Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 1, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was the best birthday Linlin ever had.

It's too bad the happiness didn't last. Interesting to find out more about Caramel.
Stark700Jun 1, 2017 3:29 AM
Jun 1, 2017 3:27 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What the hell?? Mother Caramel was actually a notorious figure in the Underworld?? o_O And wasn't that the power of the Soul-Soul fruit?

On Linlin's 6th birthday, everyone from the Lamb's House vanished into thin air and completely abandoned her. Why?

RIP Master Yorle..
Jun 1, 2017 3:32 AM
Sep 2016
LunyRed said:

On Linlin's 6th birthday, everyone from the Lamb's House vanished into thin air and completely abandoned her. Why?

I think she ate them.
Jun 1, 2017 3:32 AM

Dec 2012
Just when I thought Mother Caramel was a nice person. She turns out to be selling orphans for profit. Seems like she had the Soul Soul Fruit before Linlin.

Woah everyone disappeared.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 1, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2014
I think it's obvious what exactly happened back then. Linlin couldn't even see what she was doing when she saw the croquembouche. I'm pretty sure she ate them all without even realizing. That's beyond horrible. I couldn't even imagine she would do that...
Jun 1, 2017 3:36 AM
Mar 2016
Such a great way to end this flashback even though it was so short. Linlin doesn't realize that she ate Mother Caramel and probably all of the other children as well. It's still possible that the children ran away.

However Big Mom having the Soul fruit proves that she indeed ate Mother Caramel and that you can acquire a devil fruit by devouring the previous user. Linlin didn't know of Mother Caramels devilfruit, so she didn't realize that she had eaten her.
Jun 1, 2017 3:40 AM
Sep 2016
If she really ate them, could this mean that if you eat the person who has a devil fruit power you gain the power? Or you have to eat their heart or something, since BB obviously did not eat Whitebeard whole. :)
Jun 1, 2017 3:51 AM

Jul 2011
Wait that make BigMom same as Teach, abnormal body!
Jun 1, 2017 3:53 AM

Nov 2016
And here I was thinking that Mother Caramel would die the same way like most characters in flashbacks before , as a sacrifice. How wrong I was.

But if I think a little bit about it, Doffy also killed his dad.
Maybe it's a thing now that the villains in One Piece are killing their special someone themselves.

The chapter was decent, not top niveau, but still good.

Big Mom, was damn fucking strong, owning a giant with one hit as a 5year old child, even though he wasn't in his best years Yorle was still a veteran fighter. That's quite something.

And we were trolled again, didn't see the plot twist with Moter Caramel coming at all, very interesting that she was working together with the goverment and that we got to see the CP0 from back then.

The most important info in this chapter was this.

Oda introduced us another way how one can come into the possession of an ability, eating the previous owner is now officialy also an option.

The flashback is over, and next week we will see how Luffy and the others gonna deal with a raging Yonkou.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 2017 3:54 AM

May 2015
Duuuude she ate them all, didn't she? That's disgusting!

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Oda said that you don't get the devil fruit abilities of a user if you eat them. The soul-soul fruit must've just been transferred into a fruit in the house which Linlin then ate. Yeah, I was right. He said so here: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_16

Wait, actually, he doesn't state whether it does or not nevermind lol.

Anyway, back to the present! Will they fail or succeed?
FangJun 1, 2017 4:02 AM
Jun 1, 2017 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
Here we see vore fetish in full throttle.
Jun 1, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2010
This was fucked lol

She ate them all without realizing lmao

Didn't expect the Caramel being an underworld broker thing. The Soul Soul fruit thing was kinda hinted last ep with the divine rays I guess.

Linlin suplexing Mountbeard at the start was awesome xD
Jun 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, I really though Sister Caramel was a nice loving person. That was just sad who she turned out to be, A child slaver of all things. :(

Holy hell, Big Mom is so strong as a kid, At her current age just what would happen if she decided to hit someone?

Caramel definitely had the Soul-Soul fruit, how did Linlin get it though?

