2 even though they probably don't know about it also when Frieza gets released the surrounding area changes Colour maybe responding to Frieza's sinister aura which i thought was pretty cool.
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Jun 3, 2017 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Caulifa became the first canon ssj4. Is there any reason why Beerus can't simply order Frieza to enter the tournament considering he's basically his boss?
Jun 3, 2017 9:24 PM

May 2010
My funny tingly feeling told me that the-not-canon-yet Broly probably will be mentioned when team Goku encounter "Groly" :D
Jun 3, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2016
Now it turns that becoming "the legendary super saiyan" was just about focusing your energy at the back. Anyone can become one!

And Kale must be really stupid. She saw how Kyabbe was just pretending to be mean to Caulifla when he was "insulting" her so she could get mad....and she couldn't then recognise Kyabbe was doing the same when it was her turn? Huh? Is she retarded or something?

Honestly the way it has been shown how the U6 saiyans get to know, learn and become super saiyans so normally, so easily, has been really dissapointing, almost insulting to the whole DB legacy.

As for Frieza, it felt so fake how he reacted to Goku's visit....I agree with OP; it felt like almost a conversation between 2 good old pals reunited again......knowing Frieza and all what he has been through thanks to Goku, he must have burst in anger right after seeing him. It was not believable.
Jun 3, 2017 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting episode. Frieza being so serene after all Goku had done to him is kinda unexpected, but he surely has something in mind after the resurrection.

U4 God Quitela has something personal with Beerus seemingly, it makes sense. A mouse will always hate a cat xD

Now to U6 scene. Caulifla deflecting Kale's energy shoot with so much ease looked as an indirect that Legendary Super Saiyan level never surpassed the SSJ2 tier in the DBZ movies lol And Kale really hates Cabba, poor guy though. He recently learned how to become a SSJ, only to be owned by two girls. Still, I doubt those three can do something relevant in the Tournament but who knows how Toei makes a mess to the power levels more than they already are LOL
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 3, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
I don't really care for the female saiyans. I was excited at first but their characters are nothing interesting... Kale's voice especially getting on my nerves.

I'm also still bitter about the Buu swap but at this point, I think Frieza coming back is the only interesting thing going on in the show.
Jun 3, 2017 9:45 PM

Apr 2014
so Kale has the broly form legendary ssj and Caulifla easily went into ssj2 form

honestly this was the only part i really cared for in this ep as for Frieza i still hate the fact that he's making another comeback

anyway looking forward to next ep
"one step at a time"
Jun 3, 2017 9:48 PM

Feb 2013
The transformation for Caulifla in SSJ2 is really simple. The transformation has two ways: one for rage and another for a great quantity of energy, which Caulifla has a bunch. She reach in this state while trying to save Cabba which she uses energy.

But she can't transform into SSJ3 because Goku is the one who create the transformation but if she see in the tournament, she probably can. After all, Goku never said how he transform into SSJ3 to Goten and Trunks but both of them were able to transform after seeing the transformation. And of course, she can't reach blue or god because she don't know the transformation and it isn't natural like SSJ or SSJ2
Jun 3, 2017 10:07 PM
Jun 2011
neonshock said:
Now it turns that becoming "the legendary super saiyan" was just about focusing your energy at the back. Anyone can become one!

And Kale must be really stupid. She saw how Kyabbe was just pretending to be mean to Caulifla when he was "insulting" her so she could get mad....and she couldn't then recognise Kyabbe was doing the same when it was her turn? Huh? Is she retarded or something?

Honestly the way it has been shown how the U6 saiyans get to know, learn and become super saiyans so normally, so easily, has been really dissapointing, almost insulting to the whole DB legacy.