That ending, I really think Big Mom just cannibalized everyone there. Hope it's something else though cause if it isn't then well, shit.
Jun 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
Like how this chapter were told, black comedy. Melancholic yet frivolous.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Jun 1, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
wait, you guys thinking she eat them all? i tough mother caramel simply abandoned linlin alone...

and linlin surprisingly more childish than i tough..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 1, 2017 4:17 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, she ate all of them.
The soul fruit from Carmel probably grew/reborn inside her.
Great chapter, this is some dark shit Oda gave us here xD
Jun 1, 2017 4:28 AM
Mar 2016
Kuma said:
wait, you guys thinking she eat them all? i tough mother caramel simply abandoned linlin alone...

On the bottom left of the page where Linlin notices that everyone is gone, you can see disrupted parts of Mother Caramels clothes lying on the ground. So yes she was eaten. We don't know for sure about the children though because some of the underworld brokers at the tea party have some similarities to the children. For example one child has a scar and one of the underworld brokers has the exact same scar, plus they have the same hair colour if I remember correct. Other children have similarities with some of the other brokers as well.
Jun 1, 2017 4:30 AM

Mar 2016
WOW. That is so messed up. That whole backstory is filled with tragedy.

First, the giants letting go of Linlin and Mother Carmel because of how much they respected Mother Carmel but in truth she turns out to be a two-faced bitch. (Seriously, never saw that coming. Genuinely thought she was nice). Sad that Yorle died tho :'(
Second, she's raising a home of children just to sell them off at the underground market. And it seems like the WG are involved in this market as well which tbh is not all that surprising but wow, fuck you Mother Carmel. Fuck you!
Third, Linlin most probably having eaten the kids and Mother Carmel atleast that's what we get from seeing how she couldn't control herself while eating the Croquembouche and the broken chairs and few ripped out clothes. And she has no idea about that. That's really messed up :/

Mother Carmel having the soul-soul fruit wasn't all that surprising I guess. But how did BM get the fruit? Did the fruit grow somewhere nearby after that? Or did she unknowingly take Caramel's DF the way BB and his crew steals DF? I hope they bring that up. Would def be interested to know.

Overall I'd say it was a great chapter and now we're back to present time and I hope to see everyone kicking some ass :D Esp Sanji because he obviously needs it xD And the other Vinsmokes. I really want to see them and their powers in action. Esp Reiju and Ichiji.

Jun 1, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
ayyy lmao. She ate them. Perfect end for Carmel if that was the case, that slag deserve to get eaten by best girl BM.
Jun 1, 2017 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
TheEnhancedExe said:
Kuma said:

On the bottom left of the page where Linlin notices that everyone is gone, you can see disrupted parts of Mother Caramels clothes lying on the ground. So yes she was eaten. We don't know for sure about the children though because some of the underworld brokers at the tea party have some similarities to the children. For example one child has a scar and one of the underworld brokers has the exact same scar, plus they have the same hair colour if I remember correct. Other children have similarities with some of the other brokers as well.

aren't mother carame intended to leave to begin with tho? linlin already sold, i don't see why caramel need beside linlin anymore... i tough it more possible as false flag... we didn't see blood...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 1, 2017 4:42 AM
Dec 2014
So Eating DF user give you their ability? is that how bigmom can control the weather? and Blackbeard got his power?????
What you guys think or you think something else happened ?
Jun 1, 2017 4:43 AM

Oct 2015
On page 15 bottom-left panel of the mangastream scan you can see the hiragana of the kids screaming in horror as Linlin eats them. This is gonna be messed up in the anime. They're probably gonna play happy music with the narrator talking about how blissful Linlin is with shrieks of terror in the background. At least this shows why Caramel was foolish enough to protect her life, and why none of the kids seemed like anyone we knew in present time.
Jun 1, 2017 4:44 AM

Jun 2014
If she really ate them all then that's fucking crazy. I doubt she gained the powers of the Soul-Soul fruit directly through eating Mother Caramel though. If I remember correctly, once a DF user dies, the nearest fruit takes on the form of their DF, so that's probably what happened and then Linlin ate it. This chapter also potentially explained the reason why Linlin doesn't let anyone leave her crew, because of past abandonment issues.

Also, I didn't see that Mother Caramel plot twist coming. I thought she was going to offer herself as a sacrifice in exchange for the Giants letting Linlin live, I wasn't expecting her to basically be a World Government child trafficker. That was a pretty short backstory but it explained everything that needed to be explained, now I can't wait to return to the chaos of this tea party assassination plot.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 1, 2017 4:46 AM

Nov 2010
Kuma said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

aren't mother carame intended to leave to begin with tho? linlin already sold, i don't see why caramel need beside linlin anymore... i tough it more possible as false flag... we didn't see blood...

Caramel wanted to sold BM and leave the buisness. Instead she left BM and took the kids? It makes no sense. It's obvious she ate them.
Jun 1, 2017 4:49 AM

Mar 2014
If anyone needs even more clear evidence as to Big Mom eating the "some" of the children and caramel
Look on the pages when shes eating and done saying
"I was so focues on eating, i chomped down on the table a few times"- Everyone was sitting around the cake on tables...
"What a wonderful day, she couldnt even see through her tears"...Must have began around that time.

Surprisingly dark chapter by Oda but awesome. Just bring the assassination on already!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 1, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
Dahaka_ said:
Kuma said:

Caramel wanted to sold BM and leave the buisness. Instead she left BM and took the kids? It makes no sense. It's obvious she ate them.

she left linlin only, the rest is unsold property yet... and caramel leave linlin as property including orphanage and marine simply come to island and took her later...

i can belive if linlin eat children, but i can't belive she eat mother caramel since it showed that mother caramel can stop linlin...

oh, and it's implied that linlin never eat human flesh... sure she can be destructive even devastating giant village when she hungry, but it was never saying she ate any of them...
KumaJun 1, 2017 5:04 AM
Jun 1, 2017 5:04 AM

Nov 2013
She ate them ... and that's how she got the power of the fruit.

Lol. not bad !
Jun 1, 2017 5:05 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
TCRfanatic said:
I think she ate them.

Now that I think more about it, that does make sense, especially Mother Caramel's veil lying on the ground. She was having so much fun eating that she could barely see through her tears. She picked up the kids and Mother Caramel without realizing it. She did chomp down the tables.

Man, this is really disturbing.. Well, can't wait to see what's gonna happen with the assassination plot.
Jun 1, 2017 5:09 AM

Nov 2010
Kuma said:
Dahaka_ said:

she left linlin only, the rest is unsold property yet... and caramel leave linlin as property including orphanage and marine simply come to island and took her later...

i can belive if linlin eat children, but i can't belive she eat mother caramel since it showed that mother caramel can stop linlin...

oh, and it's implied that linlin never eat human flesh... sure she can be destructive even devastating giant village when she hungry, but it was never saying she ate any of them...

Just accept it man, the implications are clear. Mother caramel clothes lying on the ground, disstressed screams in the small panel right after BM begins her feast, BM having Caramel's power. You can make excuses for all the hints, but there's simply too much of them and they all point to BM eating everyone.
Jun 1, 2017 5:18 AM

Mar 2015
Dahaka_ said:
Kuma said:

Just accept it man, the implications are clear. Mother caramel clothes lying on the ground, disstressed screams in the small panel right after BM begins her feast, BM having Caramel's power. You can make excuses for all the hints, but there's simply too much of them and they all point to BM eating everyone.

my point is that the hint isn't clear yet... i never said my conclusion is the one that correct, and you guys wron..., but i have that interpretation based what isee and i want to discuss it... i might be wrong, but it doesn't metter... i like a discussion...
the hint of BM eaiting everyone based solely by BM traits and and the fact everyone gone...
take a look at left below panel

this happened after birthday preparation...

also, aren't devil fruit power can't be gain as simple as eating it users?
Jun 1, 2017 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
This is really a good flashback. In two chapters many things were explained

- why linlin hates giants / giants hate linlin
- how she got her power
- why she wants to create an island were every race could live together
short_reviewJun 1, 2017 5:51 AM
Jun 1, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2015
Interesting chapter, and quite dark for sure!