As for Frieza, it felt so fake how he reacted to Goku's visit....I agree with OP; it felt like almost a conversation between 2 good old pals reunited again......knowing Frieza and all what he has been through thanks to Goku, he must have burst in anger right after seeing him. It was not believable.
i remember one of the universe 7 warriors turned into ssj2 trying to protect someone. caulifla did it as well here
Jun 3, 2017 10:08 PM
Jun 2011
DazeFire said:
so Kale has the broly form legendary ssj and Caulifla easily went into ssj2 form

honestly this was the only part i really cared for in this ep as for Frieza i still hate the fact that he's making another comeback

anyway looking forward to next ep
one of the warriors from universe 7 turned into ssj2 while protecting someone so same goes for cauli here
Jun 3, 2017 10:43 PM
May 2013
anyone notice? whiz say there is people in other universe that can't be destroyed even by god of destruction itself, and the god of destruction there more powerful than beerus, whitch univerese?
Jun 3, 2017 10:45 PM

Dec 2011
This is turning out to be really interesting with Frieza back and how Universe 4 is planning something to crush Universe 7.
Anyway really good episode and female Broly is just love lol
Jun 3, 2017 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
Klonoa7 said:
I dont care What others negative reviews say, this is really entertaining, action, comedy, and watch goku fight as before. The next episode will be more than entertaining, freezer is already on the team.

It's not great... but it's not GT either so... that's a plus! lol

Kenji-Hayashi180 said:
This episode was underwhelming. I mean we got to see Caulifla turn not just SSJ but SSJ2 that quickly and Kale becoming a LSSJ felt like it was forced. Damn it man, if only Super had better writers. Oh and what's the deal with Goku resurrecting Frieza for 24 hours? Couldn't he have picked a different warrior instead?

Who else could he have picked with comparable power to Buu or himself?
Jun 3, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
That was such an interesting episode!
The thing that had me most interested was indeed Whis revealing that there is a mortal in one of the Universes (He didn't say which exactly) who even a God of Destruction can't beat, and that Universe's God of Destruction is stronger than our Beerus. Everything points to Universe 11 and Jiren, but I do hope it's not that and there's a mortal from the strongest four Universe's or something, but chances are unlikely, they might be building up to the Joker God of Destruction and Jiren.
Ah Kale ascended to LSSJ, she seems much weaker than Broly in his LSSJ state though.
Quitela and Sidra will probably send out assassins to kill Frieza, will be interesting to see what happens if Zen oh finds out about it lol.
Jun 3, 2017 11:26 PM
Jun 2017
Lets just go ahead and ignore the fact the weak timid black girl becomes stronger a white.........what she couldn't be strong and black? I always hate shows/movies/animes/etc. throwing in a black/gay/etc character just to have one (nothing strikes me as more racist than a show with 99 white people and one black guy), but really they knew they wanted to use broly's appearance, they knew that though they were going to change his sex they were going to keep him white, so why the hell attach the transformation to a black character?? especially when they have a white one they could have used?. Well despite that crap and the fact cabage who was the 1st person in universe 6 to learn about going super saiyan is now pretty much the weakest of the 3 super saiyans there (yay girl power)......it was a pretty good episode though I always prefer more action, and the whole god of destruction that's stronger than beerus an a mortal that's at least as strong as said GoD has me even more hyped for the tournament of power where I assume said mortal will be fighting, guessing this is their way of having a serious fight between goku and someone of beerus level (higher in this case) without having beerus losing to goku or making it so goku is definitely stronger than beerus.....Also since wiz only mentions one does that mean beerus is either the second strongest GoD? all the others including beerus are around the same level? or was it really just that wiz wanted to talk about how strong said mortal was and figured pointing out the GoD there was stronger than beerus would better indicate just how strong said mortal is?..................questions.....questions...........questions........ I eagerly await the answers.
Jun 3, 2017 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
I'm not sure what to think of Kalie's super Saiyan broly inspired form other than I like thenidea if female super saiyans but it honestly feels like forced fan fiction like super Saiyan god and super Saiyan blue lmao and frieza working with goku for the first time ever. That's already two things I never thought would happen in the history of dragon ball forever.

I hope frieza doesn't become a good guy after the power of tournament is over rofl
The_Nut_CrackerJun 3, 2017 11:43 PM
Jun 4, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode I guess.

Interesting bit about other universes by Whis.

Looks like Frieza swap in for Buu is pretty much confirmed, kinda sad. :(

Not too fond of the female Broly transformation, the muscle growth felt kinda weird. The mouths during the screaming in this episode were way too huge, not to mention the reasoning behind the transformation and anger felt off.
Caulifa definitely went SSJ2 there which was probably my favorite part of the episode.