I understand it she accidently eats kids, they wouldn't have the strength to resist much, but Mother Caramel? I think she would try to use her DF powers to put up a fight, some sort of resistance. I' thought BM would notice if someone really struggled. Oh well, she didn't notice the taste being different either, so whatever.

I wonder what's gonna happen next chapter. Probably they're going to fail, but I can't wait to see how and what happens.
Jun 1, 2017 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
I think from now Oda gonna keep making us doubt whether a new character is really good or not.

Jun 1, 2017 6:01 AM
Sep 2012
So there is a method to her lousy parenting, that is why she didn't discipline Big Mom when she deserved it, trying to mold some soldiers here, and if orphans is where some CP 9 members come from, I wonder is Lucci one of them. Hmm I more interesting in that than Big Mom.

So second time in her law, a parental figure ditched Big Mom, I can't believe I am saying this, I feel sorry for Big Mom, dam you Oda still not excusing for what she has become. Still better than Doflamingo that made me hate him more.

Now can we have some orphan Lucci backstory?
Jun 1, 2017 6:12 AM

Sep 2013
If what I think happened in the end... That's really beyond fucked up
Jun 1, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't expect Caramel to be selling those kids. Although that ending was much more unexpected.
Jun 1, 2017 6:41 AM
Oct 2013
Well, i've expected this, but to think that One Piece becomes this dark. The weird part for me is that there is no blood at all, especially on Linlin's mouth. But maybe Oda did that to make the scene less brutal.
Jun 1, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
This chapter... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Seriously, this is fucked up. I expected this twist and still got me.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Jun 1, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2016
I'm calling it, she ate them! Damm Oda continues to surprise us, she was a slave seller, No mother Theresa
Jun 1, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2008
Galih_Prabasidi said:
The weird part for me is that there is no blood at all, especially on Linlin's mouth. But maybe Oda did that to make the scene less brutal.

Yeah that's also what i find strange. There is not one drop of blood.
Lucky Linlin some fruit in her stomach either turned into the DF or eating someone with a DF ability can also give you the ability.
Jun 1, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2014
That Caramel twist o.O
Damn, didn't think she actually eats people too, besides those talking sweets.
Jun 1, 2017 7:08 AM
Apr 2016
Oda with that god tier foreshadowing once again. Big Mom has a pretty sad backstory to be honest. I knew that Mother Caramel was a dodgy person. Now we can see how the fight is going to go between Big Mom and Luffy finally. Great chapter. 5/5.
Jun 1, 2017 7:25 AM
Apr 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was the best birthday Linlin ever had.

It's too bad the happiness didn't last. Interesting to find out more about Caramel.

She definitely ate them
Jun 1, 2017 7:48 AM
Mar 2009
I vaguely remember that Linlin ate someone back in the Fishman arc though. . . now that we've seen more of her powers, it could have just been a homie, but still it's possible that she now consciously eats people. . . I'm thinking of chapter 651 if anyone's interested.
Jun 1, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect something like that. That was truly fucked up. But even with this I cannot feel bad for BM. Also, Caramel was an orphan slaver who only cared about her profit and fame in the Underworld. She deserved an end like that.
Jun 1, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
@Kuma

-She was going to be sold, but she didnt (if that was the case oda would have showd us at least the mask of a cp0 watching and aproaching her)
-BM has the same fruit as caramel (she ate caramel and got the power that way)
-she can bearly see because of the tears (she didnt realize what she was doing)
-in the pannel of the mountain we see the children screaming desperately (maybe some got to escape, but most of them probably not)
-we see bites on the table and the ripped cloth of caramel (oda was hinting with the table that she ate everything in front of her, and with the cloth he was saying "yes, even the people in front of her")
Jun 1, 2017 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
Pordo said:
@Kuma

-She was going to be sold, but she didnt (if that was the case oda would have showd us at least the mask of a cp0 watching and aproaching her)

during negotiation, it was already deal, and caramel get what she demand... as we see she is being cheerful afterwards..

Pordo said:
-BM has the same fruit as caramel (she ate caramel and got the power that way)

i don't remember there is case where you can gain devil fruit power by eating it user... even kurohage need his OP devil fruit to do it... and ace devil fruit become conquest later... nobody eat his corpse...

Pordo said:
-she can bearly see because of the tears (she didnt realize what she was doing)

again, during fasting, she didn't even eat anyone, let alone during peaceful days... also what she eat is sweet food... pretty sure human flesh is not sweet...

Pordo said:

-in the panel of the mountain we see the children screaming desperately (maybe some got to escape, but most of them probably not)

you mean this? they can scream because lot of things...

Pordo said:
-we see bites on the table and the ripped cloth of caramel (oda was hinting with the table that she ate everything in front of her, and with the cloth he was saying "yes, even the people in front of her")

again, it's based generalized BM traits... but i already pointing by my third point... also, 2 more things i can't accept if BM does eating everyone:
> there is no blood, or body pieces, or any gore thing... wsj does can showing that much (i mean, you can look at marine ford arc.. tho you can't showing intestines)...
> it's implied in early chapter that mother caramel know to hold BM tantrums... if she can back then, why now she cant? it's not like she helped by giants back then...
KumaJun 1, 2017 8:21 AM
Jun 1, 2017 8:23 AM
Oct 2013
Kuma said:

If you have no brain you make dumb deductions like those.

Jesus. the children were afraid of Big Mom before and all of sudden they´re cheery and happy? No fucking way. Caramel announced her leave and she did leave.
As if Oda would incorperate cannibalism in his Manga.

Only idiots would support that claim just to say "One Piece must be edgy" ONE PIECE ISN´T FOR KIDS! Gtfo here!

20 chapters later or whenever it´ll happen some character like Katakuri makes an off hand remark à la Family guy about how Big Mom ate her fruit 20 years ago and every asshole that was adamant about Big Mom eating them goes.

Oda you trolled us, you meanie, such a genius ! You had me I really believed she ate those children in that Shounen Manga, but she didn´t. WHAT A TWIST! that´s why he´s Goda!
IsterioJun 1, 2017 8:44 AM
Jun 1, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Isterio said:
Kuma said:

If you have no brain you make dumb deductions like those.

Jesus the children hated Big Mom before and all of sudden they´re cheery and happy? No fucking way. Caramel announced her leave and she did leave.
As if Oda incorperate cannibalism in his Manga.

Only idiots would support that claim just to say "ONE PIECE MUST BE EDGY" ONE PEICE ISN´T FOR KIDS! gtfo here.

i need to clear some of things...

you mean those in here is my deduction or the one who saying BM eat them all?

oda does can showing some fucked up thing like underaged drug addiction during punk hazard, but it's not implicit disturbing, tho i simply didn't see anything in here... just usual human traficking...

also, one piece (or wsj) can showing even more edgy, hence why i found it strange oda didn't do it... but yeah, i got your point here...
Jun 1, 2017 8:41 AM
Oct 2013
Kuma said:

i need to clear some of things...

you mean those in here is my deduction or the one who saying BM eat them all?

oda does can showing some fucked up thing like underaged drug addiction during punk hazard, but it's not implicit disturbing, tho i simply didn't see anything in here...

also, one piece (or wsj) can showing even more edgy, hence why i found it strange oda didn't do it... but yeah, i got your point here...

I agree with you.
Oda depicted this in Law´s flashback.

But it was done seriously with a somber tone and a depressing outcome.
Not this bullshit looney tunes logic. I´m Pacman waka waka waka.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

25 by Tiarwa »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.