Honestly, it's kinda sad to see how the mighty Super Saiyan was reduced to nothing more a tingly sensation on the back and now with Caulifa going SSJ2 it really kinda downplays the impact of these transformations. Remember how epic the SSJ2 transformation was when Teen Gohan did it, when Majin Vegeta did it. Everyone went through so much to achieve their forms and here it's happening like nothing. I guess since the power scaling is so high, all of the lower forms need to be reduced to look like simple stuff. :(
Jun 4, 2017 12:22 AM

Mar 2014
I remember that Vegueta told us that Cabba is stronger than him in base form during the universe 6 tournament but didn't expect him and the Saiyan girls to transform so fast to SSJ, SSJ2 and LSSJ as a joke (do they add alot of vitamins in their cereals?!).

The most surprising thing of this epsiode is that Whis said that there is mortals stronger than Bills!! So I believe that Gogeta officially gonna appear in DBS in order to battle those opponents since the fusion dance is a technique (not a weapon/item) and Vegito SSJ Blue's power is similar to Bills according to a quote from the Supreme Kai during Zamasu's arc in the manga.
Jun 4, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2014
Honestly, all of the universe 6 saiyans (that are competing) felt like lazy or awkward designs. So Kale even talks, acts and fights like broly... I'm fine with it.

At this point I pretty much treat ssj1 and ssj2 as the same thing there are few defining features between the two and half the time it feels like the animators forget what those features are and use some ssj2 features in ssj1. So I've given up and accepted it years ago, only time I treat it differently is if you see them jump from ssj1 to ssj2.
Jun 4, 2017 1:22 AM

Oct 2016
That Broly lookalike sht ripped my dick in orbit, but other than that It was good.
Jun 4, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2015
So many people looked forward to female Broly, and now she turned out to be a huge disappointment. Seriously, she starts crying for no reason at all, and goes on rampage? Hated it!

I'm ok with Frieza, I don't mind it, it's up to the creators what he'll be doing in this arc, and especially in the next episode.
I wouldn't mind if one of the universes got destroyed by Zen-oh in the next episode, because of the assassins. Although I don't know if sabotage against the rules, but whatever. There would be less characters to work on for the writers.
Also why do they target Frieza next episode? They might as well go for Goku or anyone else. The assassins could just try to kill everyone, idk why Frieza was emphasized there.

I wonder if it was Jiren whom Whis talked about. If not, we have more arcs to look forward to after this one.
Jun 4, 2017 3:59 AM

Feb 2008
ok first off, that was her first transformation. not to mention she has no confidence in herself. secondly, she had to transform into ssj2 to deflect that blast. i don't know how you missed that. clearly between the three of them, one of them is just naturally gifted, the other has to train a lot, and the other has no control. If they had more time, they might actually be formidable, but for now, with the quirk of being a special universe where they just attain power that the base universe had to spend years getting, this seems like a fairly plausible development without being too eye rolley.
Jun 4, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
Broly is back, at least the female side of Broly.
Frieza wants to be resurrected after the tournament, that was obvious.
I would like if that happens, and let him train for a couple of years, we need a big villain, and he was the best one.
Jun 4, 2017 4:08 AM

Nov 2016
I really hope that Whis's statement will turn out to be foreshadowing for someone we will meet in a later arc and that super continues after the tournament.

Female LSSJ was kinda disappointing and it seems like that SSJ2 also felt victim to inflation. But I don't really mind at this point.

The most interesting part was the conversation between Goku and Frieza, that was amusing and meanwhile I'm not even mad anymore that he will replace Buu,since he will definitely bring a breath of fresh air in this tournament. Knowing him he's already scheming something.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2017 4:42 AM

Sep 2015
Will that trio Saiyan turn into blue or red on tournament?

Its going to boring if 80% of player are weaker than blue
everyone else except main start will remain
Into the Internet!
Jun 4, 2017 6:02 AM

May 2015
Welp, now we got legendary super sayian and apparenlty Caulfila can go super sayian 2.

If the freeza gonna be universe 10 member, then they should change the opening a little (Buu is out).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 4, 2017 6:15 AM
May 2012
sure...legendary super sayian out of nowhere..ssj 2 as well...and of course, another dragging episode next week...
Jun 4, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
wow I was wondering who is broly's lookalike...this is quite interesting...seems like frieze is up to no good
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

72 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.